• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Multiple Settings Here we go again

Ilianna

plot for the plot god
Hello! I'm ilianna, they/them, 13 years of rp experience. I like talking to people but at first, I may be a bit awkward. My interpersonal skills are... They are. Somewhere. So please, bear with me, I promise, I'm much more terrified than you are.

About writing with me!

• I'm trying to write at least 500 words per post, but it all depends on what I'm writing to be honest. If it's an emotional scene and there's a lot of things going on inside my character's head, I can write over 1200 words. I like to focus on the inner experiences, motives behind the character's action, a lot of emotional bullshit. Most of my characters are troubled, with a difficult past and/or present, often antiheroes staying somewhere in the morally grey area. I like to make things complicated, but I'm attaching to those bastards very easily so it's difficult for me to finish a story on a very depressing note. Usually, I prefer bittersweet endings, and if I want to finish the plot with a no-happy-ending, don't be surprised if I ask for an alternative ending just to cheer myself up. I am weak and soft, okay?
  • I prefer to make a loose plan for the RP before starting it. I'm repeating- loose, because it's impossible to plan everything without knowing what's the exact characters' dynamic, for example. So if we planned something and you'd like to change it for any reason, just tell me and let's discuss it. But I really appreciate an outline to avoid complete chaos.
  • I'm working full time, five days a week, so my replays depend on how much work I have at the moment. Sometimes there are days when I'm completely free to RP during my working hours, but when I have a bigger project to deal with, it'll take me longer. If it's been a while and I haven't say anything, feel free to ask, there's a possibility I've forget to inform you as I am a potato. I'm doing my best to keep my rp partners informed and to provide good quality posts as often as possible.
  • English is not my first language! But I'm doing my best. If you have any tips about writing in a second language, I'd be delighted to discuss them.
  • The last thing before I'll get to plots. I'm a sucker for romance. It doesn't mean that the main plotline cannot focus on, I don't know, stealing a piece of art or anything. But I'd appreciate some romance in the background that influences the stealing plot. I feel comfortable with writing female, male and nb characters. When it comes to the main romance, I'd prefer your character to be male, although in the background plotlines I can write whatever. Yes, "background plotlines". I love secondary characters. The main duo is not the only people in the whole world, they have to interact with someone else. I'm ready to write some NPCs for you as long as you'll do the same for me. Of course, after discussing what we're feeling comfortable with. So... Communication!

Okay, now to the most important part- The Plots.

Ready ideas:

• Shakespeare inspired. TW: severe injuries and blood mentioned
I'd love to write a Tybalt/Mercutio thing. It could be a rewrite of the play with a focus on their interactions, or maybe some kind of AU. I have this idea for a plot that's happening entirely in a moment right before Tybalt's death. He's bleeding out and re-living moments that lead to this, but it's all like a long, unsettling dream. At first, he's not aware of what's happening, it seems normal, but some details are not quite fitting into the setting. I don't know, he's wearing a modern suit but still using a sword in a fight. Or Mercutio is telling him about a dream that he's feeling something wet in his shoe, and when he looks down he sees a huge wound on his side, and the blood flows down the leg to the shoe. At first, it seems normal, but takes a surreal twist in every scene, foreshadowing the ending.
I prefer to write Tybalt, but if you really don't feel like writing Mercutio, I'm willing to switch.

