• When posting, please be aware that artistic nudity is still nudity and not allowed under RpNation rules. Please edit your pictures accordingly!

Remember to credit artists when using work not your own.

Help help me I’m dumb - indents

icrnwitch

Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
okay so I’m extremely new and I’ve never had to use codes like this before. basically, when I write anywhere else I’ll always use the tab key to make a little indent at the beginning of my paragraphs, dialogue, etc, and that doesn’t work on here. am I missing something? my writing is just coming up as a wall of text and it’s really frustrating to read, and I don’t know how to fix it. is there an easy way or do I need to BBC code the start of every new paragraph?

what I want:
6f0d665b-9582-4d4d-8552-59d41e3ac115-jpeg.1038421

what I’m getting:
960D8DA7-7C8B-4B6A-9935-5515E41A1E97.jpeg

Attachments

• 6F0D665B-9582-4D4D-8552-59D41E3AC115.jpeg
    6F0D665B-9582-4D4D-8552-59D41E3AC115.jpeg
    544 KB · Views: 99
is that all I have to do? 💀 wow. the thread name is very accurate

In fairness getting to the button is more complicated than it should be.

Here is the code directly if that’s easier.

Code:
[INDENT]blah blah words here.[/INDENT]

thank you! I think I figured the issue out though - for some reason it won’t let me add the indents to something I’ve pasted into the box. so rip my writing sample, she’s gonna have to be ugly ig

You can use columns and justified text to make things look neat.

Example

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. Ut enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exercitation ullamco laboris nisi ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat. Duis aute irure dolor in reprehenderit in voluptate velit esse cillum dolore eu fugiat nulla pariatur. Excepteur sint occaecat cupidatat non proident, sunt in culpa qui officia deserunt mollit anim id est laborum.

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. Ut enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exercitation ullamco laboris nisi ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat. Duis aute irure dolor in reprehenderit in voluptate velit esse cillum dolore eu fugiat nulla pariatur. Excepteur sint occaecat cupidatat non proident, sunt in culpa qui officia deserunt mollit anim id est laborum.

You can also just link Google docs. It’s what I do for mine. I have a Google doc that is a log of a former roleplay that I link ad my writing sample (like so : Sample )

oh okay I’ll try the columns thing! but it wouldn’t let me link it - it kept popping if with something about spam

It might be a new user thing. I think it was something about you haven’t posted enough or haven’t been a user long enough. That would be more of a Staff question though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back