• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here
1677121496523.pngDorian "Silver Fox" Gray
Interactions: Uasal Uasal CasualTea CasualTea Merciless Medic Merciless Medic
Mentions: N/A
The ground beneath their feet rumbled and erupted, as if a sleeping volcano had just awakened from beneath them as duplicates continued appearing one after the other, spreading out and attempting to surround Mian from all sides. Swapping back and forth, in and out, Dorian tried everything he could leading up to his initial direct attack to confuse or catch Mian off-guard but no matter how he tried he could feel the cold stare of death upon him no matter where he appeared.

"You seem to be misunderstanding something 'Dorian Grey'".

Steadfast and unwavering despite the violent shaking, Mian's cold expression and void-like eyes were unfazed by the sudden blitz of clones. In fact, as the swarm grew closer and their attacks were upon her Mian's voice was just as unaffected. "It is you who shouldn't be here". As the man teleported for the first time, he would find Mian's eyes following his own directly. Blocking his cane with the tip of her scythe Mian knocked it aside so as not to trigger a reaction. Her current assumption was that the cane needed a solid medium through which to deal its damage.

Though knocking away the cane was but one of the numerous attacks she found herself facing. With the other clones drawing near. Mian's cold expression, for a very brief moment, seemed to display a diabolical grin. Though seeing as it all happened so quickly, Dorian might have even been left to think it a fragment of his own imagination. What followed though could only be described as nightmarish. Like a porcupine, spikes of hollowed bone shot out from beneath Mian's clothing. The hollow spikes impaling all those clones intending to strike the Lady of Death.

Like bullets the spines raced through the air, felling many of the unsuspecting clones and wounding any others that were foolish enough not to seek cover behind their fallen comrade's corpses. Still standing in the same spot from which the battle had begun, Mian's gaze continued to follow the read Dorian, her scythe masterfully parrying each attempt he had made on her with his cane.
Each attempt to connect the bottom of his cane with Mian was thwarted near effortlessly by Mian; with her assumption of how his artifact worked was correct. The impact of each block and parry echoing throughout the district, Dorian's composed attitude was also beginning to wane as well. As his clones approached in mass around Mian, they were all wiped out in mere moments by the barrage of hollow spikes shooting out from underneath her cloak. Leaving only the original Dorian alongside the few of his clones that managed to survive after the assault. Dorian finding himself back in the original position he had started in, which is when he had also noticed that Mian had not moved a single step from hers. The OG Dorian was unscathed, but notably rattled by the exchange.
"I am Death. There is no man, woman, god or demon that can defy me. No plant, no animal, no bird, fish or organism that escapes me. I am a fundamental law of this world. I am a gift, a blessing and a curse. I am of the Pandorica."

Raising her scythe into the air, a swarm of skeletal crows numbering in the hundreds began to swarm high in the sky above her "Whomsoever 'he' is. Will die. Of that, I can assure you. Now, let your delusions of escape go. No more games. Fight me with all you have. Death is upon you, die with honour!"
For the first time in decades Dorian felt his mind being riddled with fear, and his heart consumed by hopelessness. He was now certain something must have went wrong. He did not know what, or how it could happen, but he was long beyond the point of denying the truth. Dorian still had duplicates not just following Yona, but he also had a whole army of himself marching onto the border of Syndicate Territory. His instinct was to escape, but he was not yet so consumed by fear that he was no longer able to think. He knew there was no chance for escape, and he also knew that if he even attempted to do so now it would only end in further disrupting Lillam's plan. He looked up at the sky to the murder of skeletal crows hovering above them, then addressed Mian for a final time.

"You're right, of course...My time had come long, long ago...However." he tightened his grip around his cane and moved back into a battle-ready stance "I will not give up his ambition. He saw it - death undone!!!" Dorian cried out those last words as if he was trying to conjure his words into reality only to fade out into silence. "I am resolved to see this through. You shall get your wish, Pandorica." his eyes moved back to the sky, and he closed them for a second to reminisce back on his life and the events leading up to this moment.

'Forgive me, sweet Lillam.'

Once he opened his eyes, dots would begin filling the sky above them alongside a rumbling. It would sound as though it was going to rain, because it was: only it wasn't going to be water that was falling.

Slamming her scythe down on the ground the swarm of skeletal crows immediately began to fly off toward the runaway clones in pursuit of Yona and Raphael. As the duo would come around the next corner, they would come to find the swarm dive-bombing those cartel members attempting to mobilise. Their bones and beaks sharp, each like a bullet falling from the sky. Tearing into those members causing a symphony of pained and agonising screams. Once the clone would appear behind the car, all eyes were on them and by association, the car leading them. Hundreds of small ghastly red eyes, all immediately locked on the car and those behind it.
The district was turning into a bloody massacre, with cartel members and Dorian duplicates alike being slaughtered. But as the crows swarmed throughout the streets, Yona & Raphael would also have to deal with a form of hail unlike anything they'd seen before - it was raining down Dorian's!!! Bodies dropped from the sky with destructive force, and for the most part each of them would die and disappear on impact but the number of raining Dorians would seem endless.

The original Dorian would vanish up into his rainfall, swapping out with the bodies falling around Mian moments before impact and slamming the ground with cane in repetition: setting off an entire cascade of eruptions across the district. If it were allowed to continue, the district would be reduced to a field of craters and rubble.

Meanwhile, Dorian's would also continue to hail down onto Yona & Raphael in their car in an attempt to prevent their escape while still being fully intent on securing Yona's capture.

Raphael Sorel1677173867696.png
[Current Objective: Run]
[Location: Hell City, District 341 | En route to Hearth Corp. Factory]
[Mood: Panicking just slightly, smug]
[Interactions: Yona, Dorian]
[Mentions: Nacht, Lucifer]
CasualTea CasualTea Sinny The Fool Sinny The Fool Uasal Uasal

Raphael watched Yona grab a string of grenades from the glovebox and had an idea. He was tinkering with something earlier. He pulled out a metal pick and the spheroid in question. He twisted both halves in opposite directions, the sphere's middle cracking open and as it pulsated a soft orange. Reaching inside with the pick, Raphael began fiddling with its core mechanisms, biting his tongue softly as he very precisely knocked and pushed a few things in place.

"Be careful what you wish for." Raphael chuckled at her wish for having other powers. "Those are some pretty strong and probably hard to control powers." He squinted his eyes at the core of the sphere, the orange light still pulsating softly. Yona began talking about rather keeping a low profile and not appearing at all. Raphael shrugged. "Well, a bit difficult to do that when the company my family is in charge of is under his thumb." He said it rather nonchalantly due to how busy he was, but there was a seriousness to his tone. "To be frank, I'd rather not either... Didn't exactly ask for it, but what can you do? Hearth isn't exactly alive. We give it barely a pulse, but it pays really well. It at least keeps us from being targeted." He did chuckle at this name they gave themselves, nodding. "The Souls? Interesting." While he wasn't much of a linguist, he has picked up a few words here and there in varying different languages.

Raphael glanced outside, watching as the cartel members fought against the many Dorians and Raphael's gaze hardened. Yona's joke had him deadpanning and he stared at her, shaking his head disapprovingly, but still had an amused smirk. "Uh-huh. Well, I would hope so, that means I still would like to live." Her hopefulness that the cartel can handle the clones had Raphael shaking his head. "I can't trust that."

It was then that he heard a lot of odd flapping, like bone. He looked forward and saw the crows, his eyes widening. "Oh fuck." He looked over his shoulder behind them, noticing the many Dorians still after them. "Okay, evasive maneuvers. I think those crows are still after him. I would rather not attack those things, considering that's an extension of Death herself." The color drained from his face when he started seeing Dorians fall from the sky.

Groaning, he looked back at his device, made another adjustment, then slammed it shut. It began to shine a bright red.

Thumping of the bodies hitting the car before disappearing had Raphael smirking slightly. "Well, time to see what this thing does." He then twisted the sphere in opposite directions again, this time pulling it apart. One semi-sphere seemed to have just been the casing, while the other had a strange red core made of tiny metallic parts that seemed to move with the now static red light. "Thank the devil for Hearth tech being just as good as the tech we got now." Sliding down his window just a crack enough for his arm to slide out, he slammed the device on the roof of her car, making it stick. It pulsated red once before suddenly creating a giant shockwave, blasting everything above them.

It was like an umbrella of push-back. It would ensure none of Mian's crows were damaged, and it should prevent the Dorians from falling on them, the blast feeling like concrete to the falling bodies as it blasted upwards with great force and speed in a wide circle that encompassed the car and its immediate sides. The pulsating destruction had an interval of a second or two between each blast. Still it provided a decent amount of cover.

2f60a09def331de6ecd73babf12a73ef.jpg

Doby "Ratface" Clause (Featuring "Blue")
Interactions: The Regal Rper The Regal Rper Merciless Medic Merciless Medic Mitchs98 Mitchs98

"So you're a armed contractor." He said at last once Doby was done, and he had his fill of what was offered on the paper. "Well, if this 'Master' of yours believes they can offer me something of interest to me- then I suppose I'm willing to take a look at this task you've come all this way to deliver. You're free to join," he said with a nod. "I'm sure Blue appreciates the thought," he said a bit louder for 'blue' to hear it specifically.
"That I am mate, used to be a hired gun as well, but that was a long time ago now." he said with a toothy grin, adding to Juan's last comment directed toward Babueles with "Ay, it's the least I could do. I wasn't sure if I was ever gonna make it out of that damn house." he said and laughed nervously in a way that made it quite clear that he was unsettled by the experience "Sides', I've been wanting to meet the Master for a long while now."

Babueles only took a moment away from his smokes and booze to look back over toward the conversation going on between Juan & Doby, acknowledging Juan with no more than a groan before returning to his favorite side activity.

"However before we take this task you've brought here as a representative to the Hero's Guild, I have business I must settle with my friend here." He nodded to the female with the bunny ears. "If you don't mind tagging along for that and then we'll head off to this location that the Master of the Guild wants us to be at once she's settled. Would that be fine?"
His ears perked up and his nose twitched as he gave it a moment's thought and scanned over the bunny mutant. His first impressions was that of envy, 'What I wouldn't give to have rabbit genes instead...', he thought to himself before answering with a smile and thumbs up "Sounds good to me mate! Something tells me that he'll be expectin' ya' to be late anyway - he tends to know those sorts of things...Somehow.."

Babueles sat back up "So, you think I should be tagging along too then boss? Or you want me to hold down the fort here?" he asked more as a curtesy than a suggestion, knowing that Juan would know that he'd want nothing more than to waste time drinking and smoking away his worries.

