• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Heroes of Olympus: The New Dusk (Main Roleplay)

Error404RealityFailed

Please contact operator to correct mistake
Demigods are going missing. One step into the forest, and no trace. The only thing left is their lone weapon on the ground right at the edge of the woods. No one knows what exactly is happening, but no one dares step out of the cabin at night... Still, people go missing... Would you be next?

"Welcome to Camp Half-Blood!"

Character Sheets--->

https://www.rpnation.com/threads/heroes-of-olympus-the-new-dusk-character-sheets.321198/
OoC--->https://www.rpnation.com/threads/heroes-of-olympus-the-new-dusk-ooc.321196/

Campfire? Talk about blazing crazy flames. Yet Ackara couldn't feel the heat. Even in the summer, she was wearing two layers and still shivering. Her glasses were slowly slipping down her face, but her hands were too cold to be moved. So she didn't bother as they slipped down her face. Her eyes, despite her thin form, were bright as she watched the Apollo kids leading in song. She had a marshmallow, but honestly she wasn't going to bother trying to squeeze in with the mass of campers down below.
(Open)

Astra sat alone, rocking back and forth to the music. She wasn't alone for long though, as a couple Hermes kids came over to give her a quick pat on the back before leaving. Most of them honestly didn't know what she was saying, due to her only using sign language, but they seemed okay with her anyways. She was often bringing random campers gifts... Usually mud cakes from near the lake, but there was thought in it... Now she sat closer to the fire, happily munching on the marshmallows and grinning at anyone.
(Open)

Raku Raku Akihito Akihito General_warNpeace General_warNpeace @I n t e l l i g e n c e Winter Saint Winter Saint
(We're in business!)

Laura sat near the campfire with her cabin of half-siblings, staring at the fire. Anyone outside of camp would assume she was spacing out while watching the flames, but campers who met Laura before knew that it was probably something much different, and possibly more complex.

If this campfire burns for over four hours, it would take approximately ... of logs. Position each in symmetrical and parallel formation, I suppose it could burn even longer. Laura's mind was always running but it happened to be dwelling on a very irrelevant and silly thought at the moment. Her siblings giggled at her since her concentration face was usually quite hilarious but she didn't notice.

Laura turned to her half-siblings to stare at them for a moment, before turning her gaze around the campfire, briefly stopping on the child Astra but only to calculate how big her shadow was for such a small person.

She absently, although perfectly, skewered a marshmallow and roasted it to perfection before popping it into her mouth. She chewed it thoughtfully while she continued to stare at the fire.

Error404RealityFailed Error404RealityFailed

Astra noted Laura's gaze with a deep frown. She couldn't figure out why the girl was looking at her like that. As a peace offering, she took her perfect (Burnt thoroughly) marshmallow and scooted over to Laura. Her head was tilted as she stared at the older girl before practically shoved the gooey mess into Laura's hair. It was sudden, so sudden there wasn't much to calculate. Astra looked very proud of herself now, deciding she had given Laura a brilliant gift.
Akihito Akihito

Noctis
Humming along with the Apollo kids song Noctis took the chance to look around at the other campers. Since his accident it was rare that he had his bandages off his eyes however he found the light of the fire only hurt him a little and enjoyed the rare moment of sight. The fact that he had access to as many gooy s'mores as he wished certainly factored into his happiness as well. He stared in shock when he saw Astra shove a marshmallow into Lauras hair. Before bursting into laughter, followed by many others as they saw the act.

Last edited:
Ackara slowly slid over to Noctis, looking a bit nervous as she held out a hand. "U-Uh, hi. I'm Ackara, demi god... That's obvious isn't it..." She mumbled, pulling her hand back. "You're Noctis, right?" Her confidence was wavering, and she was looking in every direction to try and take in all the sights. "I'm Ackara. I already said that..." Still she smiled nervously. "Astra's the trademark child, isn't she... Do you know any sign language?"
General_warNpeace General_warNpeace

Laura turned her head sharply as she felt a gooey mush being spread all over her hair. The little girl Astra was standing in front of here where Laura was sitting and had just spread a marshmallow destruction into Laura's hair.

Laura was frozen in shock and just stared at the little one. Even her mind had stopped processing.

