• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Heroes of Today: God's Territory

Nodding absently, Vicky considered Eko's reasons. So he at least had a purpose, even if it wasn't very well planned out. Well, she could work with that, it's not like she was unused to jumping blindly into the deep end.

"Well, we could drop by the Heroes HQ to see if your friend's in the system. The main building's not too far from here I don't think."

It shouldn't be that hard to ask after one hero. Despite the property damage that usually followed her various escapades, Vicky knew she was considered small time. She wasn't consistently active and she didn't care for large scale destruction unless it suited her. There was only a slight chance she'd be in their system, and even then it was likely only to be as a series of incidents. While she didn't purposefully make her hits hard to connect to a single person, her interests tended to lend themselves to it anyway. It was convenient, and she new how to use an advantage when she saw one.

If she was low rank that would help too. HoT tended not to follow after their lower ranked heroes so closely, likely because there were just too many of them, well, more than the x's anyway, and because they were considered more expendable. Such was the fate of the weak. HoT may have vast resources, but they also had strict priorities, showcased quite nicely the other night by Knife's appearance at the bank.

Vicky started out in the general direction of the HoT HQ. Okay, so, the kid was 12, middle school aged then. There was a decent school system in the area, the elementary, middle, and high schools not too far from each other with the HoT in close proximity. It put the area at higher risk of attack, since a lot of heroes liked to send their kids to those schools, but it also made it much safer than most places. She could get him into school there and then find an apartment nearby. It would speed up research on Eko's friend too, if they could stay close to HoT.

As they got closer to the building, Vicky took a slight detour to check out the school buildings on the way. She whistled in mild appreciation at the destruction done to the high school. Part of the building was destroyed and she could see Zephyr flying away carrying some kid. Yep, definitely dangerous. Hopefully the middle school was less of a target, seeing as how most active heroes started once they were a bit into high school. It was an unspoken rule, she suspected, since she'd never met a hero younger than 15. She might have to reconsider where Eko went to school, if this was a regular occurrence.

Glancing down at Eko she asked with a hint of amusement,
"How do you feel about going back to school?"

_Line 213 _Line 213

Atticus Hart (Prof)
b040eaee361b9841e2e5e79926b84cc7--james-dean-style-jimmy-dean.jpg
Interactions: The Omen of Death The Omen of Death

Atticus looked up at the man, quite blasé being that he was interrupted from his work. His look was quite opposite of his, being he wore all white, compared to his all greys and blacks. He was European of some sort, telling from his facial structure. He knew he was being studied, just like he was studying the other man. This man was clearly charismatic, seeing as he had talked himself into meeting with him, but it was quite clear to him it was a facade. This man was a people player, just like himself. It would be quite a intresting conversation indeed.

Tucking his paperwork in his desk, he stood casually to approach the man, his black lab coat sweeping behind. “Professor Atticus Hart, but please call me by my name, or Prof. I dislike longated names.” His french accent was precise, the opposite of his bored tone with Unknown yesterday. This was going to be a chess match, and his tone expressed that fact. But he shook the man’s hand, and listened carefully to his next words.

Marcus Reston fell prey to his own creation. Shame really, although it reminds me of Rainsford’s situation, I happen to be Zaroff.” Testing this man’s knowledge of literature was his first move, his next sharply following. “Unknown is a specimen I see should be taken care of. I do not specialize in biology myself, hence him being thrown to the hounds of society...” Crossing his arms casually, he leaned against his desk, his amber eyes never losing contact with the man’s. “You seem to be a man of intellegence Monsieur, so tell me this. Why should I blackmail a possible buisness aspect? I am first and formost a scientist yes, but buisness is a close second. Hence my dual roles here at KISS.”

Eko frowned at the idea. He really was missing out on school in his home town from being away for so long, wasn't he? Not that he really had any friends waiting for him at his old school, but at the same time, repeating a grade didn't seem like a great idea all the same. His parents would be disappointed either way, that much he knew. Hopefully they would understand why he had to leave for a while.

Glancing back up at Vicky, Eko shrugged, doing his best to maintain a look of indifference. Seemingly, he wasn't all that great at hiding his emotions; a mild amount of concern seemed to leak into his otherwise passive stare. What if someone there knew who he was? But would he really be around long enough for anyone to discover what he was really doing there?

