• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Legends in the Making: A League of Legends D&D 5e Campaign (1 Slots Left!)

GinkyGotBack

A Very Good Boy
Premise
Okay, the most important thing to keep in mind is that this is 100% still a work in progress. This isn't so much a recruitment thread as it is a genuine interest check thread. I'm throwing this out here mostly just to see if anyone would actually be interested in it. I know people are really into D&D 5e around here, like, really into it, but I haven't seen any interest in League of Legends on this site as of late. So anyway, if this is something you'd find yourself interested in, just let me know down below so I don't feel so lonely in my love of Runeterra and its lore. Also, if you have any ideas on things to add such as race or class options or questions, or if you just feel like geeking out with me don't hesitate!

My ultimate goal is to make it so that the campaign is accessible to everyone! You won't need to have any experience in one medium or the other to be able to join the campaign. If you're a D&D veteran with no experience with LoL, flaunt your knowledge of the system and help new players to learn the rules! If you're an LoL lore aficionado, lord your encyclopedic mind and educate the ignorant mortals of the lore of the land at every twist and turn! Just be nice about it, okay? If you're not a LoL fan, a lot of the stuff below isn't going to make a whole lot of sense, but just bear with me, okay?

So, I guess the first thing I'll talk about is what I have accomplished so far and the things I've yet to get done:

Firstly, we'll talk about characters and character creation as it's arguably one of the most important aspects of D&D. For race options, I have a sadly limited selection of only five playable races as of yet. Most of them are simply reskins of preexisting races, while others have been kept as is.

Races
Starting us off, we have Humans that are 100% alike to their normal D&D 5e counterparts. I guess that doesn't really make them counterparts if they're exactly the same, but whatever. You can choose between your standard Human that gives you +1 to all stat scores and the Variant Human that we all know and love. No big surprise there. Examples of Human champions are... well, there are a lot of them. Most of them are humans.

Next, we have Golems! Golems were the latest addition to the race options as I wasn't even sure how I could make them as a playable race. Luckily, the Warforged exist! So that's what they are! Golems use the same stats and racial features as Warforged as they are no doubt as close as you can get to playing an automaton in D&D 5e. No matter what kind of Golem you play, be it a steam golem like Blitzcrank, a petricite golem like Galio, an elemental golem like Malphite, or a technological one like Orianna, they will all use the racial features from the official Eberron: Rising from the Last War sourcebook. If you want to be a more independent golem like Orianna or a more robot-like construct like Blitzcrank would be entirely up to you!

After that, we have Minotaurs! We didn't see much of them in LoL lore besides our purple buddy Alistar, but now with the release of Legends of Runeterra, it seems like we're getting to see more and more of them in-universe! I've pilfered their racial features straight from an Unearthed Arcana source, though I took it upon myself to remove their Labyrinthine Recall and Sea Reaver features as they didn't seem to fit what Minotaurs are in this particular setting. So, instead of proficiency with navigator's tools (yawn) and sea vehicles (boring), they get proficiency in Intimidation! They're big, muscle cow people, so it would make sense for them to be naturally good at scaring the wits out of people, especially since most of them live in the Noxus empire now.

Coming up we have Vastayans! Everyone's favorite race that all of League's animal-like champions are apart of now! Ahri, Rengar, Nami, Xayah, Rakan, Wukong, Neeko, and my main Sett are all examples of Vastayans! My first problem when trying to decide how to deal with Vastayan's was how was I going to let people customize their own human/animal hybrid person? Of course, there was Simic Hybrid from the Ravnica book, but there really wasn't a lot of options available to really make your Vastayan whatever you wanted them to be. So, I turned to the internet and found a homemade variant which you can check out here. This definitely gives you a lot of room to play around and make your mole, duck, lizard, bird, scorpion, or whatever Vastayan. You can even make it weird and combine different aspects of animals like a carapace as well as a pair of wings! Vastayans like Xayah and Rakan seem like a mixture of cat and bird, so it would make sense for other Vastayans to be mixtures of different animals, I think!

Finally, we have the cute and cuddly Yordles! At first, I was going to make it so that the different subraces of Yordles were halflings, goblins, and gnomes respectively, but in the end, I decided to just stick with Halflings as their template. So, you've got your Lightfoot Yordles (like Teemo, Ziggs, Tristana, the squishier, fuzzier looking ones) and the Stout Yordles (like Kled, Poppy, and even the Yordle from the Chump Wump card in LoR, all the big, beefier fellas essentially). I was going to add Amphibious Yordles as well, but I figured it would probably make sense for Fizz to be the only one for now.

Now, let's move on to things that I could not or haven't found out how to implement for races.

At first, I wanted to make Ascended a race option and I thought that I could just reskin Aasimar to fit that bill, but they are really just such a varied race that it would be really hard to fit them all under one banner, so to speak. Not to mention, Aspects (a type of Ascended of Targon origin; Kayle, Pantheon, Taric) when they die, their entire concept/ideal that they're based on (Justice, War, Protection) completely cease to exist or change drastically. That seems like a lot of consequence to come out of a single PC death, plus it gives them a lot of power as well. Perhaps players could choose to be Shuriman Ascended and use the stat blocks for Tabaxi, Lizardfolk, Loxodon, and other animal-like races, but that would have to mean that their characters are very old and/or very powerful. That seems like something that I and the player who chooses to be some kind of Ascended would have to take up. Maybe a Hexblade Warlock could be like a darkin or something, I don't know.

Trolls would naturally be considered a Large race, but I mean, so are Minotaurs and they (kinda) got their own race (albeit they got downsized to Medium). Maybe I'll add them in later, we'll see.

