• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Futuristic Heroes of Tomorrow

.happy now.

.bored now.
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
My Interest Check
B R E A K
But if you really want to live, why not try and make yourself?

can't... stop... now!
the incubus
Will I ever get to where I'm going?
fine again
— seether
mood: done
mentions: Mikey, Andre
scroll
One Week Later...

"Son, what were you thinking?"

Theo sat in the chair nearest to Trevor's door. Jean stood against the window pane, the glass making up for the entirety of the wall. Although they were a reasonable distance away from each other. The two were united in their concern for the events that transpired on his first mission, though they had very different ways of conveying that.

"He wasn't thinking, that's the whole point. You never saw to it to have him interact with other people, so it never occurred to him that he could ask for help instead of prying his head apart and sizzling what sense he does have." Jean sighed, closing her eyes as the rain pattered against the window glass. Trevor sat in silence, staring at the wall hard enough to rip it to pieces if he wanted to. He wanted to cry as he heard their ongoing lecture. Words began to fade into a muffled rythym. He already knew what he did was dangerous, he knew it when he pushed himself that far to begin with. Up until that morning, he was in a coma, medically induced. He had to let himself heal because they could not figure out how deeply he'd damaged his brain when he overdid it. Mikey wouldn't have been able to survive the trauma if Trevor had fried all his own synapses and rendered himself a vegetable.

He couldn't remember what he dreamt about, other than the fact that it was all white.

"He cannot just do that to himself over and over again. This time, he was lucky."

"This is all your fault. You put those walls up in his head...because you were scared of what he could do!"

"FOR GOOD REASON! YOU. DON'T. KNOW. WHAT. HE. CAN. DO! That's a higher threat than you'll ever understand and if you were a good father, you would have ended it at the start!"

"That's enough, both of you," Trevor said, standing up. The words they were saying didn't even phase him, as weird as the dialogue was."I fucked up, I get it. But, I saved some lives doing that. Isn't that what all of this is about? Now, If you don't mind, I'd like to wallow in my sorrows without either of you here. Get out." At the same time, the door swung open, slamming against the doorjamb. Jean was the first to leave, not saying a word. Theo stood and placed a hand on his son's shoulder.

"Call home soon, I miss you," he said, patting Trevor before leaving as well. Trevor walked behind them and locked the main room door. He then padded over to the couch that sat in the living room of his and Andre's space. He waited there for his mystical roommate, wanting to ask him if there were any magical remedies for his mind and the "walls" that were apparently there. It struck him odd that they'd keep something like that from him until now.

But, what was odder was the fact that the two hadn't told him that they'd stopped talking long before that and he had read their minds.
© reveriee

KingofAesir

Ghostly Presence
Freddie MacNeil

A week of recuperation time seemed enough for most of them. Fred supposed it might have been longer if Mikey hadn’t been able to heal the majority of the group’s wounds. She still hated that he’d done that, mind, and every time she flexed her left wing a phantom pang of pain would shoot down her spine and she suspected it was because it reminded her of everything that had gone down. She had spent most of that week wheeling Kat around like a bat out of hell because of this strange need to make the other woman laugh. Fred had decided she’d rather not look too far into the implications of that, it didn’t matter anyway. The last time Fred had really cared about another person like that had ended terribly and she was frankly a little terrified of it happening again. So, she’d have to do what she did best and steadfastly ignore all her thoughts and feelings about Kat or really any of her teammates. Scribble them away under a leather cover and lock them in a drawer. That’s exactly what she did, in the end. Wrote. Filed away the way her chest ached when Kat smiled at her, and how Lex made her feel a level of comfort in their shared space that she had never felt around someone else before, and the kinship she felt with Jude and their strangely similar outlooks, God she’d even written about Daniel and stupid trust.

But none of those thoughts would ever be spoken out loud to their respective focuses, that’s why they were locked away in that drawer, she couldn’t risk that level of honesty without the potential for it to cause her to lose people she had just started to like. They had already come so terribly close to dying and Fred was all the less inclined to let herself get too close. If she kept that wall up, kept them at a safe distance, it would hurt less if they left. It was becoming more difficult to do so the more time she spent with her team but to hell if she wasn’t stubborn enough. Since the fight Fred had been replaying every decision, she’d made repeatedly in her head. Maybe if she hadn’t tried to run she could have been in good enough shape to help Kat, or warm Jude with her sword (not that she even knew how to make it do all of that magic-y stuff yet), and then maybe Daniel wouldn’t have gotten so torn to shreds and Mikey wouldn’t have had to heal the both of them. It all seemed to just circle back to if she hadn’t tried to run and it was grating on her. She had tried to run, to leave them all behind a kind of singular minded self-preservation instinct that she hadn’t yet been able to shake. It was ripping her up inside that she had almost done that. If that robot hadn’t broken her wing she would’ve run away. But then those thoughts would fall back to the fact that if she hadn’t tried to fly away, she would have died. Somehow that felt like the better option anyway, she would rather have died then watch Daniel carrying Kat’s limp body through the chaos again. She would rather die then ever feel that helpless again.

