Anime & Manga Help please!

What genres do you usually favor? Do you prefer older shows, newer shows, or are you cool with series of any age? What streaming services do you have access to? I might be able to throw some recommendations out but there's just so much anime out there I don't really know where to start without an idea of your tastes.

They're more psychological than outright horror, but Paranoia Agent and Serial Experiments Lain jumped to mind. I feel like horror's a bit of an underrepresented genre in anime, or maybe it's one I lack better knowledge of. There's also Shiki and Shin sekai yori. I was going to say "but those are more recent shows" then I realized Shiki's 8 years old and Shin sekai yori is 6 years old. ?

It's neither cute nor horror but if you're into fantasy shows and want a concentrated dose of 90s, definitely check out the Vision of Escaflowne. I also recommend Shirobako to just about anyone who's ever been curious about how anime is made. It's a cute and heartwarming story so it might fit?

One of my favorite magical girl series is Heartcatch Precure. If you like that there's a ton of other Precure shows too but I don't know the other ones that well. Natsume Yuujincho/Natsume's Book of Friends is a comfy series about a boy who can see yokai. I've heard great things about Flip Flappers but it's still sitting on my to watch pile. It's also not a very old series but hey.

Another is a good anime, in my opinion. Another is a horror anime, be prepared for lots of death.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back