"I don't know," Eko replied, his voice shaking a little bit as they continued down the street, falling silent once more as he tried not to think too much about what might be waiting in store. "I want to find my friend and go home."

For the most part, he remained silent as the two made their way towards the building claimed by the Heroes of Today, unless Vicky had any other questions for him. The building itself seemed to intimidate the boy; it certainly wasn't what he was expecting, even if he had seen photographs of the place before. There was just something about it in person that made it feel all the more gigantic, all the more looming in person.

"...Is that it?" he asked, looking up at Vicky as they watched from across the street, "how many heroes are in there? A lot? Do you live there too?"

Interaction: Mega Mega

Sydney Rose
Sydney was sitting on her hospital bed, playing on a phone. It was her phone, and it was somehow not destroyed when Unknown attacked her. When she noticed that she had a visitor coming for her, she nodded and said, "Who'd come to visit me? Is it the guy from before? Is he here to pick me up?" The nurse didn't answer and simply handed Sydney a cane. Sydney took the cane and slowly limped to the lobby. It was finally here; her discharge date.

Upon exiting to the lobby, she saw none other than an older man who was the one who had paid for her bills (Mauve or something) as well as his son. She didn't recognize the son, though she was surprised that he was there too.
"Hey! Um, thanks for paying for my bills. Are you here to send me home?"

Doctor Nope Doctor Nope

Mauve gave off a cheery vibe as he answered the girl.

"Don't worry about it. You should probably be thanking Eryn for getting you out of the rubble in the first place."
He didn't give any indication as to who Eryn actually was, kinda forgetting to mention that part.

Eryn, on the other hand, was awkwardly standing behind his father, trying not to be too noticeable.

"We actually just came to see how you were doing, but if you give us an address then we can take you home right now."

D duegxybus

Vítězslav could now see he was being analyzed as well, it was great to see the man was perceptive. This man seemed to be the silver-tongued man himself analyzing him further. It was as per tradition that when two great minds meet they play a little battle of wits. One Vítězslav was prepared for now, he watched him approach, methodical in the approach, definitely preparing.

He returned the handshake, and returned back the courtesy of name giving, but used his alias and for the time being held back on saying a specific something.

"Zbyšek Sedlák a pleasure." Once he got the news, Vítězslav smiled, the old cliché of the creation killing the creator. But when Atticus brought up 'The Most Dangerous Game' his smile grew. Checking out his literary knowledge, Vítězslav most definitely bit.

"Ah yes, The Most Dangerous Game, I would most definitely see you exploiting on another's plight... The energy that comes from thrills, that same thrill Marcus must have felt in his creation of his experiment, it's a dangerous reward that goes hand in hand with death, huh? Preachers of Social Darwinism would say you are most fit to take over as you did, so readily and easily. But I see that as yet another one of life's clichés, an event like this occurring. But what am to judge that, I simply enjoy seeing the splendor of people's souls. There's various ways to see the specifics, but I can see it already here in you, a potential asset and partnership at hand."

Just as Atticus never lost eye contact, Vítězslav's own amber eyes never did either, although with the aside comment about Unknown, he frowned a bit. Vítězslav hoped he would have made more of an opinion or thought about the experiment.

"Hmm, so let me ask you another thing, what do you see in Unknown, what do you see him going to do next or what plan do you believe he has? Because over the course of my analysis of him and this as a whole I've definitely come to a conclusion and I don't think the end result would end well for you and I."

Then with the last thing, with Atticus questioning the thought of blackmail. Vítězslav simply shrugged his shoulders, and answered rather plainly.

"Well, I'd say it might be a rather unfortunate force of habit, sometimes at this level you see people who love to see an opportunity to take another out, the first chance they get or for some weird agenda. But you did hit the nail right on the head in your observation of me, also diving into the human mind quite often can tend to expose our dishonesty, and it sort of lead me to be grow a healthy dose of wariness in regard to people. But you appear to be somewhat of an exception, I don't fully trust you, nor do I expect you too either as of yet but I think we can work to mend that as well as working together which I shall get to you about in a second."

And in a slow non-threatening way, came close up to Atticus's ear to whisper something important he didn't want to risk anyone else to overhear. And then whispered.

