• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Here's to the New Memories

Max stood outside the large farm house that would be home to her new job and took a deep breath knocking loudly. She had seen the add for a nanny position and she was hurting for a job at the moment. She knew she could get along with nearly any child but she had no clue how the parents would be, she didn't know that it was just a single father who had just lost his wife.

Charlie sat in his study taking a deep breath and ran a hand over his face groaning some when nothing came to mind about his next book. This was killing him and he had a deadline to meet but it wasn't looking good for him. He took a deep breath and poured himself a glass of Whiskey looking out the window and seeing his new assistant feeding his wife's horse

Jeff sighed heavily, trying to sort out breakfast for his little tearaway. God she took after her mother, there was no taming that child. "Lana! I got breakfast on the table and it's gonna be gone if you don't have your butt down here in five minutes." He called to her, frowning when the doorbell rang and he jumped a little, rushing to answer it having forgotten about the interview entirely. He still had a tea towel over his shoulder and he smiled at the young woman standing there "Hey. You must be Max.... Jeff, nice to meet you, come on in.... Lana! I'm not asking again! We got a guest down here kiddo, come say hi, please." He called up to her and gestured for Max to follow him to the kitchen.

Carmen smiled, fussing over Maple and rubbed her face down before moving onto her boss's horse and gave him a rub down plus his afternoon feed and then the few ponies that they had as well, spending a little extra time with the miniature, just becasue, before heading back up to the house to get him some dinner sorted. Originally the plan had been that she sort out the horses and horses only but she'd seen he was looking for another assisstant for himself and she'd agreed to work that job as well, just so she could keep herself busy but also for the money. "Charlie you want the leftover spaghetti or there's some cottage pie and peas?" She asked, walking into the study. When the door was open she was welcome to walk on in but when shut she knew it was time to leave him be. It had quickly become apparent to her as well that her new boss was a very depressed alcoholic and unfortunately lived up to most writer stereotypes.

Max walked in and gave a small smile at the giant man following him to the kitchen "Hello Mr.Morgan." she said professionally to him smiling some as she saw the little girl come running down the stairs with wild crazy dark brown hair. She bit her lip as she saw how Jeffrey looked upset with way his daughter looked. She watched some and gave a soft smile as she watched the little girl stand there waiting patiently "Hi there..I'm Max, whats your name?" she asked crouching to be the little girl's height pushing some hair from her face gently. She didn't know why but she felt an instant connection with the small child.

Charlie frowned some and made himself another drink grunting some as Carmen came in "Don't care, pick something." he muttered finishing the drink quickly and turning towards her "Horses look good, you're doing good with them." he mumbled taking a deep breath. He was greatful for Carmen in the short time she had been there working for him. After his wife's death he had spiraled out of control, the only comfort he found was in a bottle and he had gotten writers block as well.

She nodded and smiled some at him. “I’m gonna take Maple out tomorrow... get her fit and running again. Just walking.” She assured him having already gone through her fittening program with him. “I’ll get you some pasta and then I’m gonna head home. Tablets already in the dishwasher ready to turn on when you finish.” She told him, heading back out to the kitchen to get him food sorted.

Jeff stood in the doorway with his arms crossed over his chest, sighing heavily as Lana just shook her head shyly “It’s Lana... come on kiddo you gotta talk to the nice lady. She’s gonna be looking after you while dads at work.” He pointed out. “I take it the agency gave you a rundown of the job description?” He asked her, glancing at his watch and picked Lana up, putting her at the table with her breakfast. “Any problems today call me but I’m in meetings so might not always be available.” He told her, heading upstairs to get ready for work.

Charlie gave a small nod sighing softly "Sounds good; thank you." He said before running a hand down his beard "How is she doing? Maple?" He asked softly wanting to make sure his wife's horse was taken care of since she loved that thing more than anything.

