Henvo Stál

Alstromeria

Florian Society Member
Member form:

What do you look for in an RP? I look for detail. Lots of detail. I also look for moderately paced story telling, but nothing too fast.
Is the answer to the above question your expectation of this RP? Please Explain : Yes. The fact that it has updates, and well developed lore shows that there are people here that care alot about this RP. When you think about what an RP is, it's just the people. The people show how comitted they are through their writing, and this RP seens to be pretty damn committed.
What kind of Experience do you have in Roleplaying? : I've had pretty good experiences, actually. I've had multiple good groups, but hey, two updates and about three years means that people drift in and out of the nets. I love writing, and I try my best to share that.
What genres of Roleplay do you like? : Fantasy, straight up fantasy. I've always liked the knights and dragons, and now that I'm older my free time is almost always spent in any world other than my own.
What times are you available? : I've got more time than I need, and way more than you'd like XD
How long on average are you on? : I pop in and out fairly often. When I'm interested in something, nearly four hours a day. If nothing happens, I'll duck out and come back later.
How many posts a week do you think you can make? : As many as you need. I know the description said three a week, but I might be tempted to go over that.
Are you willing to contribute in World building? Please Explain : Hell yea, I love worldbuilding. I DM a game of dungeons and dragons, and I use the world I made in highschool. If I were to make something though, I'd need someone to give me the general feel of what they wanted.
Would you be willing to play a role already setup? : Nah. I'd rather make my own people, but if it's needed, I am able to copy peoples writing styles.
Would you be willing to play an Antagonist? : I'd rather not, but I could. I might change my mind, I'm saying no now because I havent started living in this world yet.
Would you be willing to GM certain events? : Once again, I'd like to get a better feel for this world before I start GMing and regulating things.

Character Sheet Non-Human

General Traits

Character Picture:
Character Role:
Main
Character Name: Henvo Stál
Meaning of Name: Steel Song, also synonomous with Harsh Voice, Metal Noise, or Battle Cry
Alias: N/A
Race: Ferus (Beastman)

IMG_3660.JPG
Appearance

Height:
5'10"
Weight: 142lbs
Hair: White
Eyes: Black
Body Marks: Black, angular tattoos wind up his biceps, and conjoin around his back and chest

Biography

Birth Place: A dark cave high in the Argyle Range
Date of Birth: Nware 30, 971 C.Y.A.D.
Nationality: Wild Northerner
Personality: Henvo is usually a disgruntled, sour, and generally pessemistic individual. A true wolf at heart, he prefers solitude and silence to the hustle and bustle of modern society. Given that this is not always an option, he tries to avoid initiating conversation and will respond in grunts and other nonspecific noises that show indifference when necessary. However, he has a strict moral code, Honor Blood and Vengeance, and sticks to it without fail.
2 Positive Traits: Honorable, Resourceful
2 Negative Traits: Blunt, Abrasive
Weaknesses: Small 'helpless' creatures. Henvo doesn't like to show it, but he's got a soft spot for babies.

History: Born high in the snowy peaks of the Argyle Mountains, a beastwoman gave birth to a litter of four. Four white pups, an uncertain omen, one that could bode either fair or ill for each of the children. As custom in the tribe of nomadic beastmen who had taken shelter from the harsh winter winds, the children were named differently, but their names had similar meanings. The first was named Harsh Voice, for he was the strongest, the largest, and even from a young age his words carried weight beyond age. The second was named Metal Noise, for he was a thinker, a creator, and his blades were always humming with magic. The third was named Battle Cry, for he lusted for battle, his teeth always alight with the call of war. And the Fourth, the youngest, was named Steel Song, for while others used weapons as tools, he played them as the instruments of valor that they were, singing of the three things the pack honored the most: Honor, Blood, and Vengeance.

