• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Highland Academy for Powered Individuals [Open]

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Raygen Lee
「Interacting~ Brinni Brinni Basic Basic [| Location~ Entrance 」

Raygen finally decided to throw herself out of her comfort zone and head out of the dorms to check out the festival. She looked down at her comm-band, somewhat confused on how to use it. She gave it a little tap and watched it blink to life with significant brightness. She slowly navigated her way to her contacts list and found her roommate's name. "Hey.. I'm Raygen, your roommate. I was wondering where I would be able to find you? I'm assuming that you're at the festival but I'm kinda scared I'm going to get a little lost... Maybe we could meet somewhere with less people?" She hit send and bit her bottom lip. She wasn't going to lie and say she wasn't worried about meeting new people. Because she really was worried about it. Raygen stood up and grabbed her jacket off the end of her newly acquired bed. "It's now or never..." She thought to herself before making her way out of the dorms.

Once she finally found her way back to the festival, it was just as crowded as before. Filled with stalls and what she assumed was people yelling out to attract attention for people to join their clubs, just like back in Japan. She walked around slowly, kinda hoping not to run into that boy again like she did before. That would be even more embarrassing because of the fact that she ran away... She shook her head to rid herself of that thought, and made her way to the literature club booth to have a short look. She didn't think joining a club would really benefit her too much so in the end, she just made her way towards the food and hoped for the best.

Tapping her pockets she realized with slightly widened eyes that she had forgotten her pen and paper... "Well this is going to be a little harder than first imagined.."

Zelisk Seishin
「Interacting~ Little Shenanigans Little Shenanigans [| Location~ Entrance 」

The enticing aroma of a well prepared broth filled Zelisk's mind as he stared, wide-eyed at the delectable Ramen dish that awaited him. "Itadakimasu", grabbing the chop sticks he began to dig in to the freshly prepared meal, each bite filling his empty stomach and bringing him utmost joy. Figuring there was no time to waste Zelisk began walking through the crowds of people and made his way toward the dorm room while continuing to eat his Ramen. He was open-minded and keen to make friends, but he wasn't really sure where to begin so he figured he would drop his things off and check out his dorm room before continuing back out into the festival. Thud, Zelisk was nudged slightly from behind tipping his delicious food all over the ground, "AHHHHHH! Not the Ramen!". Zelisk kneeled atop his spilled food, slightly tearing up as he heard the softest apology sound from behind him. "Don't even worry abo-". Before he could even finish his sentence or turn around the owner of that velvet-soft voice had completely disappeared into the crowd. Looking down Zelisk had noticed a small white fountain pen next to a slightly crumpled piece of paper on the ground. I wonder if this was her's..? Thinking that to himself he quickly grabbed them before the crowd had a chance to trample on them and rose to his feet, abandoning his 'ground-ramen' and continued toward the dorm rooms, wondering whether he'll have the chance to return the lost items.

The room was empty and Zelisk was unsure whether he had even been assigned a room-mate at all. This didn't particularly bother him though as he was use to having his own room, being raised as an only child. He noticed a small arm band on the table in front of him, which he had overheard others refer to as a 'comm-band'. After setting his luggage down and attaching the comm-band to his wrist he decided to head back out and spend his time near the food stalls eating food, meeting new people and possibly running into the owner of the pen and paper that he kept on him.

Alaric
The Suspicious Eye The Suspicious Eye

And the rollercoaster went for another lap. Once again he couldn't get a word in edgewise as the violet haired woman blathered on. Her deduction of his identity was spot on and a but impressive, but it left Alaric wondering. How many people knew his name and face? He wasn't against the idea of being popular, but it was a two way street. He still didn't know this chick's name.

His face twitched a bit when she mentioned his family, but Alaric didn't bother to correct her, since it was the truth, or ask her how she knew, so he didn't get the whole "elementary dear Watson" speech again.

However, her next point, about his "problem" did make him scowl a bit, but she was already beginning to leave and Alaric had no intention of stopping her. She didn't seem interested in hitting on him, so he just let her go with a smile and a nod.

"I'll check out the club if my other two don't interfere," he promised as she left.

He checked her out some more as she walked away. She'd have to be reason numerous uno for him joining the club, if he joined. Looked good from every angle.

And she never answered his question about the watch thing. While he was glad it was advanced tech, he still didn't know how to use the stupid advanced thing.

With the gorgeous journalist out of his sight, Alaric speed off in the direction of the dorms, keeping a moderate and safe (ish) momentum.

Within a minute he was in his empty room. Well, empty in terms of people. It looked like his roommate had been here.

Alaric sped through unpacking and a shower before dashing back out into the festival, wearing the same clothes, but his wet hair down.

Once again he just blindly joined to festival, no real purpose. Maybe he'd find a freshman, as journalist girl mentioned.

