• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Multiple Settings Historical & Low-Fantasy RP?

ShakinMcBacon

ばかです
I'm looking for someone who's interested in a historical or low-fantasy RP, as the title would suggest.

I don't expect much of my partners, but here's a few things to keep in mind:

1: Be literate. The occasional typo and spelling mistake is fine (goodness knows I do it), but keep your writing nice to read.

2: Take an equal part in developing and carrying the plot as we go. Sure, sometimes you might not be feeling creative, but I absolutely hate it when someone gives a completely noncommittal response. This is a story we're both writing, and it's no fun when it's only one person doing the work.

3: Sort of a vice versa of the previous point. When making a post, I try my best to give the other person something to go off of (unless the characters are each doing their own thing). Please try to do the same, I've dropped a few RPs simply because the other person gave me absolutely nothing to respond to, even when our characters were in an interaction. Again, this is a team effort.

4: Last one I promise. Whenever you have a question or idea, don't be shy to share it with me in our OOC chat. I love to collaborate on building worlds, plots, characters, etc.

Note: I prefer playing males primarily, but am willing to challenge myself and write a female character, as its something I've arbitrarily avoided.

Alright, now to the plots.

In the cold north there lies a being. It is ever present, it is in the frenzied blizzards and chill winds, in the shifting snow banks and the cracking of ice upon rivers. Now it has turned its all-knowing gaze to the lives of men and mer, manifesting itself into the "Unbeing", the men and women consumed by the force. Trappers, servants, soldiers, butchers, all will wake suddenly in the night and disappear. Now they are the subject of folklore; figures that come to snatch away children and burn down grain barns. Our characters can either be skeptical foreigners or disgruntled locals, but either way, the Unbeing must be understood and ended.

An expedition gone wrong, the prospect of riches and success fading away with the sinking wreck. When Seltin Margen asked for volunteers for an overseas expedition of treasure seeking, volunteers weren't hard to find. Now Mr. Margen lies beneath the waves, along with his hopes and dreams. The survivors now crawl up the sandy beach of a strange ally, leaving their small and beaten craft like drunks. Will they meet treasure or death?

in the sprawling city of Goldmire, a distrubing discovery has been made. A series of catacombs, built by the ancients and seemingly endless, lie beneath the city, unknown to the world above until now. Scholars, thieves, and treasure-hunters alike now delve into the dark depths, seeking knowledge and treasure alike. What dark horrors await them? How does one explain the recent rise of a cult that worships the "ones below"?

Two apprentice mages awake to find their master missing, the library and study ransacked, and nothing to guide them but a note that reads "Do not follow". The apprentices will face a journey of hardship and mystery, as they unravel the secrets of their master's role in the intricacies of politics and magic.

Countless monsters, beasts, and creatures of an abominable nature lurk in the vast wilds of this land, and thus the baron seeks the services of monster hunters, witch hunters, bounty hunters, and other such folk of a martial attitude. Earn coin per job as well as per head! Inquire to your local bailiff for contracts, or seek notice boards.

Don't be shy to offer your own plots, or adapt one of mine.

PM me if you're interested.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back