• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Here's to the New Memories

It was a couple hours before she was allowed back into his room and by that point he was looking pale as a ghost, especially compared to his normal olive tone, and still breathing with the aid of a ventilator. His doctor popped back in to talk to her once he'd finished with another patient, "He's obviously not recovering how we would like, not to say that he won't because he's otherwise healthy. He needs to cut as much stress out of his life as he possibly can because if he has another heart attack, there will be nothing we can do for him. We're gonna keep him sedated til tomorrow and then from there we will see how he is when he wakes up. That is, if he wakes up." He pointed out

Max took a deep shaky breath nodding softly kissing his hand repeatedly sighing heavily "You gotta wake up Jeff, you gotta." She whispered

Carmen woke up the next day, frowning at Charlie shaking her a little and grumbled, "I'm up, I'm up... Why are you getting me up so early?" She grumbled, not realising it was almost two in the afternoon.

They'd stopped keeping him comatose several hours ago and yet he still hadn't woken up and it would only be another hour before Lana got there from school.

Max frowned some as he still stayed asleep by the late afternoon. She was worried by this and was scared that when Lana got there they would be saying their goodbyes to Jeff

Charlie frowned shaking Carmen away trying to get her attention "Babe its almost 2 in the afternoon, you need to wake up and eat."

Carmen frowned and looked up at him, sitting up quickly "2pm?! Why'd you let me sleep in that late?" She muttered, sitting up and rubbing at her face, swinging her legs over the side of the bed, looking up seeing the worry on his face, "What's wrong?"

His nurse popped in to check on him again and gave Max a sympathetic smile, "Do you need anything dear? He's stable, responding well to the medication.... It might just take a bit longer to wake up for him if he's still weak... He's in good hands I promise." She assured her gently, leaving her to privaxy again until Lana arrived and walked into the room, frowning over at her Dad then over at Max, "What's wrong with Daddy?" She asked her worriedly

Charlie sighed heavily watching her "Because I knew you needed the rest thats why." He murmured stroking her cheek gently before kissing her forehead gently "Don't worry I've taken care of the horses and everything else."

Max frowned shaking her head some "No I'm okay thank you." She murmured before pulling Lana into a hug and letting her sit on her lap "He is just sleeping baby, once he wakes up we can go home."

She frowned shaking her head some, "I'm not gonna sleep tonight." She muttered frowning some, "You got a signing in an hour... If I throw myself together I'll come with you." She murmured, I need to pick out a couple new books anyway," She mumbled, gently leaning on him to stand up

She frowned and held onto her tightly, "He doesn't usually look like that when he's sleeping." she whimpered, buring her face into Max;s shoulder, "I don't want Daddy to go away." She cried.

Max frowned and rocked her gently shaking her head some "No baby no, daddy isn't going away okay? He won't leave you." She whispered softly to her kissing the top of her head repeatedly

Charlie shook his head some and helped her get up "No baby you don't need to be going out like this, I'll be okay alright?" He murmured softly "We can go tomorrow, I don't want you around all of my fans."

She frowned some, "No... I wanna go." She mumbled, frowning at him some when he insisted she didn't and she just held onto him, "Well then.... I guess I'm stuck here." She pouted at him a little but held onto him, "It's okay I was gonna give Herbie and Male a good grrom today." She murmured to him.

She frowned more but nodded and held onto Max tightly "He was really sicky too... He fell over in the kitchen." Lana whimpered frowning, "He really really really bad."

Max nodded some and kept the little girl close "I know baby girl I know. We'll make him okay I promise." She murmured softly rocking her some

Charlie smiled softly at her and kissed her gently "I'll make sure to bring you a few goos reads back." He said happily to her

She smiled some and wandered downstairs with him, slipping her arms around him tightly. “Be good, don’t get peoples names mixed up... have fun.” She murmured to him and kissed him softly before she watched him head out, sighing quietly.

Jeff eventually began waking up later that evening and looked over at the two girls sitting fheee chatting, his fingers curling in and out of fists while he slowly regained feeling all over and waited for one of them to notice him awake.

Charlie came back a couple hours later with three new books for Carmen as well as her favorite little snack from the cafe at the bookstore. "Carmen? Babe I'm home!" He called

Max sat on the floor pallet sge had made for Lana coloring here and there smiling some at her. She glanced over at Jeff going wide eyed seeing him awake "Jeff?!" She said quickly getting up and going over to him

She was sat in the kitchen at the island holding a damp towel to her forehead sighing a little. “I’m in the kitchen.... don’t freak out.” She called to him, waiting til he got in there and smiled sheepishly at him, moving the towel away from her head to show him the gash she’d managed to get on her forehead. “I had another seizure while I was cleaning tack, I think I smacked my head on a stirrup as I fell.” She mumbled wincing as something pulled on it. “I think maybe I shouldn’t be unsupervised.” She mumbled letting him inspect it.

He frowned some but reached for and squeezed her hand tightly, just watching her. “Hey.... what time is it?” He mumbled. Last time he remember being awake it was around two pm. Right now it was pitch black outside.