I also had the idea of making void-altered human (like Kai'Sai) a possible race or a subrace for Human, but since I can't find a fitting race to simply reskin I'll have to make my own if I decide to implement it.

Classes
Moving onto classes, I'd say just about any official class option is up for grabs, as well as a handful of UA options. I think that the class and class archetype you pick will essentially dictate your 'powers' as a 'champion' or 'legend' of Runeterra. Rather than take the literal definition of what makes each class, we'll essentially rewrite it to fit your character's own backstory! So basically, every class option (including Rune Scribe) on this page will be available for selection.

I may also hunt down some other homebrew options for players who want a more custom champion. Things like Revenant (Kalista, Pyke), Shaman, Gunslinger (Fighter subclass), Blood Hunter, Gambler (Rogue subclass), Bound Spirit, Lich, Lycanthrope, and potentially Vampire would be available for selection at your discretion. You could also suggest other homebrew class options, which I'll likely agree on so long as you sent it to me before finished with your character sheet. Even being a spirit/ghost could be a class option with Matt Mercer's 'Lingering Soul' class! Make your Champion your way, I say!

Story
For the most part, the overarching story will be centered around the player characters, rather than the events going on around them. Sure, they might get pulled into a feud or some cataclysmic event every now and then, but it will serve to progress their own legend, not any pre-existing Champion's. So, most of the campaign will be centered around the characters' backstories, goals, and relationships. Where we go in the story will be completely up to them, which is why I had the idea to start everything off in Piltover & Zaun! It's basically like the center of Runeterra, you can get to almost anywhere from there! Want to go to Shurima? Just go south. Demacia, Noxus, Frejlord? Go north. Bilgewater, Shadow Isles (bad idea), charter a vessel!

So far, I've been having some trouble thinking up what would make a good starting quest, though I've made some homebrew monsters for Piltover and Zaun to provide a hopefully interesting first fight for the party. If I can't think of anything by the time I actually make a recruitment thread for this, if I do it at all, I'll most likely just base the first adventure off of one of the player character's backstories or goals.

If a player would like their character to be associated with an existing champion, that's alright by me. Rather than change that champion's backstory, however, interactions between characters and the champion in question would be limited to either having happened after their current point in the existing LoL lore, or they (the character) would play a small, non-life changing role in that champion's backstory. For instance, someone's family could have been slain by Darius, but of course, you're not going to have brutally wounded him in battle for revenge. Basically, the Champions will have a bigger impact on the character's lives than they will on them. That is until the game actually starts. Then you can screw with Gangplank or hang out with Ryze all you want, assuming you meet them. If you want to avenge your dead family and kick the crap out of Darius, you'll have to do it in the present, not the past.

Potential Mechanics
At some point, a character might decide to split off from the group, either permanently or temporarily. To journey alone comes with great risk, but it may yield potential awards. If for whatever reason a character decides to go off on their own and make the story all about them they could gain some awesome power from surviving Hard or Deadly encounters. Once they've earned enough, they can choose a Boon from the Dungeon Master's Guide as a reward. However, since these are normally only awarded to 20th level characters, they would only ever be able to earn one until/if they reach that point. It would represent a defining moment in their legend where they surpassed all odds and came out on top! Of course, the comes with the risk of having your character die. If your character were to die during this Legendary moment and were to be brought to life by their companions or some other plot device, they would be unable to try again until they have proven themselves worthy of another shot at Legendary status.

That's all I've got for now. I'll continue to post updates as I add or remove things and as I eventually get closer to finalizing this daunting project. If you have character ideas, story ideas, rules ideas, queries, concerns, opinions, or funny jokes, post them down below and I'll give them a read assuming they are worthy of my attention!

I'll add pretty pictures and better formatting at a later date, just so it's not one big wall of text. For now, I just wanted to get this out here and see if it garners attention.

Saw League of Legends and instantly clicked lol. Count me in.

Saw League of Legends and instantly clicked lol. Count me in.
Well, the campaign is still in the early stages so it's going to be a long while before we'd actually start anything. Still, nothing to stop us from talking about it. What kind of character do you think you'd like to play, and what are some things you'd like to see/do in the campaign?

I'll keep an eye on this, but can't guarantee anything. What I can do for sure is leave these here. I experimented with this exact same idea some time back and made these. The races one might need some additions/subtractions depending on your feelings on the matter, and the magic items one isn't finished but I'd like to think you may find it helpful.

Races
Available Races Thus Far:
1591108958832.png1591108964243.png1591108970855.png

Targonian Ascended
The term Targonian Ascended refers to humans magically altered and usually made Aspect hosts of Targon Prime. It is currently unknown how many of these Ascended ever came to be. Despite their small numbers, the Targonian Ascended remain among the most powerful beings on Runeterra, and have shaped the course of events throughout the planet's history.

Blessed with incredible strength, speed and a strong affinity for mastering forms of magic. The Targonian Ascended are also virtually immune to pain and sickness. Some have their lifespan dramatically increased, sometimes to the point of being immortal. However, these transcended beings can still bleed, be crippled, or even killed with the right weapon, magic, or overwhelming force. After each Targonian Ascended dies and during times of great needs, the Aspect finds a new host to replace their place.