Raphael SorelView attachment 1067655
[Current Objective: Run]
[Location: Hell City, District 341 | En route to Hearth Corp. Factory]
[Mood: Panicking just slightly, smug]
[Interactions: Yona, Dorian]
[Mentions: Nacht, Lucifer]
CasualTea CasualTea Sinny The Fool Sinny The Fool Uasal Uasal

Raphael watched Yona grab a string of grenades from the glovebox and had an idea. He was tinkering with something earlier. He pulled out a metal pick and the spheroid in question. He twisted both halves in opposite directions, the sphere's middle cracking open and as it pulsated a soft orange. Reaching inside with the pick, Raphael began fiddling with its core mechanisms, biting his tongue softly as he very precisely knocked and pushed a few things in place.

"Be careful what you wish for." Raphael chuckled at her wish for having other powers. "Those are some pretty strong and probably hard to control powers." He squinted his eyes at the core of the sphere, the orange light still pulsating softly. Yona began talking about rather keeping a low profile and not appearing at all. Raphael shrugged. "Well, a bit difficult to do that when the company my family is in charge of is under his thumb." He said it rather nonchalantly due to how busy he was, but there was a seriousness to his tone. "To be frank, I'd rather not either... Didn't exactly ask for it, but what can you do? Hearth isn't exactly alive. We give it barely a pulse, but it pays really well. It at least keeps us from being targeted." He did chuckle at this name they gave themselves, nodding. "The Souls? Interesting." While he wasn't much of a linguist, he has picked up a few words here and there in varying different languages.

Raphael glanced outside, watching as the cartel members fought against the many Dorians and Raphael's gaze hardened. Yona's joke had him deadpanning and he stared at her, shaking his head disapprovingly, but still had an amused smirk. "Uh-huh. Well, I would hope so, that means I still would like to live." Her hopefulness that the cartel can handle the clones had Raphael shaking his head. "I can't trust that."

It was then that he heard a lot of odd flapping, like bone. He looked forward and saw the crows, his eyes widening. "Oh fuck." He looked over his shoulder behind them, noticing the many Dorians still after them. "Okay, evasive maneuvers. I think those crows are still after him. I would rather not attack those things, considering that's an extension of Death herself." The color drained from his face when he started seeing Dorians fall from the sky.

Groaning, he looked back at his device, made another adjustment, then slammed it shut. It began to shine a bright red.

Thumping of the bodies hitting the car before disappearing had Raphael smirking slightly. "Well, time to see what this thing does." He then twisted the sphere in opposite directions again, this time pulling it apart. One semi-sphere seemed to have just been the casing, while the other had a strange red core made of tiny metallic parts that seemed to move with the now static red light. "Thank the devil for Hearth tech being just as good as the tech we got now." Sliding down his window just a crack enough for his arm to slide out, he slammed the device on the roof of her car, making it stick. It pulsated red once before suddenly creating a giant shockwave, blasting everything above them.

It was like an umbrella of push-back. It would ensure none of Mian's crows were damaged, and it should prevent the Dorians from falling on them, the blast feeling like concrete to the falling bodies as it blasted upwards with great force and speed in a wide circle that encompassed the car and its immediate sides. The pulsating destruction had an interval of a second or two between each blast. Still it provided a decent amount of cover.

As Yona drove, she was processing what was going on. So Mian, the girl that had saved them, isn't exactly their friend. It would seem like they were collateral damage seeing as how even when the crows pierced through a clone, they'd still try to go after the car. But since there were so many clones, they were being kept busy for awhile. Raphael is also an engineering genius as he reformed what looked like to be a grenade into a... pulse mine? However, it had a couple of second intervals between pulses so it wasn't too long before a clone would just hit the car occasionally and suddenly get pushed off.

Now, Yona wouldn't mind if it was just going to dent her car and she can still drive just fine as long as she kept straight, one of the Dorian clones brought a friend: one of the fucking crows that was chasing it. Not only did it follow the clone closely behind, it also pierced her windshield as collateral with its sheer speed and force it was going, like a fucking javelin missile coming down to ground pound an armored tank into a fiery existence. It pretty much tore right through part of her wheel and the horn which caused Yona to swerve violently as this flapping mess of bones was now in her face and Raphael can hear her cursing and struggling to get a hold of this new situation. "Fucking-- Bird..! What the-- Fuck off!!" Now whether it was trying to hurt her or is just trying to find an exit, Yona simply grabbed it and threw it out the window, obviously getting just a "little" pissed off. It was only after which she realized that she was heading straight into a construction zone and she crashed the car into a barrier, causing her to fly out through the open wind shield.

She soon got up and dusted herself off before looking at her dented and pretty much totaled car. She was not happy. Not one bit. She looked up and saw that there was just a sky full of falling Dorian clones and a swarm of skeletal crows trying to get as many clones as they could. She can also hear the numerous quakes being offed by the original Dorian and his clones while fighting Mian. She started looking at the structures around her. The district was falling apart. Cartel members were dying left and right, the buildings were being shaken and slowly chiseling off. The young being terrified by these recent events and the old who started accepting that this was their time. It all brought Yona a feeling of rage and sorrow. Just as she was about to pull out her pistol again and start shooting enraged at the sky, something washed over her and she let her pistol drop to the ground.

It wasn't hopelessness or even any notion that she had given up. Instead, her expression became calm but hardened into a look that was a different kind of malicious that Yona never knew she had. "Now, I'm pissed." She spoke, another voice seeming to be backed behind hers, similar but different in tone. She raised her right hand slightly as she watched a sword materialize itself into her hand. The blade not being edged, but it looked as if was made out of separate steel parts that were stacked onto one another like a kids would do to dry erase markers and make a long stick. At the very tip would seem like a sharp arrowhead where if it were to penetrate into flesh, it will make an even messier wound coming out.

She swung her sword at one of the clones and it was then revealed to be a whip sword. It extended out and cut a clone in half before it disappeared. She repeated this a couple of times before she found an opportune moment and leaped, from clone to clone as she seemed to be making her way into the sky along with the other clones all the while killing them off with her sword. It was obvious now that Yona seemed possessed by something and it was really helping her with doing whatever she intended to do.

It wasn't until she was among most of the masses of clones made by Dorian and skeletal crows that a red shine came from the X's in her eyes that she performed one last violent swing of her sword which created a red mist which soon consolidated into a hundreds of scattered dark red feathers made from some sort of magic. It was then that she smirked as these feathers would shoot outward from around Yona, piercing through multiple clones and crows at an insane velocity in which there was no chance at dodging or even escaping the barrage. A feather that was fast enough to leave behind a line of red light, like a laser. Once a feather even made it out of the swarm of clones, it would shoot back into the swarm again claiming more targets.

While this happened, Yona began to fall back to the Earth since there was no more momentum holding her up. To break her fall, she lined herself against the tall crane that was stationed at the construction site and stabbed her sword into the side of the pillars, slowing her fall and totally messing up crucial support points along the way as multiple stray metal parts and bolts started to fall alongside Yona. As she landed, she stabbed her sword into the ground and large dark red chains erupted from multiple points into the sky. However, the chains were cut off by multiple rifts in space which were red in color before Yona ripped her sword out from the ground and the chains receded, but pulling out volleys of one-handed double edged swords that were made out of a dark amethyst surrounded by a red glow. She then looked up and spoke as the swords floated and began positioning themselves to point their blades up as Yona pointed her finger up to the mass of clones and crows. "I want my skies CLEARED OUT!!" She shouted in demand as the swords then shot into the sky at a moderately slower velocity than the feathers but they turned like missiles to accurately pierce through any of the clones and crows. These swords and feathers would soon fill the sky over the district and beyond its borders as long as it could find a clone or a skeletal crow. Their target seeking behaviors seeming very precise as to what Yona wished. Nothing was astray. They all abided completely to Yona's will and would serve to its fullest. The sky soon turned red from the multiple projectiles flying across, piercing through clones and shattering bones. This would mean it would reach the original Dorian and even the skies above Mian.

Last edited:
1678001681809.png1678001801661.png1678001783551.png
Sassparilla Dangerous, Monty Kool & Esteriel Alberquist
Interactions: Karcen Karcen Merciless Medic Merciless Medic

This is a collab by Solemn Jester Solemn Jester (Playing Sassparilla Dangerous) and Sinny The Fool Sinny The Fool (Playing Monty Kool & Esteriel Alberquist)

The Sass Castle was in disarray. Hoes and members of the gang ran everywhere screaming for water, hammer, nails, and all other sorts of equipment as they quickly rushed to patch up as much of the damage as they could. It would be hard to miss the new Skylight in the Headquarters of the mightiest pimp in the world. It seemed someone had decided to do a little renovating and it wasn’t sitting well with the boss. Sassparilla sat legs crossed and buttnaked on his throne of Big Dong energy. As people entered the throne room they’d find the crumpled bodies of several of Sass’s crew lodged into walls. One could only assume what they had done to incur the wrath of Sass. “Hiddidly dee, hiddiddly doe, mah dongs so long I need mah pimp coat ya dumb fuckin hoe.” Sass said in a rhyming fashion as he often did when he was especially mad. Another odd thing about Sass, no matter where you caught him, or what state he was in, even if he was butt-naked he always seemed to have his pimp shades on. The nearby hoe quickly grabbed Sass’s robe and placed it on him as he stood to his feet legs uncrossed and showing his staff to everyone in the room although either out of fear or embarrassment most people avoided making eye contact with Sass or his one eyed monster.

That is when Monty Kool stepped into the palace: his face battered, bruised, and his nose bleeding profusely. Strangely, every part of his face except for his nose seemed to be injured. Of course, his broken ribs and fractured jaw meant nothing compared to the damage Sass Palace had endured. Monty stomped in and did his best to divert his gaze from Sassparilla's 'one-eyed monster'. In Monty's company was the new prospective recruits to the Sassy Party: Naomi Osz, Katja Glinka & Esteriel Alberquist. Este kept a tight grip on the dress of Katja while he crawled on all fours to get a better feel of his surroundings.

”Monty, where da hell yo ass been? We was under attack baby! How am I spose ta get mah beauty rest when mah best guard dogs off on a walk?” He asked approaching Monty with a sour look on his face, however upon examining the beat up Monty Sass’s expression seemed to turn from sour to furious. ”What da hell happened here?! Who dares attack da main muscles of Sassparilla dangerous!? First mah home and now mah best man?! Dee indignation!!! Why I’m so pissed off imma, imma!” Suddenly Sassparilla’s hand began to glow as his pimp hand stiffened up, behind his shades the pupils of his eye glowed with a deadly energy. In the time a gnat would take to flap its wings Sassparilla brought down his hand on Monty striking him SEEMINGLY with the force of a tsunami crashing into the earth. For a moment there was silence, and whereas most people would be sent flying to the next district Monty found himself surprisingly fine. He had a red mark on his face and he was forced back for a second but it definitely wasn’t Sass’s usual strike. After a moment the warm tingle on his face spread through his body as the energy from Sass’s hand swept over him invigorating and healing what injuries he might still be recovering from. Sass said nothing but held a hand out to help his fallen brotha. He nodded with a stiff lip and turned back towards his throne taking a seat once more. ”Somebody amass mah forces and send them to hunt down those jive suckas who attacked my humble abode.”

