• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Here's To The Night [Trio RP]

jasmyn

f r e e b i r d
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)

Welcome to Miami, FL. Your new home for the next two weeks while on spring break! One of your friends mentioned their family owning a beach house and the rest is history. Everyone packed their bags and next thing you know you’d arrived right here in the sunshine state!

There is so much to do and see in Miami. They have some of the best shopping and beautiful beaches. Try something new like swimming with the dolphins, zip-lining, jet skiing, or even snorkeling. Relax on the beach and get a tan or enjoy the waves, you might even learn to surf while you’re here! Maybe you wanna hit up some of the hot spots downtown for the crazy nightlife or take one of the famous sunset cruises on the open ocean! Miami has it all so get ready for the spring break of your life! As long as drama doesn't get the better of you, of course.

The beach house is a two-story house with the bedrooms located on the second floor. There are three rooms in total so everyone will be bunking with someone! There is a pool on the back deck facing the ocean and the house has its own private access to the beach. It's located about forty-five minutes from Downtown Miami.

Tags: MadiRaiCat MadiRaiCat & apolla apolla

Here's To The Night

code by yousmelldead

Last edited:

code by yousmelldead

Juniper strolled along the shore, her feet just barely out of reach from the water. She had already settled in and unpacked most of her things so she decided to check out the beach. The sand was warm underneath her bare feet as she walked, occasionally bending down to pick up a seashell and inspecting it every now and then. She'd managed to gather a few she liked enough to add to her collection and stuffed them into the pocket of her skirt. Her eyes flickered from the near-white sand to the waves.

Juni had been looking forward to this trip since it was first brought up amongst her friend group. She had probably been the one to push for it the most and make sure everyone was invited. The beach was her first priority when she'd arrived. There was just something about the saltwater smell and seagulls squawking that just made her smile. Despite the fact that she spent her entire childhood traveling and seeing things like mountains, canyons, lakes, deserts, and more, the beach remained her favorite.

After a while, she decided to pick up the camera that hung around her neck and snap a few shots. Her favorite photos were of nature or of people when they weren't looking. The kind that was hard to recreate because they held raw emotion that seemed unique to the moments there captured in. They were so much purer than posed photographs although she enjoyed taking those too. She walked back over to the towel and sat down on it, tucking her camera into the small bag she'd brought along.

J U N I P E R

Last edited:
Mariana Kipling
the wild child

Soft, pillowy plumes of smoke drifted between the blonde's partially parted, pink lips as she exhaled. They caught the ocean breeze and drifted into the air above her head, dissipating evenly until they disappeared entirely. Her icy blue eyes were carefully covered by speckled wayfarer sunglasses, hiding the obvious signs of the hangover she was working her way through. The previous night was a bit of a haze for Mariana. Though she knew she was leaving for the beach vacation with some old friends the following morning, she couldn't resist the invitation to an end-of-the-semester party. With free booze, several illegal substances, and more handsome men than one woman could ever need, it was like they did everything in their power to guarantee that Mari would show up. And show up, she did.

Waking up that morning was torture. She spent the entire night dancing, popping pills, and downing alcohol like it was water. So when the sun peaked through the blinds of whoever the random guy was that she spent the night with, Mariana could only groan in pain. That's how hangovers go, sensitivity to everything and annoying pain. Nevertheless, she was able to sneak out of bed, redress, and make her walk of shame without so much as jostling the guy she had fallen asleep next to. Now, hours of packing, driving, eating, and hurting later, Mari was perched on a rock at the edge of the white sand beach, smoking a cigarette and watching he waves roll. When Emmett had said that his family owned a beach house, she was expecting something more cabin like with shared bedrooms and a single bathroom. But, in reality, it was massive and gorgeous, with several windows for natural light to peak in and multiple outdoor areas to soak up the sun's rays. And it was all just for them. Who knew that the Prince of their high school was hiding something like that.

Mariana brought the cigarette to her lips once again, inhaling the bittersweet smoke into her lungs and savoring the calming effect it had on her body. Realizing that only the filter remained, she stamped out ash against the rock and, moving to stand in the sand, buried it a few centimetres down. She had yet to see any of her high school friends for their little reunion, but that was quickly about to change. The flash of a camera help but a woman with chocolate brown hair caught the blonde's attention, causing a grin to turn up the corners of her lips. Her footsteps were pretty much hidden by the muffling effects of the sand. So Mari walked almost silently towards the woman, not saying anything until she plopped down on the beach next to her. "Got any good shots there, Juni?"
beach
very hungover
x
Juniper ( jasmyn jasmyn )
coded by natasha.

