• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom [Guide] Hero Points

Sir Les Paul

The Duke of Chords
Supporter

mVZ6Onc.png

Hero Points (HP or HPs) are a reward system for the Titans Initiative implemented to promote activity, diversity in posting and advancing player interaction or ongoing plotlines. Hero Points are rewarded weekly and can eventually cashed in for prizes in the form of "Hero Cards" which can be traded in to me, Sir Les Paul Sir Les Paul .​

Player
Character(s)
Hero Points
Randomfella Randomfella Shane "Shift" Tift
0​
Epiphany Epiphany Scyleia Lancaster
0​
The Regal Rper The Regal Rper Alphus "Owl" Durn
0​
ShadowBroker ShadowBroker Leonard "Huge" Grimth
0​
BainOfBridges BainOfBridges Steve "Animus" Carter
0​
Seraph Darkfire Seraph Darkfire Alexander Alfaise
0​
Neon Valkyrie Neon Valkyrie Marie "Warcry" Jensen
0​
sitanomoto sitanomoto Rebecca Drake
0​
One Mean Ghost One Mean Ghost Dante de la Cruz
0​
xx
x​

Point Generation
Point generation is built around activity. Just having a character will earn you no points. Points are earned through weekly evaluations of the week period. Ideally (mind you, I am human), points will be updated Sunday nights to reflect the previous Sunday - Saturday. I will provide a thorough list of ways to provide points, but there is another method to Point Generation: Your Hero Profile. You will fill out a template below exactly as you see it, then PM it to me. I will make any adjustments needed, then post it here as a reply (and link you to it) myself--this is for record-keeping.​

The first is called your Investment Focus. A Focus can be any Hero Card of a value over 50 HP. In choosing this focus, you agree to "put in" a portion of your weekly Point Generation and I match it point-for-point. There is a limit, however: any player may only put in 3 points per week. This is an effect way to earn "free" points towards a large goal. Once points are invested, the initial Focus and invested points may not be removed until it is fulfilled, however, one may stop investing points at any time.

The second is called your Card Specialization. Once this is chosen, you may not change it except with the use of a Hero Card. This specialization allows a 20% discount on Hero Cards of any one type and is always rounded down in the case of the discount not being even.

The final method is called a Shared Focus A Shared Focus is similar to an Investment Focus, however, it is shared with multiple people. A Shared Focus has the same "put in" limitation (and is also raised by any Hero Card that raises the limit) as an Investment Focus, but has a higher value of at least 200 HP. Up to four people can be part of a Shared Focus and the total HP of the Focus is determined by the original value (after Card Specialization is applied) with an extra 10%/15%/20%/25% taken off based on the amount of people in the Focus. The same restrictions apply to a Shared Focus as they do a regular focus. Contact me ( Sir Les Paul Sir Les Paul ) for any questions or to set up a Shared Focus.

• Single-Point Tasks
    - Make a post (at least two paragraphs in length), limit 3 per week
    - Have a comedic element to your post (subject to my discretion), limit once per week
    - Reference a previous event appropriately, limit once per week
    - Win a fight/conflict with another player
    - Use internal dialogue (no parenthesis as long as its clear to me)

Double-Point Tasks
    - Provide a formal reaction and new action in a post that is three paragraphs in length, limit one per week
    - Advance the relationships between your character and another specifically.
    - Post two-times in a week for the second week consistently
    - Involve your character in a training scene , limit one per week
    - Interact with Titans outside of your team, limit one per week
    - Lose a fight/conflict with another player, limit one per week
    - Have your character become harmed, limit one per week

Triple-Point Tasks
    - Have your character promoted
    - Post two times in a week for the third week consistently
    - Have a unique reaction based off a personality quirk of your character to a serious plot event
    - Involve a significant (per my discretion) internal conflict for a character, limit one per week
    - Be involved in a group discussion, debate or argument with a valid character opinion, limit one per week
    - Resolve a conflict before it starts, limit one per week
    - Relate to why your character wants to be a Hero and/or join the League/Titans, limit one per week

Five-Point Tasks
    - Show character growth (change of some kind) that is permanent
    - Show how your character was effected by any major event (such as Alcatraz) in a post naturally, limit one per week
    - Have previous foreshadowing of a significant event come to fruition (just foreshadowing or foreshadowing small things will not count)
    - Have your character remain relatively relevant while considerably harmed
    - Play antagonists (villains or henchmen) for more than two weeks, limit once per week

Ten-Point Tasks
    - Bring a tear to my eye, no limit.
    - Bring a plot point of at least two arcs or longer to fruition, limit once per week
    - Show considerable personal reaction for a character to an immediately-posted, powerful, emotional scene, limit once per week
    - Show development as an IC leader, limit once per week
    - Have your character die, no limit

Hero Profile
Hero Profiles are quick, first person bits of information I will post myself after they are submitted to me. In effect, these will be how I maintain the point system and allow everyone to keep track of what is going on.​

Code:
[sh]Player Name[/sh]
[divide=thick][/divide]

I play [insert character name here] and I have a Specialization in [insert Card Specialization here: Economy, Character, Story]. I currently have [insert total here] Hero Points.