Monty straightened back up and gasped out a long icy breath as he felt the warm tingle reach the tip of his fingers. His battered and bruised body went back to being squeaky clean, and his broken ribs mended themselves back together; becoming even stronger than they were before. As he rose back up, Monty went back to looking as fresh as the day he first met Sassparilla. Monty felt around his repaired jaw with a hum of satisfaction, his attention spiking when he heard about an attack on Sass Palace - which explained the condition of the joint. "Attacked..? Not cool, not cool. I'm sorry boss bro! I was just chillin' about lover's lane tryna track down that fog you was wanting us to deal with. Wasn't having any luck until..." he blushed while his voice and mannerisms shifted completely "I heard the voice of an angel: Naomi-chwaaaann!!" he almost sang as one could almost swear love hearts could be seen floating out from his head, and then he returned back to his normal 'cool' self "Well let's just say we find the fog, and what was controlling it. I was only getting cooled up when some other blondie bro came up and dealt with the problem for us. Ain't seen the bro before, but for a not so cool bro - he was pretty cool if you catch mah drift." he then gestured back to Katja & Esteriel
"Also got some potential recruits for ya too boss bro."

Naomi Osz1678132151026.png
[Current Objective: Appease Sass]
[Location: Hell City, District 69 | Lover’s Lane’s Sass Palace]
[Mood: Determined, Scared, Shocked]
[Interactions: Monty, Esteriel, Katja, Sassparilla]
[Mentions: N/A]
Sinny The Fool Sinny The Fool Karcen Karcen Solemn Jester Solemn Jester

Helping Monty walk and guiding the blind Esteriel and (possibly) confused Katja, Naomi finally made it to Sass’s Palace, but was shocked and upset at the state it was in. At least everyone was okay - relatively - and were fixing it up as fast as they could. Going slow was not an option when Sass was upset, and she didn’t want to anger him anymore than he already was.

When they arrived, with Monty leading the group, Naomi stood there politely with her hands clasped together in front of her. His rhyming words had hit her sensitive antennae before they even arrived into the room, and to say she was scared was an understatement. However, walking in, she felt like she did her best today, as well. Not that she deserved anything, but she wanted to show she was capable, even in a crisis situation such as this.

Seeing him naked wasn’t really a surprise, and considering her position as a hoe, she didn’t really get embarrassed. However, her eyes still averted when he approached them out of fearful respect. When he saw Monty’s bruised and battered features, her antennae fell and it was like a car wreck. She couldn’t look away even though every part of her bristled to do so. So, when the slap came, she was surprised that Monty wasn't through the wall. In fact, Monty was healing right before her eyes!

Incredible…

The awe on her face quickly shifted to one of reverence and determination. Though, that quickly turned into a quiet smile when Monty spoke about her for a brief moment, and then he shifted back to normal, but she did not. She still had a stupid smile on her face. Upon looking up at Sass, that smile disappeared to one of reverence once again. She bowed her head before speaking to him, then gestured to the two Monty introduced. “Yes, and I’d like to teach them the ropes of what it’s like here, get them comfortable so they may work here. If that is alright with you, Master Sass. One of them has a power that may be of use, but it’s a bit restrictive in how to activate it.” She explained as succinctly as possible, wanting to talk less and let Sass handle his own opinions on the matter. “We were also set upon by the victims of the fog, most of them being the Sixty-Niners.” She had recognized them, but didn't quite register who they were until they were already at Sass's Palace.

Weren't they in prison?

Hell City​

As the bout between Mian and Dorian was reaching its climax, the marching army of Dorians surrounding Syndicate territory were beginning to breach the security border of the festival. The Firelights and Judica Judast were tasked with leading the security getting locked in mosh-pit with the sheer number of Dorians invading. Each time one clone was taken out, another one would quickly appear to take its place. Each new Dorian growing more and more desperate to weaken the security of the festival and clear a path for - something.

Mian Bhias​

Mian's patience was beginning to run out, all this talk of death being undone and 'him' had begun to bore her. Mian had come here to answer a summons, something she hadn't received personally in decades if not more. She had hoped this reaping would allow her a chance to vent, to let loose a little. To rid herself of these pesky emotions that had somehow begun to surface. Yet as Dorians began to fall from the sky and the earth below her erupt into violent tremors, one thing became very clear. This man was no threat, no challenge, he was a nobody. Without his cane, he was but a man with an annoying ability. Pathetic. Humiliating. Why, why after all these years was she called to deal with... this? This being was hardly worth her time!

With the earth shaking violently around her Mian began to sway back and forth. Though her eyes darted from clone to close, following the OG Dorian's warping, her body was swaying along with the powerful rumblings. Yet still, her feet hadn't moved so much as an inch, still firmly planted and steadfast. With a soft sigh, the woman raised her scythe yet again. Then for the first time since she arrived, she took a step forward. In a flash of smoke and shadow Mian had cleared the area in but a blink and just before the man's Cane could connect with the ground once more, her scythe split it clean in two. The force of the swing produced an arc-like blade of air pressure then that tore through anything and everything 150 feet beyond her target.

Recovering from her dash, Mian moved to straighten her posture, returning the scythe to her side. Snatching the og Dorian by the throat from his free fall, Mian's touch would reveal to the man just how outclassed he was. What he was looking at now, the Mian before him, the woman who had come to claim his soul. She was nothing like the rumours, she was much, much more. Like a grain of sand on a beach facing the insurmountable Ocean, Dorian would come to realise. Death, was not such a simple enemy as he had previously imagined. With her void-like eyes staring him down, Mian spoke firmly to the man, his mortality now restored and clones vanishing to repair and solidify his soul. "Do you understand now Mr. Gray? No one. Not even Lucifer, defies me. Whoever he is. It is I who will see him undone. Make no mistake".

With death now imprinted upon his soul, and his passing imminent- Dorian would catch a glimpse of a figure hovering behind the woman whom he hadn't seen before. Silent, ominous and one with Mian like a shadow.

Dorian's face contorted into that of pure horror. He struggled to breath, but even he were able to speak, he would not dare to utter a word: he knew at the moment his cane was broken that it was over. Dorian could see his fate reflecting back at him in the void-like eyes of Mian, and he lost whatever remaining will to fight he had left. As the life began to slowly drain from Dorian, his true age began to resurface. His skin wrinkled, his eyes whitened and his body started to shrivel. The fragile being Mian had caught by the throat was a man well beyond his due date.

As the original Dorian began to expire, so too did his army of endless clones. Reflecting the condition of the true Dorian, they first began to shake in fear before slowly withering away into nothingness.

He had no response left to give, whatever form of defiance he might of had was gone now. As he gazed upon the ominous shadow leering behind Mian, he had tried to scream but not a single sound would be allowed to escape his dried lips.

"Goodbye, Mr Grey. Do rest in peace". Tossing the man up into the air above Mian brought her Scyth down with great speed, splitting him clean in two. With ghastly energy clinging to her blade, Mian struck her scythe's handle against the earth one final time and with it, the energy travelled down and into the earth, dissipating. Dorian Grey had been killed and his soul returned to the natural cycle.

Turning her attention to the swords darting about in the sky above, Mian let out a sigh. "Honestly, I've already got to babysit two kids. Now I've to deal with another... the joys.". Snapping her fingers the crows would disappear from the skies, divebombing into the earth below and vanishing thereafter. All except one that was. This one in particular came to land softly just a few feet in front of Yona. And after pecking at the ground a few times, in the blink of an eye, it would have been swapped out for Mian herself. Standing quietly, gazing at the woman from a distance Mian held her weapon up over her shoulder, resting it against herself but clearly ready to react should she need to. "Your sky? Interesting. Yona isn't it? You have exactly two minutes to tell me why it is you harmed my crows and I expect an apology"
CasualTea CasualTea Merciless Medic Merciless Medic Sinny The Fool Sinny The Fool

Raphael Sorel1678410892479.png
[Current Objective: Appease Mian]
[Location: Hell City, District 341 | Yona’s District]
[Mood: OH SHIT]
[Interactions: Yona, Mian]
[Mentions: Dorian]
CasualTea CasualTea Uasal Uasal Sinny The Fool Sinny The Fool

Raphael thought that they were somewhat in the clear, but one of the crows then landed into the car. To avoid getting hit by glass, Raphael shielded his eyes with his arms. The beating of skeletal birds had hit him a couple times, and his body was thrown side to side within the seat belt from Yona’s swerving. Right when she saved herself from the bird, Raphael saw what they were going to hit and braced for impact.

He heard a body fly off somewhere and hit the end of the car. Grunting, Raphael felt a sharp sting throughout his upper chest. While the seat belt saved him from flying out the window, he was sure it fractured his collarbone.

Unbuckling himself and stepping out of the car with a wince, he looked over at Yona to see she was largely fine. He kept under the pulse mine that was still firing off, but seeing Yona so pissed… Something about her changed and his eyes widened as she sounded like someone else. “Yona?”

Whoever it was, she materialized a sword and began slicing up the Dorians and the birds. Fuck…

But whatever she was doing was extremely impressive, but he figured Mian wouldn’t have liked that one bit. At least, when it came to her things. He watched as she sliced through the air, created homing red feathers from a mist of red, and then fell, just to slide down a pillar by using the new sword as a way to break her fall. Then she made even more swords. He swore he saw chains, but he didn’t worry about that, as the swords and feathers were even clearing out the area where Mian and Dorian were fighting.

He had to stop her!

He ran up to her side, but felt the energy from her was extremely potent. She wasn’t Yona anymore, was she?

A bird landed before them, and Mian arose from it. Raphael’s eyes widened. His boss’s boss was now in front of them. He looked at Yona with concern, hoping she wouldn’t say anything she shouldn’t. He looked back at his pulse mine, which had expended all of its charges and was just sitting there idly. He knelt on the ground, knuckles against the earth. He looked surprisingly reverent, and his voice was as such. “I’d like to say I apologize for contributing to the harm of your crows, Mian Bhias, as well as speaking out of turn. We were merely protecting ourselves from Dorian. I never meant to get in your way.” He knew she likely wouldn’t recall him, but considering that Hearth Corp grenade acted like a pulse mine earlier because of his fenaggling, he wondered if she had remembered him. He also hoped he didn’t get harmed because he spoke out of turn. He at least kept Yona's apology for her to say herself.

His falcon, Tenzin, had flown away from the onslaught of the birds and Dorians, having found a nice place to rest. Upon hearing nothing else was happening, he flew back to Raphael, perching on some rubble near Raphael. The dark yellow bandanna was emblazoned with Hearth Corp insignia.