Emmett Clemens
the prince

"Yes, Mom, I cleaned up. There wasn't a whole lot... Well, I suppose there were some things I didn't get to... Sure, I'll double check... No, I'm not going to send you pictures... Alright, alright. Yes, yes. Okay. Love you too, bye." Emmett quickly pressed the red 'end' button on his smart phone before his mother could say anything else on the other end. As much as he loved his mother, her strict and stern personality was sometimes overwhelming. Em let out a heavy sigh glancing around the main floor of his parents' beach house apathetically. One of these days, his mother would have to realize that he was an adult and she didn't have to micromanage his life anymore. Hell, he was going off to Washington, D.C. to start a politics job soon. Emmett knew he would have to tell his mom and dad sooner or later. But for now, he was going to relax and enjoy the beach.

For the past few years, Em had been attending Yale for political science. Going away to college was both the most freeing and the most terrifying thing he had ever done. He knew full well that his college was prestigious. Even though his application and extracurricular resume from high school were impressive, it was still a wonder to him that he was accepted at all. His parents were satisfied, not really happy and not really upset. Nevertheless, they had made sure everything was paid for so that he wouldn't need to get a job while in college. But one thing his father made absolutely clear was that he owed his college success to them, and would pay them back by graduating at the top of his class, which he eventually did.

By the time the he had returned to the large house after grocery shopping for the first week, the leftover anxiety from a phone conversation with his mother had dissipated. Excitement replaced it as Emmett climbed out of the car, first glancing at the horizon of the ocean then the rather exquisite home in front of him. Even though he had spent nearly every childhood summer at that house, he wasn't really able to appreciate the architecture until he was older. It was absolutely gorgeous, and he could wait to enjoy it with his old friends. Em fished the paper bags out of the trunk and climbed the stairs into the house, realizing that someone must have shown up given the unpacked items that weren't his. Setting the bags down in the kitchen, Emmett couldn't help but grin. It was time for their vacation to begin.
kitchen
excited
x
open
coded by natasha.

code by yousmelldead

Julian had already settled in and decided that a shower was the way to go after the car ride. It was tiring since he was the one who drove the whole time plus Juniper talking his ear off about...well, he couldn't really remember now. He had really only agreed to tag along after some begging from Juni. Plus if he didn't who would be the responsible one? Not that he wanted to be a buzzkill but he just felt like there needed to be someone with.a clearer mind around on this spring break vacation. People did tend to get crazy after all and he wasn't really looking forward to having to hop on a plane to Miami just to bail one of them out of jail. So here he was, on vacation. Yay.

He stepped turned off the water and stepped out of the shower. The steam filled the air as he dried off and wrapped the towel around his waist. He hadn't realized that he forgot to bring clothes into the bathroom until he was already out but luckily the room was right across the hall. So he slipped out and into his room to change. Once he was dressed he made his way out to see where everyone was at. "Emmett. I was wondering when you'd get here. I was going to head to the store but it looks like you thought of that already," he said motioning to the bags. He grabbed some to help and carried them into the kitchen. "I think Juni and Mari are out at the beach already. Guess they couldn't wait to get some tanning in," he half-joked.

J U L I A N

Last edited:
RINI
the sweetheart
"Why did I agree to give you a ride again?" And why haven't I pulled over to the side of the road and made you get out yet like I've been daydreaming about? Rini didn't speak the second sentence aloud, but she did turn her head to give her stepbrother a glare that could have killed. He chose to ignore it if he saw it, and she refocused her attention on the road, her hands tightening their grip on the steering wheel. He'd been nothing but annoying this entire trip. Why had she ever thought they could put their past behind them?

"Keep gripping the steering wheel like that and your hands are gonna fall off." Carter didn't look up from his phone as he spoke, slouched back in the seat, leaning back so far he was almost laying flat. He'd offered to drive her Jeep, but she'd flat out refused everytime he brought it up. He wasn't about to wreck both her Jeep and her vacation, even if it was off to a terrible start.

"Shut up, Carter." Rini reached for the radio and twisted the knob, drowning out Carter's retort with his least favorite genre of music: country. When he automatically went to reach for the knob to turn it off, she released one hand from the wheel and slapped his away. Not gently, either. He returned her glare from earlier with one of his own, but didn't try again.

The next stoplight they came to, he'd sat the seat up some, and glanced over to find two guys in a Jeep of their own. "Oh, god..." Rini prayed for the light to turn green, but it didn't happen. Next thing she knew, her stupid idiot stepbrother was belting out the lyrics to 'How Do You Like Me Now' by Toby Keith.

Rini almost shoved him out of the Jeep.

When the light turned green she sped off, leaving the other Jeep and the guys laughter in the dust. "I hate you." She shut the radio off completely, and the pair drove in silence.
code by @fudgecakez

CARTER
the player
"Why did I agree to give you a ride again?"

Carter smirked at his sisters question, knowing there was probably more to it that she didn't speak. For being a generally sweet girl, Carter knew he had a way about him that pushed her buttons. She made it so obvious with how angry she got, but he was good at his craft anyway, so he expected no less. Instead of answering her, he remained silent, which he knew would infuriate her further.