"M-m-m.." Laura stammered. Her half-siblings also turned and froze when they saw the situation. "My hair!" Laura choked out.

She drew her knife with a deadly look on her face. Laura quickly held it up to her hair, ready to cut it all off. This has to go now. I have no other option.

Her siblings quickly tackled the knife away from her, although she was still frozen from shock and was likely unable to recover for the remainder of the night.

Astra looked very confused, finding Laura's adverse reaction strange. 'Why don't you like?' She signed, a deep frown on her face. 'It's very pretty.' She confirmed, still not understanding why Laura didn't like it. Apparently ruining hair was not a proper gift. Maybe it wasn't burnt enough... When Laura didn't do anything, Astra began to poke at Laura's face, seriously angry at herself for giving her a gift that he herself could have eaten instead of it being rejected.
Akihito Akihito

Last edited:
Laura felt someone poking her face. She focused her eyes on the small child. Her mind was still frazzled but she was somewhat comprehensive.

"Child. What do you want?" Laura asked, narrowing her eyes. Her hair was currently being cleaned and brushed by one of Aphrodite camper who was kind enough to offer her help, after being appalled at the state of her hair, even before it was mushed by marshmallow.

Astra blinked at Laura, looking very confused. 'Why don't you like gift? It was pretty in hair. Why get rid of it?' She signed, looking a bit angry now. 'I could have eaten it!' The girl began digging at the dirt, angrily patting at the dusty ground. Then she picked some up and placed it on Laura's hands. 'There! Now you have gift that can't be eaten!' She signed proudly, grinning at the older girl.
Akihito Akihito

Noctis
"She's certainly mischievous." Noctis said smiling reassuringly at Ackara. He could sense her nervousness and tried to calm her down. "I am semi fluent in sign language. I'm much better at spoken languages though. I'm Noctis, it's nice to meet you Ackara. Want a s'more?" He asked holding out one of the newly completed s'mores.

"Do you know how many germs could be in this dirt?" Laura said, devastated. She was about to throw it away but couldn't bring herself to do it in front of the little one.

"B-but.." Laura hesitated. "It is a good gift I guess. Um, natural value and all that." She put the dirt in her pocket, crying internally that she would have to clean it and patted Astra on the head. "Uh good girl. You can go away now. Uh. Shoo. Bye?"

Astra gasped in delight as Laura pocketed the gift. 'I knew it was good! It can be pet! His name is R-I-C-H-A-R-D!' She signed, looking very smug. Then she got up and began wandering around the pit before migrating back to Laura. 'When's my dad gonna claim me?' She asked, somehow managing to swipe one of the Athenian kids books without them noticing, so she was clutching it tightly.
Akihito Akihito

I hate children. Laura thought to herself, defeated. Laura noticed the book in the little one's arms but it wasn't her book so she decided that she had enough with the child so didn't even bother to try and get it back. Someone else can deal with this.

Laura went back to watching the flames, waiting for the ceremony to start. She wanted to know what the activities will be tomorrow. She hoped there would be games. Intense games. She loved those types of games. Plus it was fun to "simmer" the flames of the Ares campers.

Marlin loved campfires, but she couldn't wait for it to be over, so she could play D&D. Sure fun things were fun, like The whole marshmallow-in-hair deal and singing song, but she preferred her fantasy world. The heat roared in her ace as the fire grew higher and higher.

Ackara smiled slightly and shook her head. "I think they ha-have too much sugar... It's a bit late for a sugar rush in my opinion." She mumbled, looking down. "What cabin are you in? Hypnos I think if I remember correctly?" She asked before Chiron began to try and calm the campers.
General_warNpeace General_warNpeace

Astra frowned at Laura before just standing and jumping down to close to the fire and grab several more marshmallows that she promptly tossed in the flames for no apparent reason. She then turned to Marlin and stared at her for a while before signing 'I make it for demons. Demons need love too.' She signed before throwing several more in the fire, much to the large white Centaur's annoyance.

