• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Young_Charles99

~Heroverse~
To whom it may concern,
You have been invited to attend Julie’s Academy for the Gifted. Here, you will be expected to learn and grow as an individual while also learning to adapt and work in larger groups as a way of contributing to the world as a whole. We have a selection of multiple classes and opportunities as well as athletics and clubs that may help to someday push your future even further. If any questions do arise, please do not be afraid to contact us in search of answers. We do hope you will be accepting our invitation and join us at Julie’s Academy.

Sincerely,
Julie’s Academy for the Gifted

~Introduction~
Welcome to Heroverse, an RP that places you as a first year student to Julie's Academy, a school designed for educating and training those with natural and unnatural abilities. When I say natural, I don't mean any sort of potential. This pertains to the potential prodigies whose skills are beyond that of an average human. This RP isn't like many others. It is pretty strict and focused heavily around interactions and stats. It should be known that characters can die. In a sense, it's the real world, so it's possible. Your goal is not to die while also uncovering the truth behind what's going on in your city of Jersey.

First thing's first though, you'll need a character to use. Creating a character, you'll need a bit of information. You have three options to begin:
Humans are basic characters with skills that are above average abilities. When creating a character and including skill points, Humans are given an extra three skills points that can be stacked a total of one time. (Read more on Skill Points in the "Character Creation" section.)
Genetically Enhanced ("GE") are more advanced characters who rely heavily on their abilities or "enhancements" to fix every problem they encounter. Seeing as how they have abilities that others do not posses, the GE have skill trees that they can continue to grow on.

Manipulation Enhancements: Pyrokinesis (Fire), Hydrokinesis (Water), Geokinesis (Earth/Rock), Aerokinesis (Air), and Electrokinesis (Electricity)
Mental Enhancements: Telekinesis, Telepathy, and Astral Projection
Physical: Strength, Speed, and Healing

*Full ability trees will be given throughout the story. Upon unlocking or "discovering" a new ability, it may be added to a character's tree as if discovering it for the first time. Abilities may also be taught if a character comes across a master of that specific ability.*
A rare and almost unheard of race, Sorcerers are very intelligent and powerful, wielding many spells of different kinds that hold many capabilities. However, there are many different spells to learn, meaning a young Sorcerer can only know so much. It should be known that there are four houses of sorcery, each with a mastery of its own.

The Whitewoods: Glyph Mastery
The Hollands: Soul Mastery
The Harts: Nature Mastery
The Maxwells: Summoning Mastery

~Character Creation~
It should be noted that every character has a set status of health and energy. Each player has 500 MHP (Max Health) and 500 MEP (Max Energy). Spend energy wisely and be careful not to run out of health. Alas, there are certain characteristics that can assist in keeping these stats from falling too quickly. During a character creation, every character is given five Skill Points to spend on Attributes. These are considered to be natural advantages to opponents. Skill points can be placed into any Attribute, but they cannot be stacked all at once unless stated.
Natural Strength: Increases Strength Stat by 10 Points each slot.
5 Slots Total
Natural Power: Increases Power Stat by 10 Points each slot.
5 Slots Total
Natural Speed: Increases Speed Stat by 2 Points each slot.
5 Slots Total
Natural Reflexes: Increases Reflexes Stat by 2 Points each slot.
5 Slots Total
Natural Durability: Increases Durability Stat by 5 Points each slot.
5 Slots Total
Natural Combat: Increases Speed/Reflexes Stat by 1 Point each slot.
Increases Combat Damage by 5 Points each slot.
5 Slots Total
Natural Weaponry: Increases Melee Weapon Damage by 5 Points each slot
5 Slots Total
Natural Swordsmanship: Increases Sword Damage by 5 Points each slot.
5 Slots Total
Natural Mechanics: Access to more crafting tech material.
5 Slots Total
Natural Medical: Access to more medical experience.
5 Slots Total
Natural Locksmith: Access to more hacking experience.
5 Slots Total
Natural Focus: Increases Projectile by 5 Points each slot.
5 Slots Total

~Combat~
Combat is simple. Just like a natural RP, each character is given a chance to execute an action of some kind. If this action is an attack, the stats of both the attacker and the attacked will come into play. First, it will be determined if the attack is successful or not by taking the Speed of the attacker and Reflexes of the attacked. A random number will be generated between 0 and the Attacker's Speed, as well as a number between 0 and Reflexes of the attacked. If the outcome of the attacker is higher than the attacked, the attack lands. Vice versa, the attack fails.
Attacker Speed = 10
Attacked Reflexes = 12
Random Number (0-10) = 7
Random Number (0-12) = 10
*The Attacked dodges the attack.*

If the attack does land, the other stats come into play. Taking in the attack damage (Strength/Power) and adding on any additional stats (buffs/attributes/etc.), any debuffs, attributes, or natural resistances will be subtracted from the total damage. Finally, the durability will then be subtracted from the attack score, leaving the attacked health to be lowered by that amount.
Damage = 80
Buff = +10
Attribute = +10
New Damage = 80 + 10 + 10 = 100 DMG

Natural Resistance = 15%
Durability = 20

Total Damage = 100 - 15% - 20 = 85 - 20 = 65
Total HP = 500 - 65 = 435 HP

~Closing~
To all those that are interested, this is going to be a tightly closed group for a limited amount of characters. I would like to have a small class of six to eight individuals. It will be somewhat of a journey, D&D styled RP with myself as the narrator, acting as enemies and most NPCs. (This does not mean you do not have access to creating your surroundings. While I am here to set the stage, I encourage everyone to be creative and help to push the stage further.) If you are interested in taking on a character slot, please leave a message below and I will DM you and go from there. This is not "first come first serve" style. I want those that are willing to stay active and involved as well as give 100% in every action and reaction given.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

I'm interested. What is your post size requirement? How regularly do you require posts?
I would prefer at least a paragraph. If it is necessary, I'll take shorter as long as there is a good reason behind it. The storyline will be organized into days, so I would prefer to get through at least three or four of them a day.

I would prefer at least a paragraph. If it is necessary, I'll take shorter as long as there is a good reason behind it. The storyline will be organized into days, so I would prefer to get through at least three or four of them a day.
I normally prefer making big posts daily, but I can mangae that. This thread doesn't seem to be getting a lot of interest, which is a shame since I can tell you've put effort into it. Maybe try advertising in the dice section? Perhaps go more in detail about what the story will be about and what you expect.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back