• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Heroes' Reunion

weemanv1

Thunder Force Disbands!They say all good things must come to an end. Today we have learned and are saddened to know that Oakland's premier superhero team known as Thunder Force has disbanded. A statement was released explaining differences between members as the reason, but no other details are currently known. When reaching out to the now former members, we received no response.

For nine years Thunder Force has protected our fair city and we have to ask ourselves what this means for our future. We have to wonder whether our heroes will still be there to stop the criminals who plague this city. Losing Thunder Force will surely cause civil unrest and bring about opportunities for these villains to take advantage of in the turmoil. To all reading this article I implore you not to lose hope and to remain vigilant. Do not let these felons win and remember that even without Thunder Force there are still heroes out there. If you doubt their ability, just remember that your support is a driving force for them. Do not give up hope.

"Hello and welcome to my humble abode members of Thunder Force. It has been five long years since we last saw each other, five long years since my defeat at your hands, and coincidentally five long years since you all went your separate ways. I, the mastermind you know as Sharpe have orchestrated your capture and soon your demise. Once this message has completed the door to this room will unlock and you will be allowed to leave. That is of course if you can. The halls that await you are quite mazelike and not every door will take you where you need to go. Expect traps and trap rooms of the most nefarious degree. In fact I have even reached out to other foes from your past. You may just happen to see some familiar faces during your time here. Now, I shouldn't delay you much further. Good luck, Thunder Force. You will need it."

The feed cut off and Jiro narrowed his eyes at the now-blank wall. He overheard the click of the door unlocking to let them out, but Sharpe had to know that many of the people present within this room did not get along with one another anymore. Jiro thought himself to have left on reasonable terms, but his aloof nature in his personal life obviously turned many away. He hoped they would get past that fast…and that other problems wouldn’t creep up as well.

He took initiative and marched to the door, opening it slowly and cautiously as if expecting a wire to trip from the other side for the first who was so unlucky to leave. Fortunately nothing came. Once he deemed it safe he let out his breath and opened the door fully to reveal a radical change in décor. The walls were sleek, metallic and white. It was like stepping out of a regal manor and into a space-aged hospital. The hall spanned out both left and right with doors dotting each side. None were marked unfortunately and it was impossible to tell if a staircase was behind them or a trap…or perhaps worse, an old foe. Having been plucked directly from the office he was unarmed and completely out of uniform. It wasn’t favourable for him. Still, he had other trainings to fall back on. He wasn’t completely defenseless and so long as he had his wits about him he could evade traps set if necessary.

“We need to work together.” He expected this would last at least a few minutes before someone’s ego came to a head, but he wanted to reiterate. Carefully he stepped forward into the hallway proper, careful not to trigger any potential pressure panels masquerading as otherwise inconspicuous tiles on the floor. The entryway was clear. He could safely say that much.

Now came what could possibly be the most difficult question he would have to ask. The hallways probably weren’t as maze-like as one might have believed and were probably evenly divided into various rows and columns. The way out would be hidden however and that meant exploring as much as they could until they found it. “Which way? Left or right?” He almost regretted asking, but they needed to make a decision.

"Wich way? Left or right?"

That was a good question. Of course the real answer wasn't so linear. They could go up or down through secret hatches if there were any. Or straight through the wall. Oh but we should introduce the person thinking these thoughts. Flint Locke aka combustion. Of course flint didn't want too confuse his accomplices so he merely said. "Right. And keep your right hand in the right wall at all times."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back