Freddie shuffled into the training room with a heavy fog over her mind; trying to sort out all the guilt and regret swirling around up there. She was looking forward to hitting something or someone to distract her from those thoughts, but their oh-so-awesome babysitters seemed to have other ideas. The moment Dick opened his mouth and started spewing shit about disappointment and show-offing and dead civilians she wanted to rip his head off. The fog she’d been in was replaced by a hot coiling anger in her gut. What the fuck was this guy even going on about? Several of them had almost died trying to save people and he had the nerve to stand there and talk to them about disappointment. Her gaze flicked over Kat and then Daniel and Jude and her jaw worked painfully. He started calling partners and Fred ignored the sinking feeling in her chest when Kat and Lex were both paired with someone else. She didn’t think much about the pairings as she moved to stand next to Andre and Trevor, arms crossed over her chest, wings drawn tight against her. When he finished speaking Fred decided she didn’t want to be silent anymore.

“I don’t know what fucking battle you were watching, Dick.” Fred never spoke much louder than a decibel above a loud whisper, but she was projecting now, making sure everyone could hear, “We were majorly outnumbered, those things were programmed to kill specifically us and half of us were minutes away from dying when the fucking cavalry finally decided they’d better wake the fuck up.” She had kept her gaze trained on a spot on Dick’s face right below his eyes but she chanced to move them up now, “Daniel almost died saving our teammates and Mikey pushed himself way to far healing us. We didn’t need your disappointment speech, Dad, I think that whole trauma-inducing experience was enough.” Fred sucked in a breath harshly through her nose, turning on her heel with a glance back at her partners to the day and leaving the room before she let herself say anything else.

Fucking stupid.

Mentions: Kat a z u l a a z u l a , Lex hery hery , Jude birth of venus birth of venus , Daniel Fill Fill , Andre kurukurupa kurukurupa , Trevor .happy now. .happy now. Interactions: Dick u suck dick

coded by: @s e v e n

kurukurupa

What’ happening?
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
CODE BY SEROBLISS
André Le Vaughn
Sorcerer & Scientist
"You seemed troubled, Andre"

Andre's astral form floated beside Maitreya as they both basked in the view of the Himalayan mountains across them in Shambhala. It's been a week since their failure of the mission in Star City and it's been bothering Andre for a while, something Maitreya seemed to sense halfway across the planet when she asked him to meet her in Shambhala to talk. It always surprises him how well she knew him, it was as if she knew him more than Andre knew himself, and he was proud to be taught by such a wise figure. So when Andre went to meet her, he had expected her to be disappointed in him but instead, he was met with a warm smile as both of them said nothing to each other, just enjoying the natural view of the vast scenery.

"Aren't you disappointed in me, from what happened?". Andre finally broke the silence with a look of guilt and concern as he turned to face Maitreya who seemed unphased by his assumption, continuing to enjoy the view. "And why should I?". Her response ticked him off, she was his prized pupil and he couldn't even function properly out on the field, going against everything Maitreya taught him. Remembering everything from what he did on the mission made him internally cringe, what was he thinking casting a banishment spell on a horde of robots knowing more would come, and that's not all, he barely had any energy within him and almost killed himself for being reckless. As if reading his mind, she spoke before he could.

"A failure is not always a mistake, it may simply be the best one can do under the circumstances. The real mistake is to stop trying. When you attempted your first invocation to summon Cyttorak's Crimson Bands, did it work?". Maitreya questioned him when she turned to face him as he shook his head in reply. Andre knew she was right, he didn't, even to this day he gets no answer when he invokes the Vishanti. He wasn't trained to be a superhero, so it's only natural that he wouldn't nor the others would be good at it.

"So stop sulking in your room and talk to someone. And please get some sleep, I taught you the spell to keep Nightmare away countless times and you have Phantasos' Draught to put you to sleep to help with your insomnia."

"Fine, but I have to get going", knowing if he didn't, Maitreya will personally yeet him in another dimension when she finds out he stole the Sands of Morpheus from her.