• Two very imperfect lives
Okay, maybe not so bitter. I was thinking about a modern setting for this one, but now when I'm thinking about it, if we kept only necessary tropes, it could work in any setting.
A is working a job he doesn't hate but doesn't like it either. It wasn't his first or even a second choice, that's simply a necessity of paying bills, not fulfilling his dreams. He's not old, hasn't reached 30 yet but he's feeling so tired and unsatisfied it's hard to bear. Deep down, A is an artist, but his dreamed career never really worked out for him. His private life isn't that perfect either. His career is a disappointment for his family and on top of that, he's openly gay. The family doesn't approve and through the last years, it became some sort of taboo at home. Thanks to the job he has, A doesn't have to live with his parents, so it became a choice between two evils. So through the week, A's working, on Sunday he's pretending to be a decent son, but on Friday night he's doing whatever he wants to. He drinks, he dances, he takes his dates home, just to fill out the feeling of emptiness that's devouring him.
At some point, A meets B. B is everything A will never be. He has prestigious, important work. A doctor? A lawyer? He helps people out and is a model human being. Under this mask of a perfect professional, there's a very imperfect husband. His family's falling apart, and he can't do anything but throw himself into the endless circle of work. But it's not the first time when A meets B. It happened years before when A still believed he'll be an exceptional artist, that he has the world under his feet, and B was just a student who won't have to be a role model for the next few years. It's been the first love for both of them, but it stayed mostly secret. It's been a perfect year. But nothing lasts forever. B got an internship in another city. He promised to write, to stay with A, and try having a long-distance relationship. Soon after, B broke up with A, and they haven't seen each other until years later. And as they say, the first love never really dies.
It's a long description and it may seem that all the details are settled. Well, they're not. I'm open to discussing anything, just tried to give a good feel for this plot. I'm expecting many dilemmas here. Choices between an overwhelming feeling, and other people's expectations, options that seem to lead to an easier life, a huge "what will people say?". Also a "we're not those kids anymore" thing with a bit of "we've changed so much, do I even know you?"
I'm taking A.

• *heavy sigh* Naruto OCxKakashi
Shit, here we go again. So while laying in bed with a horrible fever, I've remembered "Hey, I used to have this Naruto OC that I've never really written properly!" And here I am, back in Naruto OC hell. Please, someone, join me.
So this guy is another troubled soul I've created. Haven't been in Naruto fandom for a while, so I'm apologizing for potential canon divergences. Shin was born in Kiri, as a part of the Yuki clan, but when he was a kid, his parents run away from the civil war. They've found refuge in a small village in the Fire country. His father was a shinobi, and of course, Kiri wasn't happy with another missing-nin. He was tracked down and killed. His wife and son were spared (for reasons I have planned, but I won't write every single detail here). A few years later, Shin started showing predispositions for ninjutsu. They moved to Leaf Village when his mother convinced the right people to accept Shin in academia. He wasn't a genius or anything, just a regular kid who with time became really confused with his own capabilities. I mean, his mother was a civilian, he had no contact with other Yuki, so he had to figure the whole hyoton thing on his own. The Third Shinobi War properly traumatized him (like most of the shinobi involved), but the worst was yet to come. So as I've said, Shin isn't a genius but he's a decent shinobi and has a skill uncommon for the village. That allowed him to become an ANBU where he met Kakashi.
The rest of the angsty plot is very sketchy so I won't write it here, hit me on PM if you're interested. I'll just say that the main plot takes place at the beginning of the first Naruto season. Shin and Kakashi meet years after the ANBU episode, by complete accident. Recently, Shin recognized one of his father's murderers in the bingo book and, of course, he wants revenge. He tries to manipulate Kakashi into helping him.
It starts as angsty angst and evolves in "healing together" tope. As I said, hit me on PM for more details.

Temptations without any details:

• Dragon Age. I want to create a mage or a city elf, or maybe even a Templar (during the Inquisition events). From the canon characters, I can write Anders. I love mages with good intentions and very questionable decisions, so he's a total package for me.
  • The Witcher. I'm craving writing a sneaky Squirrel who doesn't have the luxury of being a good person. Then he experiences an act of selfless kindness from a village doctor and enters a life crisis because of that. From the canons, I'd love to write Vernon Roch if someone's willing to write Iorveth. I haven't seen the Netflix adaptation, but I've read the books, played most of the games, and seen the Polish TV series, but please, let's not talk about the last one. It's a proper disaster and true guilty pleasure.
  • Inception. I've never written an action thing. But I can try for the love of this movie. Yes, I am the dream husbands trash, but OCs would be interesting as well.
  • Fargo. Or any two hitmen who are just trying to be tough guys and survive, but are soft for each other, and oops that can't be good, right?
  • Vampire the Mascarade. Malcavian/Brujah rebels duo. I kind of see them as reversed Moriarty/Moran. The Brujah's a glorious charismatic leader and the Malcavian's his unsettling second in command. Partners in crime, we against the world, the greater good. Complicated and problematic. Please, let me take the Malk.
  • Sherlock. Moriarty and Moran. That's it. That's the request.

Most likely, it'll be updated.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back