Advice/Help Help with a medieval fantasy

NeonFlow

The one who made Aerth
Supporter
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
Heyo any who read this.

I have two main ideas I keep trying to make happen.
(you've probably seen a check of mine at some point)

But I'm beginning to think I may need help getting these worlds to last longer than three to five pages of posts before everyone turns into a ghost. I guess this post is asking anyone if they would like to help me make a group roleplay that lasts.

I'd be happy to explain the general arcs I had in mind,
the rules for magic,
playable races,
creatures and enemies as well as general lore.

The problem may be as simple as me not being a good enough gm or real life being more important than fiction/hobbies leaving people unable to post or just not in the mood, I understand that. But I guess I'm annoyed/worried that I cannot get a rp to last when in my biased opinion I think the narrative is decent or beyond that.

So as a last resort I'm asking others because I want to finish a rp dammit aha

In any case if you have time and your bored or what I've said peaks interest somewhat let me know and I'll answer questions/hear criticism

What's going on in the RP around the time people are dropping out?

What does the ooc activity look like? Do people talk to each other and get along, or is it really quiet? How fast paced is it, do people post a lot in the beginning or is it pretty slow?

Maybe part the issue is that it seems you have a lot of interest checks up and running simultaneously?

Like, that might deter more, for a lack of a better word, serious roleplays from joining.

What's going on in the RP around the time people are dropping out?
The most recent one was the Runeborn rp. I believe people slowed down there because of real life issues and the fact some characters didn't win a tutorial fight I mentioned would be next to impossible to win because tutorial.

What does the ooc activity look like? Do people talk to each other and get along, or is it really quiet? How fast paced is it, do people post a lot in the beginning or is it pretty slow?
I imagine the players get along better with each other than I do with them. I don't go out of my way to talk OOC unless I'm asking about the rp.
Most rp's of mine are supposed to be fast paced, I ask for two posts once or twice a week and have a post order where you allow two or three others to post before you would again. It depends but it can go fast or slow but usually ends quickly after

Maybe part the issue is that it seems you have a lot of interest checks up and running simultaneously?

Like, that might deter more, for a lack of a better word, serious roleplays from joining.
I'm not saying your wrong but I only post checks because I do not have a rp running. Many of my checks are the same plots worded a bit different trying to find a suitable number of players.
I would look elsewhere for me to play instead of run a rp but I'm stuck on medieval fantasy Aerth and making that last before I join magic highschool fantasy for supers number 679

I'm not saying your wrong but I only post checks because I do not have a rp running.
Yeah, but when you post a new interest check with only a couple days between the last one people might assume that you're planning on running multiple roleplays at the same time.

I 100% agree with this. The rate that you put up interest checks makes it appear that your not particularly committed to any of them. However that doesn't necessarily explain why they die after starting off. Active OOC with you leading OOC discussions could really help but who knows.

people might assume that you're planning on running multiple roleplays at the same time.
I mention on a lot of those checks that I plan on multiple Rp's. Isekai Aerth is supposed to be two or three rp's with five players each rp with the rp's crossing over at times cause they are set on the same planet.

If people aren't joining because I aim to write multiple stories
(Set in the same world or not)
then I'm not to fussed on getting such players aha

I 100% agree with this. The rate that you put up interest checks makes it appear that your not particularly committed to any of them. However that doesn't necessarily explain why they die after starting off. Active OOC with you leading OOC discussions could really help but who knows.

OOC seems to be the point people make. Which sucks for me cause I'm not The best at talking to strangers, I'm happy to answer questions and explain anything I'm able to but talking to players about anything other then games or hobbies is not something I joined RPN for lol

Thank you everyone who posted a answer, I dont think the issue is resolved but i have a notion on what I can try and do better once a rp starts

Users who are viewing this thread

Back