. . [class=1] padding:25px; background-color:#404040; font-size:30px; margin:30px 0 0 175px; width: 60%; text-align:center; letter-spacing:0.7px; height:20px; font-family: 'Cormorant', Arial; color:#C2C2C2; [/class] [class=interbox] background-color:#ffc3c3; padding: 12px; Height: 10px; Width: 100px; margin-left: 50px; transition-duration: 0.4s; z-index:-1; color:transparent; margin-top:2px; font-family: 'Roboto Sans', Arial; letter-spacing:1.2px; [/class] [class name=interbox state=hover] margin-left: 120px; color:#293249; width:300px; [/class] [class=locbox] background-color:#dce8f0; padding: 12px; Height: 10px; Width: 100px; margin-left: 50px; transition-duration: 0.4s; z-index:-1; color:transparent; margin-top:2px; font-family: 'Roboto Sans', Arial; letter-spacing:1.2px; [/class] [class name=locbox state=hover] margin-left: 120px; color:#293249; width:300px; [/class] [class=contentbox] background-color:#e5eaee; margin-left: 100px; margin-top: -30px; height:480px; width:500px; padding: 15px; color:#000000; text-align:justify; font-family: 'Roboto Sans', Arial; Font-size:13px; overflow-y:scroll; [/class]

[div class=1] Wēnhé Róuruǎn [/div]
[div class=interbox]Interacting with: Open[/div] [div class=locbox]Location: Festival [/div]

[div class=contentbox]
Wen had looked up at the albino with a solemn, blank expression. Almost like she didn't know how to react. 'What is wrong with you?' was the question on everyones minds, and Wen just blinked; then smiled. "I'm mentally challenged." She burst into a fit of giggles as Min walked through her pussy portal, taking the boy with her. The chinese girl stood up, taking her goat back into her arms and petting him gently. "Such a good boy, getting a taste for human flesh." It started as a small chuckle, and then she broke out in a fit of maniacal laughter. Since the festival was rather loud, only the people near her seemed to notice.

After she had calmed down she had walked back over to the petting zoo, her time with her fuzzy friend had come to an end. She had set him down back into the petting zoo casually, to a bit of dismay from the people around her. "一定要继续给他们所有的疾病..." She had said before petting him and walking off back to blend in with the crowd. She knew the goat would continue her legacy of infecting worthless human beings with it's goat rabies. It had to, for her sake. Goat rabies----That was the only thing on her mind in her small little head, but it kept a smile on her face as she toddled around the festival.

Though as she wondered she began to think. She might have to change roommates due to her constant outbursts towards the albino. Maybe she should consider committing genocide? Yes! Yes! Spread the word that all albinos are witches and burn them. Perfect. Burn all the babies! How did babies get brought into this? She was a bit concerned for herself. In her physical manifestation however, she was simply standing in the middle of the festival with her head hung low; looking at the ground with an intense stare.

[/div]

Haruo Higuchi - Medical Tent
Interactions: The Suspicious Eye The Suspicious Eye

Well, a lot happened.

Too stunned with pain and surprise to even really wonder who Min was talking to when she talked past him, the boy gasped, like his breath was taken away by the girl when he was instantly transported into the medical tent with her portal power.

Haruo honestly did feel rather embarrassed by the whole situation. Even pushing aside the fact that he was bitten by a goat of all things, this girl whom he had just met was going through all this trouble for him. Seemed like she already paid back the smoothie all the way until now he was the one who owed her now.

Seemed like he couldn't help but be a bother like this.

Not bothering to address the absurdity of the situation he was in, or even the doctor's incredulous reaction to it either, Haruo didn't respond to the man initially, letting out a soft relieved sigh as his apparent healing powers went to work on the boy's leg. It was only when the doctor carelessly said the b-word that he reacted, involuntarily flushing a bit at the thought. "W-Wait, she's not my--" He started to say, before stopping, imagining that the man probably didn't actually care either way.

Besides, she was kinda pr--

"--uuh?"

His train of thought halted to a dead stop when Min ventured to get closer to him, staring right into his eyes. It felt like such a deep gaze from the boy's point of view, a part of him felt guilty for even having one person draw so much attention toward him, feeling like the prime example of self-conscious in this moment, though for the brief minute that he gazed right back in Min's eyes, he did have to admit. They were really vibrant.

Instinctively looking away afterward, still flushed a little, Haruo cleared his throat.

"I-I'm fine. Not exactly how I expected my first day to go, but I guess it can't be helped," he replied, sheepishly running a hand through his hair. "Sorry to make you go through all that trouble just for me. I really didn't intend on being bitten by a goat, you see... uuh, what was your name again?" The boy went on, the latter joke of a sentence being more for himself to break the one-sided tension, before realizing he wasn't sure if the girl actually did introduce herself.​

Leon Bellamy

@Tags: Aloha Loha Aloha Loha
As the situation dissolved Leon breathed a sigh of relief. He really didn't want the festival to end early due to a confrontation. What he failed to notice however was the snake girl approaching. Blinking in disbelief as she piled her suitcases into his arms, a scowl crossed his face. Easy Leon. Don't start picking fights before school even begins.

Instead he crouched and slid the suitcases onto the ground. Standing up and cocking an eyebrow at the girl, he fought the urge to roll his eyes. "Few things" he drawled. "First, maybe I was just watching the scene you were making, as opposed to being interested in cheer-leading. Second, and more importantly, I'm not sure where you come from, but in N'Orleans we have these things called manners. Surely you've heard of them? For example, you ask someone if they'd be willing to help you instead of piling your crap into their arms and expecting it.Not to mention introducing yourself. I'm Leon, not "Yellow". Remember that. Now if you wanna try askin for help all nice like, then I'll be happy to give you a hand. Otherwise, shove off."

Izzy ReedSeeing a message pop up from her comm-band Izzy tilted her head. "Raygen...wonder who that is" she said, beofre opening it. After a quick scan she smiled "Ah. So she got my message after all! Cool!" She sent a reply to her roomie. "Hey Raygen. I'm over off in the corner by the petting zoo. I'll see you soon, can't wait to meet you."

