• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

sappho_

Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
hi there! i'm new to this site but not at all new to roleplaying! i have a lot of muse for these historical plots that i wrote and i'm looking for some mature, semi-lit to lit writers to do these 1x1s with me! i am also looking for fandom 1x1s but that is on a different thread

- i am an adult, and i prefer to only write with people who are also 18+ or at least mature writers
- i live in florida, so eastern standard time
- i am a college student so i can get very busy and disappear for a little bit but i will always come back!
- i only write in third person
- i will only write with advanced partners and i prefer to write at least 500 words per post (though this will vary depending on my muse)
- absolutely no one-liners, i will simply not respond
- if you don't make an effort to contribute to the plot, we won't work out as partners, sorry :(
- please don't be intimidated by the historical nature of these plots, i dont expect complete historical accuracy
- i write ooc in all lowercase, in character will always be properly capitalized!

please note, these are some plots i have come up with but i am happy to hear your plots as well. have something historically based that you're itching to write? please feel free to dm me with any of your plots! uwu

i. 1530-60 common era, mostly realistic, i prefer to play character b in this. this can be mxf or fxf.
- character a is the child of a spanish conquistador with a passion for exploration. they had been told their whole life that their father, who died shortly after fighting against the aztecs, was a hero. they have become arrogant, set in their ways, and more and more like their father every day. they are now the head of their household, running their family's hacienda. character b is the daughter of an aztec noble who was killed by the spanish. after the death of her father, she was captured and paraded around like a trophy. she eventually became the servant of character a's father as a reward for his help in taking down the aztecs. even after the horrible treatment she's experienced, character b has not lost her spirit and actively works to make life harder for her master. now that their father died, character b works for character a, who promises to break the fiery temper of the aztec princess.

ii. 1300-1100 before common era, partially realistic, i prefer to play character b in this, this can be mxf or fxf. (still looking for a partner for this)
- the child of the pharoah hates being stuck in their palace. they love to explore the city, dressing up as a peasant so that no one realizes who they are. while sneaking out one day, they befriend the daughter of a baker (character b). one day, character b's father is exposed by a man who was supposedly his friend for running a religious temple that goes against the pharaoh's beliefs. the pharoah imprisons character b and their family, planning to execute all of them because of their beliefs. character a is unsure of what to do. do they save character b and risk being found by their father, or watch them be executed?

iii. 1300-1400 common era, mostly realistic, i prefer to play character a, this can be mxf or fxf. (still looking for a partner for this)
- character a is constantly guarded by their parents who have caught them sneaking out before. they are the child of a daimyo and his wife. their parents decide to assign character b to the job of watching over them. character b is training to become a samurai by the samurai entrusted to protect and fight for character a's father. their father is a samurai as well, who is allied with the current shogun. character b begins doing their job loyally but with character a's constant nagging to leave the house, character b finally agrees to let them out, but only while they are watching over them. while the two characters are venturing into a nearby town they begin to smell smoke and look to see that character a's parent's house is beginning burning to the ground by samurai carrying the sigil of the current shogun. they flee into the woods, trying to figure out what to do next. character a has no idea if their parents are alive and character b knows their father had something to do with this.

**NEW** iv. 1850-1880 common era (middle to late victorian), mostly realistic, i prefer to play character a in this. this can be mxf or fxf. (still looking for a partner for this)
- character a, a young lady from a fairly well-off family, is fortunately matched to be married to character b, a wealthy duke who ranks higher than any of her own family. though publicly reputed to be charitable and of high moral character, character b is a boorish, cruel person behind closed doors. character b's sibling, character c, is sympathetic towards character a's undesirable union and, one dreary evening, they confide that this is not character b's first marriage. they've had to endure their sibling's awful behavior since they were young and they strongly suspect character b was responsible for the demise of their first betrothed, the young Lady Catherine Greene who died from mysterious circumstances. character a and character c bond over their shared disdain for character b and they ultimately conspire to put an end to character b's wickedness, whether that means publically exposing him or a less tasteful option...

