• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Multiple Settings Her Gift: Idun Academy (Interest Check)

Vexumin

Whiskered Wizard

Her Gift: Idun Academy

Whether you've only just moved into one of the many different communities scattered about Noreshore or you've lived there all your life, there is one thing worth looking forward to for the younger citizens of the city. That is, for a certain portion of the cities young adults. It is enrollment to Idun Academy of Magics and Monsters. As a member of the hidden monster and magic capable society, you are offered the unique chance to become a student for an academy meant for and run by those just like yourself.

Humans are welcomed nowhere near campus and they are under the misconception that the school is only for the privileged. Even when they wish to investigate the school or sneak in, powerful enchantments upon the gate make them lose interest or forget their previous efforts, or at the very least dissuade them from wandering further than they should.

It is because of these countermeasures that students are allowed to roam the school free from their disguises, their shimmers. Even those that bear no monster blood but are still magic capable may engage in recreational courses to pursue further learning in regard to their affinities.

There isn't a monster in all of Noreshore that wouldn't want to apply, even if they simply seek a less restrictive environment, and after a stroke of luck you find a letter placed neatly into your mailbox.

Whether you're alone or are amongst your guardian or guardians, you open the envelope of the letter with great anticipation. As the wax seal cracks in half, you can smell magic in every fiber of the parchment letter within. The usual complex enchantments place on an otherwise less intricate piece of parchment. An enchantment that allows only those of inhuman blood to view the true contents. Any other who gaze upon the paper may see false documents for uninteresting purposes.

You open the letter fully and read the following.

IMG_0562.png

Following a night of celebration, you finish the day with a bit of time on your phone. As a member of the monster and magic capable society you, as well as nearly every other individual like yourself, has access to special applications or media beyond the reach of humans. Looking through forums or posts from your favorite influencers or profiles, you notice a post from a very familiar individual.

She is a current student of Idun Academy, but she is renowned for her chattiness and the frequency of her posts online of subjects that may have only started being talked about a short time ago. Whatever the case, she is always on eye drawing topics in no time. She is a member of the Pixus species. What humans might call "fey". Her pink hair catches the light in a near hallucinatory way.

"A human managed to get into the school the other day," the post reads. "Apparently it was one of those Faithers. You know, the kind that hunted witches back in the day. Thankfully he didn't manage to get far before he was caught, but it's scary to think just how close they had gotten to seeing a student possibly out of their shimmer. Rumor has it that there's been an uncomfortable amount of sightings of Faithers and Hunters in Noreshore, so be careful out there everyone!"

The post catches your interest for a time, but soon enough the pull of sleep ebbs at your conciousness, drawing you into dreams. You succumb to the pull and soon rest for the night, the last hints of excitement for the coming semester fading until you wake.

Greetings!

Welcome to the interest check for Her Gift: Idun Academy. An rp idea that has been on my mind for many nights. I worked hard to get this interest check posted, even if nothing comes of it. I hope that you might be interested though!

I do not plan for there to be a limit to how many decide they want to join. I'll simply start the story and people can even create their own social circles if they want. Whether your character is a member of a monster species that enjoys testing their strength against other monsters of magic capable students and creates a club around such activities or if your character delves into the more occult side of magic or alchemical practices.

Whatever the case, there are many opportunities for good rp to be had in Idun Academy.

The main story will revolve around organizations with less that kind intentions for monster kind steadily making their way closer and closer to the academy and any territories meant for monsters close by. People should expect disappearances, tension and hardships as the students make an effort to experience a full and enjoyable time at Idun.

I hope that you'll throw your hat into the ring if this at all catches your interest. I look forward to having fun with anyone interested in this rp!

Last edited:
Would it be possible to make a teacher?

You could make a teacher. I’d recommend making a student, but if you wanted to play a teacher role instead then let me know what subject they would teach. If you’d like to know about some potential subjects, I’d be happy to tell you about them.

Necromancy, Demonology, and Dark Arts.
So magics are not quite so diverse in this modern world setting. There is such a thing as necromancy, but the use of it is forbidden, with there being no such need for the magic other than providing students a means of controlling it. The primary magical subjects are all generalized into ritualistic magics, Illusory magics, physic magics and enchanted magics.

Necromancy would fall under ritualistic, but as I said, it is only taught as a means to control and not utilize.

Okay, then I have a good idea for a combo illusion/enchantment witch. Would a lamiaa be an acceptable character?

Okay, then I have a good idea for a combo illusion/enchantment witch. Would a lamiaa be an acceptable character?
Sure! The nice thing about this story is that nearly any type of monster is considered a viable species, some monsters being more rare than others as well.

Interested, but I have some questions.

Are there any requirements for style, formatting, or length?

Will there be a posting order?

How many characters are allowed per roleplayer?

Are we allowed to use descriptions instead of pictures for our characters?

Interested, but I have some questions.

Are there any requirements for style, formatting, or length?

Will there be a posting order?

How many characters are allowed per roleplayer?

Are we allowed to use descriptions instead of pictures for our characters?
More than happy to answer your questions.

For the first one, I don’t have any particular style or formatting requirements for the most part. I do prefer that a post be at least two to three paragraphs long, with exceptions. This isn’t a rule set in stone, but it is a personal preference. I like to see what details other role players have to offer so that I can provide a more tailored experience.

I’m not entirely sure about a posting order at the moment. I suppose it depends on the flow of the story. If we push for more story, then I suppose I will put a posting order in place. Otherwise people are free to post as they wish, because I do expect some characters to interact with each other here and there and character to character interactions do not require a post order in my opinion.

Characters allowed per character? I’d say keep it to how many you can handle. I’d suggest keeping it at two max, but if all of your characters will keep in close proximity or they’re all involved in some way, then that should be fine.

Also, you are more than welcome to use descriptions over pictures if that is what you want to do. I will have a thorough read over them to make sure that everything is alright, but otherwise that’s fine.

Going to get things started here soon. Will have a cs thread up. Still time for others to join if they want, of course.

Just as a quick side-note for everyone, the setting of this story takes place in a very modern alt-world. So a majority of occupied lands bear similarities to what you’d find today. There can still be aspects of fantasy here and there, but otherwise it is relatively simple for a world. Aside from the existence of monsters and magic that is.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back