She sat waiting for her new friend, watching with amusement as someone returned a goat to the enclosure. "Poor thing must have gotten out. Nice of them to return it." She brought up the list of students on her comm-band, searching for her roomate's name so she knew what to keep an eye out for.

Rachel De La Fuente​

Every situation called for a different hunting tactic. Each prey was different, had different tics in response to stimuli, and this called for different hunting mechanisms. This target was malleable, as it remained and did not try to warrant an attack. Beyond that it proceeded to freely give information away, beyond necessary details, suggesting a foolhardy quality. This of course was reinforced by the lack of fear, or even unease, of curiosity or a wide plethora of emotions, in witnessing the snake-mutant. Perhaps it was emboldened by the poker-face earlier and felt that snake-mutant would not try to constrict it. This was indeed the case, after all there were too many witnesses for a true hunt, nor did she crave long pork, and of course most importantly the snake-woman did in fact want something from this kid.

While it was just doing mule like tasks, it was still something that needed to be achieved.

Rachel De La Fuente began using several of her free arms to perform simple gestures, mostly just checking on the condition of her various nails, as she hissed out bearing her fangs yet again and allowing her tongue to flick out.

“Tch.” Rachel De La Fuente remarked as her snake appendage writhed around a little behind her, “Didn’t I say it’d be lovely for you to help? That’s asking. What did you want -” Raising one of her middle arms to her mouth the snake-woman cleared her throat as she clasped her lower hands together and began wriggling her torso around alongside her arms.

“Oh pretty pretty please would you help a lady with her luggage? With sugar on top? oozed out like sap between Rachel’s lips, followed by a fluttering of eye-lashes. Bearing out her teeth in a toothy expression as she unfurled her hands she gestured down to her suitcases, “Rachel. There. You got your introduction, so you gonna help me with em or what?”

Tags: Brinni Brinni

Claude Allcrest

A3.jpg
Tags: The Suspicious Eye The Suspicious Eye
After his virtual defeat, Claude compossed himself as he made his way throughout the stands, liiking for any more clubs that interested him. His schedule was still very free despite having signed up for two clubs, on account of getting permission that if he made the varsity team he could practice at night and leave his day open. He wanted to join enough clubs to be busy and have a lot of connections, while at the same time having free time to work out and study, and anything else he might want to do. Taking a moment to buy a sweet tea while he looked at the other stands. Swimming would be cool, and it would allow him to work out too. While literature would be nice, he also wanted to know more about the journalism club. He wasn't a fan of the other sports, student goverment clubs were impossible to join right now, they didn't know who he was and invite only. Hmmmm... What else could he join?

Finishing his sweet tea, he approached the journalism club. "Good afternoon miss. I'm interested in your club, but i'd like to know more about what you guys do. Care to enlighten me?" Claude asked,smiling a little while making eye contact with the girl at the stand. She wasn't bad looking at all, and she seemed like she she was actually capable of holding a conversation without bumbling over themselves; Claude felt like he could enjoy talking to her as he did Izzy. It was honestly a refreshing change from his time as king in middle school back in New York. Back there, while he had power and endless respect, he wasn't a fan of being forced to never mess up and havin to talk to people who constantly stuttered and fumbled over themselves. Maybe this was one thing they wanted when they forced him to come here instead of accepting his invite to Bronzewood. But back to the conversation at hand. "I'm sorry, my name is Claude, Claude Allcrest. But you can call me whatever you want. Might i know yours?"

latest
Min Johannas Verite Verite
Having been taught at a young age that eyes are the window of the soul, Min instinctively leaned in closer. Looking deep into his eyes he seemed alright, though a bit uncomfortable. Looking a bit closer she noticed there was also a small hint of something sad within his eyes. It was intriguing to see such complexities in him, so different from others. Tilting her head she wondered what was going on in his head, but smiled glad that he was alright.

Taking a step back as he averted his eyes she shifted her weight as he cleared his throat. Watching him as he spoke she nodded, her first day hadn't been anything like she expected, and apparently her roommate is stalking her. What a crazy girl. As he began to apologize she shook her head and placed a hand on his arm. "No there's no need to apologize! That wasn't your fault at all! It was that weird girl!"

Stopping as he asked her name, her eyes widened as she realizing she hadn't introduced herself. "Oh! I'm sorry." Pulling her hand away from his shoulder she took a deep breath, extending her hand out to him and smiled. "I'm Min Johannas. It's a pleasure to meet you, Haruo."

After he shook her hand she pulled it back to tuck some hair behind her ear. "I'm sorry that this happened to you. That girl is strange to say the least. Can you belive I found out that girl is my roommate? I don't think I'm going to be spending much time in my dorm." She said giving a soft laugh at the reluctant joke. Not wanting to talk about Wen, she changed the subject she asked Haruo, "So. Have you found any clubs that you're interested in?"

dlTwfkz.jpg
Journalism Booth The Prophet The Prophet
Turning to the new voice, she didn't have to even look at him to know he was a royal. It was carried in his tone, polite, confident and formal. Looking the freshman up and down, he was a looker. Smiling the spoke confidently. "Certainly." Placing a hand to her chest she introduced herself. "I'm Sharika Gaia, president of the journalism club and editor in chief of the Highlander. The Journalism club's main objective is to write articles for our newspaper. Our paper is sent out on Monday, therefore our staff has the week to write up articles. Of course some stories take longer than others, luckily we have quite a few members so our paper is never lacking." She said with pride for her members.