When she turned on the music, an 'oh hell no' escaped his lips. He instantly went to turn it down, but she slapped his hand, hard. "Fucking bitch." He muttered, his voice drowned out by some whiny females on the radio. Slumping back in the seat, he remained that way for a good while before deciding to sit the seat up some.

Embarrassing her at the stoplight was priceless, and he was laughing along with the other guys even though they were long gone. Rini promptly ignored him the rest of the quiet trip, which was fine with him. They pulled up to the beach house (late) and the pair hopped out of the Jeep. Carter stretched, then glanced over at Rini. "Need help with your bags?"

"Like you'd actually help." She snapped, already grabbing her things.

He shrugged, grabbing his own and the pair headed to the doors. She opened the door and went in first, Carter following. "WHO'S HOME?" He called from right behind her, causing her to jump and nearly drop one of her bags. He chuckled again and moved past her, looking for sign of life.
code by @fudgecakez

code by yousmelldead

Juniper had been enjoying the sounds of the crashing waves when she suddenly heard a voice from beside her. Jumping a little as the source of the voice plopped down beside her, she realized it was Mariana. "Hey! Uh, yeah I think I got some. I wanna take some more later when the sun starts going down. Sunsets make for stunning pictures," she said with a smile as she looked forward again. "How was the ride over?" she asked as her eyes remained on the ocean in front of them. She was glad Mariana was here and just ready for the others to arrive as well. It was exciting to get to spend the spring break with all of her friends considering the fact that most vacations and road trips she had taken in the past were with her parents.

She looked back again towards the house which wasn't too far from where they were sitting. "Looks like the others may be here," she said upon seeing a few shadows stirring around through the window. Even though she was rather enjoying the subtle breeze and the feel of the sand under her feet, she still felt like she should go and see the others. She stood up and dusted off the sand off, gathering her things into the bag and looking to Mariana. "Let's go see," she suggested, motioning towards the house. Maybe they could all figure out something to do. Go out and sight-see or do something adventurous. She was sure everyone would be exhausted from the trip though so maybe relaxing was a better idea. "Everyone is here! Yay!" she said upon walking inside.

J U N I P E R

Last edited:

code by yousmelldead

Julian and Emmett didn't get a chance to talk much more before their friends came waltzing into the house. He couldn't help but roll his eyes at Carter's loud announcement that he had arrived. Of course, he had to make a big scene of it. "Carter. Trying to burst someone's eardrums?" he asked with a shake of his head. He and Carter didn't really have a great relationship due to past conflicts. It was pretty obvious to everyone that they weren't the best of friends. They often bickered at one another, and Julian could be seen giving him the evil eye on many occasions. It wasn't just as simple as them being opposites, he was the opposite of most of his friends. They just had a bad history.

"Good to see you," he nodded to Rini as she sat her bag next to her. His eyes flickered over when the back door opened and Juniper came walking inside. Her excitement was obvious when she noticed everyone was in the living room together. "Before you start giving out hugs and suggesting adventure plans. Let's figure out something to eat. I am starving," he said with a handheld up at her. A light chuckle escaped him. "I can make some burgers. I saw a grill out on the back porch. Or we could order food and relax at the beach," he shrugged. The others might want to do something more and he didn't really care. He'd go with the flow and try to keep them out of trouble regardless.

J U L I A N

Last edited:
Mariana Kipling
the wild child
The feeling of the sand against her skin was strangely soothing, like gentle sandpaper. The blonde shifted slightly, settling further into the sand alongside her friend. She was unable to help the smile that curved up the corners of her lips when Juniper jumped, content with the little scare she was able to successfully pull off. "That's good! You'll have to let me know when you go, I'd love to see a sunset over the beach," Mariana said, following Juniper's lead and returning her gaze to the ocean. It felt like forever since she had last seen her high school friends, since she had really felt like she belonged. College was great, but she still had no idea what she doing or where she was going in her life. At least through being around Juni, Julian, Emmett, Carter and Rini, she could put all of that on the back burner and succumb to nostalgia, fun, and friendship.

"The ride was a drag, to be honest. There was a party on campus last night and, since I haven't really changed a whole lot since high school, you know I can't resist a good party," Mari stated with a grin, pushing her higher up on the bridge of her nose to block out more of the sun's painful rays. "Needless to say, I've gotten used to driving hungover. But that doesn't mean it gets any less of a pain." For Mariana, the partying and bad habits had started fairly young. From her psychology classes at university, she knew that her pill-popping, alcohol-drinking, cigarette-smoking ways were nothing more than carefully designed coping mechanisms created in response to her mother's death. Hell, they could even be cries for attention from an absent workaholic father with little care for the well-being of his daughter. Either way, Mari knew that her habits weren't healthy, but that didn't stop her from partying it up with the best of them as often as she could.

