• When posting, please be aware that artistic nudity is still nudity and not allowed under RpNation rules. Please edit your pictures accordingly!

Remember to credit artists when using work not your own.

Help Hidden Scroll bar using divs?

I've been using the bg tags to make the hidden scroll, if there a way to do it with divs?
wait... how have you been doing that? And yes, although its just the smaller box on top of the text box. As for css solution, it only works for microsoft browsers and chrome, and are very very obscure properties.

Yes there is! Here it is
Code:
[div=position: relative;width: calc(100%  - 0px);height: 170px;overflow: hidden;background-color: transparent;padding: 0px;][div=width: 100%;padding-right: 145px;height: 100%;overflow-y: scroll;font-align: justify;font-width: bold;]text
[/div][/div]

wait... how have you been doing that? And yes, although its just the smaller box on top of the text box. As for css solution, it only works for microsoft browsers and chrome, and are very very obscure properties.
It's the same as the div but with two bg tags instead and some other things. Everyone was using it before everyone found out about the divs. It's the ones that aren't mobile friendly. I'm pretty sure yunn was one of the first to figure it out

It's the same as the div but with two bg tags instead and some other things. Everyone was using it before everyone found out about the divs. It's the ones that aren't mobile friendly. I'm pretty sure yunn was one of the first to figure it out
oh, ok. I thought there was some special bg color stuff. I was just surprised.

A slightly more advanced but mobile friendly version:

A scroll is usually divided up into pages, which are sometimes separate sheets of papyrus or parchment glued together at the edges, or may be marked divisions of a continuous roll of writing material. The scroll is usually unrolled so that one page is exposed at a time, for writing or reading, with the remaining pages rolled up to the left and right of the visible page. It is unrolled from side to side, and the text is written in lines from the top to the bottom of the page. Depending on the language, the letters may be written left to right, right to left, or alternating in direction (boustrophedon).

[div=width: 350px; height: 180px; box-sizing: border-box; overflow: hidden; background-color: #fdf9f7; padding: 10px;][div=width: 100%; height: 100%; overflow-y: scroll; padding-right: 150px;]A scroll is usually divided up into pages, which are sometimes separate sheets of papyrus or parchment glued together at the edges, or may be marked divisions of a continuous roll of writing material. The scroll is usually unrolled so that one page is exposed at a time, for writing or reading, with the remaining pages rolled up to the left and right of the visible page. It is unrolled from side to side, and the text is written in lines from the top to the bottom of the page. Depending on the language, the letters may be written left to right, right to left, or alternating in direction (boustrophedon).[/div][/div]

They're likely referring to the fact that you can add properties to other tags.

Like so
[bg=grey; border: 2px solid green; color: white; width: 70%]

A slightly more advanced but mobile friendly version:

A scroll is usually divided up into pages, which are sometimes separate sheets of papyrus or parchment glued together at the edges, or may be marked divisions of a continuous roll of writing material. The scroll is usually unrolled so that one page is exposed at a time, for writing or reading, with the remaining pages rolled up to the left and right of the visible page. It is unrolled from side to side, and the text is written in lines from the top to the bottom of the page. Depending on the language, the letters may be written left to right, right to left, or alternating in direction (boustrophedon).

[div=width: 350px; height: 180px; box-sizing: border-box; overflow: hidden; background-color: #fdf9f7; padding: 10px;][div=width: 100%; height: 100%; overflow-y: scroll; padding-right: 150px;]A scroll is usually divided up into pages, which are sometimes separate sheets of papyrus or parchment glued together at the edges, or may be marked divisions of a continuous roll of writing material. The scroll is usually unrolled so that one page is exposed at a time, for writing or reading, with the remaining pages rolled up to the left and right of the visible page. It is unrolled from side to side, and the text is written in lines from the top to the bottom of the page. Depending on the language, the letters may be written left to right, right to left, or alternating in direction (boustrophedon).[/div][/div]

They're likely referring to the fact that you can add properties to other tags.

Like so
[bg=grey; border: 2px solid green; color: white; width: 70%]
Oh, just the CSS injection, that makes more sense.

I don't want to take over this thread with my opinion, but I would just like to say I personally consider it bad practice to hide the scrollbar. Somebody looking at Ictora's div in the context of a larger post might not even realize the area is scrollable. And even if they do, they won't have an idea of the size of the content. Certainly it's a nice effect, but there have been many times I wished the author of some code had included at least a small hint that the content was scrollable.

Themeable scrollbars within posts are something I would like to implement at some point in the future, if I can work out a safe way to do it.

Lyro Lyro , I also wanted to add in that on mobile, regardless of using a hidden scroll or a regular scroll bar, every code that uses a scroll won't have a scroll bar appear. (I just noticed and realized it even when I was using the scroll bar code, div, and customizese accordion. This is also true when coding on mobile as well, eep.) So definitely using a note would efficiently help others know to scroll some more.

Lyro Lyro , I forgot to add in, customizeable scrollbars would be pretty cool! I know someone had done like a bg or div version of a color scroll. So having that option and a safe way to make customizable scrolls with width and color would be awesome!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back