Opinion Historical Thread. "Questioning the WW2."

MarinesThePsychoticReaper

Resistance Member
Greetings everyone. Today I wanted to discuss with a lot of other people, things that happened during WW2. That we could question, exchange our opinions about and Theorize. This thread will be controversial for many people but I'd like to have all the participants to have an open mind. WW2 was a conflict that was lead to by many things. Therefore we cannot blame only one side based on some things. We need to look into the origin of some things. Without further Ado. Let's begin, shall we?

Thoughts on the sides:
All Major sides of the conflict were bad. Why would you ask? Let me explain a bit.
Nazis started the war yes. (Not to mention brought Holocaust into EU but on that in a second.) However, the result of the Third Reich being created in the first place was because of misunderstandings and hard feelings after the war. A lot of this could have been prevented if the Treaty set by the allied forces was different. The lack of communication between the sides after the war also didn't fix anything. Drowning Germany in hard feelings after the war. It took one man to say stop to this nonsense and soon most of Germany followed. At the time Poland has been warning England that Germany is getting a large militarized force and that they should strike before it gets too powerful. England, as well as France, ignored the matter completely resulting from the Third Reich in starting the war with the march through Poland. (Why Poland was targeted in the first place instead of Allied forces country? Well, that is because Adolf was afraid that if they would make a rush for France. They would leave their back completely open to attacks from Poland. So in order to not give Poland a reason to strike them first they would do it themselves. Polish military was under equipped to even try and attack Germany. That's why Poland asked for assistance on the matter. )

Communists(Russians.) weren't as good as people draw them to. During their march through Poland, their army has robbed, raped and even killed innocent civilians. (Killed only the ones which tried to resist one of the two. Which keep in mind that polish people didn't have much as their country has been torn by the war.) (Also Russia signed a Treaty with Germany that half of the Poland would be theirs. Which Adolf broke later on with blitzkrieg tactics going straight for Russian land. This still doesn't change the fact that they agreed upon splitting Poland into two for their own gain.) Let's not mention created by Joseph Stalin order No.227 which lead to counter attack of the Blitzkrieg tactics at the cost of human life. Which mattered very little. Resulting in insensitive approach towards their own citizens that were elected to be soldiers. Also, let's not forget about the worst War crime possible on people on Poland. On 5 March 1940. In Katyn's Woods, about 21 700 people have been executed by the ZSRR. 10 thousand of them were officers of Military and Police. The rest were reserve draftees. A lot of them were normal citizens but in the end, they have been called "The Enemy of ZSRR." There were a lot of more cases of this. On 27th January. In the small town of "Przyszowice", 69 people have been killed. Age varying from 10 to 78 years, Including the French and Hungarian citizens that escaped "KL Auschwitz". All of this happened because The Red army thought it was already on German land and the command didn't care how the citizens under enemy rule were treated by their own army.
There were a lot more incidents in history revolving around this during the Communist rule in Poland after the war. Like for example the times of Martial law initiated by the Politicians which were influenced by Russia. Of which were cases of Miners being executed for creating a demonstration to fight for better pay rights. But enough about Communism for now.

Let's back track on the topic of Germany again. During their holocaust program in Poland. Not only Jews went to Concentration camps. Polish citizens that weren't killed on the spot for any sort of resistance was send to those. Where they wouldn't get any diffrent treatment from any normal Jews.
There was also an order set secretly by Chief of Gestapo Heinrich Müller. On the march of 1944. Which revolved around Catching the escapees from any concentration camp and send them back to Mauthausen-Gusen to have then Executed. Which was against the Geneva Conventions. This is only the tip of the mountain.

Finally on the topic of Allied forces. The only response to the War was only made when England had their pants on fire due to the German aircraft attacks. Resulting in the Battle of Brittan. Which could have been prevented if the allied forces would have responded to the matter immediately instead of ignoring it till the last second. Not to mention constant covering up of Poland's achievements in the attempt to discredit their efforts in the war. Which was pretty big considering that some of the best pilots that have defended Brittan during the battle of Britain were in fact polish. Not to mention that after the war Poland has been just handed out to Russia (ZSRR at the time) leading it to have a period of time on communist rule. They fucked up the least in my opinion. Although the fact that Churchill made good attempts to Discredit polish effort in the war and the fact that nobody cared what happends to poland after the war was really cold coming from the side poland tried to help the most while they couldn't help themselfs.

