• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dice Heroes of Plaethera (OOC Thread)

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here
Lovely, I enjoy a good bit of flexibility. What's the rule on trading between characters of the same player?
You can only do that between the end of one chapter and the beginning of the next. So once Chapter 1 ends, you can trade between your characters however you like, but once you choose your character for Chapter 2, you can no longer trade between your own characters until the chapter ends.

By the way, could we start putting the inventory lists in spoiler tags? I think that would make it a bit easier for us all to scroll through.

The thing is... I don't know how to use those.
Ah, that's no problem. All you have to do is use the following, just replace "X" with "spoiler".

[X]
The text you want to hide.
[/X]

Giving us

The text you want to hide.

If you quote this post, you should be able to see the code.

My bet is on Mark for the damage output, as it doubles an item's value for my base damage to be powerful.

Oliver is good for maximum damage output as well, but we have to keep him fed with healing and buffs.

Alyssa would be great for the castle, too. I recommend switching when we head there, if things go the way I think they will.

What is everyone else thinking?

Last edited:
I'm thinking Mark, honestly. I think Alyssa has a bit too much overlap with Ophiuchus role-wise, while Mark has a support move which Ophiuchus lacks a clear counterpart to.

OK, so - seeing as we've now reached our first combat situation, how are we doing dice rolls in here? Like, what's the limit of the dice we roll?

OK, so - seeing as we've now reached our first combat situation, how are we doing dice rolls in here? Like, what's the limit of the dice we roll?
Ok, so this is how it's going to work. You just write what attack you want to use, and I'll take care of the dice rolls.
For example:

> Mark used Quick Punch on Rizacoon (2)!

I take care of the calculations and the dice.

I loved the reactions Kylie and Ophiochus gave Yaloo. =P I would do both based on who I was during the conversation. Hit on me and you get the hand. Forget about me and I would quietly accept this but bemoan the fact that conversation will have to wait. I look forward to seeing more of their personalities as time goes on. Sadly at the moment Yaloo is centric on the ladies, but over time things would change.

Sorry for the long wait, I've been really busy this week. But finally, the first turn has been completed. You can see the status chart was updated at the end of the turn aftermath, where it showed the calculations done for every attack done by each character in the fight.

By the way, if you want to see the dice rolls, you can see the dice rolls on my previous post. I used the dice roll mechanic that is available here on RPNation for all dice roll purposes. I even decided to use it to determine which character the enemy units will target. This will be done with average enemies, so their attacks are randomized, but smarter enemies will be more strategic about who they attack when.

By the way, for anyone who is curious, when an effect has a percentage chance of occurring, the calculation is: (101- X), X being the percentage chance of the effect occurring. So for example, if a negative effect has a 50% chance of being inflicted, then the dice roll must be 51 or higher for the negative effect to be inflicted.

Last edited:
I made an edit to my post, changing it from a defend action to a stealing action. It's mildly more profitable!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back