After a moment of silence, she broke into laughter. "Haha, Yona?! Who's that?" She asked hysterically. "You're speaking to yours truly, Ashi--- ...Wait." She cut herself off, taking a moment to look around. She then looked as if she was confused. This... Person looked bewildered. "...This isn't The Golden Court. This isn't even Kowloong! Where am I?" She asked aimlessly as she looked around even more confused as ever, panicking almost. "My subjects, my throne!! It's all... Huh..." She soon seemed to finally calm down. "How... liberating...?" She soon took a look at Mian, not feeling threatened by her at all. However, she did turn a new side of cautious... sort of. She smiled and bowed playfully, with a hand over her chest. Like a jester. "Well, I am Ashika Kasumi. Empress of... Hehe, 'Former' Empress of Kowloong." She then stood herself back up, before extending an open hand to Mian. "And you are?" She asked with a smile on her face. However, before she could get an answer from Mian, she finally noticed her hand.

Ashika looked at her hand, turning it to look at both sides of it. Then she looked down at her own body, even more bewildered. "...This... Feels like me... But isn't... Wonder why that is?" She mumbled before she started feeling an ache in her head. She put a hand to her head in reaction to the minor headache but still kept her own. She looked down to a kneeling Raphael who had finished blabbering. She was going to praise him for offering her respect before she figured out that this gesture was not for her. She can only conclude it was for the girl with a scythe. She chuckled as the swords returned and floated nearby and the feathers descended slowly around them only to float and sway along with whatever breeze passed by. "My apologies, I thought it was still the sky above my domain. Such... dolls and birds without flesh. It disgusted me quite so. I only wished to return the sky to its former beauty. Wouldn't you agree that anyone would enjoy an open sky clear of all that is foreign?" Ashika asked, keeping her confident almost arrogant composure. She had quite the ego that was for certain.

She soon snapped her fingers and the area around them slowly morphed and changed. Not just their immediate surroundings, but it seemed like the entire world. The swords and feathers having faded away within the beautiful scenery of a palace courtyard. Devoid of people, you can tell that this place seemed to be in an ancient era of East-Asian culture. What Ashika just did was create an illusion, messing with Raphael's and Mian's sight of what they see. A matter a fact, all their senses. Their sentience. "Huh. I still have that in me. Brilliant." She said before she lowered herself as if she were to sit down and a chair manifested itself beneath her to catch her as a jade tea pot and obsidian tea cup formed in her hands. She proceeded to pour herself a hot cup of tea before setting the pot on a table that faded into reality. "Now, isn't this relaxing? Rather than conversing in the aftermath and ruins of a battle I can finally think, not hearing the young cry their eyes out and the old praying for the afterlife."

She soon set her tea cup down on the table gently, the tea cup still seemingly full of fresh tea. She then moved the tea cup along to the other side of the table towards Mian, but in doing so she had cloned it since the original cup stayed its place on Yona's side. "Come now, a great warrior like yourself also knows that of honor, no? Rest your scythe and have a drink. It's not poisoned, I assure you. What fun would that be?" She said before taking her cup again and gaining another sip. "And you... When are you going to get up? It's ruining my hospitality. If you insist, I can put you on a leash if you want to stay down." She said glancing at Raphael. She also made sure the bird was in on this but was put in a bird cage. It being near Raphael. She at least knew how much an owner values their pets. If they were a good owner, that would be an extension of their family. She wasn't heartless.
Merciless Medic Merciless Medic Uasal Uasal Sinny The Fool Sinny The Fool

Last edited:
Katja Galinka

tags: Merciless Medic Merciless Medic Sinny The Fool Sinny The Fool
1038d798bf57a18febd1511093445edc0b1e33b3.jpg

A naked man on a throne and a building that looked like it had recently suffered a place crashing through the roof, were not what Katja had expected of the sass palace. Things had really gotten odd after she had left the hospital, yes some people had been weird there, but well it had been more normal than one might expect. There had never been any magic sex fog or crashes through the building. Katja did wonder slightly why the place had been so peaceful when it seemed the world outside was chaotic as the norm? The hole in the roof did make Katja wonder if she really would be safe if Sass had such things happen often enough people didn't seem to flustered about the clean up. Well the man himself did seem rather annoyed so maybe he didn't suffer attacks normally. The fact the man had not decided to put on any clothes after an attack or to meet new employees was a bit odd and Katja was glad she was not exactly bashful around nude bodies. The people in the walls did scared Katja and of course her urge was to want to help them, if they were well brain dead then she could help them. The robe did help some with Katja not focusing on looking at certain areas that might be seen as rude and which she really didn't want to stare at anyways.

Katja could feel the blindfolded man gripping her dress and wanted to reach down to comfort him, but well showing you are sacred of your future boss was bad right? They were likely safe here, maybe Sass didn't seem to be wanting to kill them all for no reason. Then came the slap and Katja could not help but let out a little yelp of surprise as she assumed Monty would be sent flying and be like one of the people in the wall. To her surprise Monty instead was healed by the slap and Katja wished she could heal people on the fly , though in a nicer manner. She was seemingly bound to holy ground, though what counted at holy ground she had never figured out. Still Monty was fine so Sass must not be that angry at present so maybe he would listen.

Then Naomi spoke and well Katja did feel a bit better when she spoke to Sass, she knew the man and when it was okay to speak to him. She did notice Naomi calling him Master sass and found it odd, seemed not really how and employee spoke to an employer, but well things were odd out here. Was that just how Naomi talked to him, or was it how all his employees were expected to talk? Katja didn't know as well Monty seemed to not address him as such. Then again Monty it seemed was much higher on the pecking order than Naomi so maybe his casual attitude was permitted because of that? Katja decided she would be formal and copy Naomi as she was applying for the same position.

Katja Waited till she figure it was her turn to talk, as Naomi had introduced her and really it was polite to give your name to your perspective boss or patient before they had to ask. Seeing the opportunity Katja took a slight step forward to make herself stand out but to not move out of Esteriel's grasp. " i umm " Katja started a little nervous but paused and calmed down " I am Katja Glinka, I am sorry if i seem nervous master Sass a lot has happened." She said which was honest about what had happened " As naomi said I do have a gift" She wouldn't call it a power it was something given not hers innately " If am upon holy ground then when i pray any injury or illness short of the death of the brain is healed" She explained not sure if she should go on " I happened to run into Naomi after getting lost after going on a walk from the hospital where i lived and well i doubt i could find my way back" She continued perhaps playing a bit for sympathy, Sass was the pimp of pimps so he surely took in lost girls " So umm I think being able to freely heal any workers or clients might be helpful if there is perhaps a church themed... workplace" Kataja finished trying to use what she saw as polite language to show respect for the trade.

Havoc
District 84 | Pyre's Base

He merely nodded to Dobby, at least the representative for this 'Master' was understanding and flexible.

Turning his attention to Baubels, he replied: "If you want to come along you're welcome to. Otherwise I'd rather you stay here and keep an eye out on things in general." And then he looked around, nose wrinkling slightly. "Keep an eye out for trouble as usual, I'll send word of how things are going on my end as usual. If you find that creature again- kill it.[/color]" Was all he said before he patted Baubles on the shoulder and nodded to Dobby in a sign that they should be getting ready to go.

"Let's get moving."

WIRE WARES- was a simple sign next to the type of building, that looked like a governmental or federal sort of business. Fences, cameras- guards.

They drove to that building, stopped at the wall of cement and lines of barbed electrical fencing. Upon stopping and honking the horn- the wall divided in half, splitting open and welcoming them inside. As they entered, a column of men and women, all of them tattooed, peered through the windows and Dobby to stare. Stopping at the end of the column Juan rolled the window down and asked a simple question: "Where?"

The female with the mask pointed. And he parked as one woman one woman, on her forehead- letters emblazoned in neon red: P Y R E, approached.

She stopped by the window peered in at Juan- the car died as he turned the engine off and deposited the keys into her hand. "Leave your ride with them. I'll be back shortly." He said to ultimately everyone as he stepped out of the car and then followed the woman with the keys inside the distant building ahead.

It was ten minutes before Juan was back- and when he was, he wore entirely different clothes- and also a mask that covered most of his face save his eyes.

"We walk the rest of the way. Treg doesn't like meeting new people, going by foot will make this a lot easier since he'll recognize me quicker."

But if he would recognize you quicker, why all the get up?

It made sense not long after they exited the private grounds

The streets were crowded. And Juan, seemed far too dressed for the occasion.

As they walked, people stared- the words P.Y.R.E emblazoned on his hoodie, caught eyes- and as they moved, one could pick up details. On the kind of impact PYRE had held so far in District 84.

At one point- he was forced to stop the lead, to pose and take a picture with a family, then an old couple, then a child with piercing eyes, held by the hand of a woman in a finely tailored suit. Clearly a boy of wealth.

Pyre, was obviously well known since District 84 was the base of their operations or at least one of the more well-known ones, but to see a single member alone, not even someone who was from the upper echelons of the chain receive this kind of attention by the mere association, it said something. Whatever it said to those following him as he led them on foot to their destination. Unlike their last location that had taken them underground there was no drastic shift in the care given to the city in this District. Roads were cracked, some buildings could use a decent paint job, once in a while- a few places appeared abandoned- but compared to where they had been last- this, was much better than being chased by a private militia guarding some building, harassing people of all kinds for either appearance or for the sheer fact of displaying inhuman feats.

As they walked past the crosswalks to another street, down the road they were passing- someone laughed loudly in front of a crowd of people- flames igniting in her hands before she threw the fireballs up into the air- only for each beachball orb sized magma ball to be caught in telekinetic grip and juggled by her female partner-in-arms, creating a myriad of shapes and fireworks that had the gathered crowd 'oooing' and 'aaahing'.

On both these individuals arms- P.Y.R.E was tattooed like on his hoodie.

Here, people seemed to walk with some degree of comfort than a sense of grim acceptance. Juan was not the only one wearing Pyre, a more astute individual would notice. PYRE symbols moved around in various locations. Some working to fill damaged sidewalks and roads- others, walking down the streets a good distance away in patrols- others, moving on the roof tops- if the eyes could catch the symbols on one's clothes as people leaped from roof to roof.

PYRE, was, essentially everywhere- but it did not feel, oppressive like it might have with other gangs or locations. They moved freely, and did not seem to be harassing anyone. They merely did a job, and moved on. Patrols like this were normal it seemed, and the various members making up the organization, whether human looking or not, were given the space they needed to work when needed.

At least until there was an explosion some distance away, down the right side of a street and going beyond- where Juan looked- and then tilted his head up to see shadows clear a roof to head in the direction of the boom.