I currently have used [insert cards here] for permanent upgrades.

[sh]Investment Portfolio[/sh]
[divide][/divide]

My Investment Focus is [Insert card name here]. I also have a Shared Focus of [Insert Card Name here] with [Names of other players] (if applicable). My Investment Focus is current at (xx/xx) and Our Shared Focus is at (xx/xx). I put in x weekly points to my Investment Focus and x weekly points into my Shared Focus.

I current have [Insert the names of any cards you have].

I have previously earned x/x/x/x points per week.

Hero Cards
Hero Cards are the backbone of the reward system. They are divided into three categories: Economy, Character and Story. Any one player may have up to four cards in their "Hand" at any given point in time. Cards within similar categories can often be used together in a "combo" at the discretion of a GM for a more profound effect. By default, most cards are limited to one copy per player unless otherwise stated.​

Economy Cards

• STIM PACK!
    latest

COST: 12 HP

EFFECT: Double all HP gained in for one week. Cannot be used at time of purchase. Limit one per player.

Character Cards

• ABILITY ADVANCEMENT
    Level-Up-icon-1024x1024.png

COST: 60 HP

EFFECT: Can be used any time. Use does not assure a change in outcome of any scene. The effect of this card allows the user to enhance the one ability permanently. This may be in raw potency, skill, application or potentially a new 'branch' or 'sub'-use of the ability. The effects of this card are doubled permanently if used during a training scene or session. The effects of this card are doubled temporarily if used during a dire scene or in conflict.

Story Cards

• GET A CLUE!
    help1600.png

COST: 10 HP

EFFECT: Get a single clue* in the form of a tangible item or recorded message (in any medium) for the upcoming or ongoing plotline within the next two posts! One card per player.

*Clues are defined as useful information in regards to events or upcoming characters. Clues may vary.

Point Calendar

• x​
    x​
    x​
    1​
    2​
    3​
    4​
    5​
    6​
    7​
    8​
    9​
    10​
    11​
    12​
    13​
    14​
    15​
    16​
    17​
    18​
    19​
    20​
    21​
    22​
    23​
    24​
    25​
    26​
    27​
    28​
    29​
    30​
    x​
    x​

Last edited:
Seraph Darkfire
I play Alexander Alfaise and I have a Specialization in Character Cards. I currently have 0 Hero Points.

I currently have used 0 for permanent upgrades.

Investment Portfolio
My Investment Focus is Ability Advancement. I also have a Shared Focus of [Insert Card Name here] with [Names of other players] (if applicable). My Investment Focus is current at (00/60) and Our Shared Focus is at (xx/xx). I put in 0 weekly points to my Investment Focus and x weekly points into my Shared Focus.

I have previously earned 0/0/0/0 points per week.

Randomfella
I play Shift and I have a Specialization in Economy. I currently have 0 Hero Points.

I currently have used no cards for permanent upgrades.

Investment Portfolio
My Investment Focus is Interest Check. My Investment Focus is current at (0/100) and Our Shared Focus is at (0/0). I put in 3? weekly points to my Investment Focus and 0 weekly points into my Shared Focus.

I current have no cards.

I have previously earned n/a points per week.

One Mean Ghost
I play Dante de la Cruz and I have a Specialization in Character Cards. I currently have 0 Hero Points.

I currently have used [NONE] for permanent upgrades.

Investment Portfolio
My Investment Focus is [Ability Advancement]. I also have a Shared Focus of [N/A] with [NONE] (if applicable). My Investment Focus is current at (0/60) and Our Shared Focus is at (0/0). I put in 0 weekly points to my Investment Focus and 0 weekly points into my Shared Focus.

BainOfBridges
I play Steve Carter and I have a Specialization in Character Cards. I currently have 0 Hero Points.

I currently have used 0 for permanent upgrades.

Investment Portfolio
My Investment Focus is Spotlight. I also have a Shared Focus of [IN/A] with [NONE] (if applicable). My Investment Focus is current at (xx/xx) and Our Shared Focus is at (0/0). I put in 0 weekly points to my Investment Focus and 0 weekly points into my Shared Focus.

I current have no cards.

Last edited:
Epiphany
I play Scyleia Lancaster and I have a Specialization in Story cards. I currently have 0 Hero Points.

I currently have used 0 cards for permanent upgrades.

Investment Portfolio
My Investment Focus is No Fucks Given. I also have a Shared Focus of [TBD once the group picks one] with [Whoever is interested] (if applicable). My Investment Focus is current at (xx/xx) and Our Shared Focus is at (xx/xx). I put in 5 weekly points to my Investment Focus and 5 weekly points into my Shared Focus.

I current have no cards in my hand.

I have previously earned x/x/x/x points per week.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back