That's all i got to say right now. If you have anything to add, Ask or theorise about. Post down below.
(Refrence links that aren't in polish. Mauthausen-Gusen concentration camp - Wikipedia Heinrich Müller (Gestapo) - Wikipedia )

Last edited:
Here, I'll criticize America.
1. Stayed out of the war. Recovering from the depression, sure, but our refusal to enter was very much based on "muh feelins" as opposed to a political reason.
2. Ignored Pearl Harbor signs until it hit. Mostly had to do with specifically those in charge of Hawaii, but still. The signs were obvious.
3. Elephant in the room: Two nuclear strikes.
This is a very defensible act; the alternative being the loss of millions of American lives and millions more Japanese, given that all their citizens were devoutly loyal to their emperor, who had demanded bushido (fight until you die). Therefore, most citizens would be entirely willing to kill themselves in banzai charges, which would lead to far worse death than the nuclear bombs. Aside from the number of resources used in each, the rapidity of the end of the war, and more.
And before you say we could have done something else, there were plans to drop bombs full of paint on Mount Fuji to deal a psychological blow to them when they saw their mountain turned black, and they had tested a "bat bomb," which had bomb with hundreds of bats that would wake up after the bomb dropped and fly around the city it was dropped in. Since they'd be dropped during the day, the bats would hide in the nooks and crannies of houses, most of which were made of wood. 15 minutes after drop, the incendiary devices attached to the bats would activate, burning the bat, and the house, to the ground, and basically burning down the city. These were real plans that could have replaced the nuke. Wee problem; It was predicted that Mount Fuji would make them more resilient and the bats burnt down an Air Force base during testing.

Yes, a lot of Russian soldiers were bad and I agree with most of your points but you forgot to mention the bad shit the Japanese did.

The Japanese literally did mass rapings and atrocities and no one in their country questioned it, to them it was normal.

Yes, a lot of Russian soldiers were bad and I agree with most of your points but you forgot to mention the bad shit the Japanese did.

The Japanese literally did mass rapings and atrocities and no one in their country questioned it, to them it was normal.
Rape of Nanking.
Death March to Bataan.
POW camp atrocities.
Cannibalism.

If this doesn't get locked, I'm totally interested in this thread. So interested that I can't contain my interest by simply choosing not to post until I can properly break down the op. :)

South America were Nazi sympathizers which kind of pisses me off.

I mean I don't hate south Americans or Ukrainians but honestly how the fuck could they want to ally with people that fucking think them as inferior.
I can understand a bit why the things went the way they did for the nazis but compared to commies. Well let's say it was even more bad.

As a polish citizen from nazis for sure you could expect one thing and that was a fight. From commies it was a lottery. It was either march of "Saviour army", "Today is your execution army", "Today we will rob you of anything you still haven't lost army." and "We will just pass by you army without touching you at all"

I can understand a bit why the things went the way they did for the nazis but compared to commies. Well let's say it was even more bad.

As a polish citizen from nazis for sure you could expect one thing and that was a fight. From commies it was a lottery. It was either march of "Saviour army", "Today is your execution army", "Today we will rob you of anything you still haven't lost army." and "We will just pass by you army without touching you at all"
The Japanese did more then the soviets ever could.

I also still Blame France for Causing Hitler.

They forced a country to be a democracy, exiled a good leader and caused their economy to crash.

France technically caused it

The soviets who had people who were against it.

If the Japs did the same thing none of their people would think it's wrong.

I still think the Japanese are worse then the soviets in terms of war crimes.
Japanese valued their honor too much. That's why it was all for the sake of it. Nothing can be wrong if you try to keep your pride high.

Japanese valued their honor too much. That's why it was all for the sake of it. Nothing can be wrong if you try to keep your pride high.
That doesn't justify it.

Rape isn't something you should consider 'honorable'

It's a terrible act people should die for.

Killing children isn't 'honorable'

The soviets aren't good but like I said atleast the soviets had resistance, the Japanese didn't, they had a barbaric culture.

That doesn't justify it.

Rape isn't something you should consider 'honorable'

It's a terrible act people should die for.