"I am actually Mockingjay."

He then backed away for a second from his ear, gave it a moment to sink in and then continued speaking.

"So, another thing you should know is that Birdhouse is actually my associate and right hand man, as well as liaison in specific circumstances in case you had never heard of me, however this demanded my personal attention. So as per the fact that I wish for there to be a beneficial relationship between us two, I will let you know that Birdhouse was only used to get info on Unknown, I have no qualms with the organization itself so I didn't target anything else, and I will cease any hacking of any of these facilities afterwards. As for what I can offer you, I can offer you an electronic defense system provided by Birdhouse as she is also experienced in creating defense systems from hackers or anything trying to harm the integrity of your files. She is a world-class hacker and has built one that is even more powerful than world governments for me and for herself and you could have that as well free of charge, and lastly I can offer you financial aid in any form for any of your endeavors. Considering my associate is a well known freelance coder she tends to get a lot of high paying jobs so we can provide you with a lot of money. Now let me ask what you believe you can provide to us, that is fair for what I can offer you."

ReverseTex ReverseTex

Atticus Hart (Prof)
b040eaee361b9841e2e5e79926b84cc7--james-dean-style-jimmy-dean.jpg
Interactions: The Omen of Death The Omen of Death

Atticus was glad to see he caught his reference, and gladly indulged in his version of the situation. This man was indeed of intellegence, most likely equal to his. He could foresee a stalemate with the two’s words.

From the eyes of a quantum physicist I see Unknown as a peculiar idea. I know more about the atom than I do a human cell, and what I do know is this. It is physically impossible to control so much power as a mere human, although this world has its exceptions. But the alterning of matter, or ideas is a conundrum to me. So, I let him go. Why? Because I hardly care about the subject, but as a scientist, I respect KISS’s former employee for the discovery.”

His next explanation about blackmail rather intrested him, and his reveal to be a global terrorist intrigued him more. Atticus wasn’t scared, or concerned. This man was pure intrest, and if he needed he could dissapear before even being touched by this man.

With your recent breach I like the offer your propose. But I obviously understand I must return the favor.” Picking up a flash drive from his desk, he held it in front of the man. “As of tomorrow I am breaking ground on KISS’s new research. I am filing all of the former work in the past away, and throwing away biology. I see greater potential than the living organisms on this planet. Dark matter is the new wave of KISS, and once we harness it... Well let’s just say Unknown will be a meer atom compared to it.” Handing the flash drive to the man, he continued. “This has a direct link to the new layers of files dedicated to this research. It is yours.” Adjusting his collar on his labcoat, he smirked, “Good game Rainsford.”

Last edited:
Danielle Estrada

"Are you sure?" Danielle asked "I mean that guy told us to stay put." She then heard someone asking if they're fine. She turns to the one who questioned and says "We'll be fine. Some hero told us to stay put for a while."

Veltsu VI Veltsu VI Aliaas Aliaas

Norm Hall

When the healer entered and asked while she's healing, Norm said "I have no idea. Somehow, I've transferred some air inside me and when I released them, this is the result. Yes, I've been in a villain attack, and that villain I've fought is the infamous Hero Killer himself."

D duegxybus

Last edited:
Vicky supposed school could wait then, at least until they determined whether or not Eko's friend was really a part of HoT or not. If she was, the kid would go home, if she wasn't, then he'd have to stick around longer to find out what happened to her, so she'd enroll him in school. She wasn't sure what she would do if Eko's friend really was so easily found. In the few hours they'd known each other she'd somehow managed to develop a slight obsession with the kid. She'd deal with that issue when she got to it she supposed.

"Yep, that's it. I'm not really sure how many heroes are actually part of the whole thing. There's only a hand full of x's and only a few more v's, but as far as c's go there could be any number. I wouldn't be surprised if it was a lot. They accept people without powers too y'know." As for whether she lived there or not, "And didn't I tell you already I'm not a hero?"

Despite trying his best to hide it, the kid seemed supremely uncomfortable when confronted with the building. For sure the shear size of it was pretty intimidating, but she'd lived in Empire long enough to not be fazed by it. She guessed it made sense Eko was less composed, having come in recently from parts unknown.