Ability Score Increase. Your Charisma score increases by 2.
Speed. Your base walking speed is 30 feet.
Darkvision. You can see in dim light within 60 feet of you as if it were bright light, and in darkness as if it were dim light. You can't discern color in darkness, only shades of gray.
Celestial Resistance. You have resistance to necrotic damage and radiant damage.
Healing Hands. As an action, you can touch a creature and cause it to regain a number of hit points equal to your level. Once you use this trait, you can't use it again until you finish a long rest.
Light Bearer. You know the Light cantrip. Charisma is your spellcasting ability for it.
Languages. You can speak, read, and write Common and Celestial.

Protector Ascended
Ability Score Increase. Your Wisdom score increases by 1.
Radiant Soul. Starting at 3rd level, you can use your action to unleash the divine energy within yourself, causing your eyes to glimmer and two luminous, incorporeal wings to sprout from your back.

Your transformation lasts for 1 minute or until you end it as a bonus action. During it, you have a flying speed of 30 feet, and once on each of your turns, you can deal extra radiant damage to one target when you deal damage to it with an attack or a spell. The extra radiant damage equals your level.

Once you use this trait, you can't use it again until you finish a long rest.

Scourge Ascended
Ability Score Increase. Your Constitution score increases by 1.
Radiant Consumption. Starting at 3rd level, you can use your action to unleash the divine energy within yourself, causing a searing light to radiate from you, pour out of your eyes and mouth, and threaten to char you.

Your transformation lasts for 1 minute or until you end it as a bonus action. During it, you shed bright light in a 10-foot radius and dim light for an additional 10 feet, and at the end of each of your turns, you and each creature within 10 feet of you take radiant damage equal to half your level (rounded up). In addition, once on each of your turns, you can deal extra radiant damage to one target when you deal damage to it with an attack or a spell. The extra radiant damage equals your level.

Fallen Ascended
Ability Score Increase. Your Strength score increases by 1.
Necrotic Shroud. Starting at 3rd level, you can use your action to unleash the divine energy within yourself, causing your eyes to turn into pools of darkness and two skeletal, ghostly, flightless wings to sprout from your back. The instant you transform, other creatures within 10 feet of you that can see you must each succeed on a Charisma saving throw (DC 8 + your proficiency bonus + your Charisma modifier) or become frightened of you until the end of your next turn.

Your transformation lasts for 1 minute or until you end it as a bonus action. During it, once on each of your turns, you can deal extra necrotic damage to one target when you deal damage to it with an attack or a spell. The extra necrotic damage equals your level.

1591109208347.png1591109213907.png1591109220012.png1591109225313.png1591109230312.png1591109239528.png1591109245945.png
Human
Humans are the dominant sapient life forms of Runeterra. While their point of origin on the planet is currently unknown, the majority of human diaspora arrived from either the eastern lands beyond Ionia, Ionia itself, or the Freljord. They have a great variety of appearances, strengths, and magical powers.

Languages. You can speak, read, and write Common and one extra language of your choice.

Standard
Ability Score Increase. Your ability scores each increase by 1.

Variant
Ability Score Increase. Two different ability scores of your choice increase by 1.
Skills. You gain proficiency in one skill of your choice.
Feat. You gain one Feat of your choice.

Iceborn
Ability Score Increase. Your Constitution score increases by 2, and two other ability scores of your choice each increase by 1.
Cold Blooded. You are immune to cold damage.
1591109508084.png1591109513435.png1591109518533.png
Golem
Whether organic or inorganic in origin, Golems are artificial constructs designed or inevitably created by sentient hands to provide a tireless aide for the plethora of purposes it was made for, usually combining multiple capabilities for a multitude of work or a focused specialty otherwise unachievable by a normal person. Golems are made with either a semblance of intelligence or full-fledged sentience, although creation of them are frowned upon by people for reasons ranging from ethical to moral.

Ability Score Increase. Your Constitution score increases by 2, and one other ability score of your choice increases by 1.
Constructed Resilience. You were created to have remarkable fortitude, represented by the following benefits:
- You have advantage on saving throws against being poisoned, and you have resistance to poison damage.​
- You don’t need to eat, drink, or breathe.​
- You are immune to disease.​
- You don't need to sleep, and magic can't put you to sleep.​
Sentry’s Rest. When you take a long rest, you must spend at least six hours in an inactive, motionless state, rather than sleeping. In this state, you appear inert, but it doesn’t render you unconscious, and you can see and hear as normal.
Integrated Protection. Your body has built-in defensive layers, which can be enhanced with armor.
- You gain a +1 bonus to Armor Class.​
- You can don only armor with which you have proficiency. To don armor, you must incorporate it into your body over the course of 1 hour, during which you must remain in contact with the armor. To doff armor, you must spend 1 hour removing it. You can rest while donning or doffing armor in this way.​
- While you live, your armor can't be removed from your body against your will.​
Specialized Design. You gain one skill proficiency and one tool proficiency of your choice.
Languages. You can speak, read, and write Common and one other language of your choice.
1591109691484.png
Minotaur
Minotaurs are enormous humanoid bovines. They live in great tribes in the vicinity of Piltover and Noxus, and are quite noble and valorous in their ways. Many Minotaur clans joined the Noxian war machine; those that opposed the empire have been enslaved and forced to fight as gladiators in the brutal Noxian event known as the Fleshing. Alistar, the Minotaur, is a survivor of this game and seeks to protect his people from the harsh treatment he endured. Some minotaurs migrated to Demacia and integrated into the kingdom's society; there are even some in the Dauntless Vanguard.

