• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

a z u l a

these violent delights have violent ends.
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
My Interest Check
HEROES OF TOMORROW
a new era of justice
loading ...
... scroll up
premise. . .
dc/marvel inspired
superheroes
18+
Change is inevitable - the world is slowly shifting into something new, unrecognizable. Earth's heroes have grown old, no matter how powerful they might be. What people once perceived as gods are now slowly beginning to fail the public eye. While their legacies are etched into the marble slab of their noble history, it seems like every day a new villain rises to take the place of one who's been defeated and there simply aren't enough heroes to be everywhere at once. That's why the Heroes of Tomorrow initiative has been created. Young mutants like yourself have been recruited to be a part of the program designed to train the next generation of heroes, however questionable their origins may be. The initiative's core value lies in the idea of the inherit good in people, a deep belief that despite your differences, you too can make change in the world and follow in the footsteps of your heroes.

The initiative's reach is global, and we do not turn our noses at the backgrounds of our recruits. Some of these young trainees are the children or sidekicks of heroes, while others teetered the edge of villainy but have been given a chance to redeem themselves. Regardless of their pasts, these young potentials have been chosen to train with the League and carry out missions to prove themselves worthy of being the Heroes of Tomorrow.

As of now, the initiative has not been publicly announced - the general populace is unaware of the new effort to shape and introduce a new era of heroes, but rumors about new recruits are rampant.
more info. . .
scroll
Lore.
what to know
scroll
This is NOT a DC/Marvel roleplay, but inspired a roleplay inspired by these two superhero franchises. It is based off of DC Comics' Young Justice, so we will be referring to some canon things like "The League" but our characters will be entirely original. You can create characters based off of canon DC/Marvel characters or their children as long as they are original.
Setting.
where we are
scroll
Currently, our roleplay is set in 2052, far into a future where our beloved heroes have begun to slip into old age, unable to keep up with the toll of their line of work. The initiative has been kept out of the public's eye and their knowledge for now, to both protect the new recruits' identities, as well as to limit any leaks of facts to villains.
Powers.
the recruits
scroll
Our new heroes come from all walks of life. Heroes may range from aliens, Atlanteans, to plain old Batman-esque vigilantes. While superpowers in society are still not common, now more than ever are people seeing the results of superpowered folks and their offspring. Please try to keep characters different from one another. If two people submit characters that are too similar to each other, we will only accept one. Don't forget that your characters can be fully human with no powers as well, and their skillsets are just as important.
// rules ...
This roleplay is 18+ and is not first come first serve, so please understand that not everyone who applies will be selected. We will use Discord to communicate once everyone is accepted.
This roleplay is all about drama, but please keep the drama in character. There will be no tolerance for any rudeness to other roleplayers. Please adhere to all the RPN guidelines. We reserve the right to kick anyone at anytime.
Keep godmodding to a minimum - overpowered characters will not be allowed. While this is a very fictional setting, we'd love to see a good amount of balance. If you have questions about your character(s) please message both me and Venus to discuss. There is a 2 character limit for now.

Literacy is key. We're looking for engaging, creative writers, and there is a three paragraph minimum per post once the roleplay starts. Writers block and typos are completely understandable, but please try your best to be a semi-literate writer and post once or twice per week.
what will you die for?
© reveriee

HEROES OF TOMORROW
a new era of justice

Premise
CHANGE IS INEVITABLE - THE WORLD IS SLOWLY SHIFTING INTO SOMETHING NEW, UNRECOGNIZABLE. EARTH'S HEROES HAVE GROWN OLD, NO MATTER HOW POWERFUL THEY MIGHT BE. WHAT PEOPLE ONCE PERCEIVED AS GODS ARE NOW SLOWLY BEGINNING TO FAIL THE PUBLIC EYE. WHILE THEIR LEGACIES ARE ETCHED INTO THE MARBLE SLAB OF THEIR NOBLE HISTORY, IT SEEMS LIKE EVERY DAY A NEW VILLAIN RISES TO TAKE THE PLACE OF ONE WHO'S BEEN DEFEATED AND THERE SIMPLY AREN'T ENOUGH HEROES TO BE EVERYWHERE AT ONCE. THAT'S WHY THE HEROES OF TOMORROW INITIATIVE HAS BEEN CREATED. YOUNG MUTANTS LIKE YOURSELF HAVE BEEN RECRUITED TO BE A PART OF THE PROGRAM DESIGNED TO TRAIN THE NEXT GENERATION OF HEROES, HOWEVER QUESTIONABLE THEIR ORIGINS MAY BE. THE INITIATIVE'S CORE VALUE LIES IN THE IDEA OF THE INHERIT GOOD IN PEOPLE, A DEEP BELIEF THAT DESPITE YOUR DIFFERENCES, YOU TOO CAN MAKE CHANGE IN THE WORLD AND FOLLOW IN THE FOOTSTEPS OF YOUR HEROES.

