• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern Heroes' Reunion [OPEN]

weemanv1

Thunder Force Disbands!They say all good things must come to an end. Today we have learned and are saddened to know that Oakland's premier superhero team known as Thunder Force has disbanded. A statement was released explaining differences between members as the reason, but no other details are currently known. When reaching out to the now former members, we received no response.

For nine years Thunder Force has protected our fair city and we have to ask ourselves what this means for our future. We have to wonder whether our heroes will still be there to stop the criminals who plague this city. Losing Thunder Force will surely cause civil unrest and bring about opportunities for these villains to take advantage of in the turmoil. To all reading this article I implore you not to lose hope and to remain vigilant. Do not let these felons win and remember that even without Thunder Force there are still heroes out there. If you doubt their ability, just remember that your support is a driving force for them. Do not give up hope.

• Thunder Force. Those who lived in or around the city of Oakwood knew this name well. They were THE premier hero team of the area. From issues as trivial as bank robberies to a mad scientist’s attempts to encapsulate the city in a dome they were the ones there to stop these criminals. For nine long years the team were Oakwood’s protectors. Though the roster changed over the years, there was one constant and that was that they existed to serve and save the innocent.

Despite their deeds and public image, tensions were rising between members and egos flared. This culminated in a major falling out between members. Their headquarters was ripped apart in a clash of powers and ideals. Everyone may have walked away, but they were changed. Some opted to remain as heroes while others chose to retire after the incident. Others still fell into a darker path.

Hello and welcome to this superhero roleplay of mine! I'm still fairly new to this site so it may seem a little rough around the edges, but I hope to find some interest. If you have any questions, please ask! I wouldn't be surprised if I missed a few things and I'll try to keep this post updated with information that anyone thinks I should include.

Anyway, once I have enough interest I will be willing to start. Because of the way the plot works, I will allow others to join after it has started, but only as either other villains or heroes that were not a part of Thunder Force. The main team will be introduced and established right from the beginning as they all wake up together. That said, I don't want to start until we have at least four confirmed members and preferably more.
UPDATE: So I had the idea that if enough interest was shown there could be a second group of heroes if there is only a small number when we start. That's me problem solving lol.

There is a Discord group that is encouraged but I will not make it mandatory. Feel free to jump on and say hello here: Discord - Free voice and text chat for gamers

I believe that's all I have for now, so here's hoping for some interest!

Last edited:
So...there was another showing interest and they mentioned Overwatch (Even if jokingly) so I got really excited, but the post isn't here lol. Should also mention a couple of others have contacted me even if they haven't said anything here. I should also probably just be patient.

So assuming we're all still interested then we can start thinking of starting. I'm busy for the rest of today but I can get started some time in the middle of the week. Obviously still open to more interest.

I am interested as well. I love me some hero vs. villians showdown. 'Bout to hop in this discord chat as well!

Edit: Actually there is a problem with the discord link, it's expired. I believe you can make a permanent one though? weemanv1 weemanv1

Okay, I fixed the link (Still generally new to discord, sorry) and will start putting up a cs thread either tonight or tomorrow. I'm coming off a pretty hectic Labour Day weekend so I've had lots to catch up on.

Well guys, we're good to go. Here's the CS; there is a thread set for it too cause I apparently can't contain myself. My characters (Jiro and Sharp, the latter of which is more of an NPC at this point) are up there.

I'm not super picky so if there's anything you want to tack on be my guest. So long as this information is filled.

Name:

Aliases (If Any):

Age: (This is the only thing I'm going to put a limit on. Given the time skips that led up to this point, age should at the very minimum be early twenties and in those cases that character was probably a sidekick to the team. Let's try not to have too many of them please. This is for the heroes mind you; villains would actually probably be mid-twenties at the youngest. Now if you happen to play a character that wasn't affiliated with Thunder Force or their villains, there is no limit, but keep in mind you might not be doing much for a long while lol.)

Powers/Abilities/Skills:

Personality:

Appearance: (Pictures are welcome so long as a description accompanies them. Be as brief or descriptive as you like.)

Affiliation:

Background: (Again, be as brief or descriptive as you like.)

Anything else:

Giving this a bump for any extra interest. Heroes and villains both are still being welcomed at this point in time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back