• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Inactive Henvei Relkor vech Daltzen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doctor Calgori

Minister of Science, Shhh.....
Henvei Relkor vech Daltzen

- Master of Cards -

• Posting Color: Red (#f34040)

Name: Henvei Relkor vech Daltzen
    Race: Human (Frigid Folk)
    Sex: Male

Hair: ?/ ? Length
    Eyes: ?
    Height: ?
    Weight: ?

Languages: Common, Elven (basic), Dwarven (basic), Drakkaric (basic)

Alignment: ?

Last edited by a moderator:
It is a test of my own skills as a wordsmith. If I have created something genuine, then it will be readable regardless of length, by virtue of its inherently positive qualities. If I haven't done my job, nobody will read it. Simple quality control.

I also do like to make sure that everything I write is very, very clear. I've always seen these roleplays as cooperative stories, where it's not so much of a game or challenge, but a common creative endeavor. An author writing a book must fully understand every element of his story, so that he can properly weave the correct symbolism and such into his prose. Now, with one author, that's hard enough, but with two or more, things get complicated. So, for the sake of ensuring that nothing is butchered when our stories come together, I must specify everything crucial to the my own story. How else will symbolism be resolved? How else will we prevent our motivations from sparking into a great fiery rage of player conflict?

So, that's my side of it. One day I'll run off and write a book and you won't have to put up with me anymore, but for now, it's going to be wordy.

I do not, but as the Storyteller I have to. Don't worry, once I make some cuts and he does some adjustments, this will be fairly readable.

An interesting read, though. It's almost unto a short novel :eek:

p.s. Just saw Doctor's reply. I can't even begin to express how much I agree with him. He is a true example of the kind of player dedication I was aiming for. It's about the story, not the mechanics. We're writing a book!

You make me so proud *snivel*

i realize that this would be a very, very simplistic way to generalize this character, but something akin to Dissociative Identity Disorder?

I did take some inspiration from DID, and there are quite a few similarities, so it would be a good general description. There are a few key differences, though: DID is more of two or more distinct personalities that are separated, whereas in Henveik's case, the personalities can pass information between each other, and they're all run by a core identity that never changes. It's good to reference, though, in case this all gets confusing.

yeah i did note the bigger differences, just wanted to be sure that i was understand the kinda base idea right. it's definitely an interesting character sir, can't wait to see how you play it out :P

See, could care less about how he plays it; just want it finished so we can start. Pro-tip, if it can't fit on one screen's length than a smaller fontsize is your friend. Looks less like a wall of text and more like a profile that way, also improves being able to see where one section ends seeing as you put in full breaks.

I am not too sure what to think of this. To be honest, there were parts of me that were somewhat offended. So, I'll keep being honest.

If my wordiness is honestly the only thing that defines me as a player, and it is that big of an issue for everybody, I'll just leave. Perhaps I am overreacting, perhaps I am not. But, you must understand that, to me, this post both makes perfect sense, and is necessary to communicate everything I've been thinking. I really don't feel very good when all I'm getting is, "You write too much, shut up so I can play my game."

I'm short on sleep; been up all night working on this. I haven't been feeling good for the past couple of days. But I think I am justified in at least a small way. So, will ask for at least some honesty in return.

Am I really only an obstacle?

I'll take the loss if I have to for the sake of keeping harmony for the majority. Honestly, if we really can't coexist, I will accept that. Clearly our priorities are different, and I'd like to make sure that we are at least both able to do what we want. But it seems like there will be disagreement.

Please understand my position on this. Thank you, and regards.

I like the backstory, it was very interesting. I think it is a wall of text, but it's one I was happy to read.

I agree, definitely a wall of text, but i dont see it as an obstacle in anyway. the game forums arent even up yet and it's not like youre holding us up. It was well written and it painted an exceptionally clear picture of the character you're building. like Ren said it shows a lot in regards to your character development and dedication to creating a character that you will be able to play like an extension of yourself. the most indepth character i ever wrote was an Unseelie Sidhe for a friend's RP board, and i ended up writing almost 20 pages of back history, not cause she needed it (hell she didnt even use most of it). I wrote it because i felt a connection with the character that i had put to paper so to speak. It made it easier for me to play the character in truth to what he was. I actually ended up basing this character loosely on the same one.

long story short Doc, i honestly want to see your character in this story, and i think Ren does too, so stick around :P

Like I said, I could care less. Just finish it so we can get a move on. It's a colossal wall of text that I, for one, am not going to bother reading. Really, the only part of other player's sheets I pay attention to is the Appearance. I have no want or need to read your life history, that is purely for the Mod and for yourself. Well, and the weirdos who don't have something better to do than read something they can never take advantage of IC.

I think this is a case of mismatched priorities. We both value different aspects of the roleplaying experience, and I respect that. Everybody likes what they like, and I think it's fine that you do what you do.

All the same, I don't think there is any reason to be calling names. There is nothing weird about reading the wonderful work that players put into their characters.

My good Doctor, I urge you to pay no heed to what Xenthriss said, when VonRidel, Contrition and myself shared quite a different opinion on the matter.

Xenthriss, while I could totally understand you not wanting to read all that text, your statement about not caring for other characters save for appearance does make me worried. I'm afraid no good can come out of that kind of attitude, at least in my RPs, and at least in Amaranth which was intended as something that it seems Doctor Calgori understood the best of all. I wouldn't be bragging with what you are, but if that's the way you prefer it, it's your personal choice.

I do hope that you ARE interested in other character's histories that will be learned of ingame, otherwise why would you apply for an RP that is entirely about the story rather than game mechanics? If you don't care about PCs then you don't care about NPCs either. They are all living, relevant entities, and if you're planning on bludgeoning through this game with no regard for the things described above, (because it appears you've made a character to help this method along) I can tell you right now it is unlikely to end well.

If you don't feel like you can play this right, then you might as well not play at all rather than play in a manner that is not entirely adequate. Just saying. If I've over reacted this time again, it is only because you gave me something to jump at.

If you explain something IC, and my character can hear it, then I'll care. I don't use OOC knowledge for IC profit. The "weirdos" comment, as one can guess from the fact that the well-educated old man used such a term, was a light-hearted jab at people who read things that really don't require reading on their behalf. RPing is a primary objective, blood is a side mission and is also plan B if talking it out doesn't work.

Xenthriss said:
Humour is lost on the humourless.
I'm afraid that is often so, often still for reasons of its own.

Then I suggest we cease with useless spamming of Doctor's character sheet which I have not yet reviewed due to some difficulties but will definitely do this ASAP.

This character is finally approved. Good job, Doctor, and good luck playing him ;)

You still need a picture, but I won't hold you back over this. Just add it when you find one.

This player has permanently left the game and the character is marked as Inactive, considered Missing In Action ingame.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back