• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Highland Academy OOC

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Yeah that's kinda what I was thinking as well.

Quick Editeroo: Aren't the uh, stats bit helpful limits for these things?
I mean yeah but there were discrepancies between the stats he gave us and in pm talk. but at the same time the character just didn't have any depth. I can't really go into depth cuz I don't think I have access to the pm anymore but yeah, quantifying his power wasn't the only problem.

How can there be discrepancies when this game has no benchmarks that explain what stats do tho
That part I can agree on, i should've saw to it that stats have an in depth explanation and everyone knew what every point entailed. I'm sorry it wasn't more clear. But his stats and power weren't the only problem. I can't tell you what they were since I can't access the Pm's anymore.

Can't you just ask to be added to the conversation again though it seems like an easy fix
It's fine we couldn't anyway we hit nine people before he was all good. Let's just relax and have fun rping in IC. I'll have the discord up tonight for ooc and all the fun stuff

I'd rather have fun with everyone than needlessly excluding someone though
EDIT: Also we only had eight didn't we since two were GMPCs

But how can you assist if you're being actively kept out of the loop dude
You gotta make your presence known or people are gonna walk all over you don't sell yourself short like that

But how can you assist if you're being actively kept out of the loop dude
You gotta make your presence known or people are gonna walk all over you don't sell yourself short like that
I've assisted literally almost everything but the character sheet and most of the IC intro post, I think I can leave it to eye for this one thing, I'm not selling myself short at all :) just letting eye do this one thing herself. I'm not being kept out of the loop there was just an error.

Right, I'm still here. In OOC I mean, IC I have done my thing with Snakelass. But with the most manly man he will have to wait another day.

Okay so I could go over a few things, but I see that you two have done a fairly stellar job in noting these bits. But what I didn't see addressed was.

That part I can agree on, i should've saw to it that stats have an in depth explanation and everyone knew what every point entailed. I'm sorry it wasn't more clear. But his stats and power weren't the only problem. I can't tell you what they were since I can't access the Pm's anymore.

Depth? Was depth a part of this? For a comedy thing? Huh. I mean, I'll be honest here, I'm pretty much just an bitch snake (on the main - then manly man on the flip side, who knows what else) and I got in. Hell I'd say that Zero has more depth than my character. Honestly I'm kinda getting mixed messages from this all? Like you aren't entirely sure why our shonen hero friend isn't in, maybe reaching for things but can't quite get nothing concrete. I mean sure explained a bit by the fact you said you weren't involved, but you figure you'd be consulted even if a little for it.

It all just seems a bit odd you know?

Right, I'm still here. In OOC I mean, IC I have done my thing with Snakelass. But with the most manly man he will have to wait another day.

Okay so I could go over a few things, but I see that you two have done a fairly stellar job in noting these bits. But what I didn't see addressed was.

Depth? Was depth a part of this? For a comedy thing? Huh. I mean, I'll be honest here, I'm pretty much just an bitch snake (on the main - then manly man on the flip side, who knows what else) and I got in. Hell I'd say that Zero has more depth than my character. Honestly I'm kinda getting mixed messages from this all? Like you aren't entirely sure why our shonen hero friend isn't in, maybe reaching for things but can't quite get nothing concrete. I mean sure explained a bit by the fact you said you weren't involved, but you figure you'd be consulted even if a little for it.

It all just seems a bit odd you know?
Yeah I understand you. While it is minor comedy, there's still an rp at the end of the day. I actually find your character very interesting! There's just been a disconnect on both sides, us not Putting enough detail and clarification in terms of the character sheet, and in turn caused a disconnect with Zerochek. Rest assured I will be doing a lot if work tonight to update everything and see about zero and his character. Who knows, maybe something happened while I'm not in and they work it out? I'll happily take anything you have to say and need clarification on in regards to character sheets, IC stuff and the like.

Well the most helpful thing to start would be to give legitimate benchmarks for what each stat does at each level, divorced from actual superpowers just raw stat totals, so that we can actually see what each stat does explicitly and therefore gauge our own character's abilities since I'm pretty sure everyone just filled that shit out totally blind

Hell that would've been helpful, I know I was pretty much winging it with what felt appropriately snake-y.

And also looks like the cosmic ballet of character introductions marches on

Well the most helpful thing to start would be to give legitimate benchmarks for what each stat does at each level, divorced from actual superpowers just raw stat totals, so that we can actually see what each stat does explicitly and therefore gauge our own character's abilities since I'm pretty sure everyone just filled that shit out totally blind
I had a base idea and figured by descriptions on stats how to implement. Maybe needs more deets but it's not hard.

Basically fast as hell with a dense body to withstand the effects of his power, and the "power stat" just comes from being naturally jacked.

Brother same thing, physically weaker. Faster though.

Yeah but you don't have any direct means of gauging how fast your guy is and this always leads to stupid bullshit arguments eventually because environmental effects aren't relative like player stats are to each other unless we were to use dice which we aren't
Better get it out of the way while we have time

i'm currently finishing up the stats overhaul, expect it t obe up by the end of the day! Also, it doesn't affect too much, but i decided to add a common room/;ounge that would connect 4 dorm rooms at a time. not really much purpose outside of more interaction and allowing for people of differing gender to relax with each other more easily then the previous go all the way to the other wing deal. Locations are getting an overhaul too.

Discord Link:

Edit: Yes, that is isabelle with a sword

Users who are viewing this thread

Back