Ability Score Increase. Your Strength score increases by 2, and your Constitution score increases by 1.
Horns. You are never unarmed. You are proficient with your horns, which are a melee weapon that deals 1d10 piercing damage. Your horns grant you advantage on all checks made to shove a creature, but not to avoid being shoved yourself.
Goring Rush. When you use the Dash action during your turn, you can make a melee attack with your horns as a bonus action.
Hammering Horns. When you use the Attack action during your turn to make a melee attack, you can attempt to shove a creature with your horns as a bonus action. You cannot use this shove attempt to knock a creature prone.
Menacing. You have proficiency in the Intimidation skill.
Languages. You can speak, read, and write Common and Minotaur.
1591111030640.png1591111042676.png1591111051243.png1591111112043.png
Vastaya
The Vastaya are a chimeric race of Runeterra that are the weaker magical descendants from enlightened mortals that took the power of the spirit realm into themselves known as the Vastayashai'rei. From the ferocious, bestial power of Rengar to the foxlike allure of Ahri, vastaya can look considerably different from one another, but they all share animal and human characteristics.

Ability Score Increase. Your Constitution score increases by 2, and another ability score of your choice increases by +1.
Darkvision. You can see in dim light within 60 feet of you as if it were bright light, and in darkness as if it were dim light. You can't discern color in darkness, only shades of gray.
Animal Adaptation. Your body has been altered to incorporate certain animal characteristics. You choose two animal adaptions now, at 5th level, you choose a greater animal adaption, and finally, at 10th level, you reach the pinnacle of your changes, and choose a single superior animal adaption. The adaptions are shown in the tables below.
Vastayan Skills. You gain proficiency in either Stealth, Acrobatics, Athletics, or a tool kit of your choice.
Languages. You can speak, read, and write Common and your choice of either Ionian or Vastayan.

Animal Adaptations
Adaptation TraitAdaptation Description
Natural ArmorWhen not wearing armor, your base AC is 12 + Dexterity modifier. You can use a shield and still gain this benefit. At level 5, you gain +1 AC when not wearing heavy armor, and at level 10, as a reaction to being attack, roll a d12. Add your Constitution modifier, and you subtract that much damage from the attack. You may use this ability twice per long rest.
ClimberWhen climbing you suffer no movement penalties and gain a climbing speed equal to your movement speed. You are considered proficient in the Athletics skill, and add double your proficiency bonus to checks made to climb.
ChromatophoreYou can alter the color of your skin and can blend into your environment. You gain advantage on Stealth checks made to hide as long as you are not moving. If you are wearing no armor and carrying less than a medium load, you may attempt to hide even in if you have no cover or concealment. You can't use this ability to hide from a creature that is directly observing you. In addition, at 10th level, you may use this ability to distract enemies who can see you. You flash patterns of color across your skin, rapidly changing. As an action, all hostile creatures that can see you within 30 feet must make a Wisdom saving throw equal to 8 + your proficiency bonus + your Charisma or be captivated by you. While captivated by you, all allies have advantage on their attacks until your next turn. You may use this ability once per long rest.
DiggerYou burrow through sand, dirt, mud, and rock at a speed of 10 feet. You may not take this ability if you have a swim speed. At Level 5 you gain tremorsense 20 feet. when you use this ability. At level 10, you gain tremorsense 20 feet at all times.
Chameleon EyesYou gain the ocular musculature of a chameleon. You are considered proficient in Perception checks that rely on sight. At 5th level, you gain advantage on these checks and can no longer be surprised in attacks. At 10th level you gain expertise in these checks and can no longer be surprised, sneak attacked, or flanked.
Natural AttacksYou sprout claws and fangs. As an action on your turn, you may make an attack with either your claws, dealing 1d6 slashing, or bite, dealing 1d8 piercing damage. At level 5, you may use this ability as a bonus action on your turn. This damage increases at level 10 to 2d6 slashing or 2d8 piercing.
Enhanced ImmunityYour blood was bred to heal the sick. You excrete toxins that build up in your system and effectively fight off infections. You gain advantage on saving throws against poison and diseases. At level 5, you are immune to diseases and at level 10 you are immune to poisons as well. At level 5, any natural attack you have deals poison damage 1d6 and applies the poison condition, DC 8 + your proficiency bonus + your Constitution modifier. At level 10, your poison treats creatures with resistance as though they didn't have it, and treats creatures with immunity as only having resistance.
PygmyYou are much smaller than normal. Your Dexterity increases by 1, and your Wisdom increases by 1. Your Strength decreases by 1, and your size is Small.

Greater Animal Adaptations
Adaptation TraitAdaptation Description
PounceYou gain the hunting instincts of a predator. If you move at least 20 feet and then attack, you have advantage on the first attack. At level 10, you gain advantage on all attacks when you pounce and the target must make a Strength saving throw 14 or be knocked prone.
WingsYou sprout wings. These give you a fly speed of 20 ft, but you cannot hover in place. At level 10, you gain a fly speed equal to your speed, and you gain the ability to hover.
Prehensile TailYou grow the tail of a monkey. This tail acts as an extra hand for all intents and purposes except for wielding a weapon. In addition, at the 10th level, you may use your tail to wield a light weapon with the finesse property.
SpinesYou grow barbed spines similar to a porcupine or anemone. Whenever you are grappled, these deal 1d4 piercing damage to an attacker. Additionally, as an action, you may launch one of these spines as a ranged attack with a range of 20/40. At level 10, your range increases to 30/60, and your damage increases to 2d4. These spines can also be plucked to be used for utility uses. You may pull off or launch a number of spines equal to your Constitution modifier +2 per day.
Bioelectric GenerationYou gain the bioelectric organs of an electric eel. These allow you to produce in effect similar to burning hands once per day, except the damage is lightning instead of fire. Also, when grappled, you deal 1d4 of electric damage. At level 10, your generation increases, and you may use this ability 2 times per day and it is treated as burning hands cast at a level equal to half your proficiency bonus rounded down. In addition, your damage dice on grapples increases to 2d4.
HornsYou grow horns out of your head. If you charge 20 ft, you make a gore attack as a bonus action dealing 1d8 piercing damage. The target must make a Strength saving throw equal to 8 + your proficiency bonus + your Strength modifier or be thrown 10 feet back and knocked prone. You can use this once per turn.