He moved on, not stopping as other Pyre members went to handle whatever had caused the source of the boom.

To Juan, this was normal. It was Hell City after all- but his disposition here seemed a lot less tense, less aloof- in someway, even if his eyes remained dully unimpressed, he was relaxed.

The ebb and flow of civilization trickled off as they reached a slope upwards, the group stopped at the peak. A distance away, as if cutting itself off the rest of the city path, a three story building sat. It was hardly the largest building around- where in District 84 there had been a few buildings slightly larger than it. Yet seeing its dull grey painting and the cracked steps around it.

Wordlessly Juan moved towards it- and then stopped upon reaching the threshhold of the fence that surrounded the building. Raising a hand to signal to the others to stop also.

A beep and then an orb- materialized out of nowhere. From its back, three other orbs, smaller in size- all with the same camera lens- floated about to get a view of the individuals at the threshhold to the building.

"It's me" Juan said taking the mask off. "I have a client for you that needs some work done at their place back in another district. You want to talk to her or you want to keep us waiting?"

The orbs watched silently, then, lined up together in a row before changing color from their dull grey to a bright green.

"Mines, Deactivated." The plain blank ground flashed with color- and then several dozen pairs of yellow eyes peaking out of the ground, dug deeper into the floor.

The ground shook, vibrated- and then the front entrance lifted up the front porch of the building to reveal a wide metal cavern with blue interior lights.

"Enter quickly before I change my mind." A robotic voice called inside.

Juan glanced at the others with a shrug. As if to say: People, am I right? Then walked past what had once been an active mine field before entering the cavern first.

"He'll lock you out if you don't hurry" his voice echoed back as he disappeared down a flight of stairs. "And those mines are programmed to chase you."

Mentions: Sinny The Fool Sinny The Fool

Interactions: Merciless Medic Merciless Medic Mitchs98 Mitchs98

Mian Bhias​

Mian watched with a blank expression as the woman before her audibly went about investigating the situation she now found herself in. A perplexing situation to be sure and one Mian had seen but a handful of times in the past. Yona was a host, and though that was rare in and of itself, what made this situation all the more impressive was the fact she could support a full-body takeover. Remarkable. Pathetic and somewhat revolting but remarkable nonetheless. Dorian must have been targeting this woman for that exact reason, how strange, how did he know of this woman? Had Lucifer known? No, if he did she'd likely be an experiment by now. How, intriguing, curious even.

Eyes following the woman's movements, Mian cocked her head to the side ever so slightly. Ashika Kasumi of the Kowloong Empire, so that was the pitiful entity that was trying to claw its way back to the living. A Goddess that had already fallen long ago and not even as a result of Mian's hand. How sad. Though tenacious. "I go by many names, though I suppose you may call me Mian Bhais. If I remember correctly your people once referred to me as - 'The Black and White Impermanence'. But that is neither here nor there."

That said it didn't seem the goddess standing before her cared all that much given she immediately went back to inspecting her host's body. With such ego and confidence, gods were such a bother. Raphael would approach them as the woman did so and offer his own apology, which Mian acknowledged with a nod. Her eyes wandered to his hawk and then back to him, though focused on him it seemed as though they were peering right through him. "Raphael Sorel, your apology is accepted for your time has not yet come and I judge you sincerely. Do not make me regret this decision." Though Mian didn't recognise the man she knew exactly who he was with but a glance. It was one of her gifts and though she wanted to inflict the same pain her crows had suffered upon his hawk as retaliation. Mian also wanted to avoid another conflict, especially with someone as bothersome as the goddess Ashika Kasumi.

A battle with a goddess would shake the city to its core, reshape the area and leave everyone dead or wishing for it. Though confident she could win, it was quite honestly way too much work and even after winning she'd not only have to clean up the lingering souls but also explain everything to Lucifer. It would be way too tiresome. So, if giving this human and his bird a second chance could avoid such a tiresome chain of events then Mian was all for it. Besides, babysitting the kids was hard enough work as is, babysitting them while fighting a goddess would be torture.

Noticing Ashika Kasumi moving a hand to brace her head, Mian returned her attention to the woman. It seemed the host was attempting to fight back, though for now at least Ashika Kasumi's sheer willpower was holding back the attempts. How interesting, peering into the woman was like gazing at a storm, two souls clashing, coming together, separating and colliding yet again in an endless cycle. It wasn't an uncommon sight in hosts but this was far more chaotic than memory served.

With the world then warping around her, illusion manifesting as intended, Mian turned her back to the woman and took in the sights. How beautiful, what a strange sense of nostalgia. Mian could have sworn she hadn't killed this goddess with her own hands yet, why was this scenery so familiar, was this part of the illusion too? Taking a seat and dematerializing her scythe, Mian took a cup of tea in her hand and began sipping at it. Her eyes still scanned the fictional area "Such sensations, your magics and powers are reminiscent of Discordia and Pasithea. To be able to taste this tea and sit upon this chair, you've managed to summon quite a sizable amount of your power. How interesting. Though do be careful, draw on too much and you'll destroy your host's body.".

Returning the cup to the table Mian turned her focus to the woman "Though you are quite the contradictory person I must admit. You seem disgusted by that which is foreign yet have no issue summoning fort a foreign reality on a whim. Even you yourself are a foreign entity invading a host from beyond the dead. If my crows disgusted you so much, then are you not the same as they? Ashika Kasumi, former empress and former goddess, so desperate to live again yet doomed to return from whence she came? You should feel it yourself, your control of that body is not sustainable. Your host will reemerge at any time. Your use of powers only accelerates such."

Looking to Raphael, Mian offered him a nod to rise from his knees. "Tell me, Ashika Kasumi. What is it you seek now that you've returned? What is it you hope to accomplish through your host? Are you a threat to this world?"

Merciless Medic Merciless Medic CasualTea CasualTea

Raphael ValeriasRaphael Sorel (2).png
[Current Objective: The fuck is Not-Yona doing?]
[Location: Hell City, District 341 | Yona’s District, Illusion]
[Mood: Bruh…]
[Interactions: Mian Bhais and Yona, NotYona
CasualTea CasualTea Uasal Uasal Sinny The Fool Sinny The Fool

Huh?

What a pompous idiot…

Raphael always hated gods and goddesses. Deities like Mian Bhias were fine, but this one? What was even Ashika? What was even Kowloong? Apparently, Yona was a goddess? Or simply a host, which was a rather common occurrence in Hell City.

Her ego was killing him.

The scenery changed, yet Raphael did not move much. His eyes darted about to gather all that he could see, noticing that this was just an illusion, yet it felt very real. He had to play his cards correctly so as to not get into trouble.

He looked over at his bird, who was caged. The bird cooed anxiously, feathers puffed and looking about the cage with startled wonderment, pecking at the cage’s bars.

He ignored what Ashika said, only standing up when Mian nodded for him to do so. At least he was forgiven by death herself. Though, Mian was right. How long could this illusion last for? Was the goddess really that stupid in using up all of her energy? He let Mian speak, not daring to intrude on the questioning as he walked over to the cage, trying to figure out if there was a way to open it as his falcon was cawing anxiously, his talons pawing at the barred cage it was in. He hoped that she wouldn’t cause pain to his falcon, as this Yona-NotYona wouldn’t be bothered by it at all. Just him, as it was his bird. This goddess should be the one punished for making a mess of her crows, not he.

Punishing Gray Raven Qu sitting on throne.jpg
"Goddess?"

One word was uttered, but with heavy weight. Ashika stared at Mian with a quizzical look and the scenery around them froze in an instant. She herself froze, almost in deep thought of the word. It was like it disrupted her whole being. A few mere moments of silence and stillness passed before her expression turned of that of grimace. She gritted her teeth as she clenched her tea cup as the tea inside began to ripple. "Ha... Former Goddess is right, because calling me their Goddess contradicts what certain behaviors are involved in that relationship." She began. "They once called me a Goddess. I gave them my constant helping hand, gave them peace and comfort that they could attain themselves. Knowledge that they passed down to their children and theirs. I made their nation prosper and even more when they so gave themselves to me."

"So tell me... What people would scheme against their own Goddess by taking EVERYTHING WHICH WAS HERS?!!"
She shouted as she crushed her tea cup, the shattered point exploding into a bubble which didn't affect Mian, Raphael or his falcon, but rather the environment. The scenery changing from that of beauty to that of ruin. The skies reddened and flora all but withered. The table having blown away while turning into dust but the tea cups remained pristine. Ashika got up from her chair which crumbled to dust and blown with the wind as well before turning from the two and walking away a few steps to look at her ruined palace. "I gave them everything they ever wanted. Most without even the use of my power. I shepherded them to longevity and peace. I showed them a salvation they can create within themselves and share it with the world! But within that flock of sheep, there were such... Treacherous Wolves!! RIGHT IN PLAIN SIGHT!!" She exclaimed as she swiftly moved her hand across her body and the palace was sliced cleanly in the same path as her hand movement. She watched it crumble to dust and the cloud washed over the group, blinding them.

They soon found themselves inside the palace. Namely, the throne room in its dullened condition deprived of its beauty. There were several lifeless bodies scattered around the wall away from the carpet which Mian and Raphael found themselves in. Raphael's falcon, not in a cage but finding itself perched on a bird's podium. Sitting upon the throne was a lady who had long black hair which shone a vibrant green on the inside wearing a unique dressing. Her head piece hanging a glowing green talisman in front of her as her displease expression looked down on Mian and Raphael.
"I... was no goddess. I was once like them. A human who was just caught up in many events that spiraled out of control to put me where I am now. Even now, I wonder how I'd not died, after wiping out the very nation that I devoted my all to. That I destroyed with my all, because they wished to take away those who were very dear to me."

This was Ashika Kasumi in her true form. Her voice as well as her body her own. "And to think, it was all because of that woman's sweet, lying tongue. That snake! If I hadn't accepted her, I probably wouldn't have to suffer ALL of it." She said as she got up and began to take her time walking down the steps and approaching Mian and Raphael. She stopped at a distance from them and looked at them, sorrow concealed by rage. She closed her eyes and sighed, her expressions washing over her. "But even now... That wench still tortures me so, binding me to a being that I feel that I have a familiarity with but I've no recollection as to why it is so. She fights me but it is inevitable that we have our similarities." She soon winced as her headache came back and she held her head with a more pained look than before. "I know now. Whenever one fights over control over the body, it causes her just discrepancies in her vision and I get the damn headaches. The hell is this sort of unfairness?!"

