• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Heroes From Across Time: An Isekai Adventure

Corrosion

ur lite fades awey
Supporter
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)

It happened to fast. One minute you were here, and the next you weren't. As to what you were doing when it happened, well, that depends on who you are. Perhaps you were fighting against the Gauls as a Legionary of Caesar's IX Legion, or against the Germans in the mud and the blood in the trenches of the Somme, or against al-Qaeda during Operation Enduring Freedom, or were caught in the explosion of an interplanetary shuttle during a catastrophic malfunction, or perhaps you just had the misfortune of being at the wrong place at the wrong time.

Either way, your life has ended, or perhaps it didn't. Perhaps you were searching for a greater purpose in life and wished upon a star for you to be whisked away on a great adventure, or perhaps on the brink of death you wished for a second chance, or perhaps you merely had the skills and knowledge deemed by an otherworldly observer to be vital to their cause.

Whatever the case, the last thing you remember seeing was what appeared to be a set of circular runes that appeared beneath you, glowing gold and ringing with an ethereal choir. Then a moment later you were enveloped by a brilliant white light, and the next thing you knew you were standing in the middle of what could only be a massive throne room. You realise that whatever wound you had sustained before has been miraculously healed, the clothes you wore restored to perfect condition, and even whatever illness you had now cured.

As you stand around dazed with several others who seem to be in the exact same situation, you look around and notice a vibrant and exquisite velvet carpet beneath you that led upwards, to a flight of stairs and an intricate throne at the very top. Sitting on that throne is a man in the fanciest clothes you have ever seen, with a thick cloak that makes him look even bigger than he already is, and a golden crown lined with rubies and diamonds on his head. He stands up and with a booming voice, greets you with a smile on his face.

"Welcome, Heroes From Across Time! Welcome to the world of Ematria!"

XpTpVeC.png

----------------------------------
Welcome to Heroes From Across Time! This is an isekai-type RP, which means that your character has been summoned from his or her Earth and into the land of Ematria through a magical ritual in order to save it from demonic beings that intrude into the mortal plane from the underworld every one hundred years. These summoned people are the titular Heroes From Across Time.

Unlike a good number of other isekai RPs I've seen, your character doesn't have to have died in their first life, or even be from the same time period. No, this RP is called Heroes From Across Time for good reason. Your character can come from just about any timeframe, be it the time of ancient Rome, the Middle Ages, the Cold War, the modern present, or even the future. They don't even have to be from the same timeline, either. If you want them to come from an alternate timeline where Rome never fell or the Soviet Union won the Cold War, go for it. The only thing that must be the same is that they must be from Earth in some way. For instance, if your character was born on a colony world but conceived on Earth, that's fine.

Your character will have whatever they had on them at the time of their summoning, mostly their clothes and belongings. Your character may have weapons on them when they appeared, such as swords and even guns. If your character has a gun, they arrive with it, but be warned: ammo is otherwise irreplaceable. Of course, they could be leftover ammo and equipment from previously-summoned Heroes here and there. However, they will also have a Treasured Possession that they will receive following the official introduction. This Possession is something that either means a lot to them, or will help them immensely on their journey. It can be something as simple as a family heirloom, or vital as a full kit of medical tools and equipment, or even a beloved pet. This Possession must be able to be carried around, however, so no vehicles, please (except hoverboards I guess).

Of course, your character can also be a native of Ematria. This of course means that your character can be a non-human race such as an orc, elf, dragonborn, or uwu catgirl if you wish. These natives will start off with knowledge of the land, along with belongings and magical abilities. They may even have connections to other factions and groups if you desire, and if you wish, descendants of previously-summoned Heroes.

The setting of the RP, the Ematria, is pretty much a bog-standard D&D-type medieval fantasy world with dragons and orcs and elves and whatnot. Pretty simple given how that's about the right setting for something like this, and it's largely meant to show how different cultures interact anyway.

I am hoping for at least six people before we can begin, with players having up to two characters, limited to one of each. OOC will be on Discord, and it is also where we will discuss plot and characters, so be sure to have an account.

DM me for the Discord!

Last edited:
Loving all the Isekai roleplays that have been springing up the past few days! Allow me to put my two cents in.

I'll be creating the Discord server soon, so DM me for the invite.

Discord is up. Please DM me for the link.

I promise I won't rickroll this time

Since alternative timelines is allowed, can it be an alternative timeline of Earth in which magic existed?

Probably, probably not, but for now I'd say that if the alternate Earth has magic, it'll be pretty weak, perhaps on the level of ASOIF/GoT. You'll have to discuss what you have in mind with me.

I'll probably be accepting two more spots or so before I close applications for the time being.

Okay, I'm opening applications again for a few more Heroes and native characters.

Character sheet is now up!

I'm interested. I've avoided Discord OOCs thus far, but I like the idea/have a character in mind, so I'll give it a shot.

IC is now up!

This is still open, and we could use a couple more characters.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back