Pulling her from her thoughts, the blonde quickly turned to look at the large beach house she had parked at earlier. Though it was a bit far away, the large glass windows were still visible and she could barely see figures moving behind them. "Oh yeah, looks like the others might have finally decided to join us. Took them long enough," Mariana said with a grin, pushing herself to her feet and brushing the excess sand off of her. With that, she followed Juniper back towards the house, sliding open the doors to allow them to enter. "Anybody home?" the blonde called out, pacing into the living room behind Juni. Glancing around, she added in a teasing tone, "Nevermind, looks like everyone is home. About time." They were an odd group, Mari had to admit, with personalities that one wouldn't really think about going together but did fairly well. "Burgers sound delicious to me. As long as there's drinks!"
beach -> house
slightly less hungover
x
everyone ( jasmyn jasmyn , apolla apolla )
coded by natasha.

Emmett Clemens
the prince
The sound of water behind shut off from a bathroom nearby caught Emmett's attention, though he deciding to wait to investigate. It was probably one of his friends, one of the people he invited and not an intruder. And even if it was an intruder, his mother had put him through enough of her military training sessions that he could probably hold his own in a fight, even though he was definitely more of the type to battle with words. Maybe debate class in high school would come in handy after all. Before he could convince himself that it was an intruder, Julian made his way into the room, damp hair and all. "Julian, nice to see you again, bud. Feels like it's been forever," Emmett responded with a grin, nodding his head in thanks for help with the grocery bags. "Yeah, I figured people would be pretty hungry before too long, so I thought I might as well stock the fridge."

No sooner than they had unpacked and put away all the groceries did the front door practically slam open, announcing Carter's arrival almost as loudly as he did himself. Emmett moved into the living room to welcome them, offering the step-siblings and wave and a grin. "Carter, Rini, nice to see you guys again!" Emmett said with sincerity evident in his voice. Ever since he left for Yale a few years ago, it felt as though he had begun to let his friends from high school drift away. It was unintentional, but still partially his fault. That was one of the main reasons he had planned this getaway to begin with. Truth be told, he missed his old friends and how much easier life had been in high school compared to where he was now. As they say, 'adulting is hard.'

The sound of a female voice from the side door caught the brunette man's attention, turning to find Juniper and Mariana entering the house once again. A surge of happiness filled his heart as he realized the gang was back together again, and Em was fairly excited despite his calm, cool, and collected outward demeanor. "Well, lucky for us, I bought stuff for burgers with all the fixings and plenty of alcohol at the store. So we might as well get this party started," Emmett said with a grin, turning dark brown gaze to Julian. "As the dad of our little family group here, it only seems fitting that you would do the outdoor cooking. So don your crew socks, cargo shorts, polo shirts, and whatever else grill-loving dads wear, and let's get to work!" With that, Emmett turned to disappear into the kitchen to prep some food.
house
excited
x
coded by natasha.

RINI

the sweetheart
Part of Rini knew that she should be somewhat accustomed to Carter's actions by now, but then again, it had been a few years since they'd seen each other. Also, he was always finding new ways to torment her, so whenever she thought she had him figured out he just did something new. He really got on her last fucking nerve, and had been doing so ever since his and his mother's arrival in her life. She didn't expect him to help with her bags, so the short pixie grabbed her own things as the stepsiblings made their way into the house.

She could have slapped him for nearly blowing her eardrums, but thankfully, Julian came into view and her expression brightened. "Julian!" Running to him, she dropped her things right there and threw her arms around him. Emmett got the same greeting, a bright smile and big hug when he appeared. Juni and Mari entered from the sliding door that led out onto the beach, and Rini moved around the boys to go give them both a hug as well. "It's so awesome to see you guys!" Separating from them, she looked around the room, Carter's earlier antics already forgotten.

"I'm down to grill! Let me go change, and then we can hang out." Grabbing her things again, she headed for one of the rooms to deposit her bags. Peeling off the clothes she'd made the trip in, she changed into a bikini top and a pair of shorts, bounding back down the stairs. "Best week ever, starting now!"
code by @fudgecakez

CARTER

the player
Of course, besides his stepsister, Julian would be the first to make his appearance. Carter didn't miss the look Julian gave him, and were Carter younger, he might have stuck his tongue out at him. Instead, he just grinned at Julian, stepping further into the house. "Just Rini's." He shrugged in response to the eardrum comment, ignoring the look the pink haired girl gave him. She was always looking at him like she wished him dead or something.

It wasn't much longer after Julian appeared that Emmett did as well, and then the girls. Carter's eyes were drawn towards both of them, and he offered them a small wave. "If someone said burger, I am there. I'm starved. Rini wouldn't stop on the way here." It was mostly a teasing comment, though he did sort of wish that she would have stopped at least once for food. Oh, well. "I'm also here for liquor." Dumping his things onto one of the seats, he headed for the kitchen.