Currently not looking for any new partners for this! v. 1940s common era (WWII), mostly realistic, i prefer to play character b in this. this can be mxf or fxf. (still looking for a partner for this)
- character a is a drafted american soldier who was wounded in one of their first battles, only to wake up in a town on the other side of the border after scavengers mistook them for one of their own. in order to survive they must begin a subterfuge, masquerading as a soldier from the other side, and somehow manage to fool muse b, the person who’s been caring for them since they were saved. When the town is invaded by their own side, they’re faced with a decision: protecting their saviors or rejoining their country.
Optional: character b found an I.D. on them initially and knew the entire time.

**NEW** vi. early 1700s common era, mostly realistic, based off of pirates of the caribbean, i prefer to play character a in this. this can be mxf or fxf. (still looking for a partner for this)
- character a is the child of a wealthy man living in a seaside town; they’ve always been afraid of the sea, yet oddly fascinated by it. when character a was a child, the ship they were sailing on was attacked by pirates and they were barely able to escape. although the lure of the sea has always been there, character a has since refused to ever board another ship. several years after their brush with pirates, in the dead of night, a suspicious ship sets anchor a little ways away from shore. pirates make landfall and begin to pillage and plunder the town. the militia stationed in the town are quick to react and a fierce battle breaks out. with the perfect distraction created, the captain of the ship, character b, heads for the most opulent-looking manor.

character b breaks in to character a’s home and begins to raid character a’s late mother’s jewelry. in an attempt to stop character b, character a steals one of their father’s swords and holds the pirate at sword point. since character a has never had any kind of training, they are easily overpowered by character b. upon taking a closer look at character a, character b decides that they are worth far more than any bejeweled trinkets. so character b offers a proposition; in exchange for ending the bloodshed and leaving port, character a must come aboard character b's ship as a captive. character a is terrified, but they are kind-hearted and wish to protect their town, so they reluctantly agree. so now character a must face their fears and leave their life behind. how will they fare and what will their relationship be like with character b?

**NEW** vii. 800s common era, mostly realistic, i prefer to play character a in this. works best as mxf. (still looking for a partner for this)
- character a is the daughter of the king and queen of merica, though she has never actually lived in her kingdom. she was born at a time of war; both between the anglo-saxon kingdoms of england and between the anglo-saxons and the norse invaders. nearly twenty years ago, the norse took over mercia with ease, and the royal family was forced to flee from their home. they found refuge in the kingdom of wessex after agreeing to wed character a to the prince of wessex when the time came. character a has spent her entire life in the court of wessex, behind stone walls, and never allowed out of her mother's sight. she is constantly tormented by her future husband who is a cruel and foolish man. character a's father and his supporters continually travel back to merica to fight against the heathens. one of these battles, however, would lead to the capture of both the king and his only son at the hands of character b, a famed and feared viking warrior. character b grew up wanting to be just like their father, a legendary viking leader known as one of the greatest warriors there ever was. now they have the chance to be known as the one who has taken merica for the danes, once and for all. character b now comes to wessex with his army and the captured king, promising not to kill the king or prince as long as character a agrees to marry him. he believes marrying the princess of mercia will give him more legitimacy in the eyes of the mercians, allowing him to instill himself on the throne of mercia. disgusted by her future betrothed, and wanting to save her father and brother, character a agrees to this proposal. however, character b may not stay true to all of his promises, knowing that as long as the king and prince live, he will have competition for the throne.

more plots to be added!

The excitement in the town was all too much for Nenetl to handle. After being locked in a cage for two weeks, she hadn't expected to be suddenly thrust into the midst of a horde of people who she knew nothing about. She was tossed from person to person, never knowing exactly who she should trust. Everything moved so fast that she was barely processing what was happening.