Their fate caught up with them in the order they were born. Harsh voice grew strong, strong and bold. It was not long before he had replaced his father, like his forefather before him, as leader of the pack. His reign brought prosperity and fortune to the small group, and none went hungry. Metal noise, whos skin was pierced with baubles and the like, died a hero. A group of men tracked the pack through the mountains for sport, and Metal Noise sprang a magical trap that took their lives as well as his. Battle Cry fell with even further glory to his name, Fending off rival beastmen, protecting the packs lands, and only succumbing to his countless fatal wounds at the end of all fighting.

Lastly, there came the fourth. Steel Song. While he fought bravely in all previous conflicts, Harsh Voice became untrusting. Distant. It appeared that the fate that seemed to lie in favor of the four brothers was a cruel twist of time. A trick played by the spirits of all life. Harsh Voice spent more and more time by himself, making more and more rash descisions that would run the pack into the ground. The rest of the pack had not the nerve to speak to him themselves, so Steel Song's duty as his brother was to hold counsel. As Steel Song confronted his brother, Harsh Voice sprang upon him with a killing intent, dishonor had finally taken its toll. After the bloody fight, Steel Song stood shakily, but victorious, his brothers blood on his claws and maw.

Steel Song was no fool. He understood his fate would soon find him as his brothers already had. Instead of taking his rightful place at the head of a shattered, starving pack, he did what he was best at as the fastest scout of the pack. He ran. He brought upon himself tremendous dishonor in this act. He ran. Metal Sound had taught him a thing or two about glamor spells, and Steel Song disguised himself as a human. He ran. He ran far to the south, farther than any of his kind could follow him, farther than any of his pack even dreamed existed. Steel Song adopted the language of the strange beings called men, He dressed as them, but wore as little as possible without drawing attention to himself, their garments felt bad against his fur. But there was a silver lining to all snowclouds, and the one in this case was called the Norhad Swords. Having never dropped the practice of being a warrior, Steel Song joined this group without hesitation. Yet he kept his name, as he always had. In the language of man, he was Steel Song. But in the language of Beastman, he was Henvo Stál. So Henvo Stál he was.

And yet still, he runs. For he knows that his fate will find him as well. At least he has a head start.

Life Skills: Henvo is skilled in hunting, trapping, and tracking, but specializes in humanoids.

Material Possessions

Clothing and Attire: Leather armor, a rabbitskin undergarment, a small leather satchel worn on belt around waist
Personal Items: A metal piece of jewlry from his brother Metal Noise that he wears from his left ear, a large skinning knife that belonged to Battle Cry worn in a sheath on his belt, and a neclace made from the teeth of his brother Harsh Voice worn around his neck. Henvo keeps these items close to him at all times, and would rather part with his life before these.
Weapons: Henvo carries a scimitar with a wide blade, a handaxe, and a belt of throwing knives. The scimitar and handaxe he wears on opposite sides of his belt, the handaxe in the left usually, and the knives are organized with the lightest on the top and the heaviest on the bottom.

Combat Section

Guardian Clan of the Land:
Description:
Races of the Land have a natural balance of attack and defense. Their camaraderie and ties of family bonds are a strength that lend to their combat style. Working in groups with support and healing techs is testimony to that. Warriors of these races are meant to persist in battle.
Elements Affinity: Wood, Earth, Light
Types of Artes: ATK / DEF / PNM / SPT / HEAL
Base Stats: HP: 7 / SE: 20 / CCA: 5 /

Special Ability: Wildborn Resilience: Harsh weather and difficult earth are no deterrent to Henvo. If anything, the Beastman feels more at home in the blinding rain and renting snow than anywhere else. He can usually track anything over any terrain that doesn't mask its trail with magical means, and has no problem finding food as long as he is given an hour or two. Henvo can survive well enough on his own, but his instincts tell him he is stronger with others like him, a pack.

