• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern Historical Roleplay (Literate) Updated!

Lia

Bring on the poison and the dagger.
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
My Interest Check
Hello! My name is Lia, I am 22 years old. I wanted some new RP partners, so I decided to update this interest check I posted a few months ago. I am looking for MxF, FxF and MxM pairings in historical settings. I have both romantic and platonic plots.

First of all, there are a few things I would like to say:
  • If you ever lose interest in our roleplay, let me know. I won‘t be mad if you don’t want to roleplay anymore, but I will be mad if I have to wait forever for a reply that will never come.
  • Shoot me a PM! I‘m more comfortable talking and roleplaying that way.
  • I’m open to roleplay as male or female characters, depending on the plot. As I said before, I’m interested in all kinds of pairings. In the plots below, you will find that I want to play as a female in some of them, and I want to play as a male in some others. There's also plots in which I would be willing to play either.
  • Please be literate. My posts usually range between 3 and 10 paragraphs, and it would be really amazing if you could give me at least a couple of paragraphs to work with too.
  • I speak fluent English, but I‘m not a native speaker, so please be patient with eventual minor grammar mistakes. I don‘t really think it will be an issue, though, because I‘m very strict with my own writing.
  • Let’s be friends! Feel free to talk to me. I love OOC chats and I miss having friends who like writing and roleplaying.
  • I try to get a post up at least every other day, but it may take me a bit longer, because I'm a college student and my health is not great. Now, I know life happens, but if you have to spend a few days away and you can‘t reply, let me know.
  • I don’t have any triggers at all, and I like mature themes. I’m fine with death, suicide, murder, drugs, alcohol, any kind of medical conditions and strong language. If you do have triggers, though, let me know before we start. RPs are supposed to be fun, not traumatic.
  • Please be over 18.
Now for the fun part! I will list some plots that I‘d like to try, but feel free to suggest your own ideas too. Then again, the plots are just general ideas, so we can improve it together.

• *NEW* Plot (1): 1600s, Renaissance, platonic, family. (Strictly MxF. I play male.)
"This above all: to thine own self be true."
William Shakespeare.

During the Renaissance, two siblings grew up sharing the same love for theater and drama. The boy dreamed of becoming an actor and the girl dreamed of writing plays. As adults, the boy manages to become a famous actor, but no one takes his sister's plays seriously even though she's talented, just because she is a woman. So she has the idea of asking her brother to pretend he's the writer of her plays, taking advantage of the fact that he's already famous and that he is a man. He agrees, of course; what would he not do for his beloved sister? The plays soon become a hit, but the siblings' relationship begins to go downhill as they become more and more stuck in the trappings of fame and the lies they're telling the rest of the world.
(My preferred role is the brother.)

• Plot (2): 1810s, royalty, found family, platonic. (FxF or MxF. I play female.)
"Everyone sees what you appear to be, few experience what you really are."
Niccolò Machiavelli.

While Europe is being devastated by the Napoleonic wars, another empire intends to expand and take over the continent. Under the orders of their tyrannical Emperor, they begin to conquer the small countries around them, bringing war and invariably executing the rulers who were previously in the power. Everything was going well, until the execution of the royal family from a small kingdom that they had recently conquered. Although the king and queen were killed, their eight-year-old child is spared in an unexpected display of mercy. Even more unexpected, however, is that the Emperor (or his wife) becomes attached to that poor orphaned child and becomes a parental figure for them.
(No preferred role.)

• *NEW* Plot (3): 1880s, vampires, dark romance. (Strictly MxF. I play female.)
"There will be pain for us all, but it will not be all pain, nor will this pain be the last."
Bram Stoker.

It's the Victorian era. A young couple is deeply in love and they plan to get married soon. The man is a very competent vampire hunter and the woman tries not to get involved in his business because she is afraid of those terrible nocturnal creatures. But then comes the night when the woman is brutally attacked by a vampire who seeks revenge on her fiancé, who has killed some members of his clan. She loses a lot of blood, but survives and is taken to a hospital, where she spends days wasting away in a bed with her fiancé by her side. In the end, she dies, but that's not the end of the story. The night after her funeral, she awakens as a vampire and her fiancé doesn't know what to do. How could he hunt her? And, above all, is there still humanity within her?
(Plot based on the book "Dracula". My preferred role is the woman.)

• Plot (4): 1900s, mysticism, romance. (FxF or MxF. I play female.)
"I'm no prophet. My job is making windows where there were once walls."
Michel Foucault.

Life seemed perfect for a young aristocrat. Balls, trips, fancy clothes, maybe a wedding prospect for the future, all of that was normal. Therefore, she is terrified when she starts to feel sick, goes see a doctor and is diagnosed with an insidious condition that will likely cause her to languish until an inevitable death. Doctors are consulted, but there is not much hope. That is, until the aristocrat learns about a person with mystical powers who supposedly has the power to cure any disease. Of course, she is hesitant at first, but what is there to lose?
(My preferred role is the aristocrat.)

• *NEW* Plot (5): 1910s, World War I, romance or platonic. (MxM or MxF. I play male. Really craving this one.)
"You can choose to be free, but it's the last decision you'll ever make."
Franz Kafka.

The assassination of Archduke Franz Ferdinand by the Serbian nationalist group Black Hand culminated in the beginning of the Great War. In this alternate version of events, another revolutionary group from another country is also planning the murder of an important royal. Most of the members of this group are idealistic young people and have nothing to lose, so they plan to commit suicide after their mission is completed. Some of them are already suffering from tuberculosis and are going to die soon anyway. They plan the assassination for weeks. And, during all the preparation, two members of that group, who didn't like each other at the beginning, are forced to start spending time together. They end up falling in love (if romantic) or becoming best friends (if platonic.)

• Plot (6): 1910s, Russian Revolution, romance. (Strictly MxF. I can play either male or female.)
"There is a specter haunting Europe, the specter of Communism."
Karl Marx.

With the outbreak of the Great War, Russia is angry. The country is poor, the Tsar is a despot, people are beginning to talk about revolution. But in St. Petersburg, a young couple remains oblivious to political tension. They are in love and intend to get married soon, just two people full of plans for a simple and happy future. All of this changes when the man is called to fight in the war. He leaves, there is no mail and his fiancee starts to believe that he passed away. Mad at the Tsar and the war, she joins the Bolshevik cause. So it is a terrible surprise for her when, just after the revolution, she finds out that her fiancé is still alive and that he is fighting for the White Army.
(No preferred role.)

Other ideas: I love roleplays about psychopaths and serial killers. I would be very interested in one! I don't have a plot, but it could be either historical or modern. Also, another subject I love is punk bands from the 1970s. So I would also love a roleplay about it! I'm open to discuss these ideas and come up with something with a potential partner.

I hope something in here caught your eye! Hope to hear from you soon!

Last edited:
You have such good plots, but it's not like we need a second RP lol.

I'm having lots of free time lately, so I'm once again looking for new partners! I just updated this interest check, if anyone happens to be interested.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back