Anyway, they entered the HQ shortly afterwards and approached the front desk. The whole place was a lot nicer than anywhere else Vicky'd ever been. Granted she was mostly a south side kind of girl, but she'd spent a fair number of years lurking around the nicer parts of town. HoT HQ blew all that out of the water. Apparently this is what happens when you're the law outside the law.

When they reached the reception area she let Eko take over. It was his friend after all. Vicky didn't even know the girl's name.

_Line 213 _Line 213

As the two approached the desk situated in the middle of the immaculate reception lobby, the primary receptionist behind the desk (there were several it seemed; perhaps not a bad idea, considering the constantly-busy nature of such a building) stood, looking to Vicky and opening his mouth to speak, only for the woman to refer the fellow to the child standing at her side. The receptionist shut his mouth briskly, glancing to Eko in confusion, before clearing his throat and speaking.

"...Welcome to the headquarters of the Heroes of Today, if you're...Here for one of our family tours," he began, quickly regaining his stride and his practiced smile as he continued, "the most recent one has only just begun. You should be able to catch them if you head through the doors on your right, or if you want the full experience and wouldn't mind waiting for about an hour, you can give yourself the full experience at your leisure."

Eko glanced up at Vicky, staring at her for a while, before it became clear that she was going to remain silent. Slowly, he looked back to the receptionist, taking a few careful steps forward, before pulling out his phone and sliding it onto the desk, the same picture that Vicky had seen some time ago displayed once more. "...I'm looking for someone."

The calm mention of the unlikely crisis prompted one of the other receptionists to glance the way of the Vicky and Eko, the head greeter catching the look, before turning his attention back to the two. "If it's help you want, I would advise calling law enforcement or our distress hotline; coming to the front desk is a bit of a round-about way of getting the help of the Heroes of Today, we are on call, after all."

Eko shook his head, pushing the picture a little closer to the man. "Maddie Wells. She came here," he insisted, pushing himself onto the tips of his toes so that he could slide the phone further, a subtle display of desperation. The receptionist glanced back towards one of his fellows, clearing his throat.

"How do you spell it?" the other receptionist asked, prompting Eko to slowly, carefully, spell out her name. The receptionist tapped in the query with equal slowness, flicking her eyes up and down the screen, and clicking for a few moments as she passed the name through every record her lowly station had access to. "...I don't see a Maddie Wells here anywhere..." She paused for a moment, before starting off again, her keystrokes moving with the blazing speed expected of a modern office-worker. "...No one matching her description either..." She looked back up with a bit of apologetic helplessness, a look that the other receptionist quickly emulated.

Eko pulled his phone back into his hand, and immediately looked up to Vicky for guidance. His expression was a strange one; he wasn't emotional enough to cry, it seemed, but there was visible worry and pain on his mien all the same. It was almost a frozen expression, one that had stopped right before true expression, afraid to go any further, yet still bore the trappings of the thoughts that caused it.

Interaction: Mega Mega

A soldier woman enters the HoT HQ, the foul stench of blood coming from her bloody suit immediately made the atmosphere unpleasant. She just finished a mission and ended up in a pretty violent way. She went over to the medical ward to get her medicine for her mask, and once she gets it, she removes her mask. Her mouth is full of blood and some little bits of human insides are stuck in between her teeth. After licking off the blood and removing the bits, she places the medicine in her mask and puts it back on.

Samantha Orville Shingeki

"There she is..." Samantha overhears someone talking to another person "And they said that she is hero material. But look at her, she's a fucking cannibal. I heard that she has killed over a lot of criminals and bathe in their blood like a complete psycho. We should be ca-"

"What did you just say to me?" Samantha was already at the two men's faces with a menacing look. The men went silent and they decided to walk away. Samantha sighs before she begins to walk along the halls.

(Open for interaction.)​

Fayette Solo
Zamasu Zamasu Aliaas Aliaas

"Yeah that i think we should do. What we can do all on ourselves if he comes back? I don't have way to call backup."
Fayette then noticed new boy.
"Hi who are you?"
Fayette then notices that sisters are missing.
"Where sisters are?"

Last edited:
Soleil and Lune Celeste

"Here!" The sisters yelled, and apparently they're sitting right at a corner away from the three "And don't talk to us ever again." They added, still pissed off over the fact that Norm had lied to them about his powers.