Superior Animal Adaptations
Scorpion TailYou sprout a large scorpion tail. This tail has a sharp poisonous barb on the end. As a bonus action, you may make an attack that deals 2d8 piercing damage on a hit, and the target must make a DC 16 Constitution saving throw or take an additional 4d6 poison damage and become poisoned for 2 rounds. You may use this feature once per long rest. You can also milk this poison with a successful Alchemist's Tool's check. If you do, the poison lasts one day before it denatures, and you lose the poison ability on your tail attacks for 24 hours.
Spider WebYou grow spinnerettes that produce an effect similar to the web spell. You may use this ability once per long rest. You are immune to the effects of this ability and of similar abilities.
Blinding SpittleYou secrete alchemical spittle when threatened. As an action, make a ranged attack against a target within 40 feet. If you hit, the target takes 1d6 acid damage and must make a DC 16 Constitution saving throw or be blinded for 2 rounds. You may use this trait a number of times equal to 1 + your Constitution modifier per day.
Amorphic BodyYour body takes on a shape similar to an ooze. You have advantage on checks made to escape a grapple and can squeeze through an area 1 inch wide. In addition, you may no longer be sneak attacked, and you contort your body any way you desire.
RegenerationYou heal at an impressive rate. Whenever you spend at least one Hit Dice to regain hit points during a short rest, you regain an additional number of hit points equal to twice your Constitution modifier. Severed toes and fingers regrow after 24 hours. Severed hands and feet regrow after three days, and severed limbs regrow after one week. If the severed limb is present and whole, you can reattach it during a short rest as long as you spend one Hit Dice to regain hit points and perform no other actions, including light duties. You gain one level of exhaustion whenever you begin regenerating a limb. This level of exhaustion lasts for 24 hours after regenerating a limb. Additionally, once per day, as a bonus action, you may expend 2 Hit Dice as if you finished a short rest.
Bloodthirsty SavageryYou have become a formidable hunter. Whenever you kill an enemy, you gain advantage on your next attack. Whenever you are reduced to half your health, your attacks deal an extra 2d6 damage as you enter into a blood rage.
FrillsYour frills mature to a usable point. As an action, you may extend these frills to frighten an enemy. All foes within 40 ft must make a Wis save equal to 8 + your proficiency bonus + your Charisma bonus or become frightened of you. If they fail this save by 5 or more, they are terrified. If they succeed, they are immune to your frightful presence for 24 hours. Once, at the end of every turn, an enemy affected may remake their save. You may use this ability once per day. You also gain advantage and your proficiency bonus on Intimidation checks.
1591111309127.png1591111395456.png
Yordle
The Yordle are a race of spirits who generally take the appearance of mammalian bipeds. They mostly reside in a mystical place known as Bandle City, though some of them have ventured out to live in numerous locations around Runeterra.

Ability Score Increase. Your Dexterity score increases by 2.
Speed. Your base walking speed is 25 feet.
Lucky. When you roll a 1 on an attack roll, ability check, or saving throw, you can reroll the die. You must use the new result, even if it is a 1.
Brave. You have advantage on saving throws against being frightened.
Nimble. You can move through the space of any creature that is of a size larger than yours.
Languages. You can speak, read, and write Common as well as write in Yordle.

Lightfoot Yordle
Ability Score Increase. Your Charisma score increases by 1.
Naturally Stealthy. You can attempt to hide even when you are only obscured by a creature that is at least one size larger than you.

Stout Yordle
Ability Score Increase. Your Constitution score increases by 1.
Stout Resilience. You have advantage on saving throws against poison, and you have resistance to poison damage.

Last edited:
I'll keep an eye on this, but can't guarantee anything. What I can do for sure is leave these here. I experimented with this exact same idea some time back and made these. The races one might need some additions/subtractions depending on your feelings on the matter, and the magic items one isn't finished but I'd like to think you may find it helpful.

Thanks for sharing your ideas, man! When it comes to making new races I can't say that I have much experience in that aspect, so for now I think I'm going to stick with reskinning pre-existing races. Rather than separate all the factions (Demacia, Noxus, Ionia, etc.) into their own races, I think I'd prefer to keep them all under the banner of Human. What I really want to go for with character creation is a high level of customization, so I think letting the players pick Variant Human, for example, to try and differentiate themselves from other humans is just fine.

Making it so Ionia gets +x to y and giving them specific race features seems somewhat reductive (probably not the right word for it) when you could let them choose what ability scores they want to improve as well as giving them a list of feats to choose from as a way of defining themselves individually. Which isn't to say your way of doing it is wrong, I just think it's not the way I want to do things.

I'm definitely going to have a good look at the magic items though, and see what inspiration I can draw from the races you've made that I haven't come up with a solution for, like Trolls. Unfortunately, Ursine have just been rewritten completely with Volibear's new rework into being a Frejlord clan that can just shapeshift into bears, so I think I'll have to come up with some other solution for them.

