• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Here's to the New Memories

She smiled at him a little, knocking on the window once she got out of the house to get his attention, "Herbie would really appreciate you having a ride with him before you go away." She suggested quietly, "It'd be good to get out in the fresh air, clear your head a little." She didn't wait for an answer and just headed out to the barn but she'd at least planted the seed. She understod that being cooped up in his office all the time probably didn't help him much.

Jeff got home late that evening and went to crack open a beer sighing heavily, "I'm so sorry, I've been in meetings til half an hour ago." He muttered, sitting on the table and running a hand over his face, "Was she good today?" he asked Max, frowning at how tired she was, "You shouldn't drive like this." He muttered, more to himself, "Hey, do you wanna take the guest room tonight? I'll make sure Lana doesn't disturb you in the morning, I know you're not working, but I don't want you out on the roads when you can barely keep your eyes open." he told her

Charlie chuckled some and gave a nod "Mmmm I'll be out there soon." He murmured going to his room and getting ready for the day and going out smiling at her "Well is he ready for ridin?"

Max looked at him giving a tired smile "I'm fine I promise." She murmured getting up but nearly falling over blushing as he caught her some "Okay....maybe I shouldn't drive." She said softly staring at him some "She was good....she um...she thinks I'm her mom." She said quietly

She glanced over at him and raised an eyebrow, "Is he tacked up and ready? No... You can tack your own horse up." She told him smirking some going into the tack room and clambering up onto the wooden boxes to reach Maple's tack from the top line, hearing a laughing sound and turning to look at him again, "What?" She smlied, "This yard was not made for short people. To be fair, most of them aren't." She chuckled.

He smiled at her some and helped her up to the guest room, "Oh really? Huh... I thought she'd fight that a lot more... You're doing amazing with her Max, I haven't seen her this happy since before Janet left." He told her seriously, "You need anything just give me a shout alright?" He told her quietly and went to Lana's room, sitting down on her bed and kissed her head "I'm pretty sure.... It was lights out an hour ago." He chuckled.

Charlie watched her and chucjled a bit getting Herbie ready before he started to take him out smiling when she followed "You look good on her." He murmured

Lana giggled some and pulled the cover over her some "I couldn't sleep....you read me a bedtime story daddy?" She asked pullimg out the one her mother used to always read to her

He smiled some, "Alright... One story won't hurt. Max is staying over tonight but Lana, listen to me, under no circumstances are you allowed to wake her up in the morning or go in her room... You wait til she comes downstairs okay?" he told her seriously, "You come to me for anything alright?" He murmured, watching her agree before he read to her.

Carmen smiled some getting on once she was ready and took her out with Charlie, "She's a great mare... I've always had an affinity with chestnut mares..... Something about them I just adore." She smiled adoringly down at the horse, rubbing her neck while they walked

Charlie nodded giving a wide smile as he watched her "My wife went to a yard one day and Mable just neighed at her, love at first sight for her." He said happily patting Herbie's neck as he walked "Herbie here was gifted to us from a friend who couldn't look after him anymore."

Max woke up in the morning yawning happily having not slept that good in a long time. She came downstairs to the smell of waffles and smiled more seeing Jeffrey in the kitchen "Good Morning." She said softly pulling her hair up into a messy bun "You need any help?"

Carmen smiled and listened. Half the time she couldn’t get him to talk about much of anything so to have him be that chatty for the hour they were hacking for was great. Once they were back she got the horses sorted out again and went inside to make some lunch.

“Morning, no I got it, they’re just toaster waffles.” He chuckled. “Lana is playing with your dog. She insisted he was lonely because you were asleep.” He told her chuckling some.

Charlie got Herbie all settled and smiled some before he went inside going to make himself some water glancing at Carmen as she cooked "You'll have to let me make you dinner when I get back." He said happily

Max gave a small laugh and nodded some "She loves him, I've never seen him take to someone so quickly aside from me." She explained as she sat down "Thank you again for letting me stay the night, that bed sure does beat the pull out couch I'm on."

Jeff raised an eyebrow at her, "You don't have a bed?" He asked her frowning some, starting to mull something over in his mind.

She smiled and nodded to him, "I think I trust you enough not to poison me." She smiled at him some, getting food on plates and passed his to him while he went to his study and she sat down watching some TV on her phone, letting him sort out the rehab on his own. She just needed his start date and then she could get all her paperwork surrounding it sorted as well

Max gave a small laugh and shook her head some "No I've been living with a roommate for about a year now. After I lost my last job I couldn't pay the bills, had to sell a bunch of stuff including my bed. My friend gave me a place to stay until I got on my feet again. I've been saving up to hopefully rent a place." She explained giving a small shrug.

Charlie went to his study with his food and looked over the rehab they had chosen for him giving a heavy sigh. Part of him wanted this and part of him was scared of it as well. He filled out the forms though scared that he would loose Carmen, the only person he seemed to care about at the moment, if he didn't.