Fayette Solo
Zamasu Zamasu Aliaas Aliaas

"Have you two thinked that maybe he didn't know that he had powers?"

Fayette then back to Danielle and new boy.
"So what if we two go see Norm, Danielle? Could you watch over sisters?"

Last edited:
Danielle Estrada, Soleil and Lune Celeste

Danielle felt unsure if she could keep an eye on the sisters until they look at each other for a moment and nodded. "Fine..." Lune says "We'll go nyuu." Soleil added. Danielle sighed before she gets up from her seat and say "Let's go. I hope he's okay." She then walks out of the room, followed by the sisters, expecting the rest to follow.

~ Mason Crowley - The Creator ~

Mason just sort of stood there as they had their own conversation in front of him, never the best at starting or joining a conversation he just stood there awkwardly shuffling around before rubbing his neck. Fidgeting he would jump just a bit as two new voices came out of no where from the corner of the room 'Why would a hero say its okay to stay in a damaged wing of the school' he says in his mind all while standing there really unsure what to do "Well..er I-" He would start to speak out to watch as one of the girls began to walk out of the classroom, speaking aside he would make a face sighing softly 'Was never that great at this..'. He would shift about as he watches the three girls leave glancing to the last one to see if they'll be leaving as well while he would begin to debate what he could do to help the school.
Zamasu Zamasu
Veltsu VI Veltsu VI

He would turn to look to the girl asking him if he'd like to come with and would shift around a little before shrugging a bit "Sure, Not even day I get to have the chance of getting killed" He says with a hint of sarcasm. He would adjust his T-shirt and would move to shuffle behind the group stretching just a bit as he looks around "Where are we actually going though?" He asks curiously.​

Sydney Rose
Sydney frowned. Who's Eryn? Sydney didn't recall a girl saving her from the rubble. "Well, you can give her my thanks. I'd love to meet her if you have the time." Sydney gave a smile as she leaned on the crutch. For some reason, she still couldn't walk straight. Things around her were looking bleak in her eyes, and at the mention of homes she got cold feet.

"I, uh...actually, don't...have a home. I was hoping I could go home with you for one night?"

Doctor Nope Doctor Nope

Danielle Estrada

"That guy who took Norm might be from Heroes of Today, and that's where we heading." Danielle replies "And by the way, who are you? An dhow did you got in here?" She asked.

He looks at Danielle in confusion
"I....walked here?" He says with a curious tilt of his head "Oh and im Mason, Pleased to meet you all" He says giving a friendly smile before looking around the damaged hallways.

Danielle Estrada

"Well then, its nice to meet you too Mason." Danielle says with a smile "I'm Danielle, the two catgirls are Fayette and Soleil, and and the one-armed blondie is Lune."

triggered.gif

As Mauve started giggling to himself, Eryn facepalmed while going red in the face.
"Dad, I'll just....wait in the car.." he said as he went off to sit in the backseat as he usually would.

"Heh...alright." Mauve replied just as he got himself back together and started addressing Sydney again. "Yeah, that's completely fine. You can take Eryn's room while he sleeps on the couch.." He looked back towards Eryn and the car for a moment. "He'll probably be fine with it...if not then he can just deal with it anyway."

Mauve went back to the car, and would open the front door for her once she got there before beginning the drive home.

D duegxybus

Last edited:
Jim sighs out of the whole situation. But one thing he always wondered was the ethics behind mind control for self gain. While walking he came to conclusion that he wouldn't want too be mind controlled, but as far as he knew no one else could so he didn't have to worry about it.
He passed by the HOT HQ again. He never really went inside, he always saw them as government funded vigilante's rather then actual hero's. This time is curiousity got the best of him. He knew the HOT HQ was closed off, but he wanted in. How would one get in is a hard question to answer without trying first and seeing the layout.
He would need to join them, but just waltzing through the front door would hurt and asking for a application would never work out. So Jim kept walking, sitting down in the alleyways of HOT HQ. Thinking about how to get in, but not knowing enough he decided to drop it. Not wanting to get up but being profusely bored Jimmy pulled the Russian doll from his bag and started to play with it using his telekenisis. Pulling it apart and putting it back together. Like twiddling your thumbs but with telekenisis.
(Open for interaction)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back