"Alright, and make sure to eat too"

Andre's astral from soon disappeared in front of Maitreya as it went back to his body at the speed of thought. Feeling hungry from the trip, he went to his fridge to look for something to eat and he groaned as he saw the only meal he had was dead, multi-dimensional parasitic worms in a bowl. He didn't groan because of the worms, but because they were dead. "Really, now I have to eat you when you're dead". He muttered to himself and took the bowl out of the fridge, setting it on his table as he grabbed a fork from the small kitchen drawer in his room, ready to dig in.

Andre devoured the worm-like creatures like he haven't eaten in days, which was accurate. It was a revolting sight to any but he had to eat it, from constantly using magic, his body changed to only receiving mystical foods and other dimensional nutrients (whatever that means). And the taste didn't help at all, it was like eating rotten meat that was covered in maggots. But he eventually got used to it, so after his little "lunch", he walked out of his room to see if the actual kitchen in Mt Justice had anything to wash away the sour taste in his mouth. Only to be met with Trevor sitting down on the couch within their living area in their dorm, a place he rarely ever so visits.

"You okay?", he asked Trevor when he saw Trevor sitting down looking conflicted and deep in his thoughts. Ever since he lived with the psychic, Andre thought of them to be the most tolerable in this place and began developing a liking for them, which he won't express for reasons. He assumed that they might be thinking about the mission and how terribly embarrassing it was for all of them. I mean, who wouldn't, they were utter garbage out there and they couldn't do anything to reverse the damage.

.happy now. .happy now.

Last edited:

.happy now.

.bored now.
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
My Interest Check
B R E A K
Claim it all, Nothing gold can stay

discover/the/end
the incubus
Will I ever get to where I'm going?
fine again
— seether
mood: done
interactions: Freddie, Andre
scroll
It was like a wave of near haptic reassurance hearing Andre's voice coming from the left side of their shared space. The level of corcern jolted Trevor from his hazy thoughts, bringing him back to the sharp sense of reality. His head still buzzed though, frantically searching for answers to a question that had yet to reveal itself. He decided to give it up, at least for now. Nothing good could come from a demise of stability in a place where the word "stable" was little more than a last bastion for those clueless enough to think it could apply to themself. He smiled sheepishly at Andre. It was good to see his face, sometimes.

"Yeah," he replied, stretching out and forward with his weight pushed on the balls of his feet. "But, I have a question. Say, someone wanted to block you from using the fullest extent of your powers...could that be done? Like...lately...I feel like my mind is breaking apart sometimes. And, I just heard my dad and Ms. Grey saying something about ending things from the start." He sat back, head facing the ceiling and blinking back tears that threatened to well up and spill over into the mess that he was becoming.

"I'm so fucking tired. I've been doing this since I was a kid. I have no friends...no family. And, I'm supposed to pretend that it's all okay...I'm tired of being 'okay'. I want to be great, one day. Even if it's for one grand moment, if it'll make up for all of this." He then burst out in a fit of uncontrollable laughter. Trevor was afraid he was losing his shit. He stood up, facing Andre with a blank stare. He then took the man's hand and clasped it in his own. "Thanks for listening." he said solemnly, kissing his fingertips then letting go and wandering out of their unit. As he marched briskly down the hallway he licked his lips, Andre's taste comforting him a little.
---

Great. Trevor could just feel the vivid range of emotions rolling off of Freddie as they were paired up in a mock attempt to inspire comradire. To him, this seemed rushed and, frankly, he just wanted to sleep a little before he had to help prepare the meal for that night (it was theraputic for him to be involved in as many tasks that required his complete attention as he could get). At least the Sorcerer would be involved. And so, the thought was as simple as it was brilliant. If he could not get any shut eye, he'd get as close to numbing his mind as possible while fufilling the bonding drill: Group Meditation. He blankly followed Freddie out of the room, beckoning Andre to follow close behind.

After her outburst, the woman seemed a little bit on edge. They came to the Rock Garden, which Dick tended to with keen precision. Lines and grooves drawn in the rock bed looked...calming, and orderly. Trevor stepped out onto the pattern, one foot at a time. He liked it, the controlled chaos of his own making, bringingsomething different to the norm. It was liberating, even though it was a run of the mill Zen Garden.

