• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern High School Detectives!!!

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Other
Here

NekoQueen49

女王の猫
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
My Interest Check
Time: 5:46, Thursday
Weather: Clear

Wesley stood on the red sand of the track field, tapping his foot impatiently. Even if it was only 5:46, he had assumed that there would already be some people getting here by now. No, he couldn't be too impatient. Impatience wasn't a good quality to have in a detective. Everything would come in good time. Well, even if Wes told himself that, he wasn't able to stop himself from tapping his foot still and checking his watch every 10 seconds. But then even Johann had showed up yet. Maybe he was recruiting more people but knowing him, Wes doubted it.

He had already checked the art room several times over the past two days for any clues but it seemed impossible with the teacher sending him out every time he tried. Wes thought that he would surely get a chance during lunch but apparently teachers ate their lunch at their desk. How was he supposed to know that? But... That was the real reason that he needed a group of people. His own face and Johann's had been memorized as troublemakers. Even if it was mostly Wes dragging him around. Wes had hoped that with a group they'd be able to stage a group project for history or something. As it was, the only clue that Wes gotten a peek at was the open window.

Impatiently Wes checked the time once again.

Last edited:
"Tell me again why we're doing this?" Ciro said, annoyance clear in his tone. "No, wait, tell me why I'm doing this?" He looked down at his little sister with a quirked eyebrow.

"Because you're my big brother and you love me?" Amara tried, shooting her brother a toothy grin. Ciro just gave her a look.

The two siblings stood at the gate that lead to the track field. The younger of the two fiddled with her hands nervously and swayed side to side as she tried to keep herself concentrating. Ciro on the other hand was contemplating walking back to his car and taking a nap, leaving his little sister here in the process. If it wasn't obvious enough, he didn't want to be here.

Amara sighed and ran a hand through her messy hair. "Look, Ci, I wanted to see what this Wes guy knows about the art stuff, and I got too nervous to go by myself. Look! You don't even have to participate, you're just here so I don't end up making a fool of my self! So please please please can you stay?" she asked, her voice softer than before.

Ciro stared into his sister's brown eyes, a frown on his face. "Uggghhh, you're so lucky I can't say no to you," he muttered, defeated. "C'mon, let's go." He through his arm over her shoulder and began to lead the way through the gate and to the field where Wesley was standing.

Amara grinned widely and walked with a pep in her step, "Have I ever told you that you're the greatest person in the world?" "Flattery will get you everywhere, Mara." The two shared a laugh together.

Wes looked up from his watch to see not only one but two people approaching him. He grinned brightly at the pair, waving almost wildly. Stepping off of the actual track and onto the cement that made a pathway, Wes closed the distance between them in his excitement. From farther away they looked like a couple especially with the guy's arm over the girl's shoulders but as he came closer, the similarities between their features became more apparent. Sure his skin was a bit lighter than her's but the way their faces were shaped made it obvious that they had to be related. Since Wes was a detective, he could easily tell these things of course.

When Wes came within a few feet of them, he skidded to a stop in front of them. Some might have said that he was uncomfortably close. "Hey guys! You're here to join my investigation, right?! Awesome!" He cheered before they even had a chance to speak. "You're the first ones here! Man, I'm so excited! You can call me Wes, by the way. Who are you guys?"
rattyray rattyray

Amara accidentally let a squeak leave her mouth when, who she assumed was, Wesley appeared in front of them. She avoided eye contact and suddenly her shoes became the most interesting thing at the moment. Ciro raised a curious eyebrow at the boy and let a "tsk" sound leave his mouth before looking down at his sister so she would answer his question. He squeezed her shoulder gently as encouragement.

Amara cleared her throat and glanced up at the blonde boy before her. "I - uh - I'm Amara Shepard and this is my brother Ciro," she said, her voice quiet. She could feel her anxiety getting heavier with each passing second. Ciro gave a small nod in Wesley's direction. Deciding to take some of the attention off of her Ciro said, "Some of her work was stolen from the art room. That's why we're here." Ciro could already tell by Wesley's attitude and energy that this was going to be an . . . interesting experience.
[ NekoQueen49 NekoQueen49 ]

Ah! So they were related! Of course Wes was right, was there any doubt at all?