"What do we have?" He called back to Emmett, spotting some liquor bottles on the counter. "Mari," He called out in a sing-song voice, a smirk playing at his lips. "Pick your poison, love."
code by @fudgecakez

code by yousmelldead

Juniper took in the hug from Rini with a smile on her face. "I am so glad you came! Both of you," she said, nodding towards Carter as well. It was true. She actually did like Carter. She felt like he brought a little more character to the group. It was no secret that he and Rini bickered back and forth a lot but wasn't that just what siblings did? The only person she knew didn't care for him was Julian. Not that he didn't have his reasons for the tension. Still, sometimes she felt he just ruled out Carter as an actual friend when they first met due to his reputation. The other reasons really just added fuel to the fire.

"I hope all of you are ready to be photographed on the beach. I am putting together a portfolio and I need more pictures of people...apparently," she told them with a shrug. She was building a portfolio for a job she was trying to get. It was with a local photography studio but she looked at it as a stepping stone towards what she really wanted. When Rini said she was gonna go chance she realized she should run to her room too. Even though she was already in her own bikini paired with a long white skirt covering her bottoms so she didn't need to change but she could grab some party favors.

She glanced over when she saw Rini waltz back out in her bikini. "Cute suit! The color looks great on you," she complimented. She overheard a discussion about drinks and decided to opt-out of that. "I'll be on the porch if anyone needs me...or wants to join me," she called out as holding up the rolled joint in her hands. She took her bag with her camera outside and leaned on one of the wooden beams. Her eyes scanned the beach as she took a hit off the now lit joint and blew the smoke out in front of her.

J U N I P E R

code by yousmelldead

"Bud? Be careful. Keep talking like that and you'll end up the dad of the group," Julian chuckled, nudging his friend playfully. He wouldn't admit it out loud but he was actually glad he'd come on this trip. More than just because he felt his friend's sometimes needed a babysitter but because he did need the break from real life. It was good to be on this trip and away from the stresses back home, for now at least. His eyes had lingered on Mari a little longer than they should've when she entered with Juniper and he had to snap back to reality.

The pair had a history of hooking up in high school back when he was a little less...responsible. Unfortunately, what was meant to be casual turned into feelings for him. She didn't feel the same and the rest is obvious, isn't it? He looked away, turning his attention back to Emmett to discuss their food plans. "Hey now! I forgot to pack my apron but hand me a spatula and I'll make the best damn burgers you've ever had," he grinned. He watched as some went towards the liqour and Juni hurried outside, soon he and Rini were the only ones left. "I'm gonna get the grill started. Coming out?" he asked, walking towards the door.

He left the sliding door open in case she joined him and shook his head at Juni. "You ever gonna stop smoking? It's gotta be bad for your memory or something," he teased her. "This is mother nature's gift to us. Who am I to reject a present?" she replied. The grill was already clean, probably curtosey of Emmett's parents or whoever had stayed here last. So he worked on getting it heated up and ready for the burgers. "Can we all agree to try our hardest not to get arrested out here? I don't wanna bail anyone out of jail," he half-lectured though it was partly playful.

J U L I A N

Last edited:
Mariana Kipling
the wild child
With the arrival of the step-siblings, it was as if their little temporary family was complete. Mariana easily wrapped her arms around Rini, squeezing her in an excited hug before releasing. Rini was an absolute sweetheart, someone the blonde enjoyed spending time with and being around. Her colorful personality matched her hair, and Mari knew that if worst came to worst, she could always count on Rini. The same could be said for Juniper as well. Though the brunette was a little bit more outgoing and adventurous, Mariana still thought of her as a dear friend and trusted her with anything. And anyone who knew Mari knew that her trust was hard to come by.

"It's so nice to see you," the blonde said, grinning at Rini before her eyes flickered over to Carter. A small smirk played on the corner of her lips as she added, "And you as well." Thinking back to high school, even in a haze of drugs and alcohol, it was hard to forget the time their shared together. He was intelligent, but he was reckless, and that was a deadly combination. Mari had been attracted to him, hell she still was. They had a lot of fun together, Mariana couldn't deny that. Maybe this vacation could reignite some of that old passion. Icy blue eyes flickered from Carter to Julian, which reigniting a whole different set of emotions. Before everything that went down in his life, he too had been a frequent bed partner. But with the death of his brother, things got too serious, and Mari did what she did best. She ran.

And because of that, Mariana felt exceedingly bad every time she thought about it, guilty that she didn't stick around and help out a friend in need. But Julian wanted too much of her, wanted her to leave behind the only way she knew how to cope with her own trauma, wanted to be with her. And that scared her. Realizing she had been staring a bit, Carter's voice pulled Mari from her thoughts. He had ventured into the kitchen, and she quickly followed. If anything was going to loosen her up, it would be alcohol and maybe a few pills from the baggie in her pocket. "Poison, indeed," she said with a smirk, looking across the bottles displayed on the counter. At Emmett's notion, she pulled open the cabinets above the bottles to reveal several more. "This will do quite nicely."