THE INITIATIVE'S REACH IS GLOBAL, AND WE DO NOT TURN OUR NOSES AT THE BACKGROUNDS OF OUR RECRUITS. SOME OF THESE YOUNG TRAINEES ARE THE CHILDREN OR SIDEKICKS OF HEROES, WHILE OTHERS TEETERED THE EDGE OF VILLAINY BUT HAVE BEEN GIVEN A CHANCE TO REDEEM THEMSELVES. REGARDLESS OF THEIR PASTS, THESE YOUNG POTENTIALS HAVE BEEN CHOSEN TO TRAIN WITH THE LEAGUE AND CARRY OUT MISSIONS TO PROVE THEMSELVES WORTHY OF BEING THE HEROES OF TOMORROW.

AS OF NOW, THE INITIATIVE HAS NOT BEEN PUBLICLY ANNOUNCED - THE GENERAL POPULACE IS UNAWARE OF THE NEW EFFORT TO SHAPE AND INTRODUCE A NEW ERA OF HEROES, BUT RUMORS ABOUT NEW RECRUITS ARE RAMPANT.

Lore
THIS IS NOT A DC/MARVEL ROLEPLAY, BUT INSPIRED A ROLEPLAY INSPIRED BY THESE TWO SUPERHERO FRANCHISES. IT IS BASED OFF OF DC COMICS' YOUNG JUSTICE, SO WE WILL BE REFERRING TO SOME CANON THINGS LIKE "THE LEAGUE" BUT OUR CHARACTERS WILL BE ENTIRELY ORIGINAL. YOU CAN CREATE CHARACTERS BASED OFF OF CANON DC/MARVEL CHARACTERS OR THEIR CHILDREN AS LONG AS THEY ARE ORIGINAL.

Setting
CURRENTLY, OUR ROLEPLAY IS SET IN 2052, FAR INTO A FUTURE WHERE OUR BELOVED HEROES HAVE BEGUN TO SLIP INTO OLD AGE, UNABLE TO KEEP UP WITH THE TOLL OF THEIR LINE OF WORK. THE INITIATIVE HAS BEEN KEPT OUT OF THE PUBLIC'S EYE AND THEIR KNOWLEDGE FOR NOW, TO BOTH PROTECT THE NEW RECRUITS' IDENTITIES, AS WELL AS TO LIMIT ANY LEAKS OF FACTS TO VILLAINS.

Rules
01.THIS ROLEPLAY IS 18+ AND IS NOT FIRST COME FIRST SERVE, SO PLEASE UNDERSTAND THAT NOT EVERYONE WHO APPLIES WILL BE SELECTED. WE WILL USE DISCORD TO COMMUNICATE ONCE EVERYONE IS ACCEPTED.
02.THIS ROLEPLAY IS ALL ABOUT DRAMA, BUT PLEASE KEEP THE DRAMA IN CHARACTER. THERE WILL BE NO TOLERANCE FOR ANY RUDENESS TO OTHER ROLEPLAYERS. PLEASE ADHERE TO ALL THE RPN GUIDELINES. WE RESERVE THE RIGHT TO KICK ANYONE AT ANYTIME.
03. KEEP GODMODDING TO A MINIMUM - OVERPOWERED CHARACTERS WILL NOT BE ALLOWED. WHILE THIS IS A VERY FICTIONAL SETTING, WE'D LOVE TO SEE A GOOD AMOUNT OF BALANCE. IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS ABOUT YOUR CHARACTER(S) PLEASE MESSAGE BOTH ME AND VENUS TO DISCUSS. THERE IS A 2 CHARACTER LIMIT FOR NOW.
04. LITERACY IS KEY. WE'RE LOOKING FOR ENGAGING, CREATIVE WRITERS, AND THERE IS A THREE PARAGRAPH MINIMUM PER POST ONCE THE ROLEPLAY STARTS. WRITERS BLOCK AND TYPOS ARE COMPLETELY UNDERSTANDABLE, BUT PLEASE TRY YOUR BEST TO BE A SEMI-LITERATE WRITER AND POST ONCE OR TWICE PER WEEK.

Last edited:
Eric Andre GIF

omg i’m interested!

Tentative interest! As I don't know if certain powers will fill up soon so I gotta see if I have an original thing to add once CSes open haha.

One question; Will the DM posts be mostly code free or offer a non-code option for reading?

Interested of course!

938.png
sitting in stunned silence of your brains

How young are the young heroes? Teens? Young adults? I don't wanna make a character unfit for the setting by mistake.

Also, are we going for a realistic aesthetic? Aka not anime.

How young are the young heroes? Teens? Young adults? I don't wanna make a character unfit for the setting by mistake.

Also, are we going for a realistic aesthetic? Aka not anime.
oh great questions!

I was thinking 17-24 age range so they’re a little older. For faceclaims, I prefer realistic but I’m fine with art/anime as an addition to show powers/costumes/any body modifications

Okay I'm in. I got a coolish idea in mind.

I call dibs on the goth girl spot!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back