He nodded to himself after hearing the reason for them being here. "I'm sorry for your loss Amara. We'll do our best to get your art back," he assured her. "It's too bad I couldn't crack the case with just Johann and me but those teachers, man. With an art student here, I'm sure it'll be easier to access the art room and look for clues. Hopefully we'll get more people here. It's too bad I couldn't get those cupcakes but, dang, those were a disaster last time, lemme tell ya. But who knows what's gonna happen, it's only..." he gave a quick glance at his watch, "6:49."
rattyray rattyray

A hand abruptly took hold of Wesley's collar, pulling him a few steps back from Amara and Ciro. "Personal space, Wes, do you know what that means or do I have to explain it to you for the umpteenth time?" A male voice followed the intervention of a newcomer into the scene, none other than Johann himself, already taking care to assure he was not ruining everything before this meeting officially started. Well, he hoped that was the case, he wouldn't call two people a substantial addition to the investigation so to speak, if he was speaking realistically here. He let go of his friend and classmate before he proceeded to formally introduce himself. He knew better than to set a good example than to have good manners in front of strangers, though he could swear he could recognize their faces somewhere. Johann was not one to forget an attractive face, after all.

"Sorry if this guy came across a bit too strong, it's really just how he is, please don't take it the wrong way. I'm Johann Kye, his, er, 'assistant'? I've been helping Wes for a while with the ... 'investigations'." The frequent use of emphasis on his part was telling, he was well-aware of it. They should make it of it what they wished, if they so cared. "I'm not too late, am I? I left practice in a rush." He inquired Wesley before taking out his phone and checking the screen.

Wes pouted as he rubbed his sore neck from his friend's rough treatment. "There are better ways of reminding me, Jo," he said sulkily before he brightened almost immediately. "And it's all good. You still got here early. Ten minutes early, basically. As expected from my Watson," Wes teased. He knew exactly what type of person Johann was and he had to be an idiot not notice the way he put emphasis on things. The thing was, Wes also knew that his friend wouldn't have come in the first place if he didn't care. He tried to bury it of course, but Wes knew. Besides, mocking each other was a fundamental part of their relationship. Wes was beyond taking it to heart.

"Anyways, there are things we can discuss while waiting for anyone else who wants to join. Motivation, for example. Why would people want to steal art? Money? Revenge? Personally, I have a theory that the teachers are behind it. Why else would they prevent me from studying the crime scene? I smell a conspiracy!"
rattyray rattyray RANGYOKU RANGYOKU

Amara couldn't help but to feel a bit hopeful when Wesley reassured her about her art work. All the teachers have been telling her is that they're sorry and there was nothing that they could do. It was nice to hear something different for a change.

She let her eyes dance between the two friends. The two were an interesting duo. Their dynamic reminded her of she and Ciro when they were younger. A small smile made its way to her face. "Hi, I'm Amara," she said quietly. "Ciro," he introduced, with a short hum. Now that he thinks about it, he has seen the two boys around before.

Ciro dropped his arm from around Amara's shoulder and crossed his arms, curiosity filling his expression at Wesley's accusations. "Maybe they don't want some nosy sophomore poking around and messing things up even further?" he inquired bluntly. Amara glared up at her brother and hit his shoulder. "Don't be rude," she hissed at him. "You should know me well enough to know that that wasn't me being rude," he said nonchalantly.

Amara rolled her eyes at her brother and huffed a bit. She looked back at the two boys before her and gave a sheepish smile, a silent apology. "Well, now that you mention it I did find it weird that the principle would brush this off so quickly," she said as she fiddled with the ends of her hair nervously.

[ NekoQueen49 NekoQueen49 RANGYOKU RANGYOKU ]

Johann graced his "partner" with a mocking smirk while placing back his phone inside his pocket, well-acquainted with his flair for the dramatic and how sensitive he was, either by handling him a bit roughier than usual or have the teachers interfering with his affairs. It was as if the world revolved around Wesley McMillian, but who was he to talk when the guy had him pretty much wrapped around his little finger? Not that he would ever admit to anyone's face, of course.

His response to the siblings' introduction, a deduction he came to although not as quickly as Wesley, was but a small nod of acknowledgement. Short and sweet, just the way he liked it. The dark-haired male was quick to respond to Ciro's accusation with a short laugh. "No, no, Amara, I'd say he might even not be too far off on that." Of course, he was teasing Wesley again but the newcomer made a good point, as well as his sister afterwards. He decided to give his two-cents about it. "Adults around here don't really inspire that much care into the students beyond what goes into their paychecks. Not to mention brushing this under the rug saves the man the trouble of dealing with complaints from someone of a higher authority." He paused, putting two and two together. "Some of the stolen artwork is yours, right? Who got word of it? Just the school?".