She was finally brought back to the scene happening all around her when she was pulled against the chest of another woman. It was a protective hold, one she didn't feel like she needed to fight herself out of. Right now, she was more worried about wanting to be as far from Ewan Mulligan as she could be. Of course, he was not done with toying and that ended with her thrown on the floor once again. Though, this time, she was placed defensively behind the woman.

Thank god, the captain and his crew were soon running off to the nearby pub and, surely, to the brothels as well. Nenetl did the best she could to not trip over her own unsteady feet when she was dragged out of the building too. She was a bit surprised when Jacqueline spoke to her and even more shocked when her chains were removed. She knew she could make a run for it now but, realistically, she had no real chance to escape. The other woman was much taller than her and obviously stronger as she had been eating well. So, for now, she simply walked ahead of her and answered her questions. "The white man craves what he cannot tame," she responded with a grin. "I am Nenetl."

The plantation they arrive at was nothing new to Nenetl. A mansion with busy grounds full of slaves who were rushing from place to place, trying to get their work done. She was intrigued that none of the slaves wore chains and most had no visible brands. If they did, they looked old and faded.

The woman, who Jacqueline called Auntie, reminded her of older slaves she had met during her journey from plantation to plantation. Stern, but wise and with a heart of gold. She answered all of her questions the best she could and then she was shuffled off to a room with a tub of water.

Nenetl quickly caught the handle of the knife and nodded, realizing that these two women were not here to hurt her. She had never been one that was shy and, after her many times of being stripped and inspected, any care she had before for her modesty was gone. She turned around the blade and sliced through the fabric that clung to her, which was full of holes and rips anyways.

As it all fluttered to the ground at her feet, Nenetl's eyes cut over to Jacqueline. "I was from a great empire," she began. "Now I am from nowhere." Her body was covered in scars and at least four brands on different parts of her body. A particular long scar stretched from her upper left shoulder to the right side of her hip.

"Those are some nasty scars, girl," Auntie whistled through her teeth. "Don't worry, we won't let nothin' like that happen to you here. I'll make sure you get fattened up too, mhm."

"Thank you."

Nenetl slipped her way into the cold water, which chilled her to the bone but also felt nice against her hot, sweaty skin. She didn't know the last time she had actually bathed herself. Slaves didn't often get afforded that privilege, especially when most of their European captors could care less about hygiene themselves. She was careful to scrub the oil and dirt off of her skin as Jacqueline attempted to start the fire to warm the water up.

She hadn't realized until now just how thin she had gotten, her breastbone and ribs were clearly visible on her chest and her spin jutted from her back. She had said her last meal was a year ago but it could have been even longer. Nenetl had once been overfed, never going a moment without her stomach being full, and now she was starved to skin and bones. It was a twist of fate and sometimes she wondered if she had deserved it for living so lavishly at one time.

"Jack, look at the rat's nest," Auntie hooted and chuckled as she gestured to Nenetl's hair. She heard some shuffling behind her and soon the older woman came back with a brush in hand. "Now you better hold still and let me take care of this," she told her sternly like she was lecturing a child. Auntie Chedeline spent a good thirty minutes tugging at the tangles and Nenetl honestly didn't even know how she was able to get her unruly hair back to being straight. It caused a good amount of wincing but in the end, she was thankful. "There you go, honey."

"Thank you," she said again as nimble fingers began to weave her hair into two long side braids. "It's no problem at all, child. Now let's get you dressed." Nenetl took the towel that was handed to her and quickly dried the water off her skin. She didn't notice Jacqueline had left the room until she returned, holding a plain white quadrille dress in her hands.

"Here, get yourself dressed, and then we'll get you something to eat."

The dress wasn't anything like she was used to wearing but she had seen many women wearing similar dresses in the town and on the plantation. Though, the free women had colorfully dyed fabrics, unlike the plain white one she had been given. Nenetl didn't really care what she was wearing as long as she got a hot meal for the first time in a year.

i will delete comments on this post either once we start plotting privately or after a week, to keep the thread clean (✿◠‿◠)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back