Max frowned some at how brash he was giving a small nod "Yes they did tell me what is required of me." She told him before she moved to sit with Lana when he left noticing she wasn't eating "Whats wrong sweetheart? Are you not hungry?" She asked

She smiled some. “We’re getting her skimmed down... and we’re gonna get her fitter. But she’s a good girl.” She told him. “Laura did an amazing job with her.” She told him gently. “Im gonna be in by ten tomorrow” she told him and made his dinner passing it to him on his desk. “You gotta let me be the first to read it when it’s ready.” She told him looking at the one paragraph on the computer.

Lana looked at her then frowned at the plate in front of her. “I can’t eat pork.... it make me sicky.” She told her looking at the load of bacon on her plate. “And I don’t like egg.” Shefrowned some.“Daddy always forgets.” She told her watching her dad rush out the front door a minute later.

Charlie nodded some "Thats good to hear....she loved that horse more than anything. Hell sometimes Im sure she loved it more than me." He said giving a small laugh but frowned when she mentioned his book "If it ever gets finished." He muttered

Max frowned some and gave a small nod taking the plate from her "Well then lets find you something else to eat. I'll eat that and how about some cereal?" She asked noticing the lucky charms in the pantry when she went over to it.

Carmen smiled at him some, "Oh I'm sure it will." She told him encouragingly, "I bet you'll have the first draft done by the time I've got Maple up and ready for small sompetitions." She told him, passing him the tupperware of cheese then went to collect her things, "Alright, I'm heading home, but I'll see you tomorrow." She smiled and gave him a half hearted, two-finger salute before she turned away and headed out to her car.

Lana smiled some when she passed her a bowl, munching on it happily and looking up at her, "Are you gonna be my new mommy?" She asked her. Her Dad hadn't really explained anything to her, or spent any time with her hardly at all since her mother's funeral and even if she was only six it was still hugely upsetting to her

Max frowned some and shook her head some as she sat with her "No sweetie, I'm a nanny...but I'll be here to be your friend and make sure you're happy." She said softly giving a soft smile before she started to eat her food as well "So what do you say we get you ready for the day after we eat and then we can watch some TV."

Charlie shook his head chuckling again at her "You're putting too much faith in me." He said before he thanked her again starting to eat his food quietly before he finally gave up and went to get ready for bed not remembering to run the dish washer

Lana nodded and stood up with her when she finished following her upstairs then took her to her room, it was an absolute tip, as was her playroom and the family room downstairs, every area that Jeff had so far been avoiding. For now he was relying on her to clean up her own space, somewhat forgetting that his daughter was only six.

Carmen got back to her small one bed house and got herself some cold dinner and a quick shower before getting into bed, trying her best tp stay as warm as possible so that she could get some kind of rest.

Max frowned some when she saw the mess shaking her head some. She got to the family room and turned on the TV "Alright Lana, lets try and clean up a bit okay? We can watch TV too." She said slowly starting to put toys in the toy box with her wanting to try and teach her about cleaning up her messes.

Charlie sighed heavily laying alone his king size bed tossing and turning all night as his dreams filled with his wife making him miss her more and more

Jeff spent the whole day while he was at work, thinking and worrying about his little girl, hoping that she was getting on alright with the new nanny. It was the last thing he had wanted to do but he had to go back to work and he couldn't have her at the same time. Part of him was glad to get away, Lana looked so much like her mother more and more every day that it was often too painful for him to even look at her. He was still plagued by thoughts of him having come home just an hour earlier, if he had been there then he could have done something... but now there was nothing he could do and he was left to be a single parent. Janet had always been so much more mom material than he was cut out to be a Dad but he loved his little girl more than anything and if he had to give her a nanny who would adore her and have her happy again then that's what he would do. He was just awful at showing her how much he cared.

