• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dice Heroes of Plaethera (OOC Thread)

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here
I apologize... job is job, 'nuff said.

So pardon my ignorance but I have never been in a dice RP.

Am I supposed to just make a character like in a normal RP but with a "Core moveset list" sort of dynamic?

To my knowledge it is like a normal fantasy RP where you have particular skills that can be generic or special. For all of the characters introduced thus far, I think they took unique spins and "jobs" of sorts. The abilities follow a theme, like damage and healing, slow burn and regeneration, status effects, buffing and debuffing (Power Up and Defense Down, for example), and so on, but can be done in a way befitting your character.

I chose a damage build for quick and slow takedowns, someone chose a status ailment build, another a tank, and another a support build, if I recall right. So far it seems that we are missing a healer or a jack-of-all-trades.

I hope this helps.

We don't have a 'dedicated' healer, to be exact. Both of mine have one as well, but if we compare them both with yours...

>All 3 heal the same amount (10%)
>Ophi's purifies its target (bad effects begone)
>Yume's affects all allies and then it puts her to sleep (locks her out of using it again till she wakes up)
>Ame's grants Defense Up 3 for 3 turns as well as healing (self explanatory)

Although we have a total of three healing options at the moment, which is nice, the problem is the amount if we take too much damage.

I 'can' confirm we do not have a jack of all trades, though, but I highly doubt something as weird as a mix would work too well.

I was considering a healbot with a twist as my first character, so I can fill that role if someone wants to provide a damage dealer.

BoltBeam BoltBeam QuickSmasherEXE QuickSmasherEXE Thanny Thanny

It's true, there isn't a strong healing character yet, so that might be a good idea to have.

I also want to let you know something about the characters I submitted at the beginning of the character creation thread. When a chapter starts, you will be able to choose one of my characters to join you on your journey. I'll take control of them during battles, and they will function almost like any other player character. But the catch is that you get to choose which of them you want in your party at the start of each chapter, so feel free to strategize about how they can synergize with your characters, and which one might be the most beneficial to you.

Mark is kind of average. He has about average defensive stats, and most of his attacks are basic damaging moves, with one of them having a chance to inflict a negative effect on an enemy, and another move increasing an ally's attack. He's a bit more focused on empowering allies and basic damaging moves. His passive ability will synergize very well with any characters who keep their Super Meters charged for a while, since his passive increases the attacking strength of anyone that has their Super Meter at more than 50%.

Alyssa is more inclined towards negative status effects. 3 of her moves can deal negative status effects, and the other is just a strong damaging move that works as long as she isn't suffering from any negative status effects. Her passive ability will synergize very well with any other characters who deal a lot of negative status effects, as she increases the chances of all allies to inflict negative status effects with their moves.

Oliver is designed more with the intention of being a glass cannon. He has the strongest attacks of my three characters, but he isn't very resistant in terms of defense. While that's partially compensated with his passive ability of occasionally dodging attacks, in longer battles he will need allies to help keep him alive while he deals strong damage on enemies.

Feel free to strategize. At the beginning of each chapter, you all get to vote on which of my characters joins your party for that chapter. Perhaps as the game goes on, you might even meet new possible allies on the way as well.

BoltBeam BoltBeam Thanny Thanny QuickSmasherEXE QuickSmasherEXE

The game thread has been made! Get ready for adventure!

OK, so... do we just say which of our characters we are using, in that thread there? For that chapter?

Then what?

Alright then, was just confused about what was going to happen.

I'll put my choice in and then I shall wait.

We now have an official lore page!

Be sure to keep an eye on this page. New information about the realm of Plaethera will be shared here. You can't reply on the thread, but it's recommended you look at it everyone once in a while, since a lot of information about the realm of Plaethera, as well as information about the roleplay characters, enemies, items, etc., will be found there.

Be sure to keep an eye on this page. New information about the realm of Plaethera will be shared here. You can't reply on the thread, but it's recommended you look at it everyone once in a while, since a lot of information about the realm of Plaethera, as well as information about the roleplay characters, enemies, items, etc., will be found there.
Oh hey, a convenient reference guide for gameplay mechanics. Very nice.

So, I've noticed that BoltBeam included both Ame and Yume in the most recent reply, even though only Yume has been selected for this upcoming chapter. Are all of our characters to show up outside the castle, even the ones we didn't pick for this mission?

So, I've noticed that BoltBeam included both Ame and Yume in the most recent reply, even though only Yume has been selected for this upcoming chapter. Are all of our characters to show up outside the castle, even the ones we didn't pick for this mission?
Red had all of his trio show up and speak, so I decided to follow suit - assuming that's what we probably should be doing.

I may be confused on this front, to be honest, but I'm kind of assuming the entire group is together anyways.

Last edited:
Yes, during cutscenes all characters can appear. It's only during battles that you're limited to the character you chose for the chapter.

By the bye, this is mainly in jest unless desired. I never play the outright flirt with my characters, so this will be an, ah . . . interesting experience. I can always shift too to a non-flirt, so let me know if he brings discomfort.

By the bye, this is mainly in jest unless desired. I never play the outright flirt with my characters, so this will be an, ah . . . interesting experience. I can always shift too to a non-flirt, so let me know if he brings discomfort.
I personally wouldn't mind. I kind of like the idea of having romantic pairings among the cast, so at least in my book there's no problem.

Prepare the docks! A ship is sailing soon!

iu

I await and watch with eagerness.

What are the official rules on item and gold trading?
I guess if you want to trade between players, then it's kind of like Monopoly where you can trade with each other whatever you want as long as you both agree on it.

But when it comes to shops, you buy it at full price, and sell it back at half the price.

Also, notice the part that says "inventory". Basically, every character can hold a maximum of three items. Furthermore, you can only trade with characters that have been selected for this chapter.

I guess if you want to trade between players, then it's kind of like Monopoly where you can trade with each other whatever you want as long as you both agree on it.
Also, notice the part that says "inventory". Basically, every character can hold a maximum of three items. Furthermore, you can only trade with characters that have been selected for this chapter.
Lovely, I enjoy a good bit of flexibility. What's the rule on trading between characters of the same player?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back