• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern Historical royalty or WW2 spies 👀

Slothgirl20

Gimme angst, gimme drama
Roleplay Type(s)
Hey everyone, long time no see.

To be more specific, I’m in the mood for a romance/ultra dramatic royalty plot set in the Victorian era. I’m not looking for historical accuracy, but if you’d like to add real figures from the era, be my guest!

I have only one spot left.

VERY IMPORTANT: If you’re interested, I’m a uni student so my replies will not be very frequent due to exams and homework. There is a higher chance I’ll have time Friday- Monday and might reply throughout the week if I have to wait for a ride back home and all that. If you’re looking for frequent replies, you won’t find it here with me (for the time being, I’m finishing the semester in December!)

If you have a plot of your own, please let me know. The plots down below are suggestions and can be used as a base.

Before I get into the possible plot lines, I want to get into a few rules:

- if you’re interested, please send over a writing sample! I’m willing to provide one as well in case you’d like to also get an idea of my writing style.

- Be 20+

- Third person, past tense, detailed. No one liners

- Double up required! I personally prefer M x F pairings for my side, but if you want an MXM or FxF pairing, we can do that as well! I don’t mind playing multiple characters.

Now onto PLOTS!!!

They’re quite basic, but with a bit of brainstorming and with characters set, it’ll take form.

VICTORIAN ERA

Plot 1: Friends to lovers

Muse A is set to inherit the throne after the sudden death of their father. As important details are getting set, there is one last thing they’re advised to look into: a suitor/suitress. Hesitant to find love in a moment like this, they set out to find a possible lover with the help of their best friend. They don’t find themselves lucky in this search…until an old friend comes back into their life (muse B)

*We can have that plot, or the best friend that accompanies the royal be the friend they fall in love with. To add to the drama, maybe the royal is so focused on getting married (due to pressure) that they unknowingly end up with someone who tries to get in between their friendship.

There could also be some tension between the bff and the royal, something like one abandoned the other due to family pressure.

Plot 2: Enemies to lovers (cliché but the best trope)

Could follow the premise of a royal looking for a suitor/suitress, but in some sort of like event set up by their family to find the perfect one (I’d say more like a game? I’m not sure haha) . Amongst the possible lovers, there could be this one contestant (muse b) who the royal clashes with. Maybe muse B tries to rig this game or event in order to favor them since they have an ulterior motive to be there.

WW2

Plot A: A group of friends have to set their tension aside in order to complete a mission set by the SOE. However, problems arise when their attempts keep getting sabotaged. Due to the secret nature of their mission, the only way their next move could've been anticipated would be if there was someone from the inside…

》 Here, there could be some previous, unresolved tension from before they fell out of contact. If you want, we can have one or two people from the group who had fallen out of contact due to serving in the front lines or merely decided to fake their death due to safety concerns.

Plot B: Two inseparable friends find themselves putting their lives and studies on hold as they make the difficult decision to put their lives on the line for the sake of winning the war.

》 To explain this one a little bit more, it'll be similar to the first plot. However, I think it would be fun if these two friends got unknowingly involved with agents. Or maybe one is an agent and the other is a soldier/nurse/ whatever you'd like who accidentally involved one of the friends into their chaotic life, forcing them

PLOTS: COLD WAR ESPIONAGE RINGS

Plot A: While the Atomic Spies get closer to their findings on how to make the best nuclear weapon, a race against time unfolds as the Cambridge 5 ring attempts to steal these valuable secrets. However, what they both don’t know is that both of their operations have been infiltrated by the other…and it's only a matter of time before they get caught.

》For context, the Cambridge 5 are a group of ex Cambridge University students who have been recruited to bring information on nuclear weapons to the Soviets. The names of these men are unknown.

》The Atomic Spies were not a set group. But these were men who were involved in bringing information to the US government.

Those are the plots I came up with. We can mix concepts and all that if you wish. Take them as suggestions. I’d also love to hear your ideas! Don’t hesitate to send them over.

Anyway, that’s all!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back