"Yeah, a few paintings of mine were taken," Amara said, her tone a little dejected. Being in this art class gave Amara new way of expressing herself without words. It was refreshing and one of the things she looked forward to during the day. When she first got word of what happened she was completely crushed, and the teachers' lack of interest only seemed to make things worse. "Well yeah, just the teachers on the hall knew at first. The once Mrs. Daniels, the art teacher, broke the news to us everything else got spread," she said with a light sigh.

Ciro couldn't see the teachers doing it - what reason did they have to - but he decided to keep his thoughts in his head, for now at least. He's only here to spectate and be "moral support", as Amara would describe it. He glanced at his watched and bit the inside of his cheek to suppress his sigh when he noticed not much time had gone by. This was gonna take forever, he could already tell.

Wes hummed at the conversation, not at all offended by the accusation that he might just be annoying. He had heard it all the time. Instead, he clasped his chin with his finger and thumb in a thinking position. Laziness was one thing but outright preventing an investigation was another. A lot of people were hurt by missing artwork, including Amara. "If it was just complaints that the principal and teachers are worried about, then what about the complaints from concerned parents? They still have to still deal with those. And even though they might just play it off as delinquency, there are still going to be a lot of upset people if the situation continues as unresolved. After all, if the culprit gets away with it, then what's going to prevent other people trying to steal even more things? Why don't they even call the cops? While it gives me the opportunity to shine, you can't deny that absolutely no effort is strange."

The blonde looked around at the group thoughtfully before tilting his head up to the sky. "Ahhh... What a case! I can't wait to see how it plays out! This is so exciting!"
RANGYOKU RANGYOKU rattyray rattyray

"My point exactly." Johann knew Wesley would never fail to follow up on his unrivaled knack for thinking up ahead. He felt akin to a proud parent looking over his child as he proceeded to expand upon what could the adults play into this whole affair. Stolen artwork, on an academic level, was hardly a target he'd consider valuable, which left him somewhat perplexed at the thief's choice. Although he refrained from putting his thoughts into words, knowing how it could be taken as an insult on Amara's end, it was clear from his expression alone that he found this whole thing very dubious, much like the 'detective' by his side.

"Yeah, I wouldn't be so thrilled at the prospect of someone getting their hard work stolen. Try to read the mood, would you?" Shaking his head, but knowing he'd do little to affect his enthusiasm, he gave Amara an apologetic haf-grimace, half-smile, apologizing on his behalf. This was getting far too much of a déjà vu for him.

Although a bit curious about it, she purposefully ignored Wesley's excitement. "So, uh, I'm guessing by your email that you've already started poking your nose around?" Amara questioned the blonde but immediately back tracked. "Not that that's a bad thing or anything! I was just saying! You totally seem like the type to be very persistent with uh whatever you do? Man that must get tiring sometimes, huh. Don't you think-" she rambled on quickly, but luckily Ciro shoved her shoulder gently to stop her before she could go any further. She waved her hand around and gave a nervous laugh. "Sorry but that's beyond the point, I was gonna say, uh, what have you manage to find out already Wes?" she questioned, her face hot from embarrassment.

Ciro couldn't help but to rolled his eyes at his sister. He can't say he wasn't surprised by this whole meeting, though. By the email Amara showed him he thought this whole thing was a joke, but by the looks of how things are going so far they'er taking this pretty seriously.

[ NekoQueen49 NekoQueen49 RANGYOKU RANGYOKU ]

"Oops, ehehe," Wes chuckled, rubbing the back of my head. He sometimes forgot himself. He had to be more careful for Amara's sake. However, by her next words she didn't seem too bothered by his slip-up.

"Oh, yeah, I tried investigating but I didn't get too far because, again, of the teachers. Over the past two days, all I could gather was that the window was open in the art room the day of the crime and the door was locked." That little tidbit came from Mrs. Daniels, the art teacher herself. She didn't mean to give that up but it happened to slip out. "So that evidence goes against my teacher theory because teachers usually have the keys to their room. Unless they happened to lose them so it's still a possibility. But that also means that they had to sneak out of the room with at least 20 paintings which means that there were probably more than one person committing the crime. In all reality, all we can do at this point is theorize until we can get more clues."
rattyray rattyray RANGYOKU RANGYOKU

16-year-old Steve Freeling had run a couple of laps around the field mostly just to kill time when he noticed Wesley McMillan huddled with some other teens. Isn't that Ciro from Book Club? The dark-haired, blue-eyed teenage boy, known for his towering height and slender frame, wore a yellow T-shirt layered over by a 90-95% zipped bright red leather jacket with rolled sleeves, Levi Strauss blue jeans and a pair of white New Balance sneakers. He'd received the same email everyone else had and come to the track field at about a quarter after five in order to wait. The meeting must have just started. Steve walked over to the assembled group, just managing to hear "theorize until we can get more clues."