Carmen woke up stiff as a board after sleeping in her old bed ever so slightly wrong, using the shower to untense her muscles as much as possible until she walked over to hr dresser and chucked her clothes on, making it over to Charlie's place around ten as promised, heading straight out to bring the horses in and give them breakfast, letting them all eat while she headed into the house, ready to unload the dishwasher but frowned when she saw it still dirty and went to clear his plates from dinner, shaking her head a little as she did so. His car was in the drive but she hadn't heard any movement from him yet so she continued using this time to potter around the house and get some cleaning done for him. It wasn't technically in her job description but she knew he must be overwhelmed with how much upkeep this house took

Max looked after the girl for hours smiling happily at her. She was an absolutely adorable little girl and she was a sweetheart as well. She could tell this little girl had a big heart but was also missing her mother and her father as well. She carried her bed when she fell asleep and closed the door before she went to cleaning up the rest of the house. She looked at Jeff as he came in and gave a small wave "Good evening Mr.Morgan, Lana is napping upstairs, I hope you don't mind I started dinner for the two of you." She explained quietly

Charlie grumbled as he woke up and soon got dressed making his way downstairs to get some coffee. He waved some at Carmen as she came into his vision "Mornin.." he muttered sipping his black coffee taking a deep breath "You look like shit.....sleep good?" He asked

Carmen frowned some at him as she finished wiping down the countertops, "Just what I love to hear and right back at you... But in all truth no I didn't, I've needed a new mattress for months but bills keep coming up." She muttered more to herself than anything, "I'm about to head out for that walk, do you want anything done with Herbie before I go?" She asked him, "If you want I can give him a quick exercise when I get back. Do my hips good to do some schooling." She told him, passing him a mug of coffee she'd already got ready when she'd heard him moving about upstairs.

Jeff set his ruck sack down and sighed some, half expecting as always to hear Janet's voice in the kitchen or playing with Lana but it wasn't going to happen anymore and he was going to have to come to terms with that. "Huh? Oh yeah sure.... Did she behave?" He asked her quietly, "Cause if not I can talk to her and try and get her to pull her act together." He muttered going to crack open a beer in the kitchen.

Charlie took the mug sipping the coffee some giving a nod "Yeah sounds good." He murmured frowning when she mentioned the mattress "What size bed you got?" He asked raising an eyebrow. He didn't mind buying her a new one because it would help her sleep and get her to be able to be in a better mood here "I'll get you a new mattress." He said rubbing the sleep from his eyes not even thinking it was a big deal

Max shook her head some as she looked at him "No she was great, had to change her breakfast. She said she was allergic to pork. I also cleaned up the family room with her. We'll tackle her room soon." she said turning her attention back to the food she was cooking "I see you have a lot of land around here for your farm....is it alright if we go for a walk sometimes? She needs to be outside here and there." She explained

Carmen turned to him with wide eyes and shook her head "Oh I... No I didn't mean like that Charlie... I... It's okay, I'm sorting it out." She assured him, going a deep shade of red as she blushed like mad out of embarrassment. She always got flustered when people offered to do nice things for her. Especially having grown up as poor as she had, her concept of having money to spare was non existent at the best of times where as she was sure his was the opposite. She knew he was incredibly wealthy from his books, hell when she'd told her friends who she was going to work for they'd all pointed it out before anything else but to her this was just another job and although very attractive, he was her boss and on top of that still mourning the loss of his wife and drinking life away.

Jeff frowned some, "Allergic to... Oh fuck." He muttered, rubbing his face, "Yeah... Yeah she's intolerant to it and I made her friggin' bacon for breakfast." He muttered, sighing heavily but looked back to her when she said about the farm, "Course... Just make sure she stays away from the feed storage... She has a tendency to want to feed everyone and she doesn't understand dietary requirements.... If she ran the place all my animals would be obese." He muttered shaking his head. He'd hired a farm hand recently when Janet had told him it was getting too much for her to do when he was working so much so the animals were all taken care of but he still loved them all. He just barely went out to see them anymore.

Max laughed lightly and nodded some finishing up the food and turning off the burners "I can tell she has a big heart for sure." She said biting her lip some as she cleaned up some "Well dinner is ready for you both. I'm sure she'll be up soon. I'll see you in the morning." She said softly before she went to grab her things to go.

Charlie frowned some at her shaking his head some "No I insist, you need a good mattress what size is your bed?" He asked finishing off his coffee and making another one making sure to add a splash of Irish Whiskey to it "Don't make me have to go to your place and find out." He teased giving a soft smile to her. She was a gorgeous girl and he wondered how the hell she was still single. His would usually be all over it but his wounds were still very fresh from his wife even if it had been nearly a year since she passed.