Runes Artes:

Overview:
Arte level : Level of your arte
Name of Arte: The name so that you can mark in down in the IC when used. Can also be what you yell in battle.
Type: Choose one of the types that are made available by your Clan
Description: Please describe what it may be like in IC, as well as what happens OoC
Elemental: Choose from the ten elements
Price: The amount of Token points needed to unlock this arte and use it in battle.
Cost: The amount of SE ( spirit energy ) that is required in IC to use in battle.
CCA: The amount of CCA ( Combat Character Actions ) that is required in IC to use in Battle
* Please do not change any of the numerical values on the sheet as they are fixed for all players.

Arte level 1
Name of Arte: Wind of Steel
Type: ATK
Description: Henvo throws one knife and it splits into three different knives, striking the same target or a different one with each throw. OOC; Amped up Magic Dagger spell kinda ish.
Elemental: Steel
Price: 5 Token points
Cost: 6 SE
CCA: 3

Arte level 2
Name of Arte: Song of Brotherhood
Type: SPT
Description: Henvo lets out a cry as somber as the earth itself, and those around him gain strength of spirit. OOC; Allies increase their damage by 2. Two turn duration.
Elemental: Light
Price: 10 Token points
Cost: 12 SE
CCA: 6

Arte level 3
Name of Arte: Godless Healing
Type: HEAL
Description: After invoking the strange magics weilded by his brother, Henvo eases the pain of himself or his comrades through the burning of sacred plants. OOC; When targeting self, heals 1 hp per 5 turns. When targeting others, heals 3 hp instantly
Price: 15 Token points
Cost: 18 SE
CCA: 9

Arte level 4
Name of Arte: Hunters Mark
Type: PNM
Description: Henvo claims an enemy as his own, and is compelled to fight them and them alone. OOC; Henvo chooses an enemy, deals aditional damage to that enemy and cannot attack any other enemy until the one effected by hunters mark is dead. OOC; each of Henvo's attack rolls do double damage against a single target. Four turn duration.
Elemental: Earth
Price: 20 Token points
Cost: 24 SE
CCA: 12

Arte level 5
Name of Arte: Blade Dance
Description: Invoking the ancient practice of blade dancing, Henvo's weapons seem to multiply in his hands. They flash, reflecting light in all directions, a terrifying whirlwind of blood and death. OOC; Your typical special move with all the cool stuff.
Price: 25 Token points
Cost: 30 SE

Last edited:
Hi there! Thanks for your submission.
To go over some points about your character, I will quote your post and type inside of it in BOLD and RED print for any comments, concerns or questions.

Member form:

What do you look for in an RP? I look for detail. Lots of detail. I also look for moderately paced story telling, but nothing too fast.
Is the answer to the above question your expectation of this RP? Please Explain : Yes. The fact that it has updates, and well developed lore shows that there are people here that care alot about this RP. When you think about what an RP is, it's just the people. The people show how comitted they are through their writing, and this RP seens to be pretty damn committed.
What kind of Experience do you have in Roleplaying? : I've had pretty good experiences, actually. I've had multiple good groups, but hey, two updates and about three years means that people drift in and out of the nets. I love writing, and I try my best to share that.
What genres of Roleplay do you like? : Fantasy, straight up fantasy. I've always liked the knights and dragons, and now that I'm older my free time is almost always spent in any world other than my own.
What times are you available? : I've got more time than I need, and way more than you'd like XD
How long on average are you on? : I pop in and out fairly often. When I'm interested in something, nearly four hours a day. If nothing happens, I'll duck out and come back later.
How many posts a week do you think you can make? : As many as you need. I know the description said three a week, but I might be tempted to go over that.
Are you willing to contribute in World building? Please Explain : Hell yea, I love worldbuilding. I DM a game of dungeons and dragons, and I use the world I made in highschool. If I were to make something though, I'd need someone to give me the general feel of what they wanted.
Would you be willing to play a role already setup? : Nah. I'd rather make my own people, but if it's needed, I am able to copy peoples writing styles.
Would you be willing to play an Antagonist? : I'd rather not, but I could. I might change my mind, I'm saying no now because I havent started living in this world yet.
Would you be willing to GM certain events? : Once again, I'd like to get a better feel for this world before I start GMing and regulating things.

