• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Colby's response worries her slightly that she had done something wrong in the steps of a relationship, since she had never had one prior to this experience. She knew that humans' mating rituals and behaviors were different from dragons, along with other creatures, as that was normal...but how much difference was there? "Is it too soon for us to share a bed together?", she asked with concern and became more with the feeling as he says Bud would be sleeping with them as well, "Oh...do you need time to have Bud understand that we are together now?"

Colby Brook

"No. No, it's not too soon, it's just-" he pauses and rubs the back of his neck with his free hand, "-I haven't slept with anyone before, is all."

His blue eyes look down at her hand in silence before speaking to reply to her other question, "well, yes. Bud may not understand at first, but he's not stupid. He'll understand eventually."​

"Oh.", she blushes in response to this revelation and is a little relieved to know that she wasn't the only 'first timer' between them. Her hand gently squeezes his own before she raises the other to rub the back of her own neck and the tail curls around to him a bit. Her head nods as he explains that Bud would, in due time, come to understand that the two were more than simple room-mates and would respect that fact as well.

Colby Brook

"Yeah..." he murmurs and licks about his lips tentatively. By her squeezing his hand, he had the instinct to squeeze hers in return. He was speechless at the moment and didn't really have too much to say now. He was still surprised and awestruck by everything. Colby looks down at her tail and looks away to one side, soft pink pigment forming on his cheeks. "So... what now?"​

As Colby asks to what they should do at this point, she shrugs her shoulders before answering, "I've never had a relationship before...", she pauses before looking at him, "...I'm guessing that neither have you, so...I guess we take things one day at a time?" The air was beginning to get colder and the apron wasn't hiding much from view, they couldn't stay outside all night. "Maybe, we should go inside and try to find something to watch for the night?"

Colby Brook

"Surprisingly I haven't had a relationship," he says with a sheepish chuckle. Colby's blue eyes look at her but struggle to keep his gaze there. "That's fine by me," he agrees. Colby could tell that it was beginning to get colder and nods slowly. "Sure," he spoke softly. "Come on," he says, leading her back inside gently.​

As Colby openly admits to not having had a relationship before now, she isn't surprised as he lacked the confidence of having had a girlfriend or potential mate before her. She doesn't notice his struggle to keep his eyes with her own and yet, she notes that his pheromones indicate he is willing but nervous to continue with their budding relationship.

When he agrees to go inside as it is getting colder, she decides that at some point she is going to need more clothes and maybe then they could go out past the yard or pool. Not right away of course, but in time...she definitely wanted to see the rest of the world with him and maybe...maybe share more than a handhold. As he starts leading her back inside of the condo, she continues to smile widely with her long tail swaying from side to side, "Any thoughts on what might be on television?"

Colby Brook

Colby smiles at her with a glance, "hmm... maybe a movie or so." Colby slides open the door and sits himself down on the sofa, inviting her to sit beside him by patting beside him on the sofa. "Come," he says softly. He then motions for the remote and scans about for a movie.​

Sitting down with Colby and watching a movie seemed innocent enough for the start of their relationship, they'd just be sitting and enjoying each other's company. Her head nods in agreement to the proposol and she can't think of anything particular for the two of them to see, maybe something would catch their attention. It doesn't take her but a moment to take the invitation to sit next to him and holds his hand loosely for now, in case he needed it to operate the remote in the other hand for something. Or, in case he needed to get up for something and had to do it quickly...though this seemed unlikely as they had taken care of everything after dinner. Her attention turns to the television and looks through the movies with him, noting that there was a bunch of romance movies on for the evening, "Must be a love special on for movies tonight, is there some special holiday today?"

Colby Brook

Colby blinks after every switch of channels and then moves his head to her voice slightly. "I haven't really been keeping up with dates or holidays recently," he admits and lightly taps his heel on the floor. Colby blinks and clicks his tongue, setting down the remote on the armrest, leaving the TV on a romance movie since he was growing tired of looking.​

As Colby settles onto a movie for them to watch for a while or until one of them grew tired of it, she is content to just sit beside him. Her hand remaining atop of his own and just enjoying the gentle contact between them, allowing herself to smile in pleasure. When the movie begins at the opening scene of young kids playing games together, she can't help but to remember what it had been like for herself to have occasional playmates.

Colby Brook

Colby lightly blinks. He honestly felt as if this were all a dream and all he had to do was wake up. He was just surprised that she had liked him back. His blue eyes looked at the TV, but his head was in the clouds. Colby slightly glanced down at her hand and felt some blush creep onto his cheeks. He then finally looks at the TV and remembers Sam and how close they were at a young age.​

There was no reason to not like Colby in return, he'd been nothing but kind to her and had given her shelter when her mother was away. He had shown her that the world of humans was different than what she had expected from what her mother told her, now realizing it was a means of protection. She was young, yes, and had not experimented with relationships prior to meeting him but there was something about the young man that attracted her. Her focus turns to the movie and now it shows the young children as teenagers, becoming close as they stayed near to the other.

Colby Brook

Sam came into his mind again, the two had known each other for as long as he could remember. He knew nothing could separate them. Colby gently tightens his grip on her hand and slowly lifts her hand, planting a soft kiss on her hand. He then lowers it back down, his eyes on the TV now.​

Colby's gentle tightening of his grip on her hand is noticed and she looks up at him with an intrigued expression, wondering to what he was thinking. When her hand is lifted for him to kiss the back of it and then brings it back to where it had been, she smiles happily before leaning up to kiss his cheek. The moment felt right, well...everything that was happening now did...a feeling of happiness and 'relief' comes over her. "Colby?", she softly asks the beginning of a question before following through with her thoughts, "Do you think...do you think your parents will accept me?", wondering if meeting his family was possible if she could not manage a human visage or work a spell to do it.

Colby Brook

Colby smiled when she kissed his cheek and bashfully rubbed the back of his neck with his free hand. Colby then looks at her and listens as she asked him a question. "My parents..." he murmurs. He was silent for a long moment, he had that look in his eyes that he was trying to hold back tears. "M-my parents passed away..." he said at last. "But I know they probably would've..." he added after a moment.​

Her heart skips a beat, and she feels a pain of guilt in her chest, "Oh...I'm sorry.", she had been so busy in learning the world of humans that she had not asked about his parents until now. She leans against him and hugs with both arms with gladness that they would have been accepting, "I would have been happy to meet them, and they raised a great man.", a gentle squeeze is given to reassure him of this statement.

Colby Brook

The pain in his eyes was conspicuous now as he stared down at his hand. "It's okay," he says slowly. Colby slightly flinches in surprise at her hugging him, it took him a moment to react until his strong arms hugged her back, pulling her head against his chest. "I know. I would've liked them to meet you... but I know they're watching now," he says.​

She smiles up at him as he hugs in return, after having been caught off guard from her affection and it had momentarily made her wonder if she had moved too fast. The wonder is removed as he pulls her head to his chest and calmly says that he would have wanted her to meet them in return, though he is certain that their eyes were upon the two of them now. A little bit, she adjusts herself to turn her attention to the movie now and it showed the teenage friends growing up with their own lives, one becoming a loner of sorts to while the other socialized with aplenty of friends.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back