• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom High School DxD ReBorN OOC

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
*Looks at Lephres ask Male members of peerage to rub feet*

Mikhail:*This user has left the chat*

Its really hard to react to mentions when there's a dozen posts from same person before I even get a chance to respond. Been asleep then work and a full page of posts in meantime.

Also can we get a link to the Main RP and Character Sheets at the top of the thread for easier navigation?

Its really hard to react to mentions when there's a dozen posts from same person before I even get a chance to respond. Been asleep then work and a full page of posts in meantime.

Also can we get a link to the Main RP and Character Sheets at the top of the thread for easier navigation?
Sure.

I'll be home in 30m so can try and slot myself into whatever happens in the meantime

Tempted to make a second character using Asterios from Fate. Give him a Sacred Gear that Manipulates Earth for example and he can create Labyrinths.

1605645968626.png

Had ideas for other characters but was trying to keep it to just the one for now since bit iffy on some of the world lore overall.

Tempted to make a second character using Asterios from Fate. Give him a Sacred Gear that Manipulates Earth for example and he can create Labyrinths.

View attachment 808280
Go for it.
Had ideas for other characters but was trying to keep it to just the one for now since bit iffy on some of the world lore overall.
Feel free to ask any questions if you have any.

Its more about the structure of devil society and what the occult club is, like is it a single peerage? And what do they do? Also how do angels play into this? Like attacks against each other but not on neutral ground or what?.

PlusUltra PlusUltra

Peerages
In the anime, the occult club was one peerage which the MC's are apart of. The other Peerage in the school was the Student Council. Its not a neccessity, but rather two ways for the peerages to remain together during school without drawing too much attention to themselves. Honestly in the anime they show little to no actual 'Occult Research' as its just a 'front' for their activities and an effective cover if ordinary humans were to somehow catch wind of their 'devilness'.

Attacks
Angel / Fallen angel attacks in the anime tend to occur within a separate time and space. A mirror realm so to speak, that is either cast by the attackers or those being attacked. For the most part, the attackers will create the separate mirror realm (which will immediately alert friend/foe in the vicinity that something iffy is happening) largely because each faction 'needs' the humans for one reason or another. Angels require prayer and faith for example, devils require contracts etc. Also the problem of 're-populating' their own race. Each factions have their own problems when it comes to re-populating their numbers after the great war.

The only exception would be if a specific individual does not care about the human race and thus just attacks without creating a mirror realm. This would however largely draw the ire of every faction to an extent, even their own.

Attacks can also occur within each race's own 'home realm', like a standard invasion.

In the anime, the Student Council and the Occult Research club have been noted to use their magic to repair any damages that do occur outside of the mirror realm. I believe, but could be wrong on this but its also implied that they can make humans 'forget', sort of like a neuralizer from Men in Black. In S1, the MC forgets about a fallen angel for awhile.

Hierarchy,

There were originally 72 Demon Families of Pure bloods, but a large number died out after the war or had their blood mixed with other families. Currently, they are ruled by the 4 great Satans. Members of households that 'adopt' one of the great Satan names as their own. They aren't actually from the family, so its sort of like a Managerial title more than anything else.

Lucifer, Beelzebub, Leviathan and Asmodeus are the cannon 4 Great Satan Names.

Right, so is a contract like paying with soul to boost Demonic power? Or just a reputation thing?

Also does the type of contract/person they make the contract with effect it? If so what denotes a higher tier contract person wise? There status/intrinsic power or something?

Ie making it with John Doe vs making it with a notable historic hero or a high ranking goverment/human royal?

Right, so is a contract like paying with soul to boost Demonic power? Or just a reputation thing?

Also does the type of contract/person they make the contract with effect it? If so what denotes a higher tier contract person wise? There status/intrinsic power or something?

Ie making it with John Doe vs making it with a notable historic hero or a high ranking goverment/human royal?
Contracts are essentially doing something for a human in which they sign the contract after you've done it. Contracts increases power and standing in the Underworld. And yes, if the customer is someone with great power and influence, it can alter how many points you can get from a contract and slightly speed up the process to ranking up.

They only touch on Contracts lightly, but I'd assume that an 'important' person would have a more difficult task/wish and thus need a more experienced Demon in order to fulfill that requirement.

Specialties will also come into play. I think Kiba was 'popular' with females due to his appearance and Gentleman/Knightly demeanour.

So would it be possible to do contracts that are not actually submitted to whoever contracts are normally handed to? Like forgetting to hand them to Hells Administration/Beacrucy etc.

If you didn't submit your contracts you wouldn't gain any progress. You would have no given or stored proof of your work.

Right so that makes sense and fits for Medai, pretty much has been doing contacts etc, and has not been filing her paperwork.

Works for me, I know Menai has her thing, but are sacred gears suppose to harm Devils on contact like holy items? Just so I'm clear on the lore.

Is it a actual one with myths? Or one made for this RP? Just incase there's more I should know.

Is it a actual one with myths? Or one made for this RP? Just incase there's more I should know.

Sumarbrandr is the sword that used to belong to the Norse God Frey, who is the God of Summer and King of the Light Elves
In myth his sword is the sharpest in all the Nine Worlds and can wield itself
He gave it up to score some hot Giantess ass and will eventually be killed by it during Ragnarok

This is all Myth
I flavored it with some of the other myths like how it cuts through space/time and can be used like Mjolnir to fly
It also speaks all languages but doesn't do sign language because it has neither eyes nor ears

Works for me, I know Menai has her thing, but are sacred gears suppose to harm Devils on contact like holy items? Just so I'm clear on the lore.

Sacred Gears are essentially tools that are bestowed upon Human / Human Hybrids. The original God created them as a system which would be the source of 'Miracles' on earth. Devils, Angels, Fallen Angels etc that are classed as Pure-blooded will never be born with them according to OC lore. The only way these races get them is through the resurrection of a human/human hybrid that was originally born with it, or through a ritual that would kill the 'current' original wielder of that sacred gear. If a User dies with it, that particular Sacred gear goes back into the 'cycle' and someone else may be born with it.

They can but are not limited to items that generally do appear in mythology. I.e. The Nemean Lion from the Trials of Hercules is a Sacred Gear Weapon. The White and Red dragon from Welsh Folklore are sacred gears also.

Sacred Gears in general do not have any special affects against demons etc. The exceptions are if the sacred gear's 'flavor text' states it. For example if the Crucifix that Jesus was crucified on was to be a sacred gear, its completely feasible that it would have 'Holy' Properties and thus be harmful towards demons.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back