"Astra, please refrain yourself for using all the camp materials..." He sighed before stomping his hooves. "Alright campers! As you may know, tomorrow is capture the flag! The teams? To be determined tomorrow morning. The Hermes cabin and Athena cabins will each lead their own teams! Heads, please assemble your allegiances. That is all, goodnight. And please do not feed the harpies your flesh." He nodded to the campers, sending them back to their respective cabins.
LlamaInDeHouse LlamaInDeHouse Akihito Akihito General_warNpeace General_warNpeace

The campfire was always an interesting time, especially if Wolfe is in a good mood. He had sat with a group of other sons of Ares. They would often talk about battle and fighting or just tell some jokes to each other. As one of the boys in the group told a joke the group and a few people around them laughed. Above the voices, Wolfe's could be heard clearly. "That's a good one" he said, his accent strong. He is often told he is a little too loud, but all he says is "No, you're too quiet". As a centaur spoke above the crowd, mentioning capture the flag, Wolfe chuckled. "That ought to be fun" he said to a few of the people in his group. As he and his "squad" arose from their seats and started towards their cabin, Wolfe shouted out "We gonna have fun tomorrow!".

(I'm still in it. I forgot to get a post up)

Shrugging at her rejection Noctis began munching on the aforementioned s'more. Nodding when she guessed his house. "Yea, to bad dad doesn't have more kids though. Get's kind of boring. So I usually go steal a spot in Hermes. They know how to have fun." He hated being alone and it was easier to be in a smaller cabin. The silence kills him and the visions that hum in the back of his mind overwhelm him. "Which cabin do you belong in?"

Ackara went silent for a long moment at that question. Hephaestus, the cabin that could never be truly hers. The cabin that drove off what she longed for. "The Forges..." SHe mumbled finally, looking away. Then she slowly got up and sent him a strained sad smile before returning to her home for the night. Can't be feeding the Harpies can she.

RufusIt had been a long day. Summer had made people more relaxed. Still, the disappeared people hadn't returned. Will they ever?

Rufus wasn't sure.. only for one thing... He missed capture the flag in the woods. He stared at the fire, he was sitting on the stairs of his cabin. It was quiet, only two beds were made up. It was quite a mess around his bed. He didn't really care.
Today he didn't really felt going to the campfire. Ofcourse it was fun, but people always shared more if they had the same parent.

People were starting to leave. Rufus would probably stay up till everyone was gone, making sure no one would have to be alone this night

(Open)

Astra sat near the fire, ignoring Chiron's attempts to shoo her. The light made her happy, even if it had claimed her mother's life. The only reason she moved was the fact that she glanced over at Rufus. She decided he was interesting and scooted over to sit next to him and just stare. She did that alot.
Yarrow Yarrow

A girl walked towards his cabin. He didn't know her. When she sat down next to him, he looked at her, grinned and started back into the flames. The fireplace was nearly empty. The last ones were leaving also.

Somehow, sitting next to this girl made him remembering a good friend of him. Rufus had felt a special feeling for that friend since the day it walked into the camp. The friend had disappeared also into the woods. Rufus felt if something had broken inside him.

The glared again at the girl. He remembered that she only spoke sign language. He smiled, atleast she would be quiet

Astra refused to be quiet... That was the one thing she wouldn't do. When Rufus looked away from her, she took a piece of metal and began smacking it against the cabin to get his attention. Where did she get the metal? She stole it from the forges, but nobody could really stop her. Being a kid she got away with most things. Now, as payment for looking away, Astra suddenly reached down and grabbed Rufus's shoes, tugging on them to try and steal them. She did that to a lot of people.
Yarrow Yarrow

Rufus grinned again when the girl smacked with the small piece of metal to the Cabin "Zeus will be mad if you destroy his cabin you know?"
When the girl started to tug at his shoe, he made a small move his with hand, waving with his fingers. He manipulated the air around the shoe so Astra would be able to tug it off easily. Then he laid his arm around her shoulder. With the free hand, he did the same move again, but now a light breeze would go through Astra's hair

Astra looked at Rufus's shoe happily, pulling it on over her much smaller one. Now she had two stolen items to present to the Hermes cabin leader. She seemed very happy until he put his arm around her. Her expression turned sour, and she looked at him in confusion. Usually the campers would just shoo her (She never listened) but this one seemed weird as he did the opposite.
Yarrow Yarrow

Users who are viewing this thread

Back