• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Here's to the New Memories

Max frowned some trying to get Lana to calm down but soon realized it wasnt happening over the phone. She quickly got her purse and Dex leaving in just her pajamas not worrying about shoes and rushing over there gasping when she saw tje ambulance out front "Whats wrong? I'm the little girl's nanny is her father okay?"

Lana saw max and ran over holding onto her tightly as she could and crying into her shirt. ‘Heart attack. Can we leave her with you? We really need to get him to the hospital.’ The EMT told her while the other climbed in the back.

Max frowned and picked up Lana nodding to the EMT "Yes I'll watch her." She said watching them speed off before she took Lana inside "Its gonna be okay pumpkin I promise. He'll be okay." She whispered

Lana frowned and held onto her sobbing. “I don’t want daddy to go away!” She whimpered. “It’s not fair!” She cried into her shoulder with Dex nudging at her ankles some trying to cheer her up.

carmen got up super early and headed straight away out to help Charlie get his stuff ready and to drive him down there.

Max nodded and got her to the guest room laying in bed with her smiling as Dex jumped on the bed and cuddled right next to Lana "Its okay they're gonna help him get better." She murmured before she soon fell asleep with the little girl. She woke up the next morning and went downstairs to make some food for them her mind stuck on Jeff and if he was okay.

Charlie smiled happily at Carmen as she came hugging her some "Thank you for this." He murmured to her before he got his things and went to the car. He hummed quietly as he drove taking a deep breath as they pulled up reaching to grab his coffee mug with a shaky hand

Her phone rang around ten am with a nurse from the hospital telling her that Jeff had pulled through and was asking if she could bring Lana down to see him.

she frownedgently and placed a hand over his for a minute. “I’m really proud of you Charlie. Seriously.” She murmured letting him sit in the car with her for a little bit so that he could have a few moments to relax before she walked in with him carrying one of his bags to get him checked in.

Max answered her phone and nodded some informing the nurse they would be there soon. She helped get Lana ready before she frowned looking at herself in fuzzy pants and a tank. She bit her lip hard and went to find a jacket settling for one of Jeff's even though it engulfed her. Once they got to the hospital she gave a small smile see Lana rush to her dad and scramble onto the bed.

Charlie gave her hand a small squeeze and smiled some just waiting for a few minutes until he calmed down to walk in. He looked at Carmen after he signed in and hugged her tight giving a heavy sigh "I'll see you soon."

Jeff smiled tiredly and helped her gently cuddle into his side while he leaned back sighing quietly. “Hey pumpkin. Here have your headphones for a bit okay?” He murmured pointing at her bag then waited til she was listening to music and looked to max. “Stress induced heart attack.” He told her quietly. “I’m gonna have to take a month off work but, I need someone to watch Lana as well.... what would you say to moving in to the spare room?”

carmen smiled and hugged him tightly. “Focus on yourself. No more stressing. I got the house and horses taken care of. You take care of you for me okay?” She smiled at him and stepped back.

Max frowned and looked at him in a bit of shock "What? Oh Mr. Morgan I couldn't impose like that on your household." She said as she watched him some. She knew that she might have had to be with Lana more but she never thought he would ask he to move in.

Charlie nodded softly smiling some before he leant down and kissed her cheek gently "Thank you." He murmured before he went off

Carmen frowned watching him go and headed out to his car, taking it home and parking in the driveway, heading inside to get to work.

Jeff shook his head and frowned some, taking a deep slow breath as he shifted to find a comfortable spot. "You won't be imposing.... If you don't want to that's okay... But... I could really do with.... The help while I... recover." He mumbled watching her tiredly and looking over at Lana, smoothing her hair back gently.

Max frowned more at the state he was in giving a small nod "I'll try to work something out with my apartment about my lease, but I'll bring something over and stay a few nights to help out." She said softly to him giving a small smile

Charlie got back and went to the room he would be staying in giving a heavy sigh as he just looked around

He frowned some, "Consider it paid off, send me an email with what needs to be done, I'll handle it... I really... I really need you at the house." He told her seriously, laying back some more and pulled Lana in close, kissing her head as he started nodding off again

-2 months-
Max sat at her new home smiling happily as Lana got ready and packed all her things up for her first sleepover at her friends house. She had moved in shortly after her talk with Jeff and she had never felt more at home. She not only took care of Lana but also Jeff as well and they had become quite close. She had grown some feelings for him in their time together but she was just trying to push them to the side and ignore them, she knew he would never feel that way for her.

Charlie smiled wide when he walked out of the rehab facility and saw Carmen waiting for him with his favorite car. He went over and hugged her tight spinning her around in a circle "Oh it is so good to see you!" He said happily as he put her down. Out of everyone and everything she was the one he missed most during his time away and he was happy to have her back

Jeff wandered downstairs smiling over at his little girl as she went through her little list she'd made with Max, "You excited kiddo?" He asked her, picking her up and cuddling her for a minute before letting her get down again, glancing over at Max, glad that they would have a chance to talk tonight. He'd gone back to work only this past week but his schedule had become a lot less crazy at least.