Character Sheet Non-Human

General Traits

Character Picture:
Character Role:
( Main, Side, NPC or a specific role given by the GM )
Character Name: Henvo Stál
Meaning of Name: Steel Song, also synonomous with Harsh Voice, Metal Noise, or Battle Cry
Alias: N/A
Race: Beastman

The beastman race are known more commonly as the Ferus, fyi ^_^

View attachment 296646

It would be good for a 'human' pic as well.

Appearance

Height:
5'10"
Weight: 142lbs
Hair: White
Eyes: Black
Body Marks: Black, angular tattoos wind up his biceps, and conjoin around his back and chest

Biography

Birth Place: A dark cave high in the Argyle Range
Date of Birth: Nware 30, 971 C.Y.A.D.
Nationality: Wild Northerner
Personality: Henvo is usually a disgruntled, sour, and generally pessemistic individual. A true wolf at heart, he prefers solitude and silence to the hustle and bustle of modern society. Given that this is not always an option, he tries to avoid initiating conversation and will respond in grunts and other nonspecific noises that show indifference when necessary. However, he has a strict moral code, Honor Blood and Vengeance, and sticks to it without fail.
2 Positive Traits: Honorable, Resourceful
2 Negative Traits: Blunt, Abrasive
Weaknesses: Small 'helpless' creatures. Henvo doesn't like to show it, but he's got a soft spot for babies.

History: Born high in the snowy peaks of the Argyle Mountains, a beastwoman gave birth to a litter of four. Four white pups, an uncertain omen, one that could bode either fair or ill for each of the children. As custom in the tribe of nomadic beastmen who had taken shelter from the harsh winter winds, the children were named differently, but their names had similar meanings. The first was named Harsh Voice, for he was the strongest, the largest, and even from a young age his words carried weight beyond age. The second was named Metal Noise, for he was a thinker, a creator, and his blades were always humming with magic. The third was named Battle Cry, for he lusted for battle, his teeth always alight with the call of war. And the Fourth, the youngest, was named Steel Song, for while others used weapons as tools, he played them as the instruments of valor that they were, singing of the three things the pack honored the most: Honor, Blood, and Vengeance.

Their fate caught up with them in the order they were born. Harsh voice grew strong, strong and bold. It was not long before he had replaced his father, like his forefather before him, as leader of the pack. His reign brought prosperity and fortune to the small group, and none went hungry. Metal noise, whos skin was pierced with baubles and the like, died a hero. A group of men tracked the pack through the mountains for sport, and Metal Noise sprang a magical trap that took their lives as well as his. Battle Cry fell with even further glory to his name, Fending off rival beastmen, protecting the packs lands, and only succumbing to his countless fatal wounds at the end of all fighting.

Lastly, there came the fourth. Steel Song. While he fought bravely in all previous conflicts, Harsh Voice became untrusting. Distant. It appeared that the fate that seemed to lie in favor of the four brothers was a cruel twist of time. A trick played by the spirits of all life. Harsh Voice spent more and more time by himself, making more and more rash descisions that would run the pack into the ground. The rest of the pack had not the nerve to speak to him themselves, so Steel Song's duty as his brother was to hold counsel. As Steel Song confronted his brother, Harsh Voice sprang upon him with a killing intent, dishonor had finally taken its toll. After the bloody fight, Steel Song stood shakily, but victorious, his brothers blood on his claws and maw.

Steel Song was no fool. He understood his fate would soon find him as his brothers already had. Instead of taking his rightful place at the head of a shattered, starving pack, he did what he was best at as the fastest scout of the pack. He ran. He brought upon himself tremendous dishonor in this act. He ran. Metal Sound had taught him a thing or two about glamor spells, and Steel Song disguised himself as a human. He ran. He ran far to the south, farther than any of his kind could follow him, farther than any of his pack even dreamed existed. Steel Song adopted the language of the strange beings called men, He dressed as them, but wore as little as possible without drawing attention to himself, their garments felt bad against his fur. But there was a silver lining to all snowclouds, and the one in this case was called the Norhad Swords. Having never dropped the practice of being a warrior, Steel Song joined this group without hesitation. Yet he kept his name, as he always had. In the language of man, he was Steel Song. But in the language of Beastman, he was Henvo Stál. So Henvo Stál he was.