"Members of our club have access to some of the Hero Academies and government databases for our research. With my approval you can even skip school to follow leads. This club prides itself on bringing factual news to the students here at Highland Academy and our school supports us 100%." Picking up a flier from the table she extended it to claude. "Our room is open every day, we could always use students with interest in uncovering truths."

Pausing and looking at the freshman she asked. "So, Claude, what truth are you interested in uncovering?"

Leon Bellamy

@Tags: Aloha Loha Aloha Loha
He sighed. "I suppose that's good enough" he said simply. "Was that really so difficult?" Reaching down he picked up a single suitcase in each hand. "I'll help you as far as the dorms. I plan on checking out as much of the festival as I can today since I'm going to unpack tomorrow." He began walking his way towards the dorms, not bothering to see if she was keeping up.

She's got such an attitude. I wonder if she was a royal at her last school. Would certainly explain a lot. Those at the top tend to have a superiority complex. "Royals" he muttered. Or worse, maybe she's crazy and actually believes she's a predator animal. I've heard that can happen with mutation-types

Assuming she was following, he called over shoulder. "A word of advice darlin', I'd lose the attitude. I don't know what rank you was before, but here we at the bottom of the food chain. So be careful who you mouth off to. Both of those cheerleaders would have run over you faster than lightning had you tried to pick a fight with them."

Last edited:
Rachel De La Fuente​

The fuck is a ‘rank’? Surely this madman was talking about prestige in attraction? Lots of people came specifically for the freak show, but did they really ever come for her over the other monsters? If not prestige in attraction was there really anything else could it be? Anything else would’ve been silly. Regardless, Rachel had achieved what she wanted in obtaining mule like labor from another. As such Rachel De La Fuente slithered begins Leon towards the dorm with the rest of the suitcases, eying around to see if she could get even more work to carry them, leaving her upper hands free.

“Tch.” Rachel snorted out as she idly looked around. “That’s what you think loser. If I thought like you, I’d still be in the freak show.” A simple and concise statement. Nor did it reveal anything deeper and unnecessary, it was just a factual matter. For if Rachel did not actively bite against Neo Bindlestaff and Amok, chances were good she’d still be a part of the menagerie of monsters and freaks.

Plus in a bout the snake mutant knew she’d win. Didn’t matter how long it’d take, whether it was quick from proper hunting or from long attrition as from escaping the surface, Rachel De La Fuente would win the war. If she could obtain her own personal freedom what was this in comparison?

Clearly the lad wasn’t all there, not watching the scene closely and speaking of silly things, but he at least was moving part of her luggage. That was the important thing. Nothing else sparked much interest in the snake-woman who flicked out her forked tongue now and again while continuing onward.

Brinni Brinni

Claude Allcrest

A3.jpg
@Tags: The Suspicious Eye The Suspicious Eye
Taking the flier from her hands, Claude glanced at it, and placed it down on the table and began to fil it out."Truths? Well, I don't have anything in particular as of right now, but rest assured I plan on finding a great deal of interesting secrets about the people here and whatever happens in this part of Oregon. I might be new to the area and this school, but i don't plan on being ignorant." Claude answered, holding back his other intention of having info on the other students around him. As a Gambler, it only made sense to want to know how the people at your poker table tick. "Well Sharika, you're dazzling and confidant demenor have persuaded me into joining your club. I'll be sure to give you something interesting as much as possible." Claude finished the form and handed it back with a grin. "You wouldn't mind if i added you on the wristbands, right? I have a few more questions, but i don't want to take too much of your time. You're another interesting one Sharika, I honestly appreciate how you don't stutter over your words when talking to me. I'ts....refreshing." Claude confessed, giving a sigh of relief. Suddenly remembering something, he opened his mouth to ask a question. "Sharika, one question before i go, but does this school really not have ranks or royals? I know this school is different, but it's admittedly confusing for me, going from being King to just a face in the crowd. I know of the Turf War club, and i did join, but it seems, lacking to what Royals actually do."

Last edited:
Leon BellamyLeon snorted. "Depending on who you talk to Rachel, you're still part of a freak show." But her comment, innocuous as it was, illuminated some things. If she'd been part of a circus's "freak show", something designed to make money off of powered individuals by showcasing them as rarities, even though 20% of people are born with the genetics to develop extra-normal abilities nowadays, it would explain her gaps in societal knowledge. In fact, if she'd been raised in it...

Leon started laughing as he followed the train of thought. "I wonder. Is it possible you're a feral? That would explain a lot." He placed the suitcases down next to the door. "Regardless. This is where I'm going to leave you. Good luck with the culture shock." He continued on his way back towards the festival, chuckling the whole way.

He made his way around the booths again. Stopping by the Chorus and Drama booth he was pleased to learn that it did include a band. And they were they looking for a pianist. He took a flyer. I miss playing with other people.

Despite his hesitancy towards it, he did go back to the cheer-leading booth and took a flyer before circling back to the Turf Wars. Approaching the co-captain, he mirrored the question that Claude was asking the journalism clubs president. "Why doesn't this school do ranks and royals like most other schools? It feels like it detracts from the whole concept of the Turf Wars. Then again, maybe it's going from royalty to just another face that has me bothered."

