Other HELP!! MY BETTA IS DYING!!! ANYONE?!?!

Nokumi

Honor. That's what I'm after. Fame. That's my goal
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
My Interest Check
Please someone help...I bought a betta fish and when I first bought him he was eating crumb fish food. But I can't find it anywhere. I looked on amizon at Walmart and pet smart. So I bought him new food and saved what little crumbs I have left for emergency... Well I was right to do so because he's refusing to eat the pebbles! I tried all sorts of fish food! Ones that look like worms! Pebbles! Live food! HES NOT EATING ANYTHING! He puts it in his mouth but spits it back out and swims away. And I sit there for half an hour and doesn't touch it! So I leave and come back and the food is still floating at the top of his tank! And when ever I clean his tank the filter is covered in food! So when I noticed he started not swimming around I been giving him a little bit of the crumbs. But I'm almost out! And I been rationing it to keep him alive... WHAT DO I DO?! ;-;

Eat it.

...I'm not gonna eat my fish minty- besides he might get me sick if I did. But I love him so I won't-

I named after my favorite AU sans in the undertale fandom- mafia fell- here I'll show a picture from when I first got himIMG_20210922_201034.jpg
Bad quality I know-

Betta fish die really quickly... They're not really made to last that long... Especially in captivity... I've had many in my life, and none lasted that long so it's not really the type of fish to get attached to...

Too late for that ;-; I'm in love with him... I DONT WANNA LOSE HIM I ONLY HAD HIM FOR 5 MAYBE 6 MONTHS!!!

I need him to eat! Should I get him a bigger tank which- its already a 5 gallon tank. But yknow... Or is there some sort of fish food anyone recommends?

Go to a vet then.

Do you really think my dad will drive me to the vet for a fish? My dad could care less about mafia fell- I left him with dad for 2 months out of the whole time I had him. Sure my dad fed him but dad didn't clean his tank- when I got back my fish had bacteria and fungi growing in his tank! So I had to quickly take him out clean his tank THOROUGHLY! Buy some stuff to drip into the water and all this other stuff cuz his eye got infected

I didn't need all that TvT

But maybe. You clearly care for it.
My mom would be the same way but for any animal.
Her logic is "she's not gonna cry over a dog cause it's just a dog an you can get another one" which pisses me off

But honestly...no offense...but maybe you should, prepare for.

Making a grave in like ..a backyard?

If it ends up being fine then cool but you should prepare yourself just in case

T^T

No one knows what to do? THERES LIKE 1'000 PEOPLE ON RPNATION!! someone must know??....

I don't know much about beta fish in particular, but this information may be pertinent. Has his behavior changed at all? Has he tended to stick around just the top or bottom of his tank? Is he bloated? Do his scales stick out at all? Does he have white, gray, or yellow spots that weren't there before? All of these are signs of illnesses that may not be related to his diet. Of course, his not eating may very well be, like you said, from not having the food he's used to, but it's good to rule out other factors.
I don't know if you've already tried this, but maybe order the food online? It might not come fast enough, but it's worth a try.
Another idea would be to crush larger food bits, like flakes or pellets, into crumbles and see if he'll eat it.

I hope this info helps.

I don't know much about beta fish in particular, but this information may be pertinent. Has his behavior changed at all? Has he tended to stick around just the top or bottom of his tank? Is he bloated? Do his scales stick out at all? Does he have white, gray, or yellow spots that weren't there before? All of these are signs of illnesses that may not be related to his diet. Of course, his not eating may very well be, like you said, from not having the food he's used to, but it's good to rule out other factors.
I don't know if you've already tried this, but maybe order the food online? It might not come fast enough, but it's worth a try.
Another idea would be to crush larger food bits, like flakes or pellets, into crumbles and see if he'll eat it.

I hope this info helps.
-... MY FISH IS SICK?!?! oh shit... Sorry parden my language. He has the habit of staying in one area of the tank for a whole week. Then he changes. I assumed it was his sleeping spot... I'll check the other things in the morning. Thank you for the advice.

-... MY FISH IS SICK?!?! oh shit... Sorry parden my language. He has the habit of staying in one area of the tank for a whole week. Then he changes. I assumed it was his sleeping spot... I'll check the other things in the morning. Thank you for the advice.
You're welcome. I hope he gets better.

Why did I read that with an accent ..

I didn't want to comment on the "it's just an animal" mentality, but yeah.... That's messed up. Even if animals weren't capable of thought or feeling, which they very much are, it's wrong to dismiss somebody's feelings just because you can't relate to them.

Exactly. It's just..messed up. I often try to correct her on certain things since whenever we get a new animal I tend to start researching.

Like I got new bird, (there's two) they have an okay sized cage but they can't even fly yet, (they can a little bit) but it was suggested that we let them out to walk around and get exercise once there comfortable.

My mom simply said she didn't care ;-;.

Oh, wow. I just don't get how people can be so dismissive about literally anything that is alive, but especially animals (and their fellow humans, but that's another story). I mean, I guess it's to justify their apathy, but it alarms me nonetheless.

Even if one were to think of it with the mentality that animals aren't conscious.... Not caring properly for an animal that one is responsible for is also like not maintaining one's non-living belongings. Anyone who wouldn't willingly drive on bald tires or live in a dilapidated house has no excuse to not care properly for animals that they assume responsibility for, whether on whole or in part.

I honestly dunno m mom's thought process. She can be extra caring for an animals needa but then dismissive other ones as simple as taking an animal out for exercise.

I have a turtle. (one died) a snake. Two birds. A cat and a dog.

..my dog probably has been outside 4 times in the last 2-3 years. ;-;..

I honestly dunno m mom's thought process. She can be extra caring for an animals needa but then dismissive other ones as simple as taking an animal out for exercise.

I have a turtle. (one died) a snake. Two birds. A cat and a dog.

..my dog probably has been outside 4 times in the last 2-3 years. ;-;..
Perhaps she thinks that because it's not what she considers to be a "basic" need it's not important? This is why I don't quite believe in a hierarchy of needs, whether for animals or humans. Just because you don't technically need something to sustain life doesn't mean it won't help.

Sorry if I'm rambling, btw.

Nah it's fine I like talking to ya lmao.
But yeh my mom can be .. very.
Bipolar??

Ig

Uh you seem fun, do you, wanna talk normally? Like, friend wise lol?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back