Charlie came in with a smile but it soon faded when he saw her. He quickly rushed over and inspected her wound sighing heavily "Doesn't look like it needs stitches...but you might have a scar." He murmured pressing the towel back to her head "Yeah I think that will be a good idea." He murmured

Max frowned softly at him taking a deep breath "You've been asleep for a day....its almost 7 now." She murmured

She smiled tiredly at him. “That’s the best thing I’ve heard this week.” She mumbled, slipping her arms around him gently. “How was the signing?” She asked him, sitting back again and watching him potter around the kitchen.

He frowned some and swallowed a little “Really? Whoops..” he sighed quietly, watching Lana trying to get onto the bed and gently held her to him “hey kiddo.”

Charlie gave a small laugh before he went looking around for some antibiotic cream and a bandage "Signing went well, no creepy fans this time." He said giving a small shrug "A lot of younger people than I'm used to." He said while he rummaged through a door. Charlie usually wrote more for the mature adult rather than a teen.

Max gave a small nod but smiled happily seeing Lana get up there and cuddle him immediately "Let me go get the nurse and then we can hopefully go home."

"Oh yeah? I might have had something to do with that." She told him smiling tiredly, "I spoke to a few schools about their reading clubs and got your book on the list a few months ago." She told him, watching him come back and just smiled at him, staring a little.

He lay there quietly, letting Lana yammer on about her day to him and just nodded every so often, waiting quietly until eventually he saw Max come back looking peeved, "What's wrong?" He frowned a little, his free hand reaching towards her.

Charlie chuckled some and smiled wide as he came back over to her having found what he needed "You are a god send you know that?" He said softly before he bandaged up her head and kissed her gently "I don't know how I would have made it without you."

Max came back in after about 45 minutes of arguing with the nurses shaking her head a bit "They aren't letting you go home yet even though they told me that once you woke up they would check you over and send us home if it was alright. Now they're saying they have to do the test later tomorrow and keep you again for 'evaluation'!" She said angrily

She smiled at him again, pulling him a little closer, "In all honesty, I don't think you'd still be alive. Someone needed to shove your ass into rehab." She pointed out, "What's in the bags?" She asked him quietly, not wanting to think too deeply about what was gonna happen if she didn't make it through this. "I think I forgot to eat as well, I might see if I can... I cant drive anymore can I?" She sighed quietly.

He frowned some and gently pulled her closer, "Hey... If they're keeping me longer it'll be for good reason alright? I'll be home before you know it... Promise." He murmured, lifting her chin, glancing over to see Lana had fallen asleep before continuing "I had a heart attack... A second one babe, they're just taking extra precautions." He assured her, kissing her temple, "I love you, it'll be fine." He smiled.

Charlie smiled some and picked up the bags handing them over to her "You favorite goodies from the café and some books I thought you might like." He murmured softly giving a soft sigh "Yeah babe I don't think driving is a smart idea."

Max gave a heavy sigh and nodded softly kissing him lovingly "Yeah I understand I just....I want you home." She murmured giving a small smile "You know, I'm liking the beard, its sexy all scruffy like this." She said softly

He smiled some, holding her to him gently, "I'll just tidy it up then." He murmured tiredly to her, leaning back a little and watched her, "First job when I get home, find Lana someone to talk to, see what's going on with her." He sighed a little, glancing down at his little girl. "She's been having extra help at school... but I don't know if that's enough." He sighed quietly, worrying over her

Carmen nodded a little, smiling at him as she dug into the bags, "I just... I don't like the idea of losing my independence... but I'm not about to have a seizure while I'm driving... Hey I was thinking, why don't we have Ryan and Molly over for a cookout? It's been a while since we had anyone here and we all know you're a hermit who hardly even replies to invites let alone goes to them... I think we could both use a break back to normality for once? The weather's meant to be good on Friday, have them over then." She smiled.

Max gave a small nod sighing softly "We'll find something, and she'll be just fine." She said softly kissing the top of his head repeatedly just happy that he was atleast awake now

Charlie chuckled some and nodded a bit "Alright that sounds fine, should be fun." He said happily kissing the top of her head "We could invite more people if you want too, we could have a little party." He said happily to her

"Perfect, I'll send a message out." She murmured, watching him retreat to his study and she munched on her snacks before going to lay down on the couch, allowing her mind to wander after she sent an invite out to their friends

Jeff smiled tiredly watching her, "God i've missed you." He murmured, "But you two have to go home... not allowed to stay are you?" He murmured, rubbing her hand gently, "Cause I need to get some sleep... my energy isn't back yet." He mumbled yawning and smiled sheepishly at her

Max smiled some and gave a small nod "I've missed you too babe." She murmured kissing him gently before she reached across him and picked Lana up "We'll see you tomorrow okay?" She murmured softly

Charlie went to his study and tried to get some work done sighing softly as he looked over cancer treatments instead not wanting to loose Carmen like he lost Laura.

His mum phoned him again to have a catch up and smiled once he picked up, "I'm all packed, ready to come visit my favorite son, how are you and Carmen getting on?" She asked him. After last week she'd been doing so much better, they'd agreed that his mum should come out for another visit to the states and she would be arriving the next day.

Jeff smiled and watched them go, yawning and starting to drift off quietly to get some sleep.

Lana woke up in the car and grumbled some rubbing her face, "Where's Daddy?" She asked Max, yawning big and rubbing at her fac,e "I thought he was coming home." She grumbled, just wanting to be curled up in bed and not awake in the car

Users who are viewing this thread

Back