She then threw her hand down to her side, being fed up with the pain. "Seriously, if that's what you want, then why don't you just join us?!" She said before she moved her body to the side to reveal Yona standing behind her. Ashika grabbed Yona's hand and threw her to Mian and Raphael but not so hard as to knock them over. Yona was only able to catch her balance, standing between Mian and Raphael. She looked almost surprised but realized that she was also in the illusion. She thought that she would take control over the body and the illusion would end but it didn't. She looked at her with confusion and caution. "Wait... How?!" She questioned to which Ashika grinned and tapped the side of her head. "I can manipulate your senses so that you can actually talk to me. You can see me. You can even feel me." She stated, her power not dwindling as the illusion stayed strong even though they both seemed "separated." Ashika grinned before bursting into a small cackle. "This power... Even though it is as you say, Mian, excessive use of it could prove dangerous. But so far, I see no negatives."

The scenery around them soon brightened as the room was slowly returning to its pristine condition and a ray of light shown through the windows into the room. She basked in the light, looking up at the ceiling. "That means... She still lingers...!" She then snapped her fingers and the scenery around them began to change. Like glass, the scenery started to shatter around them as they were returning to reality. Before long, they were right where they were prior. The now ruined construction zone in Yona's district. Ashika still being present as she turned around to look at Mian specifically, a satisfied grin spread across her face. "You asked me what I hope to accomplish before... right?"

"I would like to find that witch who cursed me so from long ago and exact my revenge."

Merciless Medic Merciless Medic Uasal Uasal

BF7DCECE-47F5-4326-9010-19F312471381.jpeg
Ainto Messiah
Interactions; Merciless Medic Merciless Medic Sinny The Fool Sinny The Fool

Ainto, looking back at Moses, the embodiment of Nihilism, nodded at the embodiment, getting reminded of the trios true goal of getting rid of the other embodiment, Jackie.

If he was really honest, Ainto was not that nervous of possibly fighting Jackie, who was the embodiment of madness. After all he did have two embodiments on his side, even if Lady Pain didn’t fight too much.

As the trio was once at Jackies lot, Moses was at a all time alert, making sure they weren’t ambushed as they made their way to their destination.

Looking back at Lady pain he asked her a question,”Would it be a good time too….y’know…..?”

He paused before saying anything, trying to use his eyebrows for non verbal communication. But hopefully, she knew that he meant if it was a good time to activate one of his Host’s ability, which was to transform into something monstrous.

Transforming every time definitely caused pain to himself, though being the host of a powerful demonic being, ‘Hellstarter’ definitely had its benefits, but after being the host for a couple of years now, the pain of needles, nails and other sharp objects exploding out of your skin every time he pushed a small nail on his skin, definitely still hurt. Though he simply did not just have the same reaction.

“And if you make another joke about what I look like with nails I will personally kill you, Lady Pain-“

He said as he walked with them, keeping the same pace as the other two embodiments. Keeping a finger on his wrists, his finger hovering over a specific spot of skin, most likely the nail that caused his transformation.

Lady Pain1679517703064.png
[Current Objective: Find other Embodiment Hopefuls, Find Jackie]
[Location: Hell City, 77 | Joker’s Lot]
[Mood: Cautious, Serious]
[Interactions: Moses, Ainto]
[Mentions: Jackie]
Sinny The Fool Sinny The Fool R U S T R U S T

Hearing Moses's re-stating his loyalty to Lucifer over Jackie and saying he'll take care of Jackie if something were to happen to her, she nodded. However, she couldn't shake the feeling that the dull look he gave was... Somewhat cold. As if he's willing to die to kill Jackie.

If it came to that, she knew they'd have to find someone else.

As they came closer to the infamous part of the lot where the Happy Hotel laid, she noticed a few drunkards scrambling to either get away or squaring up, only to see a faint yellow mist encircle the duo (well, assuming Moses is invisible) and keeping them at bay as it terrified them enough to nearly sober up. The thought of being sober in Joker's Lot was even more terrifying though, so they ran to get more booze.

As they got closer to the hotel, Ainto asked if he should use one of his powers. She looked down at him, then his wrists, then shook her head, expression oddly serious. "Not now. Don't show what you're capable of so early. Keep a few surprises and trump cards hidden until it's time."

She smirked when he correctly assumed she was going to joke about his form, wagging her eyebrows at him. "Not my fault~." She cooed.

They finally reached the Happy Hotel, and every warning signal was blaring off inside Lady Pain's head. "I hate this." She muttered to herself. She waited to see if Jackie or one of his cronies would exit the Happy Hotel or if they needed to enter. After waiting for a few moments, she started making her way inside. "He may have a few followers protecting him. Be on guard." As she said this, the yellow mist from earlier that was barely noticeable began to cloud around her, Ainto, and Moses protectively. It didn't cause them pain, but it would boost Ainto's lust to cause pain.

Last edited:

Mian Bhias​

Still sitting in her chair Mian sipped at her tea, time and time again as the host of this fictional world went about her pantomime. Mian had been around to witness the end of many civilizations, she had seen many pantheons rise and fall in that time too. She had bore witness to many a tragic story as well as many an epic. What his lingering goddess spoke of was something not all that uncommon. Though given the theatrics behind how the woman decided to explain such a story, it was very likely such words would only add fuel to the flame. After all, there was that mortal phrase that fit such a situation to a t, what was it again? 'Heaven hath no rage, nor hell a fury, as a woman scorned.' Mian couldn't quite remember the words exactly but she was confident such a phrase fit.

Ashika had given her people love and affection only to be betrayed in the end. It was poetic, really. Though then again practically all stories revolving around gods and or their children were poetic in nature. Especially those wherein mortals rose to godhood. Even Gilgamesh, as cocky as Mian remembered him to be, had quite the epic that survived his demise. With the tea finished and Ashika finished speaking on her desires and background, Mian moved to stand. Satisfied with the answer, yet all the more curious now given the mention of yet another god. Was it possible this person Ashika was after was also the one Mr. Grey had been mentioning? Perhaps Lucifer would know more.

With the world returning to normal, Mian readied herself to depart. She had gotten a lot more out of this expedition than she had anticipated. Granted the majority of what she had gathered had left her with more questions than answers but at least now she knew of Ashika and her goals. Something that might have proven to be a headache later down the line, something that still could as a matter of fact. Still, she was satisfied such intel was only useful to Lucifer, and indeed likely something he'd find amusing in his own twisted way. With a sigh and blank expression that contrasted Ashika's grin, Mian spoke softly. "Thank you for the tea, I will permit your existence for now. Do try not to cause too much trouble in your hunt for revenge. I do so hate to work overtime. Now, I must be off. I fear if I delay my return any longer the children will have either created some sort of eldritch effigy or burned the house down, and I don't quite like the sound of either. Good evening".

And with a bow, Mian began to walk back in the direction of the Morningstar Estate.
Merciless Medic Merciless Medic CasualTea CasualTea Sinny The Fool Sinny The Fool Solemn Jester Solemn Jester

Raphael Sorel1679866950423.png
[Current Objective: Protect Yona from... Herself?]
[Mood: What just happened?]
[Interactions: Mian Bhais and Yona, NotYona]
Uasal Uasal CasualTea CasualTea

Everything was just so confusing. Ashika went crazy over remembering something that happened to her, how she was betrayed after giving her subjects everything. She was a human turned into a goddess. Granted, that was just the nature of humans. They'll continue to swallow up everything if they were left unchecked. Of course it spiraled out of control, and even worse that it was orchestrated by someone else.

All this theatrical fluff when she could have gotten to the point, watching on with some mild interest but otherwise dull gaze. Tenzin was just glad he wasn't in a cage anymore and got a lot calmer.

What surprised him was how she was able to basically speak to Yona through illusions and bring her back, even slightly throwing her towards them. But Yona was able to right herself and not fall over, so that was at least good. He wondered just how strong this goddess was then. How much latent energy was left at her beck and call and if Yona's body would actually be destroyed by its overuse.

Thankfully, Ashika's main goal was to get revenge, to which Mian seemed to accept and not kill her, even needing to get back to take care of Lucifer's kids. He sighed in relief. He watched her walk away and looked back at the Ashika figure, wondering if she'll disappear. He looked between Yona and NotYona, and then back to Yona. "So uh... We goin' back to my factory, or what?" He asked, still remembering they needed to go back there. He didn't really know what to say to Ashika's info dump, other than give a sort of apologetic look. Even Tenzin felt the awkward air and flew off to avoid it.

What the hell? That's their reaction? She gave her life's story, and that was it? She frowned before sighing a little, pinching the bridge of her nose. "Ugh... Don't forget groceries later on." She said before she made a hole appear in the ground which had stairs leading into the Earth. She then proceeded to descend down with a look of disappointment on her face. "I'll be back." She said, disappearing into the Earth and closing the hole. Which just bewildered Yona as she walked over to where the hole once was and poked at it with her foot. Solid ground, nothing hollow. Now she's just wondering what capabilities this other self had in her fullest potential. And if she can use it. She shook her head before turning back to Raphael. "Well... Sure. Gimme a second, I need to go fetch my things. You should probably call up a ride."

She then proceeded to go back to her wrecked car, grabbing her bag and opening it. She then started to inspect every part of her guns and equipment to see what broke. Thankfully, nothing was. She then looked at the car as a whole and another thing just popped in her mind. Fucking insurance. God she hated insurance. If only that... Mian was still here, she'd ask for some kind of compensation for her wrecked car. Since it really happened when one of her crows completely messed up her driving, and her windshield! That's not cheap at all! She also realized she's probably gonna have to buy a new car. The engine just looks completely fucked beyond any repair.

"Dammit... Now I have to go car shopping." She said before a voice came from behind them. "Why go car shopping? You can still use my powers, I'm sure." It was Ashika sitting atop one of the beams on the crane that was all messed up. "Just do what I did back in the day. Sword surfing. I believe it's the equivalent to your era's kids using a skateboard. But you're not rolling, you're flying." Yona just looked at her with a raised brow. "...Do you have any idea how weird that just sounds?" Ashika shrugged. "It's not too odd, in my opinion. You just don't have that kind of rizz." "Do you even know what that means?"
Merciless Medic Merciless Medic

Raphael Sorel1680051670199.png

[Current Objective: Get home]
[Mood: Still very confused]
[Interactions: Yona, NotYona]
CasualTea CasualTea

Raphael just didn't know what to think about what he had just seen. It was a lot, and maybe a bit much. So seeing her get frustrated at apparently having gotten minimal reaction had Raphael deadpanning. What did she expect? He pursed his lips in annoyance as she walked downstairs, shaking his head. He looked over at Yona and sighed. "Seems to be just a lot of illusion trickery. We can do the same thing with tech, though this feels more alive." He looked through his phone and called up someone. "Yeah, District 341, no AI. Tenzin's above." He looked up to see Tenzin still flying about in a circle. After putting away his phone, he walked over to Yona's car and pouted. "Damn. It was a good car, too."