"Come on," he called out to the others, who followed him out to where he planted his butt in the rocks like a sunflower. "Now,"he said, looking at them with a pseudo-guru look in his eye, "I was going to suggest that we...meditate. Empty our minds and relax today. Then, afterwards, we can share thoughts, feelings, and all that shit. Any other suggestions?" he asked, giving them a chance to back out. Freddie still seemed pissed, to the point where Trevor was starting to feel just a tiny bit pulled into her emotions from his empatic side of his powerset. 'Nothing to worry about,' he hoped as he looked at his friends.
© reveriee

KingofAesir

Ghostly Presence
Freddie MacNeil

Trust was a fragile, small thing. Fred’s hands hand never held something so fragile. Her fingers had been curled too tightly around it and it had withered and died under her pressure. But that had been okay, she didn’t know it was dead. Schrödinger’s Cat. If she didn’t open her hands to look it would never really be dead. But the disappointed tone in Dick’s voice and Donna standing behind with an expression Fred hated looking at had forcibly pried her hands open. Now she knew that fragile trust was dead. No more cat.

Anger was a familiar feeling to Fred, but it was often no more than a low simmering in her chest that she could easily stoke down. Now it felt like fire in her throat, like if she opened her mouth, it might spew out and burn everything. It was strange. She couldn’t even begin to understand why it was so intense. Or maybe she just didn’t want to.

Freddie’s back was ramrod straight and her chin was tilted up and back as she walked. The walls were white. She hated this place, really. Everything was so perfectly pristine and new. It was a strange, sharp contrast with the only other form of home she had ever known before. Her childhood had been dark corners and musty wood, this was gleaming walls and wide windows. A cave might be more comfortable for her. They had spent weeks here, training, living, existing together and all the comfort, all the trust she had managed to cobble together with the people around her had been so fragile. The logical part of her knew that Dick and Donna hadn’t sent them out so blind, so vulnerable like that on purpose. Knew that they hadn’t known. But there was still that small girl, watching her father put the barrel of a gun to her mother’s head. It felt like betrayal to her, and Dick’s parental speech had only made it worse.

Fred was an old, crumbling house, and belladonna was growing in her cracking façade. There was a snake in the garden. Judas had turned his back. Et tu, Brute? There was a heart beating under the floorboards, but was it her own or someone else’s?

The air felt charged and staticky as the three of them stepped out into the rock garden. The moment before a lightening strike. Damocles sword hanging above her head by a string. The vertigo of standing on the edge of a sheer cliff. Freddie’s fingers pressed into her palms in her pockets, sickle shapes in her skin. Trevor was suggesting something about meditating and Freddie could not feel more disconnected from everything. Sitting there and closing her eyes with him would require her to think about the storm of feelings sitting heavy in her chest. She did not want to think.

“Any other suggestions?” Trevor asked and Freddie felt his eyes skip over her and Andre. She had several suggestions, most of which included destroying Dick’s stupid rock garden or maybe just him in general. But she couldn’t say anything like that without sounding like she had lost her mind. There was only one spirit here. It was wavering in and out of visibility somewhere off in the corner. If she stared hard enough, she could see the soft curve of a jaw, the hard line of a brow. A woman, she decided. It wasn’t looking at her. Instead, its focus seemed to be trained somewhere off in the distance. Fred did not try and follow the gaze, tearing her eyes away from the shadow.

“Yes, actually.” Freddie started, carding her hands aggressively through her hair, “Literally anything else but this. God, who does Dick think he is? We’re disappointed in you.” She scoffed, feathers bristling against her back.

“What a load of fucking bullshit. I don’t know why the hell I’m here listening to high and mighty idiots tell me what the fuck to do. Tell me they’re so disappointed in me like—like he’s my goddamn parent or something.” She was growing more and more frantic by the second, pacing about like a caged animal, “We all almost died. Died. Dead. Gone. And he has the audac—” Freddie cut herself off, stopping abruptly.

“This is their fault. They sent all of us out there without any…without any knowledge or anything. They should have known, right, it’s their job to know shit? It’s their fucking fault and I want to rip his throat out.” Fred breathed sharply through her nose. Her hands laced together at the back of her neck and she cast her gaze up at the ceiling.

They should have known. Their fault.

Daniel smiling past his bloody face. Mikey breaking himself repeatedly. Jude, cold on a gurney. Lex wide eyed against the chaos. Kat laying in a hospital bed, broken and quiet. Freddie didn’t think she’d ever be rid of those images. She hated them.

She wanted to rip their throats out.

Mentions: Kat a z u l a a z u l a , Lex hery hery , Jude birth of venus birth of venus , Daniel Fill Fill Interactions: Trevor .happy now. .happy now. , Andre kurukurupa kurukurupa

coded by: @s e v e n

Users who are viewing this thread