• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom High-Rise Invasion: The Roleplay

SilverDingo

Full Moon/Full Life
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)

Cities are monuments to mankind. Large landscapes that spread endlessly outward, decorated with steel and glass reaching up into the sky like trees or gravestones. Humanity built these places, perhaps as a sign of hubris, or perhaps as a simple reminder of mankind's achievements. They're in our cities, standing tall above us, and spread out in grids.

One day, you close your eyes, and find your nose assaulted by unfamiliar smells. Perhaps it's the sterile scent of cleaning solution, perhaps it's the smell of plywood, or even the musty smell of an office. You open your eyes to find yourself in an unfamiliar environment. Outside the window, you're on an upper floor of a skyscraper, an unfamiliar skyline stretches out, culminating in a large tower that stretches up to the heavens. In a panic, you might head to a stairwell. Going down a few stairs, you run into a brick wall. A sign hangs on it, blocking access further down.

unknown.png

Out of the corner of your eye, you see a shape moving towards you...

What IS this?

91P9jSqDpxL.jpg

High Rise Invasion, or Tenkuu Shinpan, is a manga from 2013 about individuals who wake up in a "pocket universe" type deal made up of skyscrapers. While there, they must learn to survive the Masked People who wander around killing those without masks, other survivors they meet, their own minds succumbing to depression and despair, and the crippling height of the buildings. The buildings are connected via suspension bridges that lead to the roofs of other buildings. Inside, the buildings are stocked and restocked of food and other supplies. Every 24 hours, a helicopter lands on a roof to pick up one individual. Masks can be found in boxes, and when put on, they turn an individual into one of the Angels, or Mask Wearing beings.

The Masks

The Masks

latest.png

Within this world, there are beings who wear masks. They carry weapons, and chase those who don't wear masks. They appear to act similarly to dexterous zombies, however, once their masks are somehow removed or broken, they return to normal. When they're on the roof they (mostly) will not attack those without masks, and instead rely on pushing their prey to the point of jumping off themselves.

Mechanics

This is a Survival Horror RP based on the series Tenkuu Shinpan. Characters will be taken from their daily lives, and implanted in this world, with only the clothes off of their backs, and whatever else they had... within reason. (For example, a cop might start with a pistol, but not a lot of ammo.) If you die, you can create a new character, and if your character puts on a mask, you can either hand them to me as the GM until they die/get the mask removed, or keep using them. There will be some more that come into play as the RP Goes on.

Another thing: All characters must either speak or be Japanese themselves. The roleplay will be done in English, but since it IS a Manga and Anime, most of the information would be in Japanese. Bit of a weird quirk, but whatever.

Rules

1. All Site Rules Apply
2. If there are any problems, ask me. Please keep all OoC out of the IC and Vice Versa.
3. Please post at least once a week. If there's an issue with posting, mention it to me and we can work it out. Real Live > Roleplay. I myself am a College Student so I have a pretty packed schedule.
4. No godmodding or Metagaming.

Characters

Appearance:

Name:

Personality
:

Background:

Job
: (AKA, What were you doing when you got dragged)

Equipment: (Items you would have on you as part of your job)

Observed Strengths: (you can have up to five, however, you must have an equal number of weaknesses for balance.)

Observed Weaknesses: (No limit on these, however, a minimum limit of three)

Other:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back