Story Help needed for Roleplay plot.

Responsible_spider

Sorry I was late! Got lost on the path of life.
Hey, just looking for someone to help me finish this Roleplay plot, or more like write it, it has Norse mythology roots, but it's loosely based in it. I want it to feel and be original but I want people to look at it and see the roots. I'm going in depth too, I'm writing lore, plot for the roleplay, creatures, roles, and much more. So if you're interested dm me! I'm pretty sure we could make something great!

Since the beginning of time, the Yggdrasil or tree of life has protected the realms upon its roots with it's "branches". The Yggdrasil waters the valleys of the realms with the dew that runs down the leaves, the wood from the roots build the foundation on which the realms have formed. There are nine realms. All overlapping and connected by invisible strings. This tree doesn't exist physically but metaphysically, it exist in its own plane of existence.

Basically the tree is dying, being drained by a unknown entity, so the tree has to call upon warriors from all walks of life to protect it. Each protector has a spirit animal that goes along with them. They are mostly mythical beast but they can be pretty much anything.

Mkay so a couple questions:
Is this a modern or pure fantasy setting?
Will there be a connection to the norse gods?
What exactly is the evil draining the tree?

Pure fantasy, the Vanir and Aesir have been dead for a long time. The only surviving God is Baldur but he dies pretty quickly, and I haven't came up with the name of the eninty draining the tree, all I have is that it is the personification of Ragnarok.

Attachments

• 741d2d4d6feb8f5d1754098356bc0c12.jpg
    741d2d4d6feb8f5d1754098356bc0c12.jpg
    276.9 KB · Views: 3
That's pretty cool.
When you say pure fantasy, do you mean high fantasy, human fantasy, or Norse fantasy?

I want a High Fantasy with tidbits of norse mythology sprinkled in there. Not every thing has to deal with Norse mythology. This has been thousands of years after the writing of the Poetic Edda

Yeah. For this kind of setting I'd say it's best to start writing out the lore: the land, the gods, the mythology and the history, the races, the technology level, the beasts...
Once that's laid out, working on the interest check is much easier ^^

Don't particularly have a preference, though I think it's the sort of thing more typically done through PM.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back