Hello to all!

A role-playing site with an active user-base that seems very accessible to newcomers? My, my, oh my. Where do i sign up? (Don't answer that. I've already signed up.)

Anyways, i'm fairly sure it's good practice to introduce yourself on a site like this so without further ado, My name's Adam, I've been alive for 17 years and i'm from the land of Australia. Awful fond of creative writing too, and what is role-play if not a get-together to celebrate creative writing, eh? It's for this reason that i believe/hope i can fit in comfortably here, that is if anyone is interested in including my peculiar, dogmatic or downright antagonistic characters in their stories. (Now that's not to say i like playing evil for the sake of just being a bastard, no. I rather prefer to have my character's often dis-agreeable nature born of something like a hatred of magics that he deems unjust. That's sure to cause some tension!)

Just a couple of other bits and pieces: I fancy myself a bit of a history buff, I don't mind a video game here and there, I love the writings of H.P. Lovecraft (and who doesn't like the idea of rural america coming into contact with cosmic horror?) and i go for morning runs at 5:30 AM if only because freezing my arse off takes the mind off the leg pain.

That aside, while i can whip up a character to play i am not so sure how to put them into practice. I am still sort of new to this business after all. Anyhow, I ought bring an end to this little introduction by saying again and saying/typing for all to hear/read, Hello to all!

welcome to rpnation, adam! we're glad to have you join c':
if you have any questions, or need any help - don't be afraid to ask.
but i hope you have a lot of fun, and roleplay to your hearts extent

Ahah, would you look at that? Feeling pretty welcomed already. Now before i go hurling silly questions around i'll take a quick gander at the tutorials that are set up here. Helpful things in there, i'm sure.

Welcome fren, from the local otter enthusiast!
Hopefully you find everything you're looking for! I myself can usually be found lurking around the fantasy forums, general chat areas, and (of course) the discord chat :3 feel free to come say hi any time ^33^

I see we already share the same interest—H.P Lovecraft's works. I haven't gotten a chance to read all of HP Lovecraft's work as of yet, but I'm getting to that soon.

In any case, I completely agree with you. The website's interface is fairly straightforward and user-friendly. I loved it as a newcomer back then. Navigation was so damn easy instead of the more complicated ones a few other websites have.

Anyway, welcome to RpN :DD Enjoy your stay!

I see we already share the same interest—H.P Lovecraft's works. I haven't gotten a chance to read all of HP Lovecraft's work as of yet, but I'm getting to that soon.

In any case, I completely agree with you. The website's interface is fairly straightforward and user-friendly. I loved it as a newcomer back then. Navigation was so damn easy instead of the more complicated ones a few other websites have.

Anyway, welcome to RpN :DD Enjoy your stay!

Had a feeling this place would be good. Also while it's not really the authentic way, i sometimes like to just let audio-books of Lovecraft's work as well as other books play as i do other things (Bonus points if the narrator has a sexy voice). Shame that cluttered modern schedules leave so little time for a good read.

Welcome to RPN!! I am the Mechanist! The hero of the commonwealth and of RPN!! There are Tons of RP's to join, and even more people to RP with, myself included ^D^ We've got all kinds ranging from modern to medieval to futuristic. I myself am prone to fantasy, medieval or futuristic rp's, and I am a sucker for romance and a good love story. Trust me when I say we almost have it all!! Feel free to help yourself to the cookies and punch at the table.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back