• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Here There Be Dragons! - Medieval fantasy dragon rider interest check

DovahBeat

The Flame of Kamura
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)

Here there be dragons!

In the kingdom of Theolon, humans have integrated tamed dragons into their lives. From the smallest Fae dragon to the largest Grand, they all have a home within Theolon, much to the displeasure of Deluvos, a rivaling Kingdom that has not yet mastered the art of taming dragons. Deluvos is brewing war against Theolon and its dragons, but the problem is, no one in Theolon believes it. How could a dragonless country ever hope to take on one with dragons living amongst the common folk?
Magic.
No, seriously, they’re using magic to create monsters to oppose dragons.
With this unseen looming threat on the horizon, it is up to our unlikely heroes to rise to the challenge to discover, and stop Deluvos from conquering Theolon.
The continent this takes place on is called Drakonia, with a large mountain range in the center, coasts on all sides, Theolon to the North of the mountain range and Deluvos to the south. There is only one pass through the mountains, otherwise, you’ll have to go around said mountains.

~~~~~~~~~~~~​

Welcome! this is the interest Check for Here There Be Dragons!
This rp will center around dragon riders/tamers, in case that wasn't clear.
If this gets enough interest, I'll open up the required ooc discord this rp will take use, and a cs thread!
There's a good chunk of lore I'm organizing for this thread, some is below to give a taste, the rest will come out with the CS thread and ooc discord.

Types of Dragons:
image0.jpg

The Feathered Dragon
Size: 6 - 8 ft long
Diet: Small Mammals, lizards, insects, birds
Habitats: humid, hot, tropical forests
Description: Long believed to be a purely mythological dragon, the coatyl is revered as a holy animal to the native people of its habitats. The number of wings may vary, and some are "born" from fire like a phoenix. Male coatyl have crown plumes used to attract the attention of females. Males have brightly colored plumage and feathers, whereas females exhibit earth tones to camouflage themselves. Often used as messenger birds.
Screenshot_20230129-155820_Kindle.jpg

The Work Horse
Size: up to 7 ft tall at the shoulder
Diet: Large game such as elk, moose, insects and sometimes other dragons
Habitats: Grasslands, open savannas to subarctic tundras
Description: The drake is a common flightless dragon that has been greatly domesticated. They all have four legs and short compact bodies allowing for swift running. They are highly adaptable to their environments, with many subspecies specially designed for almost any function. They have powerful jaws and sharp teeth to effectively capture and kill their prey. They typically have wedge-shaped heads allowing for binocular vision when hunting. They are pack-hunting animals. They have been bred throughout the world, resulting in hundreds of varieties such as small toy drakes to massive siege drakes. They are commonly used as guard animals, and many have had armor and harnesses custom-made for their specific occupation.
Screenshot_20230129-155845_Kindle.jpg

The Fairy Dragon
Size: 8 - 20 inches
Diet: Carnivore; insects, dragonflies, hummingbirds
Habitats: rural areas such as farmland
Description: Often mistaken for insects, Fae dragons have evolved forearms that make a second set of wings, and the legs and feet have developed long digits for grappling prey and holding onto small limbs. They fly like insects or hummingbirds, capable of hovering in midair, and move in any direction while holding any position. Fae come in many colors and shapes. Some breeds migrate while others hibernate through winter. Like magpies, they like to steal small shiny objects to line their nests. Fae also have a prehensile tail to give it better balance. They are often kept as nurturers for gardens and farms, as many possess the ability to manipulate plants.
Screenshot_20230129-155920_Kindle.jpg

The Greatest of the Great
Size: 15 - 75 ft long
Diet: Tuna, sturgeon, bass, porpoises, small whales, cetaceans, seals
Habitats: Coastal Areas
Description: Grand dragons are the most feared and famous dragons in the history of the world. They can be found nearly everywhere and can breathe fire or manipulate other elements with their breath weapons. Though they were once abundant, now they are quite rare. The bright colors of these species are more prominent in males than females. Grand dragons have quadrupedal bodies, long tails, serpentine necks, scaled armor, and massive bat-like wings. Most are highly intelligent.
Grand dragons are highly territorial and anti-social, even to other dragons.
Screenshot_20230129-155956_Kindle.jpg

Eastern Mountain Dragon
Size: 3 - 30 ft long
Diet: Omnivorous; fruits, bamboo, the meat of smaller animals when available
Habitats: Bamboo Jungles to mountains
Description: Loong are long, serpentine, four-legged dragons with prehensile tails. Loong are unique in that they are in the order of flightless dragons like drakes but are capable of limited flight. They don't possess dedicated appendages for flight like other dragons, instead, Loong use a unique construction of frills along its body to glide or "swim" through the air. They also have whiskers much like a catfish's, used to sense close-range movement. Its long serpentine body is able to constrict around enemies like a snake, and its four legs have sharp talons for fighting, in addition to a jaw of sharp teeth. Some can even spit caustic expectorant to frighten enemies. They tend to be reclusive and shy, living solitary lives.
Loong come in a variety of colors, sizes, and shapes. They tend to migrate for winter when their habitats begin to get cold.
Screenshot_20230129-160018_Kindle.jpg

The Armored Snake
Size: 25 - 50 ft long
Diet: large animals such as boar or deer
Habitats: Temperate to tropical climates. Lowlands and wetlands, swampy river banks, and salt water tidal basins
Description: One of the most infamous families of the dragon class, the Wyrm has been perhaps the most feared creature throughout all human cultures. The wyrm is distinguished by both its lack of wings and legs, looking much like an armored snake. Although typically unable to breathe fire, the wyrm is usually able to spray a cloud of misted poison that can paralyze and blind its prey, allowing the wyrm to swallow its catch whole.
Screenshot_20230129-160042_Kindle.jpg

The Wolf Dragon
Size: 20 - 35 ft long
Diet: Moose, elk, bear, caribou, other dragons, and fish for those who live near water
Habitats: Alpine regions, sometimes rocky rivers, lakes, seashores
Description: The wyvern has two legs, two wings, and a spiny tail surmounted by a (typically) poisonous stinger. Its durable hide of armored scales gives the wyverns plenty of protection to fight off other predators and even larger dragons when fighting in a pack. They do not possess a breath weapon, but rather their stinger is the source of their elemental discharge. This, combined with their powerful body and ferocious maw of razor-sharp teeth make them formidable foes. They live in packs of up to 12 individuals, ranging over a territory many hundreds of miles in area.
In the fall, male wyvern wing patterns become vibrant to attract a mate and will fight other suitors, sometimes resulting in death. They usually hibernate through winter.

Last edited:

I am interested! What post length/detail are you looking for?

I do feel the need to add that I work full time in the early morning, and have a homestead to take care of when I get home. So my activity could be a bit sporadic- but getting a reply out if its my turn at least once a day wouldn't be a problem

I am interested! What post length/detail are you looking for?
It doesn't matter too much to me as long as there's something to work with. :)
I do feel the need to add that I work full time in the early morning, and have a homestead to take care of when I get home. So my activity could be a bit sporadic- but getting a reply out if its my turn at least once a day wouldn't be a problem
No worries! Welcome!

I'll be sending another round of invites to the discord now!

wiggles in here are you guys still open for another rper ? if not, then that's a-okay ! just thought i'd ask ^^ if so - do you have a character sheet deadline, by any chance ??

wiggles in here are you guys still open for another rper ? if not, then that's a-okay ! just thought i'd ask ^^ if so - do you have a character sheet deadline, by any chance ??
We can fit you in! There's no deadline, but as soon as everyone's that has so far shown interest has a form up we'll start! I'll send you a discord link!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back