• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Herrschers: Hell's Retriever

Lore
Here
HERRSCHERS: HELL'S RETRIEVER — TRACK II — BETWEEN TWO WOLVES
SENTINEL RAVENGUARD
JOSALYN CRAWFORD
The further Josalyn would tread into the abandoned warehouse under the evening sky, the louder her footsteps echoed throughout the construction, followed by the sound of metal clashing against another on the fabric of her clothes. Her weapons tightly sealed on her tactical vest, Josalyn ceased her movement after making herself known to the demon in front of her, letting the moonlight shine across their figures as she introduced herself—even though the two knew each other fairly decently.

"Your play of ignorance is rather insulting, but the Devil speaks no truths—as the church likes to drag on."

A red pill was situated on her lips, a sign that a Sentinel Ravenguard came prepared for the intention of battle and spilling blood across the arena. The Manalizer, as one would come to know it after fighting against a Sentinel Ravenguard in the past. The pill grants its user a more consistent flow of mana throughout their bloodstream, bestowing them with persistent storage of mana that can last them hours on a battlefield. An expensive magical drug designed by the government of Syltaris Imperium for the purpose of bolstering their soldiers with the strength and stamina required to defeat all foes and armies.

"It's been a while since I've shared the same atmosphere with the wielder of an Artifact—I'm stoked, really. Those zealot-priests of the Vatican doesn't really like us Ravenguards playing with their toys—but who can blame us, honestly? It's not every day that you're assigned a mission to liquidate an Archfiend, hmph."

Josalyn bit onto the Manalizer and allowed the abhorrent taste of the pill to go down her throat, almost instantly causing her body to emit a menacing amount of aura, covering even her weapons. With no doubt, Morgiana would feel the change in the environment. Her imposing presence would be enough to scare off any ordinary criminals. But Josalyn knew better than to expect her opponent to back out.

"A fair battle between two women of integrity—I swear my word to the Divine Emperor that this conflict shall not be interrupted by allies. For death awaits one of us by the end of this dread of night, I shall load my rifles with the intention of disintegrating my enemy."

Last edited:
SENTINEL RAVENGUARD
JOSALYN CRAWFORD
Her sadistic grin unnerved the battlemaid. From her presumptuous attitude to their sadistic remarks, she knew this criminal well and yet—their personality was enough to agitate her. How noble of the bloodhound to allow her the privilege of the first strike. If that's how the demon wanted it to be, the battlemaid could not disregard her code. Formulate and strike the target, and then discombobulate their senses.

"Hilarious." Josalyn scoffed, finding the demon's words to be rather pretentious. "You unlawful hellions really do like to play with your personalities, don't you? Especially the Forefather's Artifact wielders—you all seem to share the characteristics of that of a sadistic maniac. But I won't speak any further of it, considering my commander doesn't like me expressing concerns for her fellow brethren."

Without context to help aid Morgiana understand what Josalyn meant at the end of her dialogue, the white-haired battlemaid unloaded the safety lock of her rifles with the intention to kill, officially beginning the fruition of the battle that was going to end in blood puddles over the abandoned warehouse. As the manalizer inside her began to manifest an even greater power overtime, Josalyn aimed her weapon and fired without a seconds hesitation, its bullet traveling at a supersonic speed.

Josalyn prepared her other rifle and equipped a holy bayonet using her overwhelming mana as the catalyst, enhancing her physical movement to the point where the normal human eye would not be able to keep up. As the bullet traveled to execute Morgiana, the battlemaid stepped forward and charged with the bayonet directed at her target, knowing that Morgiana would face no complication with the magical bullet. If Josalyn truly wished to kill the sadist, the only method was to rely on blades to pierce through her heart.

SENTINEL RAVENGUARD
JOSALYN CRAWFORD
Morgiana's impalpable reflexes were a given, as expected of someone who knew how to control their darksoul. She wasn't an S-rank threat without a reason, and Josalyn knew all too well about what she was getting into when she released the safety protocols on her weapons. But to say that she couldn't hold her ground against the demon, would be a blatant insult to the seasoned veteran of the prominent Sentinel Ravenguard. She remained calm and collected, and analyzed the situation.

Further improving her senses through aura awareness, the battlemaid was barely able to dodge the demonic bullet that hurled through the air with behemoth force by ducking forward, the slug leaving a burning mark on one of the warehouse walls. In mere seconds, Josalyn struck her elbow against Morgiana's lower abdomen and dashed forward to free herself from the demon's grasp.

"Wind Blade: Guillotine!" Josalyn chanted as she swiped her hand across the air, a part of her aura transforming into that of a high-tier wind magic. The moment she swiped her hand towards Morgiana the magic activated and created a single wind blade, traveling in nimble speed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back