• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern Heroes (Superhero RP based on spy-fi tech)

Mitheral

"Growf!"
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
The near future...

Welcome to the world of “superheroes” of the Kickass and Kickass 2 variety - but with spy-fi technology. They have the sort of gadgets one would expect from James Bond or GI Joe movies. (Of course, so will the villains.)

Items like laser pens, miniature grapple guns, etc will be staple items. Feel free to borrow from cutting edge technology in the current real world, but as somewhat matured technology. Skills will be VERY important. Your CS should reflect these either as part of your background or an actual list.

Note: I MAY use a very few true superpowered individuals. But they will have more than enough limitations to be dealt with by mundane means. Some may be recruitable. Some simply don’t want to get involved. These are often geographically limited.

There will be 5 Openings.

Characters
Gotta have a Superhero ID (Vanguard and Junkyard Jane will be in use.)

Background (if necessary Before and After origin story)

Origin Story

Hometown and Transport
Funding Source

Villains
This will be a semi sandbox RP. That said, I want the group to design and approve the villains. However, once created they will be under the control of the Storyteller. (If we get enough of a group going I will need help with this.)

Villains should be specified as one of a few types:
Masterminds
Super Agents
Lackeys

Posting

I intend to PLAN scenes. They will be limited as to who may be in them. This is to prevent getting bogged down waiting for half a dozen members to post. Most will be limited to 2-3. Each scene will need to have a location specified. A date will be set. All current scenes will be set on the same date.

3rd Person, Past Tense
Semi Literate to Literate (Yes, I am relaxing standards a little here.)

Discord OOC

Join the Heroes Discord Server!

just so I am clear, are you talking about superheroes still in terms of people in unique costumes but in a more mundane world like kick-ass?

The short answer is yes. But note my mention of truly superpowered individuals. Hint: if they are recruitable, they should be within the realm of spy fi technology to beat. And it would be up to the group to track them down and convince them. Some really aren't made for combat. For example, I have a blind psychic. She really is blind; she really is a psychic.

Ok just wanted to make sure cause I have a superhero character idea in a dog costume basically, lol. so wanted to see if maybe it would fit here. Since I was thinking in terms of kickass domain, the character would have an advanced form of Hyperosmia (overwhelming sensitivity to smells), which basically translates to him having a really good sense of smell for things like tracking things or people, or detecting pheromones related to emotions. In terms of combat it would just be his suit, training, and a weapon kind of befitting spyfi

Interesting. Actually a device called a 'biohound' was created that sort of fits that description. It was created by an American scientist for use by the FBI. Really all it is, is a nanotech based artificial 'nose' linked to a minicomp with a database of explosives and drugs. The whole unit was originally the size of a briefcase. The biggest fear of its creator was that the technology might be abused.

I could see someone taking the technology and refining it (The original creator did, but never turned that over to anyone.) Then find a way to tie in the sensory data into a human's olfactory sensors. Improve the database to detect pheromones and such that come from emotions. Add some suitable audio tech to hear better. And you have McGruff, the Crime Dog. Take a bite out of crime.

I also have a backstory about an engineer who created a neural splice to help heal an old friend who became her security officer. He had been paralyzed by spinal injury as the result of a bomb blast that killed her husband and nearly killed her and her daughter. The splice was successful in transmitting data across the point where the spinal nerve had been severed in his lower back.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back