That's when NotYona spoke up behind them and Raphael deadpanned again. Sword surfing? While it wasn't a bad idea, he looked at Ashika with a raised eyebrow. "I can't sword surf. And that's basically what a hoverboard does, but you have to be careful in this air space. Home defense turrets will shoot you down. We also have to be careful of overuse. She may not die, but using too much of your power might actually kill her. Though, trying out sword surfing doesn't sound like a bad idea... Also..." He then brought up the topic that got her so disappointed. "Earlier, what did you want us to say? I'm sure Mian's seen everything this dimension has to offer, and I have no idea what you expected me to say. 'Cool illusion work'? That doesn't sound genuine. Might as well let my speechlessness talk for me." He held out his arms, as if asking for a retort or an argument.

Raphael SorelView attachment 1076705

[Current Objective: Get home]
[Mood: Still very confused]
[Interactions: Yona, NotYona]
CasualTea CasualTea

Raphael just didn't know what to think about what he had just seen. It was a lot, and maybe a bit much. So seeing her get frustrated at apparently having gotten minimal reaction had Raphael deadpanning. What did she expect? He pursed his lips in annoyance as she walked downstairs, shaking his head. He looked over at Yona and sighed. "Seems to be just a lot of illusion trickery. We can do the same thing with tech, though this feels more alive." He looked through his phone and called up someone. "Yeah, District 341, no AI. Tenzin's above." He looked up to see Tenzin still flying about in a circle. After putting away his phone, he walked over to Yona's car and pouted. "Damn. It was a good car, too."

That's when NotYona spoke up behind them and Raphael deadpanned again. Sword surfing? While it wasn't a bad idea, he looked at Ashika with a raised eyebrow. "I can't sword surf. And that's basically what a hoverboard does, but you have to be careful in this air space. Home defense turrets will shoot you down. We also have to be careful of overuse. She may not die, but using too much of your power might actually kill her. Though, trying out sword surfing doesn't sound like a bad idea... Also..." He then brought up the topic that got her so disappointed. "Earlier, what did you want us to say? I'm sure Mian's seen everything this dimension has to offer, and I have no idea what you expected me to say. 'Cool illusion work'? That doesn't sound genuine. Might as well let my speechlessness talk for me." He held out his arms, as if asking for a retort or an argument.

She shook her head. "I was expecting some questions since people always fascinate over history and asking a direct source of information straight from that era would be the best form of knowledge." She admitted. "But it's fine, it's fine. I just miss what I've created and forged. You understand, don't you? Bringing yourself and your subjects to the greatest heights. It's always no easy feat." She then jumped down from the crane and looked around her. "Your world's leader... Lucifer? Also in quite a formidable position and must've accomplished some great feats himself. Wonder if he takes pride in it? And will his people bite him back for it?" She asked, curiously as Yona leaned against the wreckage of her car. She was still inspecting her weaponry to check for any damage.

"Anyway, about what you said earlier. That all that was a ton of illusion trickery but more alive. Like I said, I have the ability to tamper with all your senses. That includes sight, touch, smell and taste. I can tamper it all. I can even tamper with your thoughts, but it's much too troublesome to do." She affirmed. "...I wonder if I can even tamper with this world's technology too? Hmmm..." She asked herself as she was putting some serious thought. In this new age, there are a lot of technologies she never had in the past. Especially those that aligned with anything virtual. Like computers and AI.

She soon remembered something. An event from the apartment earlier. She was dormant, but she knew what had occurred. "By the way... That was a strange feeling I sensed from you, back at the apartment. Have you taken such interests in Yona?" She asked curiously, grinning mischievously. Yona didn't catch what she had said as she was too busy checking through her gear. She only looked back when she heard her name was called. What did she just miss?

Cirillia Vines
fqOhVsO.jpg

Interactions: The Regal Rper The Regal Rper Merciless Medic Merciless Medic Sinny The Fool Sinny The Fool
Mentions:

Ciri smiled a little and waved at the two men as Juan introduced them. Well...man and ratman. Eh, close enough to a man anyways. While she did think Doby looked a little funny she wasn't going to say anything to insult him. At-least not purposefully. Personally she was pretty curious to see the disappearing and reappearing monster house. It was by far not the most normal thing in Hell City, but at the same time by and large comparison it wasn't totally crazy. Still pretty crazy though. She remained silent as Doby passed Juan a piece of paper, detailing what he could of it. Overall it sounded mysterious and pretty sketchy. But what wasn't in this city? She hadd heard of the Hero's Guild before herself. They usually were relatively nice people that tried to get rid of some of the blight in the city. A very much uphill and some would probably say pointless battle, but a good cause nonetheless. But the fact that it only had a time and a location didn't sit very well with the bunny girl. Something was certainly up there...usually stuff like that involved very illegal transactions. Or at-least highly dubious transactions. She was a tiny bit upset that her teasing had all but entirely been ignored...but oh well. More important things at hand she guessed. She was surprised when Juan smiled...she was pretty sure she hadn't seen him smile at all the entire time they were together. It was odd simply because she hadn't seen him so much emotion overall, really.

She grinned a little and waved as she was addressed specifically. She had almost forgotten getting her window repaired! Not quite...but this talk about weird demonic houses and mysterious contracts had definitely piqued her interest. "Hehe. That's right. I'll need to check on the café soon too..." She was almost positive things were alright. Such as it was her place of business was decently respected in the area. At-least she liked to think so. She glanced over to San who was practically oozing anxiety and worry about the whole thing. It seemed she wasn't too trusting about any of this either. Then again San wasn't trusting of much in general...however, this time she had pretty good reason to be wary. Involving yourself too much in groups that opposed the Syndicate could land you in pretty hot water. Not to mention how vague all of this sounded. Something didn't add up. But it wasn't Ciri's place to say too much at the moment so she didn't. Juan for the most part knew what he was doing. So far, he hadn't let any of them get hurt other than himself. And even then he got them out of every mess they had been in thus far. He could surely handle things now too.

Cirillia's ears twitched lightly as Doby looked over to her and for a brief moment she understood the look in his eyes, envious that she hadn't mutated horribly. Though she really wouldn't wish her mutation upon anyone, especially the hellish process she had to endure to get it. She did feel bad, though, for how horribly the poor man mutated but at-least he didn't seem terribly upset about it. Overall Doby was a happy and kind fellow that seemed to enjoy himself a lot. "Yay! It'll be fun to have you along anyway I think, you seem fun in general." She said grinning eagerly at the ratman. "Depending on how things go I may tag along with you to this meeting too. If I'm allowed too. I'm pretty curious to see what happens next!"
The past while with San and Juan had been a real rollercoaster. She was having more fun than she had in quite some time. Sure, she really loved running the cafe...it was practically the best decision she'd ever made for herself. But it wasn't the same as this. Out and about on adventures with friends.

The ride to Wire Wares was ultimately uneventful. The bunny looked out at the various buildings within the district and commented on a few things. She had never been to this district before or around Pyre for that matter. She tried to steer clear of anywhere specifically owned by any recognizable names. She didn't want to step on any toes and get in any trouble...at-least...for the most part. She couldn't restrain herself all the time. Once more they soon parked, Juan spoke to a few people, and they were forced to wait again. So much waiting! Cirillia absolutely was NOT made to stay still very much like a small child that was always on the move or fidgeting around some she was just that in adult form...well...adultish. She was the age, surely, but the mindset definitely wasn't quite there yet. "Ooooh...neat outfit!" Cirillia cheered when Juan finally emerged in new clothing and a mask that hid his face. She assumed that was what he wore in the public in the district...or maybe he just wanted to look cool for his new friends? She wasn't sure.

What she didn't expect was for Juan to stop along the way for some photo ops. It seemed Pyre really was well respected within District 84, Juan himself especially. Or maybe every member of Pyre garnered such attention for all the hard work they did for the community? Cirillia wasn't sure. But it did tell her a lot about Juan and his group, the work that they did. And did get her to seriously consider his offer of joining them more than she had been. She did soon notice the two performers juggling off to the side, her eyes growing wide in awe. She had lived in the city a long time and saw people use so many different abilities...but it didn't stop being awesome just because she'd seen similar before. She would also notice quite a few individuals around wearing similar clothing to Juan conducting various tasks in the area. In general trying to keep the place up and make the area more livable for everyone around. Patroling. Keeping things safe. People actually caring about the others around them simply to care about them and not because they were being paid boatloads of cash to guard some wealthy fat guy or something. It was heartwarming really.

Her ears twitched and swiveled on her head as the explosion rang out pretty easily pinpointing where it was at and watching as a few people immediately jumped up to go sort things out. As the building was reached she stopped at the signal and once again resumed humming while popping a candy in her mouth. Her head tilted in curiosity as the orbs appeared. She hoped they weren't weapons. Or bombs. Or weaponized bombs....though bombs were weapons so...technically. She shook her head a little. Either way she remained cautious. It wasn't until she heard "Mines, Deactivated" that she said something. "I was right! They were weaponized bombs!" Cirillia suddenly shouted. Maybe she wasn't as airheaded as she thought she was! Eh...maybe not go that far. All this was...a bit much for someone that repaired windows. But...hey, she didn't tell other people how to run their businesses. Her café was entirely out of place in Hell City too after all. Nonetheless as mines chasing her was mentioned she quickly followed after Juan. "I'm right behind ya!" She called out definitely not wanting to become extra crispy bunny anytime soon. "This place is pretty creepy...are you sure this guy repairs windows?" She asked Juan. She wasn't trying to disrespect the owner...but she couldn't help but be a tiny bit cautious. Yet trusted Juan.

Raphael SorelSilverAsh8.png
[Current Objective: Get to Hearth Corp.]
[Mood: Embarrassed, Peeved]
[Interactions: Yona, Ashika]
CasualTea CasualTea

Hearing out Ashika’s reason for looking so bummed earlier, Raphael shrugged. “I mean… We’re pretty much stuck worrying about the present. Yeah, history’s fascinatin’, but it’s a bit harder to find the time or willpower to care when all you do here is make sure you don’t end up dead or on someone’s kill list.” He pursed his lips as she asked if he understood. Raising an eyebrow, shrugged his shoulders. “While I’m no god or human-turned-god, I do get frustrated when the items I create backfire.” Her question on Lucifer had him tensing his jaw.

Talking about Lucifer always made him rather nervous. “He uh… Yeah. He’s done some wonderful feats and stayed alive through it all. But he didn’t give his subjects anything except for power and a contract that if they can’t get out of without dying. They have to serve him, or else they’ll die, and they cannot hurt him. Anybody who tries gets met with Mian, who was what we saw earlier. She is literal death incarnate, the one who brings people to their end and take their souls. She’s even got the power to kill gods and kill those who can’t die by conventional means. Including people like Yona. But because he’s done some nefarious things, he’s always one step ahead for when assassinations happen. You can’t be in that position without expecting some form of backlash.”

