• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Multiple Settings Hello Strangers, I'm a Cat in a Boot

Ranix Aurus

Languishing in Progress
Roleplay Type(s)
Greetings, I'm Ranix.

Since this is the recruitment check group, this thread's goal is to find potential partner(s) to scratch my roleplay itch.

First, about me:
  • I roleplay in third-person paragraph style.
  • My post length varies depending on situation and how much my partner gave me to work with. The dreaded one-liner shall not pass.
  • My posting frequency is quite high, you can find me active here most of the time, just stop by and say hi when you're bored with life.
  • I have no triggers, and I'm okay with mostly anything as long as the flow of causality made sense for it to occur.
  • I do RP in this site only, using thread or PM, whichever my partner(s) are more comfortable with.
  • I adhere to RPN standard rules and common roleplaying etiquette, and expect my partner(s) to do the same.
How I do things:
  • I made characters for the plot, not plot for characters. If you got a plot, I can quickly whip out a new one with deep enough backstory for a prequel trilogy. The advantage of this is that I won't have particular attachment to that character. The disadvantage of this is that I won't have particular attachment to that character. Expect characters to die when it's their time to die. (Only apply to my characters. I won't touch other people's character(s) without their consent).
  • I twist plots and genres. A lot. Please enter this relationship with malleable idea in mind. If you had envisioned a specific ending to reach, you might be in for an ugly surprise. Conversely, even if I had some idea in mind but I didn't tell you beforehand, feel free to break it, stomp it, and burn it to ashes. I would simply change course depending on how it went, even if I had to scrap my previous idea and made a new one. Basically, don't be afraid to go wild and surprise me. Because I would do the same.
  • I tend to play many characters at once, usually one as my main focus and the rest as side characters to populate the world. I won't require my partner(s) to do the same, but feel free to do so as well.
  • Any world building elements that hadn't been described would be free for your own interpretation. If your character(s) have some important backstory that would require some place of event to happen in the past, please describe it in the character sheet, in the roleplay, or at least foreshadow it with name or reference in passing so I could know that it existed before I wreck things up.
What I like:
  • Anything that's interesting. Really.
What I dislike:
  • Pure realistic setting. I tend to put my own world view for realistic setting, and when I do that, most drama turned into comedy. Unless you're okay with your tearjerker tragedy being turned into midnight sitcom, then we shouldn't do this setting.
  • "Weak" focus character. It's fine for side characters, but if it's the characters that we control as the focus of the plot, they should influence the world and made changes, not getting jerked around by whatever the world threw at them.
  • Playing canon characters in fandom. Did you read above that I twist and wreck plots? Unless you're okay with me changing stuff and destroying the canon of the fandom world, it's better to not pursue this path.

Alright, you had been yapping around for hours, what do you want?

You asked, as you crossed your arms in relative annoyance because I had wasted your time. Here's the thing. Usually I would list pairings and plot ideas that I would like people to do with me, but this time, I would do it differently. So, if you have a craving or plot idea that you want to try out, please PM me or reply on this thread so I can PM you back. We'll discuss it further from there. Please also tell me what would you expect to experience during the roleplay, a gut-wrenching horror show, an adrenaline-filled action adventure, a heart-pounding romance, anything. Managing expectation is key to a fruitful collaboration.

That's all.

Wait, that's all?

Yep, that's all, imaginary person that I somehow am having an imaginary text chat with. I'll see you around.

Wait, hold up-

*Slam the door on your face and make grunting kitty noises.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back