• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
Chapter 1
You are a member of the sellswords guild. A group of warriors for hire. Tasked to do dirty deeds, deadly quests and jobs out of kingdom jurisdiction. The guild branch you are operating out of is located in the kingdom of Dalmore

20200603_174355.jpg

Dalmore is decided into 5 districts that are separated by walls.

A: farming district also where the guild hall is located. This is outside the kingdom walls

B: schalor district where churches, magic schools and academics for the wealthy can be found

C: royal district where the castle and corporate offices are also homes of the wealthy

D: factory district where all importing and exporting is done and where products are made

E: residential district where small business and homes are located

You gather in the guild hall. A large wooden table fills the center of the room covered in plates of food and mugs of ale and wine. Animal heads and other trophies line the walls the guild master stands at the head of the table handing out assignments

Markus adjusts his hood to see the room better but did not remove it completely, it wasn't a secret that he is a Half-Elf but even so he made note to not brandish the fact so openly. Placing a mug of mead only missing a few sips on the wooden table he moves towards the guild master. Although his time in Dalmore hasn't exactly been brief, he still isn't all that well known neither and the brunt of his interactions here in the farming district haven't been the smoothest as his slightly pointed features seem to have drawn dirty looks and cold shoulders from a few of the hardworking folk. However, the atmosphere in the guild hall seemed different to what he had come to expect from Dalmore, quite a few of the people here are too focused on their mugs and assignments to even get a good look at Markus.

Despite his relatively short time with the guild Markus has strived to show that he is not a burden and what he is capable of. He locks gaze with the guild master as he crosses his arms over his chest. "I'm ready for some work..." He states firmly from beneath his hood.

c97bef9f69f33c1274beb33ee4b04a04.jpg
The guild master addressed the group "The north road is still closed to non essential travelers. That means traders only are using it right now. So long hauls for protection jobs to Rija. Pack accordingly. Once the road is open there will be a high number of goblin attacks so we will be busy in the upcoming months"

The guild masters gaze turned to markus as he approached him.
"I have a job for you brought in by Black Water Trading co. They have reported missing trade caravans on the north road. The 3rd one this week... let me be more specific just the people are missing. Nothing was stolen nor were any bodies or blood found. They are offering a 1500 gold reward for the safe return of the missing people. The black water office is in the royal district" (c)

Markus is surprised by what he hears and for a brief moment his face uncharacteristically wears that surprise, after all those caravans would be carrying some worthwhile goods. So why are only the people missing? "The reward is good, I'll get my ear to the ground right away on this one." Markus states with a farewell nod. As he turns to leave Markus grabs his mug and downs most of the contents before readjusting his hood and stepping out into the street.

Following the path from the farming district towards the walls the sounds of normal chatter and field labour mix together and slowly start to fade as he approaches Dalmore's eastern gate. Entering Dalmore his slightly pointed ears ring with busy sounds as the area. To his left faint shouts of trade along with the movements and motions of crafted wares echo aloud while church bells can be heard resonating somewhere off to his right. "The royal district aye?" Markus mutters to himself as he eyes the road stretched out before him leading deeper into Dalmore.

Tali%20elf%20blue%20clean.png
He draws back his hood and allows his hair to cover his pointed ears, feeling that he would stand out less amongst the busy movement and crowds. After all who knows what kind of over paid guard might get their guts up over a hooded sellsword wondering around the Royal District, especially if people have been going missing.

Making his way into the Black Water Trading Co. office Markus is impressed by how clean and well organised the place is, in the main hall he approaches a busy figure standing and rummaging through some papers. "I'm here to see what I can find out about the kidnappings on northern road. Can you take me to someone that has any information about the missing people, including how many guards were stationed on the caravans." He states as his eyes continue to wander at the surroundings.

"Right this way," the woman says putting down her papers on a nearby desk. She leads you upstairs and down a long hallway. "Guards don't protect caravans due to jurisdictional conflicts. Sometimes the caravans will hire people like you if they can afford it." She opens the door at the end of the hall revealing a large office. "Mr. Valintine the mercenary you hired is here to see you."

"Come in come in," he chuckles.
8651fbae331f26615069198c8def4e76.jpg
He reaches to shake your hand. His office is very ornate with a large wooden desk. Chairs with leather upholstery a small bar with whiskey in crystal bottles. Various maps line the walls and their is a globe in the corner. After introductions he gets right down to business. "Im glad you could make it I'm sure you know most of the detail I want the people returned unharmed. Their as been three attacks this past week. Yes this most recent caravan consisted of a human family. A man a woman and their son and daughter. the kids are in Their teens. Their carriage, just like the other two were found on the north road unmanned. The carriage is still there but the guards took the horses back to the stables already. The other two caravan consisted of two eleven sister in the one and a dwarven family as the other a man woman and son. All gone missing on the north road within the past week and without a trace."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back