Thanks for sharing your ideas, man! When it comes to making new races I can't say that I have much experience in that aspect, so for now I think I'm going to stick with reskinning pre-existing races. Rather than separate all the factions (Demacia, Noxus, Ionia, etc.) into their own races, I think I'd prefer to keep them all under the banner of Human. What I really want to go for with character creation is a high level of customization, so I think letting the players pick Variant Human, for example, to try and differentiate themselves from other humans is just fine.

Making it so Ionia gets +x to y and giving them specific race features seems somewhat reductive (probably not the right word for it) when you could let them choose what ability scores they want to improve as well as giving them a list of feats to choose from as a way of defining themselves individually. Which isn't to say your way of doing it is wrong, I just think it's not the way I want to do things.

I'm definitely going to have a good look at the magic items though, and see what inspiration I can draw from the races you've made that I haven't come up with a solution for, like Trolls. Unfortunately, Ursine have just been rewritten completely with Volibear's new rework into being a Frejlord clan that can just shapeshift into bears, so I think I'll have to come up with some other solution for them.

Yeah, I feel you on that first part, wrapping it all up in a Variant Human is fine. My reasoning for having done it that way was that reducing it down to Human was that, at the time of writing this document some time ago, that meant the list of races was going to be reduced to like 4 (some of which are very rare in the world, like PC Trolls) and I felt having more options might help to mechanically diversify the cast. All a matter of taste, though.

That Ursine change is a real shame. I used to like League's lore and I'm of the opinion its been going downhill basically ever since they started shortening character biographies. Can't say I'm a fan of, well, any of the changes that have been made. If you want to address that particular change to the Ursine, I'd suggest Shifter (Beasthide). While its not a perfect fit its probably close enough.

As far as magic items go, I really recommend Weak Magic Items for 5e as inspiration for magic items. This site generates a bazillion magic item qualities beyond your standard "+1" and oughta help if there's a particular League item you want to replicate.

Last edited:
Classes
Available Classes Thus Far:

Below is a list of the different sources from where each class comes from. You do not need to have any of these sources in order to play these classes options. Links to each option will be put for each one that has one, and those that require a PDF (such as Lingering Soul, Blood Hunter, and Cursed Classes) are available and will be given upon request as their file size may be too big to post below.

We won't be focusing so much on the rewritten backstory or context for any of the following class options unless it is essential to how that character works. ie. a wizard's spellbook, artificer's tools, bard's instrument. So for the most part, anything can be reskinned or put under a new context so it better suits your backstory's needs.

CC - Cursed Classes (Requires PDF access)
DMG - Dungeon Master's Guide
ERftLW - Eberron: Rising from the Last War
GGtR - Guildmaster's Guide to Ravnica
MM - Matt Mercer (Not to be confused with Monster Manual) (Options without link require PDF access)
MW - Michael Wolf (Requires PDF access)
PHB - Player's Handbook
PS:K - Plane Shift: Kaladesh
SCAG: Sword Coast Adventurer's Guide
XGtE - Xanathar's Guide to Everything
UA - Unearthed Arcana

1591115530617.png
Artificer (ERftLW)
  • Alchemist
  • Armorer (UA)
  • Artillerist
  • Battle Smith
1591115589052.png
Barbarian
  • Ancestral Guardian (XGtE)
  • Battlerager (SCAG)
  • Beast (UA)
  • Berserker (PHB)
  • Juggernaut (UA)
  • Storm Herald (XGtE)
  • Totem Warrior (PHB)
  • Wild Soul (UA)
  • Zealot (XGtE)
1591115683240.png
Bard
  • Creation (UA)
  • Glamour (PHB)
  • Lore (PHB)
  • Satire (UA)
  • Swords (XGtE)
  • Valor (PHB)
  • Whispers (XGtE)
1591115829982.png
Blood Hunter (MM)
  • Ghostslayer
  • Lycan
  • Mutant
  • Profaned Soul
1591115875932.png
Bound Spirit (CC)
  • Flesh Golem
  • Stone Golem
  • Suit of Armor
1591115911034.png
Cleric
  • Arcana (XGtE)
  • Blood (MM)
  • Death (PHB)
  • Forge (XGtE)
  • Grave (XGtE)
  • Knowledge (PHB)
  • Life (PHB)
  • Light (PHB)
  • Order (GGtR)
  • Protection (UA)
  • Tempest (XGtE)
  • Trickery (PHB)
  • Twilight (UA)
  • Unity (UA)
  • War (PHB)
1591116082618.png
Druid
  • Dreams (XGtE)
  • Land (PHB)
  • Moon (PHB)
  • Shepherd (XGtE)
  • Spores (GGtR)
  • Stars (UA)
  • Twilight (UA)
  • Wildfire (UA)
1591116139418.png
Fighter
  • Arcane Archer (XGtE)
  • Banneret/Knight (SCAG)
  • Brute (UA)
  • Cavalier (XGtE)
  • Champion (PHB)
  • Eldritch Knight (PHB)
  • Monster Hunter (UA)
  • Rune Knight (UA)
  • Samurai (XGtE)
  • Scout (UA)
  • Sharpshooter (UA)
1591116155784.png
Floraspawn (CC)
  • Spore Savant
  • Vegepeople
  • Wood Woad
1591116201147.png
Lich (CC)
  • Baelnorn
  • Omniscient
  • Wastes
1591116233485.png
Lingering Soul (MM)
  • Poltergeist
  • Spirit Guardian
  • Wraith
1591116252233.png
Monk
  • Astral Self (UA)
  • Cobalt Soul (MM)
  • Drunken Master (XGtE)
  • Four Elements (PHB)
  • Kensei (XGtE)
  • Long Death (XGtE)
  • Mercy (UA)
  • Open Hand (PHB)
  • Shadow (PHB)
  • Soul Knife (UA)
  • Sun Soul (XGtE)
  • Tranquility (UA)
1591116368531.png
Paladin
  • Ancients (PHB)
  • Conquest (XGtE)
  • Crown (SCAG)
  • Devotion (PHB)
  • Oathbreaker (DMG)
  • Redemption (XGtE)
  • Treachery (UA)
  • Vengeance (PHB)
1591116380964.png
Ranger (PHB/UA)
  • Beast Master (PHB)
  • Fey Wanderer (UA)
  • Gloom Stalker (XGtE)
  • Horizon Walker (XGtE)
  • Hunter (PHB)
  • Monster Slayer (XgtE)
  • Primeval Guardian (UA)
  • Swarmkeeper (UA)
1591116398321.png
Revenant (CC)
  • Avenger
  • Drowned
  • Umbraged
1591116463167.png
Rune Scribe (UA)