Carmen smiled wide and hugged him back, "I missed you too." She giggled some. She had begun to realise while he was away that she could see him as much more than a friend but she'd been strugglign all morning to shove that to the side so that the little reunion in the reception area of the rehab wouldn't be so awkward, "I almost don't wanna give your car back though." She teased, "You ready to go home?"

Max smiled happily at Jeff looking over at Lana when she said she was ready to go "Okay pumpkin butt lets go." She said giving a small laugh and taking her to the car "You want to come with us?" She asked Jeff biting her lip gently hopimg he would say okay. She liked spending as much time with him as she could these days.

Charlie chuckled some and walkrd out with her shaking her his head some "You can't keep the car...but I'll let you take it for a spin every now and again." He said letting his arm drape over her shoulders "No what I could use is a burger, nice fat grease burger."

She laughed some and passed him the keys, "You got it boss." She winked at him as she chucked his bags in the bck then climbed into the passenger seat, "So... loaded question I know... but how are you doing?" She asked him smiling at him still.

He nodded and went to get a hoodie and some shoes, following Lana out to the car and getting her buckled in before getting in the front seat next to Max "Why don't we go get dinner some place? On me." He assured her

Max blushed a light pink color and nodded softly "Yeah sounds good." She said softly smiling at him. After they had dropped Lana off and had arrived to dinner she smiled happily sitting across from Jeff "Thank you for this by the way."

Charlie smiled some at her as they went out "You look good." He murmured shrugging a bit at her question "I'm good, not drinkin has been kinda hard but I've been pullin through the best I can." He said truthfully to her "How are you?"

Carmen smiled at him, "Hey, you've got two months now... and we're gonna help you make it three... And four and five and keep it going." She assured him, "I'm... it's been good.... Very quiet." She told him, going quiet until they had hit the road to go find a burger place, "I can't believe after food here for this long you don't want my cooking." She teased, pretending to be offended for a moment before laughing loudly, accidentally snorting.

Jeff shrugged some and watched her, "I kinda needed to get out of that house.... I know I can't have anything too unhealthy but... ust a salad will do me fine anyway." He muttered, running a hand through his hair, "Plus.... Nearly all of your time is taken up with Lana and I know I'm paying you to do so but.... I want to thank you as well... You've truly been a godsend... For her and for me." he smiled at her

Charlie laughed happily at her "You snorted! That was adorable!" He said as he watched her some "You know what? Tomorrow night I wanna take you out. Show a little appreciation for all you've done for me." He said proudly

Max waved him off blushing again "Oh its nothing really. I love you guys....I mean like...in a family way..." she said cursing herself in her mind for sounding so dumb "They have good salads here I've heard." She said trying to change the subject.

Carmen shook her head, blushing out of embarrassment, "Stop it! I was hoping we could go forever without you having to hear that." She giggled again, "I snort when I'm laughing hard enough." She explained before pausing and looking at him raising an eyebrow, "Take me out?" She asked, not quite sure what he meant by that and she could feel her [ulse quicken in anticipation of what his next words would be.

He frowned some, "Oh yea? Well, I appreciate it more than you know." He told her, reaching across the table then and took her hand in his for a moment, giving it a squeeze before pulling his hand back. He assumed that being almost ten years older than her there was no chance that she would ever be interested in him but something strange had happened when he'd come home and been forced to not work. He'd really started paying attention to how beautiful she was, how much he wanted to hold her in his arms and be near her all the time... Someone he would take a vacation for that wasn't Lana.

Charlie laughed some and smiled happily "Just as umm...just as friends." He said sighing softly feeling like he might be over steppimg if he said date even though he wanted it to be one.

Max blushed again and smiled more "You are something else you know?" She asked giggling a bit "How us working doing with you being back?" she asked biting her lip more as she watched feeling something when he held her hand somr

He shrugged a little. “I’m being treated with kid gloves for the moment. It was expected though.” He muttered and shook his head some. “It’ll be back to normal before I know it.” He smiled at her some.

carmen nodded, unable to help the twinge of disappointment that rose to the surface but she smiled anyway and yawned some as they reached the McDonald’s off the interstate.

Max nodded happily "Well I will happily take care of you." She said in a bit of a flirty way. She really liked Jeff and she wanted to gauge his reaction to her flirting to maybe see if there could possibly be something there.

Charlie ordered his food and groaned when the smell hit the car "Oh man I'm going to devour that like I would a woman." He said before he busted out laughing at his comment

Carmen snorted again and shook her head. “Calm down Charlie you’ve been in rehab not prison.” She teased and nudged him some, not taking her eyes off him. She was god awful at getting her feelings out there as to what she wanted out of him so no matter how much she wanted him as more than a friend she couldn’t put it into words.

Jeff smiled and watched her. “I’d be happy for you to look after me.... I don’t know if it’s obvious.... but I’m not great at taking care of myself.” he chuckled and winked at her.

Charlie chuckled some and smiled a bit "True, but the food in there was still awful." He said glancing at her every now and again. He didn't know how to admit he had feelings for her, part of him wanted to but part of him also remembered his wife and how much he still missed her.

Max gave a small laugh and nodded some "You don't do too bad." She said before she ordered her food. She chatted with Jeff all night and by the end she knew she would want dessert "You mind if I get a dessert? The Brownie sundae is screaming at me."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back