Haruo Higuchi - Medical Tent

"Min, huh..." Haruo repeated thoughtfully as the girl introduced herself, as though letting the name linger in his thoughts. As she went on, he carefully stood back up, almost (but not quite) surprised at how well his leg had healed up thanks to the doctor. Listening to her speak, the boy casually tucked one hand into his pocket, like a gesture that suggested he had become relatively comfortable again, with the situation of both of his smoothies being dropped and his goat attack now in the past.

"Your roommate, huh? Sounds like you're already used to her shenanigans. Let's hope you're not next on that thing's menu," Haruo responded. With his mood back to more of a normal state, it was almost as though his manner of speech had changed, shifting from abashed to a more nonchalant mien, if not just a bit reserved.

As Min switched topics, moving on to the festival itself, Haruo gave a bit of a noncommittal shrug when posed with the question of if there were any clubs he was interested in. "Mm, not really. Maybe... uuh... hmm," he started, before suddenly stopping in the middle of his sentence, as though there were indeed some that caught his eye, but he didn't want to say, instead moving the focus of the conversation back to Min.

"What about you? I suppose since the festival's still going strong, we have plenty of time to check everything out."

Rachel De La Fuente​

Well obviously. Rachel was indeed a monster, it was clear at looking at her. There would always be freaks existing and more often than not they would be used by the less freakish. No matter where you were there was always a bile fascination with those that were different, especially those that were noticeably different. So those comments just slid like water off a duck’s ass.

Feral, creature, beast, abomination, aberration, mutant, at the end of the day they were all the same thing. It meant monster. “It’s never been in dispute that I’m a monster.” After all why would it be? Rachel knew she was a freakish monster, people around her knew that. If all parties were in understanding of that simple fact things proceeded fine. The monsters will be monsters while the normal will react as they would to dealing with monsters.

“Giezao seazuciezk iezaon a emiezapeniezaeshay!” shouted back Rachel, rolling her eyes that this mule did not in fact go further. Oh well, at least a bit of the luggage was moved without her having to lift a finger or subcaudal, or gastrostege. Either way the two pieces of luggage were taken as Rachel secured them all leaving her upper left hand free as she made her way in to her dormitory to drop off all of her possessions. It was a more spacious cage than the usual carnival train car, multiple beds, some other nick-nacks and such. The snake-mutant proceeded to leave all of her suitcases right at the entrance way before slithering around and out.

. . [class=1] padding:25px; background-color:#404040; font-size:30px; margin:30px 0 0 175px; width: 60%; text-align:center; letter-spacing:0.7px; height:20px; font-family: 'Cormorant', Arial; color:#C2C2C2; [/class] [class=interbox] background-color:#ffc3c3; padding: 12px; Height: 10px; Width: 100px; margin-left: 50px; transition-duration: 0.4s; z-index:-1; color:transparent; margin-top:2px; font-family: 'Roboto Sans', Arial; letter-spacing:1.2px; [/class] [class name=interbox state=hover] margin-left: 120px; color:#293249; width:300px; [/class] [class=locbox] background-color:#dce8f0; padding: 12px; Height: 10px; Width: 100px; margin-left: 50px; transition-duration: 0.4s; z-index:-1; color:transparent; margin-top:2px; font-family: 'Roboto Sans', Arial; letter-spacing:1.2px; [/class] [class name=locbox state=hover] margin-left: 120px; color:#293249; width:300px; [/class] [class=contentbox] background-color:#e5eaee; margin-left: 100px; margin-top: -30px; height:480px; width:500px; padding: 15px; color:#000000; text-align:justify; font-family: 'Roboto Sans', Arial; Font-size:13px; overflow-y:scroll; [/class]

[div class=1] Wēnhé Róuruǎn [/div]
[div class=interbox]Interacting with: --- [/div] [div class=locbox]Location: Festival [/div]

[div class=contentbox]
Wen had ventured around for a bit longer, her bunny plopping up and down behind her in her miniature backpack. She had stopped at a club sign up stand that she was particularly interested in. The fashion club. She hoped that it wouldn't be full of hoity toitys, and rather more flexible members that were open to more edgier styles. She loved her teen brooding after all. She began talking to the club leader in a soft tone. "Hello, I was wondering if I could sign up for your little club thingie?" Her expression was wary as she spoke, shifting on her platformers.

After that awkward interaction, she had shuffled on over to the turf war club--Where she was far more confident in displaying her abilities. "Your berserker has arrived." She exclaimed as she walked up to the stand, holding up a rock'n'roll hand gesture. "Hope I can join this and still be in a different club, that is allowed--Right?"

[/div]

dlTwfkz.jpg
Journalism Booth The Prophet The Prophet Watching him as he filled out one of their forms she smiled as he spoke. Stroking a manicured nail across her lips she picked out exactly what was on his mind. "Hmm, so you're interested in the secrets of others." Nothing wrong with that, she loved inquisitive minds, they always found something juicy.

Definitely a royal. His persuasive tone, his confidence and not to mention the hint of narcissism, it was obvious. She was used to it, having spent her time interviewing many elite empowered. Giving him a polite nod she replied. "Well I'm glad I can provide you with some refreshing conversation. Lend me your hand for a moment?" Taking his hand in hers, her eyes flashed for a moment and she raised an inquisitive brow. Continuing without hesitation, the watch on her arm reappeared as she spoke calmly. "There's a very quick and easy way to get a contact. Just hold their hand and say. Transfer" A second later there was a soft ding of a bell and her contact was placed in his recent contact.