1591116485679.png
Rogue
  • Arcane Trickster (PHB)
  • Assassin (PHB)
  • Inquisitive (XGtE)
  • Mastermind (XGtE)
  • Revived (UA)
  • Scout (XGtE)
  • Soulknife (UA)
  • Swashbuckler (XGtE)
  • Thief (PHB)
1591116502285.png
Shaman (MW)
  • Ancestors
  • Dreams
  • Flames
  • Stones
  • Water
  • Winds
1591116526533.png
Shuriman Ascended A.K.A. Lycanthrope (CC)
  • Ape
  • Bear
  • Boar
  • Crocodile
  • Rat
  • Raven
  • Tiger
  • Wolf
1591116579783.png
Sorcerer
  • Aberrant Mind (UA)
  • Clockwork Soul (UA)
  • Draconic Bloodline (PHB)
  • Divine Soul (XGtE)
  • Giant Soul (UA)
  • Phoenix Sorcery (UA)
  • Pyromancy (PS:K)
  • Runechild (UA)
  • Sea Sorcery (UA)
  • Shadow Magic (XGtE)
  • Stone Sorcery (UA)
  • Storm Sorcery (XGtE)
  • Wild Magic (PHB)
(Just pretend Malzahar is here)
Warlock
  • Archfey (PHB)
  • Celestial (XGtE)
  • Fiend (PHB)
  • Great Old One (PHB)
  • Hexblade (XGtE0
  • Kindred A.K.A. Raven Queen (UA)
  • Kraken (U)A
  • Lurker in the Deep (UA)
  • Noble Genie (UA)
  • Seeker (UA)
  • Undying (XGtE)
(Pretend that Lux or Yuumi is here, idk, apparently, you can't have more than 20 files in a single post)
Wizard
School of Abjuration (PHB)
School of Bladesinging (SCAG)
School of Conjuration (PHB)
School of Divination (PHB)
School of Enchantment (PHB)
School of Evocation (PHB)
School of Illusion (PHB)
School of Invention (UA)
School of Lore Mastery (UA)
School of Necromancy (PHB)
School of Onomancy (UA)
School of Theurgy (UA)
School of Transmutation (PHB)
School of War Magic (XGtE)

Last edited:
Yeah, I feel you on that first part, wrapping it all up in a Variant Human is fine. My reasoning for having done it that way was that reducing it down to Human was that, at the time of writing this document some time ago, that meant the list of races was going to be reduced to like 4 (some of which are very rare in the world, like PC Trolls) and I felt having more options might help to mechanically diversify the cast. All a matter of taste, though.

That Ursine change is a real shame. I used to like League's lore and I'm of the opinion its been going downhill basically ever since they started shortening character biographies. Can't say I'm a fan of, well, any of the changes that have been made. If you want to address that particular change to the Ursine, I'd suggest Shifter (Beasthide). While its not a perfect fit its probably close enough.

As far as magic items go, I really recommend Weak Magic Items for 5e as inspiration for magic items. This site generates a bazillion magic item qualities beyond your standard "+1" and oughta help if there's a particular League item you want to replicate.
I think one workaround for not having a lot of races is to just substitute it with a lot of classes, as you can see above lol

Plus, I figured one way a character could play a Shuriman Ascended or an Ursine was to let them take the Lycanthrope class and simply pick which animal they want to look like. Whether they want to focus more on their Lycanthrope levels or whatever class they multiclassed into (if any) will be up to them. Plus, level 20 Lycanthropes can turn into Huge versions of themselves, kind of like Nasus and Renekton's ults, which I thought was pretty cool. Instead of having things like Revenant or Treant (Floraspawn) be a race, they can be a class and simply gain the benefits from whatever race they picked and maybe even work them into their origin, like how Ivern used to be a person before he became a treant.

I think all of the little short stories and comics and things Riot has been coming out with has been making up for the lack of lore, not to mention all the stuff they're adding in Legends of Runeterra, but I feel like a lot of champion's backstories have been kind of short. I could be wrong, I only started playing League sometime around season 4. They seem to be focusing a lot more on worldbuilding as of late too, which has been my main inspiration to work on all of this in the first place. They're leaving in just enough blanks that people can easily fill them in which I can appreciate in this sense.

I'll check out the Weak Magic Items things sometime, I think I may have used it once before and just forgotten about it. Thanks again for all your input by the way!

Another option for Shuriman Ascendants would be to let players pick a race like Tabaxi, Lizardfolk or Tortle and just reskin it. Complicated problems call for simple solutions, I say lol

GinkyGotBack GinkyGotBack I'm interested! I have no background in League of Legends, but you already know I'm all about D&D 5e.
No experience with League required, good sir! For people with no experience with LoL I intend for it to be a sort of learning experience! Like a school field trip, but not nearly as linear and hopefully more fun.