And yet still, he runs. For he knows that his fate will find him as well. At least he has a head start.

I thought I would mention that he needs to be in human disguise nearly all the time, reprisal is swift and deadly otherwise. Humans who are mostly ignorant of the other races would view him as an abomination and would seek out his destruction actively, and also in concordance with the Pact of Segregation, his fellow clansmen would also seek the demise of his deviant ways. Plus it would be a great character development aspect to have this revealed later anyway.

Life Skills: Henvo is skilled in hunting, trapping, and tracking, but specializes in humanoids.

Material Possessions

Clothing and Attire: Leather armor, a rabbitskin undergarment, a small leather satchel worn on belt around waist
Personal Items: A metal piece of jewlry from his brother Metal Noise that he wears from his left ear, a large skinning knife that belonged to Battle Cry worn in a sheath on his belt, and a neclace made from the teeth of his brother Harsh Voice worn around his neck. Henvo keeps these items close to him at all times, and would rather part with his life before these.
Weapons: Henvo carries a scimitar with a wide blade, a handaxe, and a belt of throwing knives. The scimitar and handaxe he wears on opposite sides of his belt, the handaxe in the left usually, and the knives are organized with the lightest on the top and the heaviest on the bottom.

Combat Section

Guardian Clan of the Land:
Description:
Races of the Land have a natural balance of attack and defense. Their camaraderie and ties of family bonds are a strength that lend to their combat style. Working in groups with support and healing techs is testimony to that. Warriors of these races are meant to persist in battle.
Elements Affinity: Wood, Earth, Light
Types of Artes: ATK / DEF / PNM / SPT / HEAL
Base Stats: HP: 7 / SE: 20 / CCA: 5 /

Special Ability: Wildborn Resilience: Harsh weather and difficult earth are no deterrent to Henvo. If anything, the Beastman feels more at home in the blinding rain and renting snow than anywhere else. He can usually track anything over any terrain that doesn't mask its trail with magical means, and has no problem finding food as long as he is given an hour or two. Henvo can survive well enough on his own, but his instincts tell him he is stronger with others like him, a pack.

Runes Artes:

Overview:
Arte level : Level of your arte
Name of Arte: The name so that you can mark in down in the IC when used. Can also be what you yell in battle.
Type: Choose one of the types that are made available by your Clan
Description: Please describe what it may be like in IC, as well as what happens OoC
Elemental: Choose from the ten elements
Price: The amount of Token points needed to unlock this arte and use it in battle.
Cost: The amount of SE ( spirit energy ) that is required in IC to use in battle.
CCA: The amount of CCA ( Combat Character Actions ) that is required in IC to use in Battle
* Please do not change any of the numerical values on the sheet as they are fixed for all players.

Arte level 1
Name of Arte: Wind of Steel
Description: Henvo throws three knives in quick sucession, striking the same target or a different one with each throw. OOC; Henvo makes three normal attacks in one turn with his knives.
Price: 5 Token points
Cost: 6 SE
CCA: 3

Artes are the supernatural powers in the RP. Most normal attacks fall under the physical aspect of combat, so you will be able to perform this action without it taking up space on your artes lists. As supernatural powers, they do much more damage than basic attacks. One thing you could do is make the flavor text 'supernatural' sounding. e.g.: Henvo takes a knife and as he throws it, it multiplies by three. Artes have that elemental affinity to add to your flavor text.

