• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

olive.tree

hot cocoacane
It is 1998. The Dark Lord has been defeated. Nobody quite knows what to do next.

Hogwarts is still in ruins. It has been rebuilding, yes, but nobody has time to restore every ravaged corridor when there have been oh so many young bodies to remove. The students have grown used to a tyrannical, bigoted regime, and are more withdrawn and sparse than ever before. The staff struggle to mourn their losses whilst managing an angry, grief stricken student body, and a long year of academic inequity and misconduct. Even Peeves has been gentler than usual, and has taken to guiding the new, too young ghosts who now wander the halls, watching their friends attend classes that they themselves will never be able to complete.

But time doesn't stop for grief. After one, tentative month of classes finish up the 1997-98 school year, the holidays offer a slight reprieve. Then, as if there had never been a break at all, September arrives, and a new generation of students arrive at Hogwarts.

Muggleborns, who have been promised a world of fantasy, instead face a new world of grief and fear.

The children of death eaters, too young to understand their place in the world, unsure if they ever will.

Those who have lost a sibling in the war. Those who lost them in the fight for good. Those who lost them in the fight for evil.

Those who understand that they attend their classes on a freshly dug graveyard. And those who will have to learn.

These are the characters that we will follow.

~

Okay I know this sounds a bit edgy but trust me, I do Not want that to be the vibe. Things are sad, yeah, but this RP will be an optimistic one. At its core is going to be the theme of finding heart and humanity in the midst of despair, and the hope that future generations can find innocence and love where those before them have only found hate and fear. I don't want edgy characters. I want children who have a lot of learning to do, who have been dropped into a gaping wound, but who are children nonetheless. Who will attend classes and have dreams and grow as the world around them heals.

I'm going to be accepting three characters for each house. Its obviously going to be a very sparse new group of students arriving, this year. However, if I get more interest than I expect I may up it to four per house.

The vibe is gonna be very chill. I'm a busy person, and I know that many of you are too. Don't let this become a thing of stress. If you're taking a while to respond, no biggie. I'll move the NPCs around to account for it, and keep the narrative going. Lets just have fun.

Anyway, lemme know if there's any interest!

Ooh! I would love to join! Just a few questions:

1) Can we have two characters? Like, two brothers?
2) Can the characters be fanchilds from outside the Harry Potter saga? Like Hogwarts Mystery?

That's all, mostly, hehe!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back