A few moments later, she had mixed a perfect Long Island Iced Tea topped with a pale pink pill from the baggie in her pocket. It dissolved almost immediately into the bubbles, leaving no visible trace behind. She took a sip, savoring the burn of the alcohol traveling down her throat. Mariana turned to face Carter with a smirk playing on her lips. "Looks like college made my bar-tending skills a hell of a lot better. What about you? Did college work out? Or are you working on something else now?"
kitchen
booze fixes everything
x
coded by natasha.

Emmett Clemens
the prince
As soon as he entered the kitchen, Emmett felt a little bit more relaxed. Growing up, his parents had prevented him from doing anything that wouldn't 'advance his career.' That included spending time learning to cook. That didn't stop him though. The personal chef that lived in their house brought him a few cookbooks, suggested a few cooking shows that he would watch when his parents weren't around and, on their long weekends away, let him in the kitchen to practice. Em couldn't say that he was an amazing cook, nowhere near that. But he could at least make a damn good version of his favorite food: the modest cheeseburger.

Emmett peered around the fridge when he heard someone bounding down the stairs, grinning at her excited words. "Hope you found a good room. I set up enough for each of us to have our own own rooms. Might have to share a bathroom though, so choose wisely.," he said with a low chuckle. At Mari and Carter's appraisal of the liquor bottles on the counter, he quickly added, "Check above. My parents never leave the liquor cabinet understocked." With that, he got to work mixing equal parts ground pork and beef in a bowl with one hand, sprinkling in different seasonings and flavors with the other. By the end of it all, he had a baker's dozen of perfectly formed burger patties.

"Alright, Julian, get that grill fired up, patties are ready for the heat," Emmett said with a grin, holding up the platter as he walked through the sliding glass door on to the deck. He placed the tray on the side bench of the grill, stepping away and glancing over at Juniper and her joint. He had never really partaken in smoking cigarettes, let alone weed. Sure, plenty of guys in his fraternity at college had attempted to pressure him into it. But Em had held his own. It wasn't that he was against it or hated it. The constant pressure to be the best from his parents put a fear in him of ever acting out or against the law, even as an adult. "I mean, my father is a lawyer," Emmett responded with a grin, his tone a bit sarcastic, "Though I'm nearly 100% positive that if we were arrested, he would volunteer to prosecute. So I vote we avoid that."
deck
burger time!
x
coded by natasha.

RINI

the sweetheart
Rini couldn't contain her excitement for this trip and being reunited with her friends. Carter excluded in that group, of course. She knew she wasn't the only person who didn't like him, though her reasonings and Julians differed in some ways. Thinking about that brought a frown to her face, but thankfully, no one noticed. Quickly clearing the expression from her face, not wanting any dark thoughts to ruin the potential good times they were gonna have on this trip. They were at the beach, for gods sake! What bad things could happen at the beach?

Deciding not to delve into those thoughts either, she came out of her thoughts when she heard Julian talking to her. "Well damn, where'd everybody go?" She watched as he went out onto the side porch, where she could see Juniper, too. A quick glance into the kitchen revealed Carter and Mari, setting up drinks. Well, as much as she hated Carter, she loved Mari and could use a light refreshment. Ignoring her stepbrother, she bounded into the kitchen.

"Starting the party early?" She glanced over at Mari as she started to make a mimosa. Swishing it around after pouring the champagne and some OJ, she took a sip and made a face. "Perfect." Emmett started out towards the porch, and Rini decided to follow, sipping at her drink as she went. The smell of marijuana smoke hit her nostrils as soon as she stepped outside, but she didn't comment. Stepping off the porch and onto the sand, she spun in a slow circle, holding her drink up and out some so it wouldn't spill. "Good thing, too, because I'm starving!"

code by @fudgecakez

CARTER

the player
Carter glanced over at Emmett as he started mixing meat into a bowl. He couldn't deny that he was starving, either. Drinking on an empty stomach wasn't always the best idea, but fuck, when did he ever do what was 'good' for his body? He decided to start off right with a simple Jack and coke, watching with interest as Mari perfected a Long Island Iced Tea, complete with a little pink pill on the top. He smirked into his drink, but didn't have time to say anything before Rini bounded into the room.

"Always." He responded to her question, even though he knew she hadn't been talking to him, nor had she seen the pill Mari placed in her drink. She ignored him, as he expected, deciding to trail after Emmett towards the grill outside. Giving a small shake of his head, he turned to look at Mari as she spoke, his smirk growing. "That all you learned in college, Mar?" He used his old nickname for her, just because he could. "How to make bomb ass drinks? They sell pills at those bars, too?"

