• When posting, please be aware that artistic nudity is still nudity and not allowed under RpNation rules. Please edit your pictures accordingly!

Remember to credit artists when using work not your own.

Help help w bbcode accordions?

cadence

in a quiet garden
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
1589349104361.png
hello, all! so i'm currently working on a code but i cannot get the top accordion to position where i want it to at all. i have it functioning as planned but the fact that it's a couple pixels to the right of where i want it is driving me BONKERS. any idea on how to fix this?? here's my code if that helps any
Code:
[centerblock=47][border=0px solid white][accordion=100%|bcenter]{slide=[bg=black;height:20px;overflow:hidden;]Character Name[/bg]}information here{/slide}[/accordion][bg=height:250px;width:200px;float:left;background:url('https://i.pinimg.com/564x/0a/a5/6e/0aa56e11b2cc3473d1dd8bf587575ff1.jpg');height:250px;background-size:cover;][/bg][bg=#373520;float:left;width:385px;height:250px;overflow:hidden;][bg=#373520;width:400px;height:250px;overflow:auto;line-height:10px;border-right:10px solid #373520;][justify][color=#A6A392][size=3][font=Raleway]lorem ipsum is all in here

[/justify][/color][/size][/bg][/bg]

edit: i flipped the image to float right instead of left and it looks a whole lot better! not the original plan but at least it's symmetrical now. still, for future reference, it would be nice to know what went wrong !! so if you happen to know, pls help out ya girl.

1589349743426.png

I am by no means an expert, but perhaps it had something to do with the % value in the accordion tag? Perhaps at 100% it didn't want to do what you wanted it to?

Although I see Alteras Alteras reading this so perhaps I should step back and let someone else be more helpful than I

I am by no means an expert, but perhaps it had something to do with the % value in the accordion tag? Perhaps at 100% it didn't want to do what you wanted it to?

Although I see Alteras Alteras reading this so perhaps I should step back and let someone else be more helpful than I
i changed it a few times to see if that was the issue and it didn't seem to work!! idk though. i might have made an error in the process but what i tried sure didn't fix it.

the border tag has its own padding in it. The float ignores it.
ohh, i see, thank you. do you know of any ways to work around that or--? i immediately thought of putting an invisible border around the main block of text so i'll have to try that out, lol.

When you put in [border=], add in this: [border=transparent; padding: unset;]

ahh, sorry to keep bugging you but i'm still having issues. i added a bit to my code so i might've done something to mess it up? or i'm just misunderstanding, who knows.
here's my code again,,
Code:
[centerblock=50][border=transparent; padding: unset;][accordion=100%|bcenter]{slide=[bg=#2D3014;height:35px;overflow:hidden;][center][size=8][color=#A6A392][font=Raleway]Character Name Here[/font][/color][/size][/center][/bg]}[bg=#6A6E4B;height:100px;]hm[/bg]{/slide}[/accordion][bg=height:250px;width:200px;float:left;;background:url('https://i.pinimg.com/564x/0a/a5/6e/0aa56e11b2cc3473d1dd8bf587575ff1.jpg');height:250px;background-size:125%;][/bg][bg=#373520;float:left;width:385px;height:250px;overflow:hidden;][bg=#373520;width:400px;height:250px;overflow:auto;line-height:10px;border-right:10px solid #373520;][justify][color=#A6A392][size=3][font=Raleway]Lorem ipsum content in here 

[/justify][/color][/size][/bg][/bg]

1589351354975.png
another photo for reference. i did add a bit of length when messing around so i'm not so worried about the bit hanging off the right. just the left not lining up still

never mind!! i have figured it out. apparently i had a "/" where it shouldn't've been.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back