• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern Heroes and Villains - [ 1 X 1 Science Fiction ]

amplexus

Heroes and Villains

For decades, the US government has experimented on vulnerable individuals, unwillingly or not. These people, the citizens, their candidates don't survive. Officially, they die in car accidents, or drug overdoses, or random heart attacks. Unofficially, the experiments make them slowly decay, until their bodies are burnt and forgotten.

What's their purpose? Heroes. They want Heroes.

Two accidents occur.

The first:

These experiments take place in an unnamed facility, near a small American town. The citizens thought the facility is owned by a pharmaceutical company and were little interested in the reclusive employees. Three years prior, a freak accident produced a large swell of radiation. As a by-product, two citizens woke up with strange powers.

The government is unable to recreate the accident.

[Y/C] becomes the Hero. The government turns them into a celebrity, fighting crime and evil against the state. [Y/C] is greeted by fame, love, and cash, but they are blissfully unaware of the experiment, its history, and its victims. [Y/C] is told, time and time again, that their powers arose from simple, miraculous chance.

[M/C] becomes the Villain. Rather than greeted by fame, they are stolen into the shadows. Locked beneath the facility for years, [M/C] is subjected to continuous, torturous experimentation. The government want to create more Heroes, but they can't understand [M/C]'s biology. As the years float by, [M/C] twists from a small town kid, to a hateful beast. When they escape, they swear to cause chaos.

The second:

The restraints slacken, the guards relax, the cameras switch off; [M/C] escapes.

-------

Some preliminaries (please read):

-I probably won't create a detailed bio for my character. I would prefer to create someone who matches the tone/sensibilities of the RP and your character. I will create a name, age, rough character description, and perhaps some personality keywords; aside from that, I like to develop the character as the RP goes onward. You are welcome to do the same, or created a detailed bio. Either works.

-I have left the genders deliberately vague. While I personally prefer GXB, I play either gender. I can also be swayed on this gender pairing.

-I ask for literate partners. Although I post large responses, I do value quality over quantity. Unnecessary paragraphs of useless information little interests me; plot, action, character, setting, and description - you should know how to balance all these adequately.

-21+. No exceptions.

-Be collaborative. I don't want to be the only one coming up with plot beats.

-If it wasn't clear, this is an enemies, to allies, to lovers plot. I would like to be a very gradual, slow burn RP.

-DM me if interested!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back