Arte level 2
Name of Arte: Song of Brotherhood
Type: SPT
Description: Henvo lets out a cry as somber as the earth itself, and those around him gain strength of spirit. OOC; Allies do increased damage (or can reroll attack rolls? Idk, you pick GM, whichever seems less OP). Three turn duration.
Price: 10 Token points
Cost: 12 SE
CCA: 6

so for SPT, we need to quantify a few things such as WHAT to increase, by HOW MUCH to increase it and determine its DURATION. I would suggest ATK dice or DEF dice increase by +2 for a duration of 2 turns/posts.

Arte level 3
Name of Arte: Regeneration
Type: HEAL
Description: Henvo's wounds heal remarkably fast, and recovers lost blood after feeding on a fresh kill. OOC; After taking a bite out of a downed enemy, Henvo recieves temporary hitpoints equal to half that enemies hitpoint maximum. Three turn duration.
Price: 15 Token points
Cost: 18 SE
CCA: 9

Most HEAL artes target self and others, whereas this would be sort of more EHM than heal. HP cannot increase over the limit of what your current limit is. You may need to rewrite this one.

Arte level 4
Name of Arte: Hunters Mark
Type: PNM
Description: Henvo claims an enemy as his own, and is compelled to fight them and them alone. OOC; Henvo chooses an enemy, deals aditional damage to that enemy and cannot attack any other enemy until the one effected by hunters mark is dead. Three turn duration
Price: 20 Token points
Cost: 24 SE
CCA: 12

When you say additional damage, we need to go through the quantify business again. If this should affect ATK dice, then we can say something like double the damage for each dice for 4 turns.

Arte level 5
Name of Arte: Cleave
Description: Henvo flies into a bloodrage of the most primal and animalistic sort, potentially cutting through enemies and damaging ones beyond them. OOC; While Henvo dual wields two weapons, as long as those weapons are longer than two feet in length, he makes two horizontal attacks per turn and each attack can hit one adjacent enemy. Three turn duration.
Price: 25 Token points
Cost: 30 SE

Here's a more detailed explanation of how to make an ATK arte and what it entails. Perhaps it will help you direct this last arte more efficiently ^_^ .

Attack ( ATK ) : Attack type Artes target NPC's or other players for attacking.
Damage: Damage calculation for a direct HIT is 3X the Arte lvl. e.g. : Arte lvl 3 = -9 HP
Effect: Most ATK artes have no secondary effects. Some may be allowed.
Duration: Does not go beyond initial post.

How to Stop:
ATK artes: A clash of equal level ATK artes will cause each user -1HP automatically. The effect cannot be negated by other artes.
DEF artes: A DEF arte an appropriate lvl will help completely block the ATK arte.
DICE : DEFSE and EVASE used properly

Shin Positron Laser Shin Positron Laser
About the disguise, I said his brother Metal Noise taught him a glamor spell so he always looks like a human. But like, if he bit or clawed someone, they could tell he wasn't a human. Same as if they pat him on the back or something, leather armor only feels like fur so much XD

I'll get to the otherstuff with the arte's right away

Last edited:
I understand what's what now, I think, how's it look?
Your lvl 3 needs to be rewritten. It needs to be able to heal others for ut to be a healing arte. It also should have a set amount for healing and not depend on the variable of an enemies HP. Like I said otherwise it would fall under EHM artres.

Your lvl 4 should have the detail that the arte affects dice rolls for ATK.

Hmm. Can i have like, some inspiration for healing, cuz i'm outta ideas. Maybe just like an adrenaline rush, or some godless healing? Because i've looked at some other charachters, they don't have alot of healing moves i can modle off of

Last edited:
Hmm. Can i have like, some inspiration for healing, cuz i'm outta ideas. Maybe just like an adrenaline rush, or some godless healing? Because i've looked at some other charachters, they don't have alot of healing moves i can modle off of

Healing involves HP and removing effects such as debuffs or sealing.

We can go for diverse healing effect.
So if he targets others for healing instant 3hp is restored.

If he targets self he can use it as a regeneration by slowly but more effectively healing. Such as healing 1hp every post for 5 posts.

You can come up with the flavor txt for these. Of course they are merely suggestions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back