Killing children isn't 'honorable'

The soviets aren't good but like I said atleast the soviets had resistance, the Japanese didn't, they had a barbaric culture.
Albeit I understand what you mean, we can't just put aside the fact that Japanese did have resistance namely the Chinese Alliance, especially Commies carried out a guerrilla war of attrition in the mountainous regions. Calling one culture barbaric is ignorant, every civilization does take part in similar crimes against humanity.

Albeit I understand what you mean, we can't just put aside the fact that Japanese did have resistance namely the Chinese Alliance, especially Commies carried out a guerrilla war of attrition in the mountainous regions. Calling one culture barbaric is ignorant, every civilization does take part in similar crimes against humanity.
None of their own people resisted, Germany and Russia had people who resisted who were their own people.

And I can as I have evidence to prove their culture is barbaric. So calling me Arrogant is wrong. They had a medieval culture in the 1940's. That is still barbaric.

To be honest I don't hate the Japanese but I sometimes wish we had given the Japanese Island to the British to colonize and I wish we beheaded their fucking emperor.

We literally let that man live, and yeah I get it wasn't him that techinally ordered all that bad shit but he still let it happen.

None of their own people resisted, Germany and Russia had people who resisted who were their own people.
Just gonna point this out
Smooth transition of culture vs. rapid transition of culture.
The Japanese had been isolated for thousands of years, and during that time, they had all been nigh indoctrinated into their beliefs. Of course there was no resistance.
The Soviets had risen to power in the 1920's, so they had had 20 years to cope. Aside from the fact the majority of their citizens didn't resist, they didn't know the bad things that were going on for the most part, and they didn't need to deal with any serious government crackdowns, oppressions, recruitments, etc. until the war with Germany.
The Germans were even more rapid; rising in the early-mid 1930's, and by 1938, having begun to openly and violently engage in activities that most people were resistant towards.
Not excusing what they did, but you also have to look at how quickly they transitioned back.
Maybe 1970's for Japan
50's-60s for West Germany, 90's for East Germany.
Never have yet for the most part for Russians.

Just gonna point this out
Smooth transition of culture vs. rapid transition of culture.
The Japanese had been isolated for thousands of years, and during that time, they had all been nigh indoctrinated into their beliefs. Of course there was no resistance.
The Soviets had risen to power in the 1920's, so they had had 20 years to cope. Aside from the fact the majority of their citizens didn't resist, they didn't know the bad things that were going on for the most part, and they didn't need to deal with any serious government crackdowns, oppressions, recruitments, etc. until the war with Germany.
The Germans were even more rapid; rising in the early-mid 1930's, and by 1938, having begun to openly and violently engage in activities that most people were resistant towards.
Not excusing what they did, but you also have to look at how quickly they transitioned back.
Maybe 1970's for Japan
50's-60s for West Germany, 90's for East Germany.
Never have yet for the most part for Russians.
Russia has become more civil...In most parts.

But still I hate the Axis, sure the allies had the soviets but we had more good countries then bad.

The only country I can think of that I respect that was in the axis was Italy and that was because Mussolini wasn't a anti-semite or a racist like Hitler was, the only reason he joined the axis was because of mistreatment of Italians in different countries, so Italy's really the only axis power I am ok with.

Last edited:
#RememberThailand
Sorry for being rude but I'm just saying, after their people thought the immoral things they did were ok and Japan wanting to deal with their own war criminals (Which they would've let them live let's be honest here we're talking about people who allowed Rape and Murder to be a ok thing.) I don't think I can ever bring myself to support them having a military.

I think Japan should never be able to arm it's self, ever. Is that Harsh? Maybe, but Karma is a bitch.

Except the people who would normally be asking for the karma to happen are highly in support, for the most part, of karma not happening.
I think that probably pretty much cancels the karma out.

*backs away faster*

Except the people who would normally be asking for the karma to happen are highly in support, for the most part, of karma not happening.
I think that probably pretty much cancels the karma out.

*backs away faster*
I mean I don't know.

I just don't trust them with a army.

Love Japanese people but I just don't trust them or their government with a military.

It's for more extensive defense only
It's to keep South Korea covered, to keep themselves from being hit, and to be a level 2 barrier against any strike against the U.S.
They haven't intervened militarily in any international conflict since 1945.

*begins to sprint*

Users who are viewing this thread

Back