• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Hide & Seek (Small group rp.)

Lovable Dark-side

I might be a scarf. Who knows?
Hide & Seek

It's only....

A simple game.

(This ritual is something I made up and is loosely based off of Hide and Seek alone. Please do not think of this as real and try to attempt it. For I believe that if someone believes in something enough it will happen. So, please be careful. THIS IS ALL FICTION)

You and your friends have been hearing rumors lately. Rumors of a simple ritual have been floating in the air, only spoken about in harsh whispers under your breath, or when you and a few others are alone. Most find it stupid not even worth trying, others find it frightening and are to scared to try. Then there is you. You and probably other people as well find it fascinating. A real rush. Its a game, a simple game. Once known by children all around the world. Hide & Seek. Though with a special little twist. A demon shall be playing with you.

Even though the thought of this game is intriguing you rather not take part of it alone, and discard the rumors completely until you find a note that had been left for you to see (where varies depending on your character.) It states that you and some others have been invited to play the game and if you accept the invite to appear at the old elementary school at 2:30 A.M. It will begin once 5 people show up and 3 A.M hits.

The Ritual.

The ritual is simple and easy to do. One can not easily mess up at it. Find a doll, it doesn't matter what it looks like. Shape, color, material. All are unimportant for it will change its form into what looks like a human being around the age of the one who summons it. It will look almost completely normal, except its eyes. They will be either red or yellow. The whites of their eyes, black. To summon the demon all you need to do is rub the dolls eyes with oil of any type, then say a simple chant " I summon for a simple game, a game of hide and seek. If you find me my body is yours to take." , as you light sandalwood scented candles, a candle for each player You must burn a piece of hair in your candle as your do this. Once the creature appears your have 3 minutes to hide. Both you and whoever is with you. The objective of the game is not to be found. If found the demon will possess your body and go after the rest of the players, it will continue switching bodies, leaving the other bodies it had once possessed empty of all life. You must survive seven days from sunset to sunrise. The hours

in between are your grace period which you are allowed to rest. But once those hours are up the demon will appear in the body of the person that it had last found and restart the game until your are all dead or the seven days have passed.

The Rules of the game.

1. You can't hide/go into/have holy places/objects. Penalty: the amount of time that the game goes on is extended by three days, and one of the days grace periods are shorten to 3 hours.

2. Two people may not hide in more than one spot. They can hide near each other, but not in the same place. (Ex: Two can hide in the same room, but not both in the closet.) Penalty: The next grace period it shorten to 3 hours..

3. The demon itself can't try to convince you to tell you where the others are. Penalty: You receive an extended grace period, or are allowed one less day to play the game. So instead of 7 you only have to play 6.

4. You can't try to bribe the demon with the locations of others upon being found. Penalty: Death.

5. You can't seek help from those outside the game. Penalty: The ending of the game and the death of all players.

6. No caffeine. Penalty: The lost of your entire grace period for one day.

7. No weapons. Penalty: The end of the game and extermination of the play who attempts to use the weapon. (This includes Guns, Knifes, Forks, Salt, Crosses, Sacred objects, Prayers/chants, The color red, Red thread, Rowan, Sage, Jupiter, Wearing ones clothing inside out, and certain types of metal.)

8. All of those who are still living must meet at the place where the ritual was first done at the end of each grace period. Penalty: The execution of each player who does not show up. No matter the circumstances.

Character sheet.

Appearance:

Name:

Where did you find your invitation?:

Fears:

Dislikes:

Religion:

Strengths:

Friends/Family? any relationships inside or outside the game:

Personality:

Bio(Optional):

Rules

1.God modding is forbidden.

2. No Mary/Gary Sues/Stus.

3. Be respectful.

4. No one liners. I want a paragraph at least.

5. Be creative and feel free to add stuff. As long as it doesn't interfere with the main plot.

6. Be respectful.

7. Write (I accept.) in the color red in your character sheet if you have read the rules.

8. Have fun.

9. Romance is allowed, but don't allow it to over take the rp.

10. Ask questions if you are confused, or need help.

11. I will be playing the demon, but also a character in the game. I will randomly pick three people and will will vote who will become the demon next.

12. Character limit is 2 per a person, but if you character dies you may makes a new one up to three times.

P.S. The game rules up above are optional in following.

(Link:http://www.rpnation.com/threads/hide-seek.70087/)

Last edited by a moderator:
I love this ritual.. Heard of it before, but it's actually hide and seek alone :D Aren't you supposed to fill the doll with salt...

Ech I'm interested!

Yeah, I've definitely heard of this. There was a vocaloid song about it that had be up all night once. I'd love to take part in this. Hopefully this roleplay will last until the end. Also, since this is a very time-based game, who will keep track of the time? If you, what if you're not on, and how should it be measured?

Okay, to answer most questions the rp and ritual are only loosely based off the song and the game itself, so i did make some... Well a lot of changes to it. As more the keeping of time. Hmmmmm, well I guess that will kept by me and other rper who is willing to help while I'm offline which is usually anytime before 4 on most days because school. The will be measure by days so we dont rush anyone.

So two real days for one day in the rp. This includes the grace periods or we can just leave to when we feel the whole day has gone on long enough. Whatever feels better with you guys

@David Parks @Necrominac

Also i am on my stupid phone do sorry bad spelling and grammar

Confused as well..

Maybe you should make a thread good sir :D  
This is merely the interest check you are doing here

Users who are viewing this thread

Back