Not judging her, he swirled his drink some and took another sip. "College wasn't for me. But then again, did we ever expect it to be?" Rolling his eyes, he set the cup on the counter and straightened. His fingers brushed against hers as he stretched them out on the counter, his eyes lingering on her for a few moments before he glanced past her, towards the deck. "I do odd jobs here and there."

code by @fudgecakez

code by yousmelldead

Juniper laughed as both Emmett and Julian made comments on them avoiding getting arrested. "I think I could handle a night or two in the slammer," she shrugged, a playful grin on her lips. "Wait, do they have organic shampoo? Nevermind!" she shook her head as she took another drag. She put out the joint knowing none of her current company would want a hit and watched as Julian started on the burgers. "I could live on the beach forever," she commented to no one in particular, her gaze moving out towards the waves in the distance. She saw Rini walk out onto the sand and laughed at her twirl. "A few drinks and you won't be able to do that without falling," she teased.

In all honesty, Juni was probably the lightweight of the group. It wasn't that she didn't drink but it didn't take much for her to get drunk so she had to know her limits. She definitely couldn't drink when she hadn't eaten. She picked her camera up and took a few shots of Rini and the guys without warning. "I think I am gonna make a scrapbook of this vacation. The good and bad. We need these memories," she said out loud. She jumped down and joined Rini in the sand, taking the camera with her. "Give me your best poses," she called out to the girl, ready to take more.

J U N I P E R

code by yousmelldead

"A night or two? Juni, you couldn't last a few hours," Julian commented with a shake of his head. Honestly out of everyone, Juni would be one of the few he wouldn't mind bailing out. Not that he wouldn't give her a lecture after doing so but he wouldn't let her sit. She had been like a sister to him ever since his brother's passing due to the relationship she'd had with him. She was the one person who was just as close to his bother as he was. He finally put the burgers on the grill as they were handed to him and chuckled at Emmett's comment. "Yeah, speaking of, does your dad even know you invited us here?" he asked curiously, raising a brow.

If Julian remembered right Emmett's parents were always more on the uptight side. They probably wouldn't appreciate a bunch of spring breakers in their fancy beach house. Not that Julian blamed him, his friends could get a bit rowdy sometimes. He was sure he'd have to break up a few parties and keep people from breaking things overe the next couple weeks. Julian was used to doing that when it came to his friends, it's what made him the dad of the group. Still, he did sometimes wish he could let loose like he used to but the death of his brother and near-death of Rini in that accident prevented him from doing so.

J U L I A N

Mariana Kipling
the wild child
Pink pills, red pills, green pills, hell, neon coral orange pills. It didn't really matter what color or shape they were, as long as they worked. She easily remembered the first time she got high. It was after she had once again gotten in trouble in school and was sent to in school suspension for what seemed like the tenth time that year. But that had been the plan, because as soon as she sat down, a small baggie was passed to her under the table. She placed a small white pill beneath her tongue and was in bliss for the rest of the day. It was an addiction from there on out. A part of Mariana knew that it wasn't healthy, that it wasn't safe, that she could get caught and there would be dire consequences. But once she started, she couldn't stop.

Rini bounced into the room, bringing a smile to the blonde's pink lips. "I never start a party early, everyone else is simply late," Mari responded with a cheeky grin, taking another sip from her drink. She couldn't help but chuckle at the face Rini made in response to her drink, knowing that it was probably strong but only the best drinks were. As soon as she entered, the pastel-haired girl disappeared again, like a hurricane on a mission. That was one of the things that Mariana really loved about Rini, her ability to just march to the beat of her own drum. Carter spoke up, catching her attention with his playful smirk. Realizing she had been caught, but not really caring, Mari shrugged and took another sip from her drink a flirtatious smirk of her own playing on the edges of her lips. "Trust me, I learn many more tricks while away at college."

One of the things that had pulled her to Carter originally was the complete lack of judgement he passed on her. Other guys had dated her because they wanted to "fix" her, to say that they had saved the broken girl. Carter was a no expectations type of guy, and Mari appreciated that about him. Julian had been that way too, before the tragedy happened. He was the one person she could count one, even more so than Carter. But like always, things change. If one thing was for sure, it was that she had certainly missed all of them while she was away at college. Mariana's head began to feel lighter, the pill beginning to take effect. "I guess we didn't," she responded with a grin, glancing down at her drink. The blonde flinched slightly when she felt his fingers brush hers, her heart beginning to race a bit.

A feeling of nostalgia washed over her, reminding her of the times they had shared together. For a moment, Mari considered ignoring everyone else and acting on that feeling. But she didn't want to start out her vacation with a decision that would most likely be a mistake in the long run. So instead, she smiled at Carter and said, "We should probably go join the others." Not waiting for a response, she moved past him and outside to where the others had congregated on the deck, hearing the tail end of Juniper's statement about needing these memories. "You can certainly say that again," Mariana responded with a grin, knowing that any of the memories she made on this trip would be far better than those she had made while away at college. Crossing the deck, she carefully placed her drink on the railing before hopping up and straddling it. Mari picked up the glass and threw back about a third of her drink, hoping the pill would take a bit of the edge off. Glancing between Julian and Emmett, she smirked and responded, "Probably not, he never did like my sparkling personality."
kitchen -> deck
feelings are overrated
x
coded by natasha.