Holding his hand as the transfer took place she listened to him ask one of the most common question among freshmen. "You're correct. This school does not support the royal system. Instead of focusing on strength we focus on interests, personality and personal merit. HAPI students are judged on who they are, not what they can do. I understand it can be jarring for freshmen, some lash out, trying to show their powers off in attempts to gain control over others. Others feel lost, like they've fallen into obscurity. Neither are necessary, this is a opportunity to be more than just your powers and stand out as your best self."

Noticing the lost look on his handsome face, she continued. "But if you want the equivalent power as a royal here at HAPI, you'll want to be invited to the student council. As a student run, student body the Student Council is in charge of every student. They even sit on the approval board along with the discipline committee and staff. The Student Council are by far the most influential students in the school, with the discipline committee coming in as a close seconds, and club presidents taking third place."

AAuE7mCRdfMUbZ55mzHzZkSubg-yuKfdxC6Z3aLD-A=s900-mo-c-c0xffffffff-rj-k-no
Turf Wars Booth Brinni Brinni
Ty was grinning at one of the other students before he turned his attention to the new boy. Listening to his question it was the most common one he got from everyone, not just the freshmen. "Well you shouldn't think about it like that. Being a royal is cool, but it's also lonely. People always know you and treat you differently because of how strong your power is, and not who you are. HAPI doesn't follow the rank system because the point of the school is to help find out who you are and what kind of hero you can be. Beating others down with a show of power isn't what a hero is, you know?"

Scratching his head he strained trying to remember something. "The Headmaster said something about a hero being a role model first, not an enforcer. I don't remember it, but it that was the point. Anyway my friend and I established the Turf Wars club not to show our dominance, but to protect the other students from being attacked off campus. Plus give those who want extra training some fun combat experience. Which is always important as a hero."

Pointing at him he smiled, "are you interested in joining?"

SoftSmile SoftSmile
"Oh yeah. There's no limit, you can join as many clubs as you can handle." A girl said from behind Wen.

"Thanks Bonnie" Ty said a bit bashfully.

Walking behind to the Turf Wars booth's table, Bonnie looked over to Ty. "No problem Ty." Turning back to Wen she looked her up and down, sizing the freshman up. "Berserker, huh? You certainly have the confidence. I like it." Handing her a flier she introduced herself. "I'm Bonnie, I'm a senior who's a member in Turf wars." Placing a hand on her hip she looked down at the girl. "I'm all for a new member, but have you been apart of Turf Wars before?"

Shijou.Takane.full.1828849.jpg
Min Johannas Verite Verite
Noticing him relax a bit she smiled at him and gave a soft laugh as he gave a soft joke about being next on the menu. Crossing her mind Min thought, if Wen attacks me she won't last five seconds. Shrugging she slid her hands behind her back as walked over to his side. Inspecting his face he seemed much happier and comfortable around her. Seeing such a shift was a strange surprise, one she liked quite a lot.

Walking slowly beside him he started to talk about himself, before pausing and changing the subject back to herself. Curious as to what he was going to say, she didn't want to push him. Looking up at the sky she thought about all the clubs she's joined. "Me? I've found quite a few I want to join." Counting on her fingers she slowed her pace as she tried to remember them all. "The literature and language clubs, cheerleading, the city scene club and the chorus/drama club. I think that's it so far."

Skipping a bit to catch back up she gave him an energetic smile. "I'm actually really excited about participating!" She said clapping her hands together in excitement. Stepping in front of him she turned on her heels and began to walk backwards. "But you're right we have a lot of time to check everything out. So let's go find a club that you'll like."

Twirling back around she picked up a festival map and opened it up. Inspecting all the booths labeled she leaned over to him, to show him the map. "Is there anything you have a interest in? Any hobbies?"

List of Clubs
Sports Club
Basketball*
Baseball
Soccer*
Swim Team*
Track*
Lacrosse*
Football*
Golf*
HAPI Cheer Club
Dance Club
Committee and Council
Morale Committee
Student Council
HAPI Community Service Council
Honor Society
Discipline Committee
Yearbook Committee
Model UN
Clubs/Associations
Mathletes
Garden Club
Turf Wars
Fashion Club
Chorus/Drama Club
Art Club*
Literature Club*
Language Club
Anime/Film Club
Chemistry club*
Hellfire Club*
City Scene*
Journalism Club
Cooking Club

Last edited:
PARIA ACT I - BIG TIME IN THE JUNGLE
Elysium Elysium

A black sedan pulled up just outside the school gates without fanfare, dispatching a strapping young man wearing white gloves and an immaculate black. He surveyed the area with an air of purpose and, apparently, found it to his standards. he pulled open the rear door to reveal a petite young woman whose pale, transparent skin glistened gently in the sunlight like a very attractive beached jellyfish. Taking his hand, she stepped carefully outwards and onto the sidewalk, taking a sharp breath as she took it all in.

"Oh, Marsilo, I love it!"

"I'm sure your mother will be pleased to hear that, milady."

"She did seem very excited about all of this. Oh, do you think I'll make a good impression? My dress hasn't soaked through in the back again, has it? Perhaps I should have had that extra cup of starch this morning after all... Are you certain you can't stay with me?"

"I would love to visit the festival with you, milady, but I'm afraid needs must.", Marsilo replied, walking around to the read of the car to retrieve a pair of massive steamer trunks, "I'm sure they'll find milady just as charming as I do."

