• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy HeroWatch! Supers, Support, Subscribers. A modern day fantasy about superpowers

NeonFlow

The one who made Aerth
Supporter
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
In a world much like the earth you would see in various anime shows...
There is super powered individuals! These men and women get paid for saving the day, however they need to employ their own cameramen, editors, everything and anything needed to record and produce quality footage of them being a hero.
Because the amount of Hearts or "likes" a super gets on HeroWatch
"YouTube for supers" Is directly linked to their pay check.

Meaning some guy who saves countless lives each day who very well could be the best super hero around, would get treated like a joke because there is no uploads of him doing the various good deeds.
But.....
A weak useless person with a skilled team of media savvy people could appear to be superman in the eyes of the public.

Meet Ambush and Slip-Speed, two up and coming Supers who should be on the front page of HeroWatch. However their powers and work effort keeps them just out of the trending tab.
Ambush, a man with the ability to teleport anywhere within view.
Slip Speed, a woman who moves faster then cameras can capture.

Two amazing individuals who have amazing potential and usually do great work. They just have trouble recording and uploading said work...
"the support is lacking" basically being the response when HeroWatch representatives reached out for questions and answers.

That is why HeroWatch has decided to form a new group.
Fast-Force (Ambush hates it, Slip is just happy to have sponsorships)

Ambush and Slip being the Leaders/work horses
And a team of Heroes/Support with a camera that can catch a speedster on film whilst saving the day learning and working towards being better supers.

This rp is about a team of supers and their support, trying to make enough money to afford their headquarters/base and make a decent living.
Support in this case is literally anyone who helps the hero make content or fight crime.

If a person holds a villian in place while you punch them in the face,
That's support.
If someone made your costume,
That's support.
Someone filming you while someone else holds a Mic out of frame,
That's support.
Someone writing your cool action movie one liners?
That there be support.

(Note even a support character who doesn't actively fight crime can have a power)

As far as super powers go I'd say it's soft magic. If your struggling for ideas I'd suggest googling "quirks" and taking it from there, If I feel it's to OP or to BS I will ask you change or nerf it.

Show enthusiasm/ask questions here

For some examples of hero's and the content they make...
Archer Accurate--
person who fights crime with a wide range of trick arrows.
Content is of themselves fighting crime or footage of them showing off with trick and challenge videos.
(Think "Green arrow" meets "dude perfect")

Hot-Spot--
Person with pyromancer powers, fighting crime with fire and starring in a cooking show where they cook everything using their own flames.
(Think "fantastic flamer" mixed with "Jamie Oliver")

Mechanic and Moxie
The mechanic creates tools and weapons to fight with, Moxie fights crime by being able to shrug off devastating and deadly attacks with super human endurance.
They are apart of a Hero-team that holds monthly fighting tournaments, more famous in the cage then as a hero.

Characters go here

Last edited:
Okay...this is legit a really fun idea! It reminds me of MHA mixed with The Boys, in some respects. I might take a support role! Maybe a writer of some kind, or maybe even a tech geek?

I need to watch the boys. So uh, I won't claim it is or isn't like said show cause I know nothing about it except
"super powers in a modern society"

I need to watch the boys. So uh, I won't claim it is or isn't like said show cause I know nothing about it except
"super powers in a modern society"
It's what would happen if you gave actual people superpowers. The show is great. The comic is...eh? It's not bad, it's just oo focused on what superhero/superhero team they're gonna make fun of this month than actually telling a compelling story.

I find my idea to be a mix of boku hero and the one punch man universe

Where companies sponsor hero's like athletes and offer contracts for brand deals an whatnot.

The supers would use social media to show their work and prove they do good.
As well as make content for views, fans, sponsors etc

Support would matter just as much as hero's
Like how on Game grumps everyone knows who Arin and Dan is yet from jokes and references editors like Barry have a fanbase

Cameramen, editors, producers all have a role to fill to make the hero and the content popular

This reminds me of Tiger and Bunny! XD I would love to join.
I Google that name and instantly remember Japanese manga and anime have made every story ever and nothing is original anymore lol

We can only write interpretations of fiction created by them

I Google that name and instantly remember Japanese manga and anime have made every story ever and nothing is original anymore lol

We can only write interpretations of fiction created by them
Not entirely true lol. But it’s still a fantastic idea none the less haha.

CS page is up,
I'll most likely make and play Slip speed as well. As GM I find it easier to play any leaders in a rp I make aha

Unless someone wants to be a leader who I give info to OOC to push plot along. I am fine with whatever

Last edited:
That's wishful thinking on everyone's part aha

Nope, only veterans.

(Of course People can post characters lol I didn't post this check just to tease)

This is giving some serious The Boys vibes (only much less messed up) and I love it. Is this still open? I'm def interested.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back