Emmett Clemens
the prince
It wasn't too far from the truth, Emmett knew. If worst came to worst and they were arrested, his parents would be absolutely pissed that he had lied about who was staying at the beach house, and even more so pissed that they choice of fun vacation activities ended in a mark on his up until then empty criminal record. He could practically hear his father's shouting then, chastising him for his poor choice in friends when really they were the people who cared about him the most, for his lack of control at such an important stage in his life. His mother would say that he was always destined for failure, and that she was surprised it had taken him so long to fall. And yes, they would absolutely leave him to rot in a cell for a while, simply paying off the officers to keep it quiet so that he didn't tarnish their perfect reputations with his poor choices and lack of intellect. It may seem harsh to some, but that was just the way that Em grew up. To him, it was 100% normal.

Rini exited the house not too long after him, her pastel hair shining quite beautifully in the sunlight. When they were younger, Emmett had had a pretty decent crush on her. She was fun and exciting and seemed to be confident enough to just be herself, all of which were things he could say about himself. But, given that Carter was her step-brother and given that Em himself was a bit of a coward when it came to girls, he never really told her how he felt. Instead, he let it flicker away until they feelings were just a memory. Juniper spoke up then, her comments about 'the slammer' and Julian's response eliciting a low chuckle from Emmett. "I don't know," he answered, listening to the satisfying sizzle of burger patties being placed on the grill, "I'm pretty sure I would get eaten alive in there."

With all of the burgers on the heat, the brunette glanced over his friend's shoulder for a moment, admiring their handy work. "Alright, Julian. I did the hard part. Now all you have to do is not burn them," he teased, patting Julian on the shoulder in a friendly way. Pacing over to the chill chest, he grabbed a can of soda from the ice and cracked it open, not fully ready to start actually drinking quite yet. The cola was refreshing on a sunny day, and Emmett decided to take a seat on one of the patio chairs, watching with a smile and Juni and Rini moved around in the sand. Julian's question and Mariana's comment caught him off-guard for a moment, as his parents had always been a touchy subject for him. "They off on some trip to some continent that isn't this one," he answered with as nonchalant of a shrug as he could muster, "What they don't know won't hurt them." Truth be told, he was absolutely terrified that they would find out. But Julian and the others didn't need to know that. "How long until all the food is done?"
deck
don't be suspicious
x
coded by natasha.

RINI

the sweetheart
Despite all of their differences, and the good and bad parts of their past, these were her people and Rini couldn't deny that she was extremely happy to be here. Being around them made her feel just like she had all those years ago, and she was high on life as she twirled in the sand, mimosa in hand. The breeze kissed her skin and lifted her pastel pink hair off of her shoulders. Pausing in her twirling as Juniper said she wouldn't be able to do that with a few drinks in her, she giggled, immediately bringing the mimosa to her lips and downing a good amount of it. "Guess we'll see!"

Mari and Carter finally came outside to join the rest of them, the blonde hopping up on the railing with her drink. Carter leaned against the railing beside her, and Emmett finished placing the burgers on the grill for Julian to cook. "I can taste them already." Rini brought her glass to her chest, and that was when Juniper joined her on the sand, camera in hand. "Didn't you know I was a model in a past life?" Rini immediately struck a pose, standing with her back to Juniper and smiling at the other girl over her shoulder. Once that photo was snapped, she turned to blow a kiss at the camera.

Downing the rest of her mimosa after, she ran back to the deck to set the glass down on a little table, then turned to run back to Juniper, making sure she didn't actually crash into the girl and make her drop the camera. "Come on, selfie with me!" She threw her arms around Juni. "I can't wait to see the scrapbook, honestly. That's an amazing idea!"

code by @fudgecakez

CARTER

the player
Standing there in the kitchen with Mari was almost like old times, just with them being more grown up. Well, grown up was a relative term; had he ever really grown up? Taking another sip from his drink, he had to figure that he had, at least a little bit. He definitely had grown in the gang, working his way up the chain, so to speak. He got better jobs now, though that wasn't saying much considering the type of work he did. But no one here needed to know any of that, so he was glad when Mari said they should go join the others, even if it meant the flirting had to die down some.

Following her outside, he leaned against the railing next to her, looking out at his sister in the sand. Even though they didn't get along, it did bring a smile to his face to see her carefree spirit in action. Glancing over at Mari, he thought he saw a semi-distant look in her eyes, and he flashed back to the pill that she'd taken, wondering what it was. Hearing that the burgers were ready to not be burned, he turned to look at the other two guys. He wasn't blind to the fact that he didn't get along with the other guys that well, but still, he was determined to have a good time.

Moving to sit on one of the other patio chairs, he looked between the guys. "How have you two been?"

code by @fudgecakez

Users who are viewing this thread

Back