"Is that you again, Wes?" Steve's deep voice rang out in an amicably teasing tone before he closed the distance between himself and the group.
"Let's see..." There was one theory that had crossed Steve's mind. "Did any of the artists have enemies who would do something like this?" His voice now took on a more serious tone.

NekoQueen49 NekoQueen49 rattyray rattyray

Akio strolled slowly through the fake grass, his attention set on the group of students up ahead. The weather was chilly, but he had eventually learnt to get used to the cold. "Because... My only painting was stolen." He replied simply, offering Akari a frown before realizing he needed to clarify. "I don't study art, but I recently started painting during the breaks where you were busy, and I ended up leaving it there..." Akio nodded after, albeit a slow and depressed one.

When they were just meters away from the group, Akio kept his head down and simply listened to the conversation that was happening. Not wanting to use his voice, he nudged Akira and beckoned for her to speak in behalf of him, offering the most pleasing look he could muster.

rgjgjew rgjgjew

Ciro was honestly getting a bit bored, so of course he resulted to looking around and trying to find something to catch his attention. It didn't take him long to catch the familiar face of Steve Freeling nearing closer to them. They're in the same club, Book Club, so he's somewhat acquainted with the boy. He was a bit surprised because he would've never thought that he come to join this . . . group. "Never took you as the detective type Steve," Ciro said and trailed off with a playful chuckle.

Amara's eyebrows furrowed together at the newcomers question. She was pretty friendly with the people in her Art Club and even the people in her art class, but no one really mentioned having problems with other people. Now that he mentions it Amara does have a group of people that she could consider enemies but they would never stoop that low, at least she hoped they wouldn't. For now she just kept quiet about it. "Uh, not that I know of," she said trailing off, she obviously sounded a bit off.
[ Steve Freeling Steve Freeling NekoQueen49 NekoQueen49 ]

Wes looked up with a grin at Steve as he approached. He had known Steveefore from a few instances before this one as. Wes greatly respected his other classmate. "Heeeeyyy, Steve! How ya doin, bud?" He greeted as he came up to the group.

Wes glanced at Ciro when he added his statement with a small amount of surprise even though he really shouldn't have been. Steve was a pretty popular person. Not as popular as Wes of course.

However before he could contribute his thoughts on possible enemies, two more people walked up. To Wes, they seemed very... dark. Not only in clothing but in aura. That didn't stop Wes from waving happily at the second pair. "Hey welcome to our detective group. We were just talking about possible motives and enemies before we went to the scene of the crime."
rattyray rattyray Steve Freeling Steve Freeling Fizz Fizz rgjgjew rgjgjew

"Pretty good; I'll be doin' even better once catch the bastards and ship their asses off to jail," the tall boy replied with a smirk. While there was a slightly playful tone in Steve's voice, a good deal of seriousness could also be ascertained as it was known to anyone who knew him that stealing was contradictory to Steve's most deeply-rooted moral principles.

"More to me than meets the eye, huh?" Steve replied to Ciro's remark with a grin and an amicable tone.

"Okay, then we'll just see what the investigation uncovers. After all, we have several artists we can interview about this." Steve could tell something was obviously bothering Amara, but he decided not to push it. He guessed she'd likely talk about it when she was ready, anyway.

Akio and Akari seemed to have a cloud of depression hanging over them, but Steve thought this made perfect sense considering what had happened to them. He still remembered all too well being twelve years old and hearing about what happened. Lord knows it can't be easy waking up in the morning to find out some sadistic bastard brutally murdered your parents during the night. Not to mention they never caught the sick son of a bitch. Over something as trivial as money, too. That really was a senseless killing.
Steve threw out a brief "Hi," knowing full well and respecting the fact that neither Arai sibling cared much for verbal speech, before turning back to the matter at hand.
"Okay, so... What exactly are we looking for?"

NekoQueen49 NekoQueen49 rattyray rattyray Fizz Fizz rgjgjew rgjgjew

Users who are viewing this thread

Back