He frwned some, "I see... Lana breakfast is ready!" He called out through the house, "You want a yogurt?" He asked Max, getting himself one out the fridge and smiled getting Lana sat down with some juice.

Carmen smiled as he came out and took his dishes off of him, going to wash everything up "There's a production company that wants to buy the rights to your last book. They wanna make a movie out of it so I've told them to send over the contract and I'll get your agent to look through it and I will to and if it's even worth it we'll let you check it out and make a decision." She smiled at him

Max nodded smiling softly "Yes please." She said happily sitting down with them eating the yogurt he had given her "So are you off today?" She asked Jeff raising an eyebrow knowing he was usually gone by this time in the morning

Charlie frowned some at the thought of his book being turned into any kind of movie. He had never really been one for books to movies "No while I'm away....I've never been a book to movie guy. Atleast for my books."

"I know... Which is why we are looking through the contract first to see if it would even be worth your while." She told him gently, "I'm just gonna go feed the horses and then I better head home and start packing, tomorrow's gonna be a long day, I'll see you bright and early though alright?" She smiled at him and started heading out ot finish her last job for the day to go home.

Jeff shook his head, "Not really... I'm just working from home. I got a video meeting this afternoon and a while load of e-mails to respond to but I'm around." he told her, pecking Lana's head and headed up to his study with his breakfast.

Max gave a small nod smiling some as he left then turned her attention to Lana "Why don't we go on an adventure today around the farm huh?" She said happily

Charlie gave a small nod and smiled softly "Alright see you in the morning." He murmured before he finished up his cleaning

Lana nodded and giggled some grabbing Max’s hand when they finished breakfast and started rushing out of the house with her to go exploring.

She smiled and waved bye to him before heading out to go home, getting in to get some tidying and packing done so that she was ready to move her stuff into his place

Max came in hours later with a very sleepy Lana in her arms smiling softly at Jeff seeing he was down grabbing himself a drink "Our adventure wore her out." She said quietly before placing Lana on the couch to rest looking over at the time "Well it looks to be my time to go, I'll see you in the morning?"

Charlie got to his study staring at the book again giving a heavy sigh as he thought through it all. Finally something hit him and he opened a new document writing everything he had out onto the pages.

Jeff nodded and thanked her quietly just frowning over at his little girl some while he sat down next to her watching max leave and he turned the tv on, trying to relax and unwind some.

carmen smiled seeing max come in and passed her a drink. “Hey! I got good news and bad news.... good news is you get the bedroom now cause I’m moving into Charlie’s tomorrow. Bad news is that he’s paying off my half of the lease and you’re gonna be stuck with rent on your own.” She told her chewing on her lip. “I would have given you way more warning if I’d had more warning.”

Max got home and smiled taking the drink from Carmen "Thanks! Whats the good news?!" She asked but soon frowned when she heard what Carmen had to say "Well um....thats very nice of him." She said softly trying to be happy for her friend but it was hard when she knew she would barely have enough to make ends meet now.

“It was to make it easier to watch the house.... I’ll still pay my rent this month and next but then I’m done there.” She told her quietly.

Jeff eventually got Lana to bed and sat downstairs in his recliner chair trying to still unwind but since the meeting that had gone so badly he’d been on edge and shaky and at this point he was struggling to breathe

Max shook her head some and smiled a bit "Don't worry about it. I'll make it work, you just tell me how it is living there." She said giving a small laugh

Lana woke up from a nightmare and ran to find Jeff crying some "Daddy!! Daddy monster scare me!!" She cried reaching up to be held

He frowned some and tried to lift her up but his body felt like jelly and he just shook his head. “Lana... can you go get... daddy’s phone?” He asked her slowly, frowning at her some. “Daddy’s really not feeling well sweetheart. you remember... the number I ... told you about?” He asked her nodding when she nodded. “Good... I need ... you to call.” He told her again

she nodded and smiled. “I will, I’m gonna go finish packing then get some sleep.” Shetold her.

Lana quickly did as told and dialed 911 frowning some "Help please! My daddy no feel good!" She said down the line before she gave the phone to Jeffrey.

Max gave a small nod and sighed softly pulling out the couch and falling into a dreamless sleep

He tried to answer their questions best as he could but by the time they finally arrived he had slipped down to the floor and was leaning up against the couch trying to breathe at all while Lana was cuddling into his side looking terrified. He got her to call max whike the paramedics were looking him over not wanting her to end up at the hospital with him.

Max frowned hearing her phone go off. She grumbled some but went wide eyed seeing Jeff's name flasg across the screen. She knew he would never call her this late unless it was an emergency "Hello?!"

Lana was starting to cry on the other end. “Max daddy really really sick and he gotta go hospital.” She whimpered. “I’m scared!” She told her not making much sense and unable to answer Max’s questions whike she watched them move her dad onto a stretcher and they were starting to take him out of there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back