Jeff nodded and thanked her quietly, walking her out before heading up to Lana and sat on the edge of her bed sighing heavily, gently brushing the hir out of her face, "Hey... Lanabear... Wake up sweetheart, we gotta go have dinner." He told her gently, rubbing her back and trying his best to get her up, smiling when she finally woke up and he picked her up some, cuddling her close. The late evenings were the one time a day he was soft with her. After all she was still his little princess and he still loved her more than anything. "How did you like Max?" He asked her quietly.

Carmen chuckled shaking her head, "Charlie.... Please... I will sort it." She told him, a little firmer this time then smiled at him a little, letting it falter when she saw him adding the alcohol to his coffee before heading out to go sort the horses out, taking Maple out for a walk on the trail around his property as promised, finding her mind wandering to Charlie every time. He was her boss though and on top of that he was a widower and an alcoholic. She didn't need that much baggage in her life right now

Lana shrugged softly as she picked at her food some "She nice....but when is Mommy coming home?" She asked frowning some at her dad. She liked Max, she thought she was fun to be around but she still missed her mom dearly right now, she just still didn't understand that she was gone for good.

Charlie frowned some and gave a nod before he went to his office ordering her a new set and getting it shipped to her place before he opened up his new draft giving a heavy sigh still not knowing what to put down. He didn't have the motivation to really even write anymore and he knew Laura would be disappointed in him but he really had no idea what to do

Jeff sighed heavily and kissed her head, cutting it up for her, "Pumpkin... Mommy can't come home remember? She went to heaven." He reminded her quietly and just stayed close when she got upset like she always did, "She loves you so much though and she's always gonna be watching over you." He promised her gently, "Come on, let's get you to bed... Max will be here tomorrow, you're gonna go show her the animals okay?" He assured her, getting her in bed once they finished dinner, staying til she was asleep then went to bed and worked on his laptop for a while.

Carmen got back and immediately took his horse for a schooling session in the field before going back inside to carry on with the housework, "Hey Charlie... When did you wanna get started on organising your schedule so I can get everythign started?" She asked him while she picked up his laundry basket to go work on, walking over and seeing he had the same paragraph typed out and nothing more so she set the laundry basket down and turned his computer towards her, "Here." She mumbled, tryping out in big block capitals and a bold font, 'You can do this.' then let him have the computer back "So you're reminded every time you look at the page." She smiled

Max got there early that morning and walked in looking at Jeff with a smile "Good Morning." She murmured hoping she didnt look as tired as she felt. Her roommate had kept her up all night with her fighting over the phone with her boyfriend and she had barely slept at all.

Charlied frowned a bit giving a heavy sigh "Not sure, they want me to do a book signing soon. Got asked to do a few interviews but I'm pretty sure I don't want to do that shit." He muttered shaking his head a bit. He had never been one for all the lights and fame. He was a private person and he absolutely LOATHED interviews. He saw what she had written and gave a small toothless grin at it shakijg his head a bit

He raised an eyebrow at her but nodded "Coffee's on the side, I'm running late, she's up don't know if she got dressed or not." he told her on his way out of the front door.

Carmen smiled triumphantly at him after seeing his smiled but nodded as she listened, "I know I know but maybe one or two wouldn't hurt.... Forward me the e-mails and I'll start getting everything set up for me to take over organising schedules." She promised him, "It's my forte, and I'll make sure you do a good amount of stuff you want to do and only a couple things that you'd rather not but need to." She pointed out, going off to do his laundry now.

Max gave a small nod giving a heavy sigh whem she saw Lana come down sobbing with a brush stuck in her hair "Oh darling you need some detangling spray." She said before wetting her hair a bit and got it brushed through "There you go, all better yeah?" She said placing the brush down

Charlie nodded some and sighed heavily "Yeah will do." He mumbled going through them and sending her the info "Here thats all I got." He murmured looking back at the computer

Users who are viewing this thread

Back