"You really think so?"

"I'm certain."

Marsilo shooed Paria with his free hand, shouldering both trunks with the other arm.

"Run along now, milady. Don't keep your new friends waiting."

"A-alright.", Paria slapped her cheeks with both hands, sending gentle ripples cascading through her eggshell-white body and took a deep breath.

"...Friends!", she whispered to herself.

Making friends, as it turned out, was a little harder than Paria thought it would be. Sure, she had been to the occasional charity gala, but her famous ghost impression; that was to say, standing quietly in the corner and staring at people from a distance; didn't seem to be impressing the commoners. Strange; that one was a surefire hit at her mother's parties.

Perhaps she should mingle with one of these so-called "clubs" everyone seemed to be talking about? Mother had always told her to steer clear of gangs, though. She said they were gathering places for the lesser peoples. Was a club like a gang? Only one way to find out, she supposed.

Stepping forward with as much confidence as she could muster, Paria immediately tripped over a rock and splattered most of her face all across a very young man dressed in hobo rags who was just leaving the dorm. Picking herself up, she gasped with the remaining half of her face.

"Oh, dear, how clumsy of me!", she said as chunks of her head slithered off the boy to rejoin her body and complete her look of abject horror, leaving behind a trail of sticky white starch through his hair. She began patting him down with a handkerchief, "I really can't apologize enough for this. Please, you must let Marsilo draw you a bath when he returns- Er, oh, but where are my manners! Mother would scold me for sure if she saw me like this..."

Paria bowed and curtsied frantically.

"I am Paria Celsus, of the Celsus family. It is an honor to meet you, mister..?"

Rachel De La Fuente

The one task was firmly accomplished. The snake-woman did mark her new territory, and now she had all six hands freely available without any concern for luggage. Was it scattered about in an undignified manner? Yes, it absolutely was. Did Rachel take much consideration in observing and marking this territory? No, besides eyeing the set of baubles, she did not put much stock into the room just yet. It did not enter Rachel’s mind as a concern to set things up neatly or get super familiarized with it just yet. After all there would be plenty of time for that. No what mattered now was gathering more information, and possible more flesh for consumption.

And the name of the information game was divulging what the booths were hawking. Of course that was the current name of the game. If something else popped up, well, Rachel De La Fuente would deal with it as it came. Surely she’d be struck with an idea for some task to gather someone to do, besides moving the luggage. Ah well, right now she hardly had the faintest idea of who would be prodded at for such a thing.

So it made sense that the snake-mutant would slither through the festival grounds searching for something.

However there was something that disturbed the center of Rachel’s core. Such vulgarity to the senses, these neon colors, flashing lights and kinda crummy sounding voices. Most would turn away at such things. Many would know that this was a path not worth embarking on and would flee as soon as they saw the road-signs. However Rachel was not like most people, so she stood there near that den of scum and villainy. She gave a contemptous glare towards the screen, using her upper appendages to cover at her ears, and scowled with her teeth bared as she looked behind the booth at who would allow such things to be.

“What...” Rachel began slowly drawing out her words, making sure they caught onto each and every single piece. “...Is. That?”

It seemed that Rachel had found a thing perhaps as vile as the circus. Why would such a thing come into existence? Did it exist solely to warn of the end-times? Could there truly be a beacon of light in a world where such a thing existed?

And so, Rachel De La Fuente discovered the Anime Booth.

Haruo Higuchi - Highland Festival

Haruo's expression visibly softened as Min spoke, though it seemed he didn't realize it at that moment, comfortably walking alongside her all the while. Especially as she listed what she was potentially interested in, Haruo couldn't help but let out a lightly amused breath. "That many, huh? Sounds like you like being around a lot of people. You sure I'm enough for that?" He inquired facetiously, holding one arm with the other behind his back as he continued walking with the girl, his movements and his manner of speech taking upon a droll air.

As she once again turned the focus back to him, with Haruo feeling like they were playing a game of back and forth, he chuckled lightly. Haruo found himself imagining that would have been a pointedly shrewd thing to do if it was on purpose, but he couldn't quite tell with Min, at least at the moment. "You're really intent on getting me to join something, aren't you? Freshman to freshman..."

"But alright, I'll humor you. I had my eye on the chorus and drama club as well,"
Haruo relented. One could guess that was the club, or at least one of them, he was going to say before, and only seemed comfortable expressing it when Min did as well, "Maybe the art club as well, or the... ah, anime and film club. Don't think I saw the booth for the latter though. Guess I didn't find it yet," he went on. One could say there was perhaps a common theme between each of the clubs. Haruo certainly knew that much.

"... But I guess I can take a look at those on my own time, if you wanna take a look into the chorus and drama club?"

Last edited:
Alaric
Mitch Conner Mitch Conner

Alaric was in the midst of deciding what he wanted to do next when-

-splat-

He was wet, and he didn't know why. It took the towering lad a few moments to notice the tiny little thing missing half of her rather watery face, panicking at her mistake.

His sapphire eyes lit up as he watched her face morph its way back into a full head. The petite clear girl started patting him down with a handkerchief, and Alaric once again didn't have ten seconds to talk as she freaked out. Did all hero women have super speed in the vocal chords?

Figuring she would eventually have to take a breath, Alaric waited for his turn, running his gaze over a interesting body attached to a cool personality. Some people would have covered him in whatever this was and said "oops" before awkwardly vanishing.