Anything catch your eye regarding the race or class options? Anything you'd want to know in particular about the world?

No experience with League required, good sir! For people with no experience with LoL I intend for it to be a sort of learning experience! Like a school field trip, but not nearly as linear and hopefully more fun.

Anything catch your eye regarding the race or class options? Anything you'd want to know in particular about the world?

Not anything in particular. I'm one of those people that have to learn about a world by playing, but if I have any questions I'll let you know!

Not anything in particular. I'm one of those people that have to learn about a world by playing, but if I have any questions I'll let you know!
Sounds good! I may add a synopsis or something of each of the different 'factions' of Runeterra as well as some history of the world just to give people an idea of what the world is like

Will you have a discord for this? Or have you not gotten that far along yet?
Oh yeah, no, making a discord server wouldn't be too big of a problem. It's more just, there's a couple more race and class options I want to add like Iceborn and Void Altered for races, but I mostly just need to figure out what I want to do with the story. Most of it I just want to be about the characters and not some big, overarching plot, so I'll have to see about that first.

Added the 'Iceborn' human variant race! Iceborn humans get immunity to cold damage and a pseuo-Half-elf ability score increase (just swapped out Charisma for Constitution).

*kicks in the door*

Whos ready to party!?!

The disco elysieum avatar. Haven't played yet but the things I've heard paint it a masterpiece.

I'm versed in both, know more about dnd than league but thats just abit of wiki snooping away, played on and off for years, so know a good bit.

The disco elysieum avatar. Haven't played yet but the things I've heard paint it a masterpiece.

I'm versed in both, know more about dnd than league but thats just abit of wiki snooping away, played on and off for years, so know a good bit.
Lmao fair enough, Disco Elysium is a pretty sweet game. I was hooked completely from start to finish.

If you want to join the discord I can add you to the convo where we have the invite link. We've only got one other person at the moment, but we're already talking about character creation!

lovely, unsure what I'm gonna do characterwise, but I'm playing with ideas.

Looking for Players!
So far we have a total of 2 players and we're still looking for at most three more players (just enough people to make a proper team in LoL)! Though I haven't had added these to the interest check just yet, here are some more updates on what has been added prior to the Iceborn Human subclass:

Frost Trolls!
Frost Trolls as an available race have been added, bringing us to a total of seven playable races! Frost Trolls use the same racial traits as Orcs, only with an added resistance to Cold damage and the inability to read or write (Trolls be pretty dumb).

Even More Class Options!
Along with the already available UA and homebrew options for classes and subclasses we have added a few more to the mix!
Thanks to D&D Beyond's 'Dark Tides of Bilgewater' we finally have official LoL subclasses for D&D 5e!
For Barbarians, there is the Path of the Depths which takes a note out of Nautilus' book and gives barbarians dominion over the seas!
Fighters get an "official" gunslinger subclass with Renegade! Choose your gunfighter form and customize your firearm to your liking! Want a Caitlyn net gun? Graves' smokescreen? You got it and more!
Meanwhile, Rogues get the Wild Card subclass, allowing them to stack the deck in their favor in everything they do! Cheating in board and card games has never been easier!
You can check out the 'Dark Tides of Bilgewater' here!

As for unofficial class options we have:

Augmented for people who want to play Viktor! Give your fleshy body a metal upgrade from head to toe! You start out with a robot arm for punching and as you level up you can cyberize other parts of your weak, fragile body. Mega Man arm cannons, Movable hardlight shields, X-Ray vision probably can all be yours with Augmented!

Dragon Knight is a gift to Shyvana mains who want to play a flying, fire/acid/lightning/poison/ice breathing martial warrior of epic proportions! Become a master of aerial combat with the Dragoon Calling, take on multiple foes with ease with the Warblade Calling, and protect the ones you care about with the Defender Calling!

Witches give us yet another spellcasting class with about a million different subclasses to choose from! There's a little bit of something for everyone with Witch as each Coven focuses on a different playstyle, be it healing, damage dealing, buffing/debuffing, or cackling! Plus, you get an intelligent, talking familiar who can sass at you 'Sabrina the Teenage Witch' style, so that's pretty cool.

And finally, for those who wish for their characters to hail from the mysterious, hidden nation of Ixtal and wield the powers of the elements, we have Lacers and Samsari from Alex Tanner's 'Incarnate: The Last of the Lacers' homebrew sourcebook. Along with elemental subclasses for Barbarians, Fighters, Monks, and Rogues, you get two different classes that are entirely dedicated to shaping and using the elements of fire, earth, water, and air like in 'Avatar: The Last Airbender' and 'The Legend of Korra'!

Legendary Feats!
Performing legendary acts or making extraordinary discoveries can reward your characters with Epic Boons straight from the Dungeon Master's Guide! While this isn't necessarily something new, Epic Boons are far more common here as they are available much earlier than the 20th level. It's going to work somewhat like the Inspiration mechanic, only it will take more than great roleplaying or clever problem solving to obtain a Boon. Acquiring an Epic Boon requires great sacrifice or great risk, pitting your character up against almost impossible odds for the sake of gaining new power! These scenarios can happen at any time, so it's best to keep your eyes peeled for opportunities to prove yourself as a Champion of Runeterra!

I would want to play, I know both LoL and 5e though I do play with some QoL homebrew rules usually but adjusting shouldn't be a problem.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back