Hearing that she can tamper with his thoughts had his eyes widening and he looked at her distrustingly. “Yeah, you better not get into my head. Tech, though? Not sure. Don’t fuck with my tech though, that shit’s expensive and some of them are the last living relics of fifty years ago that we’re trying to keep alive. In terms of sensing though? Probably not. There are some systems we have that are notoriously difficult to just tamper in terms of using illusions. Unless what you use affects more than just biological matter.”

Then she spoke about how he felt about Yona earlier. She was there, too? Made sense, he recalled Yona had a headache earlier. His eyes narrowed and his tail bristled. “Doesn’t really matter if there is no reciprocation.” He quietly said, his ears flicking to have noticed Yona had turned.

Since that question bothered him, he decided to critique her, not really caring if she hurt him for it, but he felt like it needed to be said. “I would like to say that despite how well you treated your subjects then, you have to take it like you would with children. If someone’s at the top, there will always be someone who will vie for it. If you give someone everything, then they will grow entitled and will want what you have, like power, fame, money, and status. That’s what happens when you give children everything. They become spoiled, and when their parents don't or can’t give them what they want when they have given them everything, they grow resentful and take it anyway.” His expression softened from its earlier hardened expression, looking at her with sympathy.

“However, now I understand my father a bit better because of this. Being a rich kid, there are a lot of things I’ve taken for granted, like security, money, a nice home, food on the table, and having loving parents and siblings who don’t try to kill you but look out for you. So, I guess, thanks.” He scratched the back of his head, chuckling to himself. “If you do end up finding yourself in that position again though, be careful next time. Just because people are loyal to you because you give them everything doesn’t mean they’ll stay loyal. Being handed everything makes one numb to their emotions and loyalties, and they’ll start to take everything for granted. If you did give them hard work to give them a sense of satisfaction via achievements however, my condolences. I’m sure all your subjects regretted what they did to you, as they are likely dead for their mutiny - whether it was from you or from that girl who took everything from you. If we do find her in this plane of existence, I'll help you.”

At the end of his semi-critique, he gave a sardonic smile. “I guess that logic doesn’t really apply anymore though, so it really can’t help you for right now. But that’s the logic Lucifer takes. He knows he’s bad, and he won’t settle for being complacent just because he gives his subjects what they want. He’s aware people want him dead, and he’ll always be several steps ahead of them. That’s why I prefer not to anger him. He rules with fear and respect more so than just respect. In this world, you have to show you shouldn’t be fucked with. If you don’t, people will find ways to fuck with you. And even if I were to leave Hearth Corps, I’ll be hunted down for knowing confidential secrets anyway. For having security in a job, I can’t really leave without incurring a bounty on my head.”

At the end of that, he looked down the street, his falcon dive bombing to then land on his shoulder to alert that they are almost here. He then looked back at her, hoping she didn't get too angry after amending that criticism into more of a sympathetic view.

“Apologies for the lecture. We had time to kill.”

San InazumaTexas7.jpg
[Current Objective: Follow Juan]
[Location: Hell City, District 84 | Pyre District]
[Mood: Concerned]
[Interactions: Juan, Ciri, Doby]
The Regal Rper The Regal Rper Mitchs98 Mitchs98 Sinny The Fool Sinny The Fool

This was all so weird.

Especially when Juan smiled.

San didn’t like being next to Doby. But when they traveled to Wire Wares and then further beyond after Juan changed clothes, she realized just how against Lucifer they were. It startled her, but there was a sense of freedom she did like. The safety within this particular area with all these Pyre members, the cohesiveness in terms of how people act to one another, and the swiftness in taking care of hostility or disturbances… It felt a little like what home should feel like. It was the perfect feel of chaotic energy for her to be semi-comfortable in, but still feel much nicer than any place she’s ever been to.

That only made her anxiety worsen, but she wasn’t willing to leave now.

Even as all the signals in her head told her it was too good to be true, she still wanted to stay and find out if this would be a place she could potentially stay in. Settle in, maybe.

Of course, any wrong move from the Pyre group and she was out.

She walked close to Juan, not wanting to be taken away from him and therefore her only shred of safety in this new area.

As they went to the new area, she looked between Juan and Ciri, and then the floating drone. She had seen these things before in plenty of areas, so that’s not what spooked her. What did was the mines. She was hesitant to cross, unsure if they were really deactivated. However, Juan’s prompting had her rushing to his side, not wanting to be left alone with homing mines.

The outfit Juan had to wear piqued San’s curiosity, but it also scared her. If she potentially joined Pyre - which she was against at the moment - would she have to wear this uniform? Wouldn’t that brand her as a traitor to the Syndicate? Would she have a bounty on her head?

It just scared her even more. But then again… If she had abilities of her own that were similar to these people… Would she even be branded as a traitor to the Syndicate anyway?

It was inevitable.

Joining proved far safer despite the possibility of Lucifer or Mian coming to her and taking her life. Her death was also inevitable, and she didn’t think she’d last very long but - damn it - she was trying.

At Ciri’s question, San looked at her. “I’m sure them being able to fix a window is the least of our worries. If they have homing mines, I’m sure they can make windows. And do so much more…” She mumbled, her ears had been pinned back the entire trip and her tail bristled and curled just slightly between her legs. Steeling herself, she went to pull out a cigarette to hopefully calm her nerves, not lighting it yet but setting it between her lips so she may chew on the end just slightly before she was given permissions to light it, to which she looked up at Juan hopefully, tugging on his sleeve again and staring up at him with questioning doe eyes and a cigarette sitting between her lips, her finger pointing to it.

Hopefully, this didn’t end as badly as last time.

Raphael SorelView attachment 1079015
[Current Objective: Get to Hearth Corp.]
[Mood: Embarrassed, Peeved]
[Interactions: Yona, Ashika]
CasualTea CasualTea

Hearing out Ashika’s reason for looking so bummed earlier, Raphael shrugged. “I mean… We’re pretty much stuck worrying about the present. Yeah, history’s fascinatin’, but it’s a bit harder to find the time or willpower to care when all you do here is make sure you don’t end up dead or on someone’s kill list.” He pursed his lips as she asked if he understood. Raising an eyebrow, shrugged his shoulders. “While I’m no god or human-turned-god, I do get frustrated when the items I create backfire.” Her question on Lucifer had him tensing his jaw.

Talking about Lucifer always made him rather nervous. “He uh… Yeah. He’s done some wonderful feats and stayed alive through it all. But he didn’t give his subjects anything except for power and a contract that if they can’t get out of without dying. They have to serve him, or else they’ll die, and they cannot hurt him. Anybody who tries gets met with Mian, who was what we saw earlier. She is literal death incarnate, the one who brings people to their end and take their souls. She’s even got the power to kill gods and kill those who can’t die by conventional means. Including people like Yona. But because he’s done some nefarious things, he’s always one step ahead for when assassinations happen. You can’t be in that position without expecting some form of backlash.”

Hearing that she can tamper with his thoughts had his eyes widening and he looked at her distrustingly. “Yeah, you better not get into my head. Tech, though? Not sure. Don’t fuck with my tech though, that shit’s expensive and some of them are the last living relics of fifty years ago that we’re trying to keep alive. In terms of sensing though? Probably not. There are some systems we have that are notoriously difficult to just tamper in terms of using illusions. Unless what you use affects more than just biological matter.”

Then she spoke about how he felt about Yona earlier. She was there, too? Made sense, he recalled Yona had a headache earlier. His eyes narrowed and his tail bristled. “Doesn’t really matter if there is no reciprocation.” He quietly said, his ears flicking to have noticed Yona had turned.

Since that question bothered him, he decided to critique her, not really caring if she hurt him for it, but he felt like it needed to be said. “I would like to say that despite how well you treated your subjects then, you have to take it like you would with children. If someone’s at the top, there will always be someone who will vie for it. If you give someone everything, then they will grow entitled and will want what you have, like power, fame, money, and status. That’s what happens when you give children everything. They become spoiled, and when their parents don't or can’t give them what they want when they have given them everything, they grow resentful and take it anyway.” His expression softened from its earlier hardened expression, looking at her with sympathy.

“However, now I understand my father a bit better because of this. Being a rich kid, there are a lot of things I’ve taken for granted, like security, money, a nice home, food on the table, and having loving parents and siblings who don’t try to kill you but look out for you. So, I guess, thanks.” He scratched the back of his head, chuckling to himself. “If you do end up finding yourself in that position again though, be careful next time. Just because people are loyal to you because you give them everything doesn’t mean they’ll stay loyal. Being handed everything makes one numb to their emotions and loyalties, and they’ll start to take everything for granted. If you did give them hard work to give them a sense of satisfaction via achievements however, my condolences. I’m sure all your subjects regretted what they did to you, as they are likely dead for their mutiny - whether it was from you or from that girl who took everything from you. If we do find her in this plane of existence, I'll help you.”

At the end of his semi-critique, he gave a sardonic smile. “I guess that logic doesn’t really apply anymore though, so it really can’t help you for right now. But that’s the logic Lucifer takes. He knows he’s bad, and he won’t settle for being complacent just because he gives his subjects what they want. He’s aware people want him dead, and he’ll always be several steps ahead of them. That’s why I prefer not to anger him. He rules with fear and respect more so than just respect. In this world, you have to show you shouldn’t be fucked with. If you don’t, people will find ways to fuck with you. And even if I were to leave Hearth Corps, I’ll be hunted down for knowing confidential secrets anyway. For having security in a job, I can’t really leave without incurring a bounty on my head.”

At the end of that, he looked down the street, his falcon dive bombing to then land on his shoulder to alert that they are almost here. He then looked back at her, hoping she didn't get too angry after amending that criticism into more of a sympathetic view.

“Apologies for the lecture. We had time to kill.”

Ashika simply sighed, scratching the back of her head a little. "No, it's quite alright. It's understandable anyway. I just didn't want to rule instilling fear into my subjects. That wasn't the type of person I was back then anyway." Soon, Yona looked down the road and noticed a vehicle was coming towards them. She assumed it was Raphael's but she was still on guard nonetheless. "Maybe we should do a little shopping. You'd like me to wear a sun dress to the festival, no? Could be like a date." Yona supposedly said to Raphael. But if he listened closely, there was a slight distortion that could be picked out from it. That was probably Ashika attempting one of her abilities again just to mess with Raphael to see his reaction. What Yona really said was: "We got a vehicle inbound. Are they yours, Raphael? It's not AI controlled again, right?" She asked out of concern from previous events. However, she wouldn't have known that Ashika just tampered with Raphael's hearing so she wouldn't know any context for whatever Raphael answers that wasn't related to her question.

Ashika was also playing it smooth, she didn't bear any reaction or change in facial expression wanting to hide her attempt at tampering as much as possible. She... Probably just wanted to gaslight Raphael for the fun of it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back