Alaric ran his hands through his hair, slicking it back with this stuff before wiping his hands on his beat up tanktop.

"Hello Paria. I'm Alaric. Don't worry about this mess. I'll clean back up."

He stuck out his hand in greeting.

"But look at you! You're super cool. Clear and liquid and unique, never heard of someone like you. My power can't stand up to that!"

PARIA ACT I - BIG TIME IN THE JUNGLE
Elysium Elysium

"I-it's potato starch. I use it to keep myself together, but it-", Paria stopped and cocked her head, "I apologize, 'power'? Do you mean to say such things are uncommon among the lower classes?"

Paria's hands clapped over her mouth. Oh, no, now she'd done it. The history of all previous societies had been a history of class struggles; which, by extension, meant that all poors must hate the gentry. If she wasn't careful, they might burn her at the stake or whatever the common people did when they found their betters vulnerable and without protection.

"I... I mean, yes! I, too, find your abilities impressive, fellow working member of the proletariat!", she took Alaric by the hand and gently tugged him towards the seething crowd, "Please, let us go to the festival and partake in cultural delicacies, such as Spam and Natty Light! Because I also struggle to pay monthly rent, you see! I will also pay with physical coinage instead of a debit card, because the bank refuses to issue me one!"

Whew. Looks like those acting classes were really paying off.

Wēnhé Róuruǎn
She shook her head. "No, I've never had the chance to. Do I have to have been in a turf war before?" She asked, glancing around. She put a hand on her hip, her idle stance rather kinetic as she shifted every so often to put more pressure on opposite feet; her hips swaying. She kept her confident aura despite having a wavering tone, her expression solemn.

Her eyes widened, as if she realized something before she spoke. "Oh, I'm Ruan by the way. Wēnhé Róuruǎn. My friends call me Wen." She held out a hand to Ty and then Bonnie, giving them both firm handshakes. "Can I ask a few questions about the Turf Wars and the area? I just arrived on plane about two days ago from Zhejiang. I'm not very familiar with most places around here yet." She paused for a moment before continuing. "What exactly counts as our turf? The next question may sound stupid--Sorry about that but who exactly are we having the war with. I like--Don't research schools and shit." She attempted to laugh off her ill preparedness for attending the school, rubbing a hand behind her neck in an awkward gesture.

"Also, one more thing--Can I like change roommates or anything? I kinda already thrashed her stuff after she back-mouthed me and help a goat bite her friend. You know--The usual." She laughed again, this time a bit more genuine now that she was actually engaged into the conversation.

Alaric
Mitch Conner Mitch Conner

Lower classes? Either she was a top tier student or rich. Either way, she was a bit odd.

Alaric was a bit taken aback when Paria grabbed his hand, and started pulling the much taller and beefier Alaric along, like a sweet Pomeranian trying to drag a ex-military German Shepard.

Then her entire demeanor changed.

What was actually going on with goo-girl here? She sounded normal, then out of nowhere started getting weird. However, she was funny, and by the end of whatever was happening, Alaric was cracking up.

Naive, but sweet. Alaric already genuinely liked this translucent little female.

Alaric wiped a bit of moisture from his eyes with his free hand as he spoke, slightly out of breath.

"I don't know if you're a rich kid or what, but that was one of the funniest things I ever heard.

I'm not poor, not rich, and not judging you in the slightest.

And about the power thing, I just meant that you're special. I run really fast, as do a bunch of other people. Speed abilities aren't rare, but you are. You're cool.

I'm just a fast meathead delinquent."

Alaric gave a self deprecating chuckle before pulling her over to a food booth and ordering two "poor people" snacks.

"It's better than Spam or Natty Light,"

He joked with her as he handed her one.​

Raygen Lee
「Interacting~ Brinni Brinni Basic Basic [|Location~ Festival Food Stands / Petting Zoo 」

Raygen spent a few minutes deciding what to do with herself now that she had totally forgotten where her pen and paper had gotten too... The last she remembered having it was when she was.. making her way to the dorms. "Right.." Raygen began retracing her steps slowly, not realizing that in reality she was just pacing around a few of the food stands that were offering hideous reminders of home. She let out a small sigh defeat before giving the ground a quick scan as well. After wasting nearly six minutes of her life looking for her pen, she gave up and decided that it was probably back in her dorm room. She hoped that people would be okay with her using her Comm-band to talk to them. Speaking of Comm-band, during Raygen's search she did feel a vibrate but she ignored it for obvious reasons.

Raygen soon figured out how to view messages on the small device and read over her roommates reply. "Petting zoo...?" Raygen tilted her head in confusion as to why that would have been considered a quieter part of the festival. "Awh well.. I might as well get some food before I head over.. Let's see how this goes."

Alright there's a god-damn limit to how much a girl can take. After almost 20 minutes of being ignored (mainly because she was scared of talking to people), or just having that much of a hard time trying to get them to give her a piece of paper to write on, Raygen gave up. Frustrated beyond her limits, with herself and with these dumb Americans, she decided just to head to the petting zoo. Raygen looked around to see if there was any indication on where it might be, after seeing none, she just went with her gut. This was working fine until she spotted something shiny on the ground, she quickly made her way over to it and picked it up. She turned over the smooth, silver square in her hand, a little confused as to what it was. "Awh well.. I'll hand it in to admin later.." She told herself before she finally found where the petting zoo was.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back